Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832853 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
hagiosfemi:

Ok, Intend To Make Things Lively. A New Ques For The Group, Symptoms Of Meniere Syndrome?
vertigo, fluctuating hearing loss, episodic ipsilateral ear pain. Classical symptom is Tinnitus.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zeisha(f): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
smiley

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
zeisha:
Hello everyone! Anyone studying mbbs at iuo? I just got admitted there. smiley
Congratulations, enjoy the journey
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2017
zeisha:
cheesy
zeisha:
WHich school is IUO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zeisha(f): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Millex:

Congratulations, enjoy the journey

Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zeisha(f): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2017
profolaafe:
cheesy WHich school is IUO

Igbinedion university
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
zeisha:

Igbinedion university
zeisha:

Igbinedion university
zeisha:

Igbinedion university
Alright God we see u through
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hi Everyone, i am an aspirant from Cameroon having an A-Level (grades : Math.-A, Bio-B, Phy-C, Chem-D + French-A ).
-Plz do someone has any advice how to get Direct Entry into UI or LASU ?
-And what should i expect in the process of Admission ?
-Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zeisha(f): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
profolaafe:
[color=#006600][/color]
Alright God we see u through

Amin, thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
Please does anyone knows whether NDU can admit 2nd choice candidate for mbbs and a non indigene
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 10:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Hello All, greetings.

Please, who knows why the splenic artery is tortuous (wave-like)?

I've been thinking of this...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ExcessKJ(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
TONYE001:
Hello All, greetings.

I speculate you could have ask the significant of it being tortuous in nature.
Firstly, I will advice you to check an Atlas of Human Anatomy for better view of splenic artery which is a retreperitoneal vessel.

The splenic artery has branches which also supply other vital abdominal organs majorly the pancreas, the stomach and terminal branches into the spleen.
Nature made it turtous and fairly large in diameter of a short length to accumulate significant much volume of blood to the pancreas and spleen.

Cross check the diameter of the splenic artery and it terminal branches into the spleen. You could deduce it have to be tortuous to withhold the volume of blood from the celiac trunk otherwise, the spleen may be over perforated with blood beyond capacities of its red pulps can accumulate.

My above submission is not from any text but reasoning and I am subject to corrections.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Please what do u know about Glory land or Oremeji hostel?Who are the Inhabitants?No of student in a room?Level one enters the hostel
Thanks in anticipation of ur reply
Cc:-Angiography or any oau Medical student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ascent(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Anyone running or interested in starting a Medical / First Aid training, business or consultancy? Imported Medical /First Aid training models (manikins) for doctors, nurses and first aiders available in Lagos. Partnership too. Just email me for details
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
profolaafe:
[/color]
Please what do u know about Glory land or Oremeji hostel?Who are the Inhabitants?No of student in a room?Level one enters the hostel
Angiography,Dunsin 89,Docphil,Penvoy[color=#990000]
profolaafe:
[color=#006600]
Angiography,Dunsin 89,Docphil,Penvoy[/color]
profolaafe:
[color=#006600][/color]
Angiography,Dunsin 89,Docphil,Penvoy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
dasamek8:
Please does anyone knows whether NDU can admit 2nd choice candidate for mbbs and a non indigene
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by muveey(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2017
Lagusta:

Primaries mean the exam u take that leads to the specialty of ur choice. It is usually written after housejob or service, and depends on the specialty of interest...

CGPA is NOT used in medical school, we use progressive assessment (PA) which is like a percentage, in unilorin, u must make PA of 50% in all subjects before u can be promoted.

Textbooks are numerous, however, these are the few I can give u..

200L and 300L: anatomy
Clinically oriented anatomy by keith moore
Embryology by TM sadler
Basic histology (can't remember the author's name)

Physiology
Review of medical physiology by WF gannong
OR
Physiology by guyton and hull

Biochemistry
Harper's illustrated biochemistry

400L
Pathology
Robbins pathologic basis of disease
(U can also buy textbooks in haematology, microbiology and chemical pathology)

Pharmacology
Lippincott's pharmacology
OR
Katzung's pharmacology

500 and 600L
Paediatrics
Nelson's textbook of paediatrics
OR
Paediatrics by azubike (nigerian author)

Obstetrics and gynaecology
The ten teachers O & G
OR
Textbook of O & G by agoola (nigerian author)

Medicine
Medicine by kumar and clark
Hutchinson's clinical methods (for clerking patients)

Surgery
Bailey and love short practice of surgery
Churchill's pocket textbook of surgery (for exam stuff)
Norman browse surgical methods (for clerking patients)

NB: these books are TERRIBLY expensive, so when u get them, guard them with ur life!!!!!

