Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847243 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
DrBESTJC:
Hello UI Bosses here....

A friend of mine told me that UI does not allot equal marks to all the questions.

According to him,English Language, calculations in Chemistry and physics always carries higher marks.

Please, Is this True ?

And if yes,
Is there any other good English textbook I can buy to be more proficient in Use of English(and smash UI PostUTME)....apart from Inviscible Teacher ?

Very Serious and Urgent Please !

Some people will even tell you there is negative marking.
Some people will tell you some questions carry more mark.

The most hilarious thing about this people is that they are not even a student of UI.

Don't believe those fat lie.

Each question carries 1 mark, and you are to answer 100 questions in 90 minutes without calculator.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
Please guys how do i study to gain admission to study medicine ,please i dnt want to write jamb more than twice,i would also be glad if some one can mentor or coach me .i am ready to take instructions.
Study the past questions of the university of ur choice.But do not focus all ur attention on this because most universities do not repeat questions in most cases but they do sometimes.
When you study their past questions,note the topics from which they often set questions and read up those topics extensively if you have enough time.Also go through ur jamb past questions.Most universities pick questions from here also.I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Deebliss(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Stephaustin:

Your friend should try getting a new birth certificate. If it's not possible for him, then, he should get a court affidavit swearing that the two names refer to the same person. With that, the case is settled.

However, let him, first of all, try getting a new birth certificate that'll tarry with his other documents.

I sight you sir Austin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kimsokrates:
Study the past questions of the university of ur choice.But do not focus all ur attention on this because most universities do not repeat questions in most cases but they do sometimes.
When you study their past questions,note the topics from which they often set questions and read up those topics extensively if you have enough time.Also go through ur jamb past questions.Most universities pick questions from here also.I hope this helps
cn u mentor me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
cn u mentor me
I don't have any problem with dat
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kimsokrates:
I don't have any problem with dat
when cn we start
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
when cn we start
Any time u re ready
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kimsokrates:
Any time u re ready
i would be ready by tmr.are u a med student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
i would be ready by tmr.are u a med student?
yea I am
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 6:32am On Aug 02, 2018
DrImmaculate:

Hey I saw this, why did you change from DELSU to UNIBEN? Anyways, you stand a chance in both. You already have 41 pts if you divide ur score by 8. All you need is at least 80 above and you have an average of 80% above and that is above last yr's cutoff of 77. I'd really love to have you as a classmate in UNIBEN come October/November.
Indomixx, here is my question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2018
Benjax:

Choosing a school, I think, depends on factors you alone can consider: school fees, proximity, catchment, etc....

I recommend Invisible Teacher and,or A-Z in English both by Dele Ashade for Use of English.
Lamlard series for Chemistry. Make sure you take down all key points topic by topic, especially the ones that are new to you. That's what you'd revise at the die minutes.

Past questions and answers for the four, especially the ones with detailed explanation can do magic.

I wish you the BEST!
Amen.Thanks,can we chat on fb ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ultron12345: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2018
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2018
charleymed:

First I want to congratulate you on this wonderful O level result you've got. At least you are one step ahead.
I can remember vividly, few years back I was in this state. Had a desire to do well, but didn't know how to go about it. I could remember I was particularly afraid of the jamb exams because everything was pointing to the fact that it was not an easy exams. But at a point I stopped panicking and decided to confront it.
Fast forward...

How I scored 302 in my first jamb.

At the time of registration I was meant to be in SS2, but got my GCE O level the previous year, so I stopped going to school.
I prepared for this exams in 4 months.
First, I started with the textbooks. Ababio for chemistry, new school physics, modern biology. And for English I only read news papers, journals and the dictionary.
I dedicated the first one month to studying the above listed books, and I went over them 2 times, from cover to cover by the end of the month.
Then I started with the past questions.

How did I study the past questions?
The three subjects. Physics, chemistry and biology.
I normally solve minimum of 5 years for each subject per day. Let say, 1980-1985.
First, I tried answering the questions based on my knowledge(timed 30 minutes for 50 questions), after which I will mark and do correction.
When doing correction, I check the explanations for both the ones I got right and the ones I failed.
Then, I move on to the next subject and do the same.
So, in a day I do a minimum of 15 years for the three subjects.

