Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1828099 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zico5:

6 withdraws, 34 repeats and over 40 resits. The result is generally poor. may God almighty console the withdrawn ones.

Fada Lawd!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zico5:
OAU medical school year two result is brutal. May God console those that fail. medical school no be beans o
The same school some1 had 12 distinctions. No excuse for failure.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
Bobola07:

congratulations bro.. I'll send u a PM. I'm newly admitted for Dental surgery too, but at UI.
i saw your pm i have replied back Dr

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zico5(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
hagiosfemi:

The same school some1 had 12 distinctions. No excuse for failure.
Probably u don't know what Medical school is all about. It's more than being brilliant. I have seen a first class graduate of microbiology being shown the out of medical school. U must be committed to pass through the college or u will regret it. The girl u are talking about is one out of thousands if not millions. So don't talk about what u don't know.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zico5:

Probably u don't know what Medical school is all about. It's more than being brilliant. I have seen a first class graduate of microbiology being shown the out of medical school. U must be committed to pass through the college or u will regret it. The girl u are talking about is one out of thousands if not millions. So don't talk about what u don't know.

Please which school was discouraged 1st class grad dropped out?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Zico5:

I respect ur opinion tho, am also a medic in path pharm class who is acquainted with the rigour of med sch. Many later realise they were nt cut out for medicine. The girl I wrote abt is one of d few who proved the majority wrong.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Win95: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
Where are the clinical guys, no O&G, paedo ppl here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by significance: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
If you are planning to come/go back to medicine after studying a first degree then you must mind the kind of people you discuss this decision with. Some persons will make you appear stupid with some unguided statements. Some will tell you stuffs that will make it appear that all you want is just to be called 'Doc.'. Some will make you feel you just wasted time and resources studying your first degree. Always avoid such people by all means. You will know them from their previous disposition or from what they say the first time they hear about this decision of yours. From then on, do everything within your means to make sure your paths don't cross again until you are done with your studies or well into it. Especially if you know you can't handle such 'poisonous' words. This might even require you cutting off some friendships. Words are powerful and they carry spirits.

(But if actually you are coming into medicine because of the money or the status attached to it, think again. Nothing should be done because of money, even if it's packing dirts off the streets. Find dignifying reasons to attach to your pursuits!)

Nonetheless, you will always find solace and encouragement in the knowing that your motivation to go into medicine after a first degree or while already studying a course is genuine and that medicine is a necessary career path for you. With this deeply seated conviction/assurance you will ever be on the move even if you are the only one in the world taking such step. But you aren't. Know that countless others are taking such steps too but you might not see one around you. You can find some strength in that too.

You need some encouragements? You need someone to hear and contribute to the advancement of your plans and aspirations? You need some motivation, and anchoring? You are finding preclinicals not being funny? You can reach out.

For the love of medicine,

Significance.
Medsurge. UI. 300l.

23 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
significance:

If you are planning to come/go back to medicine after studying a first degree then you must mind the kind of people you discuss this decision with. Some persons will make you appear stupid with some unguided statements. Some will tell you stuffs that will make it appear that all you want is just to be called 'Doc.'. Some will make you feel you just wasted time and resources studying your first degree. Always avoid such people by all means. You will know them from their previous disposition or from what they say the first time they hear about this decision of yours. From then on, do everything within your means to make sure your paths don't cross again until you are done with your studies or well into it. Especially if you know you can't handle such 'poisonous' words. This might even require you cutting off some friendships. Words are powerful and they carry spirits.

(But if actually you are coming into medicine because of the money or the status attached to it, think again. Nothing should be done because of money, even if it's packing dirts off the streets. Find dignifying reasons to attach to your pursuits!)

Nonetheless, you will always find solace and encouragement in the knowing that your motivation to go into medicine after a first degree or while already studying a course is genuine and that medicine is a necessary career path for you. With this deeply seated conviction/assurance you will ever be on the move even if you are the only one in the world taking such step. But you aren't. Know that countless others are taking such steps too but you might not see one around you. You can find some strength in that too.

You need some encouragements? You need someone to hear and contribute to the advancement of your plans and aspirations? You need some motivation, and anchoring? You are finding preclinicals not being funny? You can reach out.

For the love of medicine,

Significance.
Medsurge. UI. 300l.

