Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832900 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bolaji73(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
Buy internet Data plan as cheap as #200.It's legal! It's legit.. www.nairaland.com/4001210/mtn-250mb-200500mb-3501gb-6002gb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
Isaolamide:
Evening doctors in the house. Does this ASUU strike affect clinical students in hospitals
It doesn't not affect clinical rotation, end of posting tests and posting lectures but it affects general class lectures (I mean any lecture outside a specific posting)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
It's been a long time
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
lomaxx:
Ok this is what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna categorize all thr soft copy links from preclinical to final year
All the books you're gonna need
Both Indian and others. You heard me right- Indian books.
-You can have Vasudevan, Charteajea , Sembulimgam , Harsh Mogan all in clean soft copy.
So drop your mails while I find start work.

May I use this time to say that as a medical student, a tablet is a must-have. You need it. If you have money, buy an iPad, bcause the battery life is flawless. The iPad 4 has a battery capacity of over 11,000 mah. If you're just using it to read without browsing, you could go for 4days without charge.

If you don't have money so much, buy a good tablet with a decent battery life. Tecno pads have decent battery life. Samsung too.

With a tablet you can have so many books at your disposal. Instead of buying one book and being limited, you can have as many as 4. It gives you an advantage over ur peers. And best if all, you can read anywhere.

Good luck guys. I'll get back to y'all.
help me with the texts bro...mustaphadamilolasalahudeen@yahoo.com...thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
lomaxx:
-You can have Vasudevan, Charteajea , Sembulimgam , Harsh Mogan all in clean soft copy.

May I use this time to say that as a medical student, a tablet is a must-have. You need it. If you have money, buy an iPad, bcause the battery life is flawless. The iPad 4 has a battery capacity of over 11,000 mah. If you're just using it to read without browsing, you could go for 4days without charge.

If you don't have money so much, buy a good tablet with a decent battery life. Tecno pads have decent battery life. Samsung too.

With a tablet you can have so many books at your disposal. Instead of buying one book and being limited, you can have as many as 4. It gives you an advantage over ur peers. And best if all, you can read anywhere.

Please send the soft copy books to My email address hilarynwokoye@gmail.com.

May God bless you as you do it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pilate2016(m): 12:03am On Aug 21, 2017
lomaxx:

Please send to me. emmanuelokenyi596@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:10am On Aug 21, 2017
For aspirants and those who are yet to make decision on whether to study medicine,

so far since my journey into medical, I won't say it's totally a smooth one. There are lots of up and down, the joy, happiness, the disappointments, stress and various challenges, I and my colleague encountered.
Medicine has a way of making you look like a mediocre(obviously most of us were the best in our former schools). Most of us were told stories about how students who were on 7.0 in their first year were sent packing out of medical schools. We were told disheartening stories about how people who after years of utme attempts were asked to withdraw because they couldn't cope.
We have heard lots of them, but we don't allow fear to conquer us, we have always offered word of encouragement to one another. We believe that since we have started the journey, we must finish it.
Some of you have various motivation for choosing medicine e.g prestige, job security, peer pressure, love for children, wealth, love for the sick and others but please make sure that your reasons or motivations for choosing medicine should be able to keep you motivated throughout your stay in med school because believe me med school is really tough if not extremely stressful, you spend 6 to 7years of your life reading, writing series of tests and participating in academic activities. You tend to have a reduced to zero social life, you are always glued to your books throughout the day. I can't count the number of sleepless night, You read through out the night till dawn, because there are loads of material to read, a medical student will understand what I mean.
Motivation keeps you fired throughout your stay in med school and makes you forget about the whole stress.
Also learn how to set goals and priorities as it will enable you to make good use of your time and ensure proper time management. Believe me, the greatest enemy of medical students is Time.

