Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834014 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by rasaquadri: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
I think both are good

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SamanN: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
SamanN:
Medics in the house...
I noticed in past less than 2 years, whenever i exercise my body; let's say running for instance.
On finishing the session I feel my heart beat vigorously even to my hearing, i also feel dizzy a little bit. What could be the cause? What food to take and food not to take, drugs etc..

PS: I've started feeling better these days.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Naijagirlfriend: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
SamanN:
Medics in the house...
I noticed in past less than 2 years, whenever i exercise my body; let's say running for instance.
On finishing the session I feel my heart beat vigorously even to my hearing, i also feel dizzy a little bit. What could be the cause? What food to take and food not to take, drugs etc..

PS: I've started feeling better these days.

hmm, this is nairaland, not clinic.
but anyway since u want a say from a med STUDENT and not a doctor.. oya ..

increase heart beat is normal after vigorous exercise
sound too tend to increase it pitch than the normal resting state..

but ur sudden notice of sound for the past 2 yrs means ure hearing the unusual one( strange), abnormal

abnormal heart sound are called Cardiac/heart murmur usually heard with stethoscope along with the normal heart sound..

Murmur has there own sound as regard their type of causes.
Ur doctor will tell u d cause base on the type of sound heard or rather base on any test he conduct.

causes of cardiac bruit/murmur (I assume ure an adult)
(stenosis / incompetence of AV/semiLunar valve,
septa defect, coarctation of the aorta,, who knows, u can be Anaemic too)...

u should visit the clinic sharply bro.
U might be told to run ECG test and lot more..pls do

u stayed too long before crying out na ,
u don't need to wait so long to report this case as delay may can be ......

u said ure getting better,, just see ur doctor..

Health is wealth.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SamanN: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
Drguzzykola:

but ur sudden notice of sound for the past 2 yrs means ure hearing the unusual one( strange), abnormal

abnormal heart sound are called Cardiac/heart murmur usually heard with stethoscope along with the normal heart sound..

Ur doctor will tell u d cause base on the type of sound heard or rather base on any test he conduct.

Health is wealth.

This is priceless, thanks boss.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sarsay(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Drguzzykola:

Health is wealth.
reping uniport medic ....rty?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
sarsay:
reping uniport medic ....rty?
yep.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2017
Thelma009:
Please who knows when UNN supplementary list will be out? The waiting is killing. And also, have first year students started resuming in UNN? Please don't ignore
before 26 Nov na so I hear
UNN aspirant drop ur no make we chat
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thelma009: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
venmotors:

before 26 Nov na so I hear
UNN aspirant drop ur no make we chat
Ohhh.....owk thanks.... Email me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordmavidon(m): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
walcut:

what was your aggregate score in the basic programme

I had 53.6 percent , third in my department , anatomy but i havent gotten admission yet. Any tin as basic second list?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Medically5: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2017
I rejoice coz I've been admitted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2017
damilola8775:
Congrats boss,I also saw that on my status but OAU is yet to say anything on it
#Team_Mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2017
Congratulations. .. but kindly wait for your school to release her admission list.. as CAPS isn't a major criteria for admission. ..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2017
I checked unilorin's portal also,nothing has been mentioned though...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rihsabmohd(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2017
bethedoski:

Funny I was already typing the little I could remember when it occurred to me I could just dig up my portal and post my 100l course form instead.
I feel it's important to add that NO medical student with a cgpa less than 3.0 and/or with more than 2 D's in a session will proceed to the medical college.
Why the rush by the way... admission list is not out yet is it?...Wish you the best.�

bro pls can u drop Ur WhatsApp digits
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rihsabmohd(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
damilola8775:
Drop ur whastapp digit bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by everdeen(f): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Pls, is taking the risk to study Med & surgery in a school that is yet to be accredited worth it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
Rihsabmohd:
Drop ur whastapp digit bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Julidab: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2017
if u knw any that want to do his or her housemanship or intenship in fedral medical centre, let me knw. D form is free nd is ending dis month.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2017
My first post on this thread....

I've been a ghost follower since December 2016.

I read the thread from page 0 till the most recent, especially during the buildup to jamb, and it served as a great morale booster for me. God bless you all. Special recognition to Dr. Lagusta.

I'm a newly admitted Dentistry and Dental surgery student, University of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sholahokif: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2017
Bobola07:

I read the thread from page 0 till the most recent, especially during the buildup to jamb, and it served as a great morale booster for me. God bless you all. Special recognition to Dr. Lagusta.