Most encouraged here. Honestly just encouraging

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 05, 2018
Good day people, it's been a while here.. For all the Medical students, a general Medical group has been created on Facebook.. Please just search NIGERIA MEDICAL STUDENTS FORUM on Facebook and join.. Let's keep the group interactive and learn.. We're lovers of medicals.. Please search the group and join.. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Greetings great medics. What scholarships are presently available for medical students
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2018
please is there any whatsapp group created for this thread also?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Melkos: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please do schools accept bsc in chemistry for de to medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Prophylactic:
on monday

Sorry, was it through caps or sch portal or the new list, I heard pasted in the dept?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 12:07am On Mar 06, 2018
Benjax:

Sorry, was it through caps or sch portal or the new list, I heard pasted in the dept?
CAPS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 4:14am On Mar 06, 2018
Brukx:
Greetings great medics.
What scholarships are presently available for medical students

total
shell

total ---around september-november period sha
shell--- i don forget

Agbami schl is cool but they gat some ishh why they wont b accepting new awardee base on d info they gave sometimes ago
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2018
Prophylactic:
CAPS
All Right. Goodluck. Let me be waiting and also write JAMB one more time.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 8:06am On Mar 06, 2018
Melkos:
Please do schools accept bsc in chemistry for de to medicine

depends on the school. some do, some don't
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by umehpaul1: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2018
Jason555:
Good day people, it's been a while here.. For all the Medical students, a general Medical group has been created on Facebook.. Please just search NIGERIA MEDICAL STUDENTS FORUM on Facebook and join.. Let's keep the group interactive and learn.. We're lovers of medicals.. Please search the group and join.. Thanks

good day everyone am I put optometry in my Fort coming jamb I hope de course Is ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Melkos: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2018
Bobola07:

depends on the school. some do, some don't

Ok thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DALE917(f): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
DALE917:
Hello, this is my first post and i've been following this thread since my 1st year.
I do have a few questions tho

I'm an 18yr old final year nursing student finishing by november this year and i want to proceed to study medicine by applying through A-levels (my friends are against it, na their headache bi that sha) My questions are
Since i'll be graduating by november,

when is the best time to buy the form to avoid further waste of time?
What school do you think is less competitive for direct entry, i'm from osun state (Don't mention Unilag o)
Is it possible to buy more than one direct entry form after the A-levels exam to increase my chances
Is it possible to take jamb the same year while buying a direct entry form

JAMB/DE form can be processed simultaneously. DE form expired on the 11th of last month. I suggest you should take the next one by December this year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DALE917(f): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
Brukx:

JAMB/DE form can be processed simultaneously. DE form expired on the 11th of last month. I suggest you should take the next one by December this year

A-levels form o
Cambridge preferably
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
DALE917:

A-levels form o Cambridge preferably
FYI, DE stands for Direct entry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DALE917(f): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
Brukx:

FYI, DE stands for Direct entry

FYI, mr ITK, Direct entry is different from A-levels examination
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
DALE917:

FYI, mr ITK, Direct entry is different from A-levels examination
madam ITK, A-Level holders get admission via Direct entry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DALE917(f): 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bobola07:

madam ITK, A-Level holders get admission via Direct entry.

The question was when would the A-Levels form be out. Not direct entry
I know what i'm talking about
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tony142: 12:37am On Mar 07, 2018
Jason555:
i sight u sir, hope u recognize me? Lol, na ur boy oo for facebook, Anthony , i guess u don remmember ba?? It's me, weldone sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:32am On Mar 07, 2018
DALE917:
Hello, this is my first post and i've been following this thread since my 1st year.
I do have a few questions tho

I'm an 18yr old final year nursing student finishing by november this year and i want to proceed to study medicine by applying through A-levels (my friends are against it, na their headache bi that sha) My questions are
Since i'll be graduating by november,

when is the best time to buy the form to avoid further waste of time?
What school do you think is less competitive for direct entry, i'm from osun state (Don't mention Unilag o)
Is it possible to buy more than one direct entry form after the A-levels exam to increase my chances
Is it possible to take jamb the same year while buying a direct entry form
At this time I don't think you can get admission to an A level school. I think you should just focus on your nursing for now. By August/September apply to an A level school so that you can write the May/June exam so you pick up the DE form next year.
Jamb threatens disqualification for those that are caught taking more than one DE/UTME forms.
For schools I can't say. If you want less competition and a surer admission go through JUPEB but either way be ready to work hard.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:33am On Mar 07, 2018
Obakenny01:
Hello Medics, I'll like to know if these schools conduct entrance exams for DE candidates

1) UNICAL

2) UNILORIN

3) OAU

4) UI

Thanks.
4) none
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:35am On Mar 07, 2018
sk2p:

It's only possible with Alevel certifications. In Alevel u do 3 subjects and a grade point is attached to each grade as follows;
A = 5
B = 4
C = 3
D = 2
E = 1
F = 0
So if an Alevel (London or Cambridge Alevel, Ijmb, Jupeb etc) has a result like biology -D, chemistry - B and physics - B
That implies 2+4+4=10+1=11points for having any F a +1 is given by jamb.

That's only possible with Alevel certifications. Note that entry point for most medical schools is 12points and above. UI, Abu and Unilorin is 13points.
Unilag is 16pts cos of deir high pass rate @ Jupeb.....

I hope all these helps.
Please be sure of your information. UI cut off is never static. It depends on how well the applicants performed. My year was 16 points, the next 14. I don't think it has ever gone below 14.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.