And to my esteemed colleagues i.e doctors in training, I salute your doggedness and your zeal to push on in face of adversaries. I respect all of you, especially those who braved all odds and make it this far despite all the fears and insult(I remember a certain lecturer telling my colleague in front of the whole class, that he had no brain and ought not to be med school)and "shoe size scores" .
Special gratitude to Dr lomaxx, I read some of his comments and observations, they were quite helpful.
Lastly I will tell you this, "no motivation is totally good or evil". Either your motivation is to acquire wealth, help others, job security or to treat the sick, it's definitely not evil or good but use your motivation to help humanity, by so doing you leave the world a better place than you met it.

I am a medical student, writer and activist. I can be reached via +2347035083306

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by caasi220(m): 3:16am On Aug 21, 2017
Remlaugh:
bro,i,m An Aspirant Of Udus,can I Get U Contact?

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by caasi220(m): 3:17am On Aug 21, 2017
Shekstatari:
. Moses where you at?
am an aspirant...pls can i get ur contact??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olumose001(m): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2017
caasi220:
Good day, any udus medical student here??
Yeah, we're here!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olumose001(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2017
Remlaugh:
bro,i,m An Aspirant Of Udus,can I Get U Contact?
I'm a medical student of the school, 09074050507.. contact me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hertheywarlay: 7:59am On Aug 21, 2017
lomaxx:

Dr. Lomax please sir send it to me (sharry05supab@gmail. com)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodddnews(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2017
pls dr lomaxx, I NEED CLINICAL BOOK, particulary the one for 400lev and 500lev. my email is fridaybest4@gmail.com. I will be very gratful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Blairbukky(f): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
please Dr lomaxx, I need d books for 100L and 200 L dis is my email. bukolablessing97@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
Vcojuro:
For aspirants and those who are yet to make decision on whether to study medicine,

so far since my journey into medical, I won't say it's totally a smooth one. There are lots of up and down, the joy, happiness, the disappointments, stress and various challenges, I and my colleague encountered.
Medicine has a way of making you look like a mediocre(obviously most of us were the best in our former schools). Most of us were told stories about how students who were on 7.0 in their first year were sent packing out of medical schools. We were told disheartening stories about how people who after years of utme attempts were asked to withdraw because they couldn't cope.
We have heard lots of them, but we don't allow fear to conquer us, we have always offered word of encouragement to one another. We believe that since we have started the journey, we must finish it.
Some of you have various motivation for choosing medicine e.g prestige, job security, peer pressure, love for children, wealth, love for the sick and others but please make sure that your reasons or motivations for choosing medicine should be able to keep you motivated throughout your stay in med school because believe me med school is really tough if not extremely stressful, you spend 6 to 7years of your life reading, writing series of tests and participating in academic activities. You tend to have a reduced to zero social life, you are always glued to your books throughout the day. I can't count the number of sleepless night, You read through out the night till dawn, because there are loads of material to read, a medical student will understand what I mean.
Motivation keeps you fired throughout your stay in med school and makes you forget about the whole stress.
Also learn how to set goals and priorities as it will enable you to make good use of your time and ensure proper time management. Believe me, the greatest enemy of medical students is Time.

And to my esteemed colleagues i.e doctors in training, I salute your doggedness and your zeal to push on in face of adversaries. I respect all of you, especially those who braved all odds and make it this far despite all the fears and insult(I remember a certain lecturer telling my colleague in front of the whole class, that he had no brain and ought not to be med school)and "shoe size scores" .
Special gratitude to Dr lomaxx, I read some of his comments and observations, they were quite helpful.
Lastly I will tell you this, "no motivation is totally good or evil". Either your motivation is to acquire wealth, help others, job security or to treat the sick, it's definitely not evil or good but use your motivation to help humanity, by so doing you leave the world a better place than you met it.