I'm a newly admitted Dentistry and Dental surgery student, University of Ibadan.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2017
Admission for UDUSOK is out! For those that applied, visit www.udusok.edu.ng
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ZhuoYang111(m): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
HORIZONAL CONSULT (STUDY IN CHINA TEAM) BRING GOOD NEWS TO ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
we are proud to announce that Admission for MARCH INTAKE 2018 is Strongly in progress for international students. We here by encourage international studebts to start sending documents to us
Below are list of very AFFORDABLE TUITION FEES for BACHELOR AND MASTERS DEGREE For International students who really want to study in CHINA, a country full of wide and various opportunities waiting to be explore by You.....
TUITION FEES FOR BACHELOR DEGREE $2400 PER YEAR
Chemical Engineering and Technology
Oil-gas Storage and Transportation Engineering
Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mining Engineering
Electric Engineering and Automation
Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation
Computer Science and Technology/Software Engineering
International Business Administration
International Economy and Trade
TUITION FEES FOR CLINICAL MEDICINE (MBBS ), PHARMACY, NURSING E.T.C RANGES FROM 3000$-3700$ PER YEAR
TUITION FEES MASTER DEGREE $3100 US PER YEAR
Oil-gas Storage Transportation Engineering
Oil and Gas Well Engineering
Chemical Technology
Computer Technology
Electric Engineering and Automation
Technology Economy and Management
Enterprise Management
Civil Engineering
Mining Engineering
Machinery Design and Manufacture and its Automation
Chemical Engineering
Applied Chemistry
Chemical Technology
Oil-gas Storage Transportation Engineering
Thermal Energy and Dynamic Engineering
CHINESE LANGUAGE PROGRAM TUITION FEES $800 ONE SEMESTER (PROGRAM DURATION 1 YEAR)
Chinese Language Training Program
Pre-University Foundation Courses
Contact us for more information on Application and other Enquiries
Email Admissioninfo.cn@gmail.com
Phone : +2348115734435
WHATSAPP +2348115734435
For more Info concerning admission, Visas and other services please visit our page now
https://www.facebook.com/HorizonalConsultingcompany/

Don't keep this Amazing news to you self share to others because you don't know the destiny you are about to change with this.
Your future our Priority....

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ZhuoYang111(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
New Full presidential scholarships Available Available for international students
Fully funded scholarships for Bachelor, Master and PhD which will cover the tuition fees, accommodation and a monthly Allowance of RMB 1250 for Bachelor, 1600 for Master and 2000 for PhD:
this scholarship covers all fees from the first year to the final year of study, full presidential scholarship scheme was established march 2017 for every international students who finds difficult to continue payment of their second year tuition and accommodation as a result of low income from parents. with this students can work and gather enough fund for upkeep and other expenses both in china and in Home country
Below are list of courses available for scholarship
Medium of Instruction: English
Majors:
Bachelor:
1. Computer Science and Technology
2. Mechanical Engineering and Automation
3. BBA
4.international Economic an trade
5. International business administration
6. electrical engineering
7. software engineering
Master:
1. Computer Science and Technology
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
3. Vehicle Engineering
4. Industrial Design Engineering
5. Material Science and Engineering
6. Metallurgical Engineering
7. Materials Engineering
8. Electrical Engineering
9. Electronic Science and Technology
10. Information and Communication Engineering
11. Control Science and Engineering
12. Electronic Communication Engineering
13. Software Engineering
14. Architecture
15. Civil Engineering
16. Agricultural Water-Soil Engineering
17. Chemical Engineering and Technology
18. Chemical Engineering
19. Environmental Engineering
20. Mining Engineering
21. Safety Engineering
22. Geological Engineering
23. Optical Engineering
24. Integrated Circuit Engineering
25. Power Engineering
26. Biomedical Engineering
27. Industrial Engineering
28. Administration and Engineering
29. Accounting
30. Enterprise Management
31. MBA
PhD Majors:
1. Mechanical Engineering
2. Material Science and Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Electronic Science and Technology
5. Computer Application Technology
6. Geotechnical Engineering
7. Structural Engineering
8. Water Conservancy Engineering
9. Chemical Engineering and Technology
10. Environmental Engineering
11. Mining Engineering
12. Mineral Resource Prospecting and Exploration
13. Safety Science and Engineering
14. Optoelectronic Materials and Devices
15. Biomedical Engineering
16. Administrating Science and Engineering

Terms and Conditions:
In order to continue the scholarship, the student will have to keep up with the following terms and conditions:
1. Should at least have B grade or a GPA of at least 2.8.
2. Should not fail any subject.
3. Attendance in the class should be 90%
4. Should not break any law of the University
5. Should not break any law of P. R. China
6. Should not indulge in a fight or bad behaviour inside or outside the campus.

Study in China Now:
Admissioninfo.cn@gmail.com
whatsapp contact : +2348115734435
for more info on Admission, visas, and other services please click on our page now
https://www.facebook.com/HorizonalConsultingcompany/

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
sholahokif:

Congrats

Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profchudo(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good day guys, i am a student of imsu biochemistry...medsurg was my choice when i picked my jamb form but medsurg and some medical courses like medlab, nursing wasn't accredited in imsu so i was admitted to study biochemistry.

One prof in IMSU who happened to be my relative promised me that he can swap me to optometry...but am damm confuse because my mates have been telling me to settle for biochemistry that spending six years for optometry didn't wort it..they told me to focus on biochem that i can go for masters in any medical course after graduating..

Pls bosses in the house i need your candid advice here..

urgent replies will highly be appreciated.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
damilola8775:
Congratulations... Welcome to the Medical family
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bobola07:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
everdeen:
Pls, is taking the risk to study Med & surgery in a school that is yet to be accredited worth it?
What is the name of the school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elysian30: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello..m new here.....direct entry aspirant for Abu 2017/2018 session

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: akande115 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.