Then the next day, I will try and read around most of the topics that appeared on the past questions I solved the previous day, in my textbooks.
I continued in that manner, one day for answering the next day for reading.
When I was done answering the whole questions. I started all over again in that manner, and again and again until I lost count.

When I started, my best performance was, 29/50 for biology, 22 for physics, 26 for chemistry. But I didn't give up, even though I knew I was so deficient.
But as I went on my scores improved until I was consistent at 46/50 for biology, 46 chemistry, 49 physics.
It worked.

Exam day. I finished in 3 hours, and had 30 minutes to sleep.
Result came out.
English 59
Biology 75
Chemistry 81
Physics 87
Total 302.

My regrets. I didn't study for English at all, and I almost failed it.
I wish you the best bro.
This guy is definitely a genius; 15yrs PQs in a day , I call that phenomenal. Boss U're in what level now @ UniJos? I'll like to chat you up, how can I reach you?

Skilful/gifted hands, Great minds, Tenacious men, they are called CHARLEYMED.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2018
charleymed:

First I want to congratulate you on this wonderful O level result you've got. At least you are one step ahead.
I can remember vividly, few years back I was in this state. Had a desire to do well, but didn't know how to go about it. I could remember I was particularly afraid of the jamb exams because everything was pointing to the fact that it was not an easy exams. But at a point I stopped panicking and decided to confront it.
Fast forward...

How I scored 302 in my first jamb.

At the time of registration I was meant to be in SS2, but got my GCE O level the previous year, so I stopped going to school.
I prepared for this exams in 4 months.
First, I started with the textbooks. Ababio for chemistry, new school physics, modern biology. And for English I only read news papers, journals and the dictionary.
I dedicated the first one month to studying the above listed books, and I went over them 2 times, from cover to cover by the end of the month.
Then I started with the past questions.

How did I study the past questions?
The three subjects. Physics, chemistry and biology.
I normally solve minimum of 5 years for each subject per day. Let say, 1980-1985.
First, I tried answering the questions based on my knowledge(timed 30 minutes for 50 questions), after which I will mark and do correction.
When doing correction, I check the explanations for both the ones I got right and the ones I failed.
Then, I move on to the next subject and do the same.
So, in a day I do a minimum of 15 years for the three subjects.

Then the next day, I will try and read around most of the topics that appeared on the past questions I solved the previous day, in my textbooks.
I continued in that manner, one day for answering the next day for reading.
When I was done answering the whole questions. I started all over again in that manner, and again and again until I lost count.

When I started, my best performance was, 29/50 for biology, 22 for physics, 26 for chemistry. But I didn't give up, even though I knew I was so deficient.
But as I went on my scores improved until I was consistent at 46/50 for biology, 46 chemistry, 49 physics.
It worked.

Exam day. I finished in 3 hours, and had 30 minutes to sleep.
Result came out.
English 59
Biology 75
Chemistry 81
Physics 87
Total 302.

My regrets. I didn't study for English at all, and I almost failed it.
I wish you the best bro.
?
This guy is definitely a genius; 15yrs PQs in a day , I call that phenomenal. Boss U're in what level now @ UniJos? I'll like to chat you up, how can I reach you?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 9:49am On Aug 02, 2018
DrImmaculate:

I don't think I'm a genius. I was determined.
I'm still in 600 level, no thanks to our slow academic calendar, but it's well.
+2348135491069, WhatsApp or telegram.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2018
Kimsokrates:
yea I am
so how do i star
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2018
DrImmaculate:
?

that boss is something else grin,
if u know u know,,

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Indomixx: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2018
DrImmaculate:

Indomixx, here is my question
Okay.... Actually, the story is kind of complicated. I wanted to change to Delsu cus I felt my chances there were higher but along the line I didn't change. I later weighed my options and found out that Uniben was the best bet for me..... I'd also love to have u as a mate. God help us. We will get there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wuyiseducon(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Well, after it all, I’m happy to inform the public that the registration for the 2018/2019 OAU post-UTME screening has began now, and it is real. You can register wherever you are using the schools eportal. But it is advisable you don’t give the job to people who don’t know so much about OAU’s post-UTME. It is also dangerous for you to use your own registration in learning how to do the registration—that could affect your admission. Any mistake counts in OAU o. if you have anyone whose meticulousness and sincerity you can bank on, and they are in Ife, it is better you send the money to them and let them handle the registration for you. Quote me anywhere, everything about OAU involves experience and perfection—especially the admission processes. Rad more here >>>> http://wuyisblog..com/2018/08/oau-post-utme-out-now-really-tags.html

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]hey guys, I just saw this tread this morning and am impressed.
Am a 100 L medical student (the call us premed) at nnamdi azikiwe university, Unizik, is there any unizik aspirant here or senior colleague at nnewi?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 11:45am On Aug 02, 2018
Hey guys, Good morning
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
so how do i star
send in details to email address what you want me to do for you.include your university of choice,your jamb score and any important details u can include.We will start from there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
Berly:
[color=#770077][/color]hey guys, I just saw this tread this morning and am impressed.
Am a 100 L medical student (the call us premed) at nnamdi azikiwe university, Unizik, is there any unizik aspirant here or senior colleague at nnewi?
.am an aspirant.cn u share ur story
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
Kimsokrates:
send in details to email address what you want me to do for you.include your university of choice,your jamb score and any important details u can include.We will start from there
cn we use facebook. I have email probs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
cn we use facebook. I have email probs
am not active on facebook.contact me on whatsapp 08104760330
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
.am an aspirant.cn u share ur story
no p
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
Berly:
no p
I graduated in 2016, wrote the famous jamb that the added marks to, scored quite low after applying medicine in unn, I felt devastated... Many can relate am sure. They added some marks later but it didn't do anything for me, I even bought shopping form and changed to combined biology sciences but I didn't get it. I registered last year, and applied to unizik, scored up to 290, by God's grace and above 70 in the post utme, my name came out on first list without any IM... It's been tough and Its just the beginning but In God I trust

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
Funny thing is how they cut down the number of students, I'm in year one we offer 24 courses including General studies, School rule is if you fail any course, you are out of the department, there's no opportunity to even repeat the year, so it's not all about getting it but staying and graduating sha... God dey

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Berly:
Funny thing is how they cut down the number of students, in year one we offer 24 courses including General studies, School rule is if you fail any course, you are out of the department, there's no opportunity to even repeat the year, so it's not all about getting it but staying and graduating sha... God dey
how did u make it in jamb after failing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
how did u make it in jamb after failing
well I wouldn't say I failed jamb the first year coz there were so many discrepancies in jamb that year and that's why marks were added to some of us. Nevertheless, I think the best way to prepare for jamb (friends also did this)is to begin with past questions, as you answer u asterisk questions u either guessed, we're not sure of or didn't know at all, after that you go back to a good textbook and read up everything on that topic, solve the next year and continue like that...
PS: you should make a good habit of writing down some facts you dont gains so easily in o'levels textbook that is normally repeated in jamb and post utme. Good luck to all medical aspirants
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Berly:
well I wouldn't say I failed jamb the first year coz there were so many discrepancies in jamb that year and that's why marks were added to some of us. Nevertheless, I think the best way to prepare for jamb (friends also did this)is to begin with past questions, as you answer u asterisk questions u either guessed, we're not sure of or didn't know at all, after that you go back to a good textbook and read up everything on that topic, solve the next year and continue like that...
PS: you should make a good habit of writing down some facts you dont gains so easily in o'levels textbook that is normally repeated in jamb and post utme. Good luck to all medical aspirants
thanks . Please do u guys offer the same course with pharmacy students.and are pharmacy students dropped when they fail?, do pharmacy students stay in school throughout or got to college of medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
Kimsokrates:
am not active on facebook.contact me on whatsapp 08104760330
can u give me ur email address .nairaland mail is nt working

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.