I am a medical student, writer and activist. I can be reached via +2347035083306
Nice write up, I can relate especially as I am studying for bcm incourse.... Oh well gotta keep on keeping on and finding the Joy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
Vcojuro:

nice write up doc.. am relating
just checked my anatomy result 30min ago.
i swear i never recover from the tachycardia wey hold me . lol..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Urgent ! pls how can I retrieve my WAEC photo card having forgotten the email and password
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingsley9505(m): 2:30am On Aug 22, 2017
lomaxx:

Kinobasi@gmail.com. Thank you doc, 100 level.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayox1(m): 6:08am On Aug 22, 2017
good day.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Feanah(f): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2017
bethedoski:

Hi Dr, Will be glad to get them for you too .
There are many nice hostels off-campus you could easily afford for your intended duration of stay(at the agent's discretion of course).
I can't guarantee that of the Dr's quarters reservation but will be sure to make enquiries. Congratulations Dr

Hello sir,good morning.How are you?
I'm around,how do I get the past questions pls?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Vcojuro:

wow... I'm inspired. Keep the fire burning.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstimemacaulay(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2017
lomaxx:
My brother scored 322 in the UTME 2017. He choose Medicine. He's awaiting his WASSCE Results. He choose University of Uyo because of my parents. I really want him to go to UCH, Ibadan. Now he has agreed with me.

Is the change of university/course form out? When would it be out? How much is it usually? Help me guys.
Cephalocaudal greetings to u Dr. lomaxx....plz i need d books aswel my email ...godstimemacaulay@gmail.com...Tanks in advances
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Paul984(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2017
Vcojuro:

Vincent, able class rep you are sighted
UI all the way
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
Any OAU or UI medical student here?pls,I need your help.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ftosino(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good Afternoon To The Docs In The House,
I Am An Aspirant Of Unilorin, Pharmacy Waiting for the post ume form.
what should i expect when i get admission (which In Sha Allah I Wil).

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
daboo:
@ sir bethedosky wen I tryd to send msg to yr mail I received a msg dt d msg is blocked or dd u received my message?

Ohh... let me have ur email then Sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
MrEgghead:
Your question is not even discernible.
But If I got you right,you're trying to know of the courses/professions that are regulated by the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria.Well,Those courses are medicine,Dentistry and alternative's medicine. And for your info,MDCN is a Regulatory body and not an Exam...The assessment exams conducted by MDCN are majorly for those who got their degrees abroad and wish to practise in Nigeria or those who failed to secure an internship placement within two years of graduation.Unilorin offers Medicine but I heard It has started Dentistry recently;not so sure though.

The university of Ilorin does not offer dentistry Sir.
Thanks for the reply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
ChucE:
Gooday all, my name is Augustus, a medical aspirant of Unilorin. I would like enquire if I can be admitted to study Medicine at the above mentioned school with my following results :

JAMB Results
Use of English 65
Biology 63
Chemistry 71
Physics 71
Aggregate 270

WASSCE Results
Marketing A1
Geography D7
Civic education A1
English language C4
Mathematics B3
Biology B3
Chemistry B3
Physics B3
Computer Studies A1

Please do I stand a chance of being offered admission. Thanks for taking time to read the aforementioned write up. I wait in anticipation of your replies.

Sir Augustus, that's a good result... Congratulations. You obviously stand a chance. I must tell you though, that it would be a battle of the fittest and coming from the catchment areas would also help... Really wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
ftosino:
Good Afternoon To The Docs In The House,

I Am An Aspirant Of Unilorin, Pharmacy Waiting for the post ume form.

what should i expect when i get admission (which In Sha Allah I Wil).

Your first year would be basically a recap of your O' Level courses... Maths, Chem, physics, general studies and a computer science course. Core pharmacy courses would be introduced in 200L.Would link you to a pharmacy student here for better communication (with her permission). Wish u the best!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okolocassia1: 5:26am On Aug 24, 2017
08187488875. dis is my number @maxxg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ftosino(m): 8:19am On Aug 24, 2017
bethedoski:

Your first year would be basically a recap of your O' Level courses... Maths, Chem, physics, general studies and a computer science course. Core pharmacy courses would be introduced in 200L.Would link you to a pharmacy student here for better communication (with her permission). Wish u the best!

Thanks, pls do that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dentmoyin(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
lomaxx:

sir pls I need it, here is my email dentmoyin@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.