CHEERS!!
please can i know thier prices
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2017
dasamek8:

The chances of your admission in NDU via second choice is very slim. But then again if your scores are very good you should be considered for admission. There are lots of non indigenes studying Med in NDU.
Which school is your first choice?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bdkim237:
Hi Everyone, i am an aspirant from Cameroon having an A-Level (grades : Math.-A, Bio-B, Phy-C, Chem-D + French-A ).
-Plz do someone has any advice how to get Direct Entry into UI or LASU ?
-And what should i expect in the process of Admission ?
-Thanks
is that Cambridge igcse or Cambridge a levels? The process starts from jamb. Do you have anyone in Nigeria to go to jamb office to make enquiries for you? Closing date for jamb De form is 15th September
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
dearpiriye:
is that Cambridge igcse or Cambridge a levels? The process starts from jamb. Do you have anyone in Nigeria to go to jamb office to make enquiries for you? Closing date for jamb De form is 15th September

Its simply '' Cameroon GCE-Advanced Level ''. It follows the British System. And about the enquiries, i've seen that there are centres in other countries including Cameroon. I might not apply this year but i need to get prepared for the next.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bdkim237:

Its simply '' Cameroon GCE-Advanced Level ''. It follows the British System. And about the enquiries, i've seen that there are centres in other countries including Cameroon. I might not apply this year but i need to get prepared for the next.
hmmm...I think you should make better enquiries if they are the same.for ui if not Cambridge a levels don't bother applying.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
TONYE001:
Hello All, greetings.

hmmm..thumb up @ excesskj.
to add to this

since the spleen can can extend it direction@downward nd forward wen enlarged(in d direction of the umbilicus towards the right iliac fossa in disease condition.. thus a need for a tortuous splenic artery to support it movement to avoid unnecessary strains on d artery.. likewise it diameter too as there is an active need to take good volume of blood for it normal function. u know..

likewise the stomach thru the course of its distention/enlargement wen filled might push on the spleen to an extent..

just saying too o..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2017
Tenison96:

The chances of your admission in NDU via second choice is very slim. But then again if your scores are very good you should be considered for admission. There are lots of non indigenes studying Med in NDU.
Which school is your first choice?
thanks my first choice is ABSU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2017
hello guys av been following dis thread since b4 I took ma 2017 jamb and I got 235 buh due to d fear of me awaiting neco and thinking of screening I changed from MBBS in unillorin to futminna biochemistry not knowing DAT deer will be post utme I av lost all hope ever since den but now I just had an idea if I get admitted to biochem dis yr by Gods grace can I sit for jamb nxt yr and choose MBBS again if not pls wat other route can I take I really really love dis cause but waiting a yr is really much for me pls I need ur candid advice guys
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
This thread still active?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Infamous(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:
hello guys av been following dis thread since b4 I took ma 2017 jamb and I got 235 buh due to d fear of me awaiting neco and thinking of screening I changed from MBBS in unillorin to futminna biochemistry not knowing DAT deer will be post utme I av lost all hope ever since den but now I just had an idea if I get admitted to biochem dis yr by Gods grace can I sit for jamb nxt yr and choose MBBS again if not pls wat other route can I take I really really love dis cause but waiting a yr is really much for me pls I need ur candid advice guys
My Ogas,
Permit me to reply our brother.
I think you should go for the change of course through JAMB. That's if it's still on and if your choice of University has not written post Utme exams.
You can also change your department, like you suggested, after you get admitted. But this is only possible if you can have a very high CGPA after your first year.
Good luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
Infamous:

My Ogas,
I think you should go for the change of course through JAMB. That's if it's still on and if your choice of University has not written post Utme exams.
You can also change your department, like you suggested, after you get admitted. But this is only possible if you can have a very high CGPA after your first year.
Good luck.
I thought coc can only be done once?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:
that route is very much okay. other routes will be prescience, ijmb, Cambridge a levels, jupeb.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
dearpiriye:
I thought coc can only be done once?
Twice.
at least this was what happened this year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Infamous:

My Ogas,
Good luck.
change of course is only once and I av done DAT already and futminna ain't having medicine I applied 4 biochemistry dere

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.