Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1827690 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Indomixx: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
DrImmaculate:
Bro, You didn't answer my question
Sorry, Pls I don't remember. Pls what's the question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CyrilPatrickk(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2018
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by centitan(m): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
CyrilPatrickk:
pls any Udusok medic here ? I need ur help badly
I thought you opted for UNN,what's up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello guys.I av 7b's & 2c's for o level result.pls how can i score more than 300 in jamb next year to be on a save side.I want to study med & surg.But i dont know which to pick between .Ui,lasu.Unilag,oau.Pls how can i study hard .Which textbooks are the best to study for jamb:physics,chem,bio & english.Pls help me out.!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
DrImmaculate:

Miss, pls would you by any chance be acquainted with Akintayo David Abiodun (a.k.a Sir Hayfour) in your class over there @ UCH?
yes I know boss A4

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CyrilPatrickk(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
centitan:
I thought you opted for UNN,what's up.
asking for a friend
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 28, 2018
dearpiriye:
yes I know boss A4
Boss I've sent a PM I think there's a need to be in touch with you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2018
please help !!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Bigboy289:
Hello guys.I av 7b's & 2c's for o level result.pls how can i score more than 300 in jamb next year to be on a save side.I want to study med & surg.But i dont know which to pick between .Ui,lasu.Unilag,oau.Pls how can i study hard .Which textbooks are the best to study for jamb:physics,chem,bio & english.Pls help me out.!!!
I noticed this thread don't really care about students preparing for jamb like encouraging them and stuff only when they pass you come for school suggestion or mainly those that have started the real anatomy and physiology you care more. Except for very few issokay God dey....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ajet001:

Boss I've sent a PM
I think there's a need to be in touch with you.
Piriye is just fine . Send a mail again......I was having issues with my acct. PrinnyOfodoks@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
James150:
I noticed this thread don't really care about students preparing for jamb like encouraging them and stuff only when they pass you come for school suggestion or mainly those that have started the real anatomy and physiology you care more. Except for very few issokay God dey....
What exactly are you looking for.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bigboy289:
First I want to congratulate you on this wonderful O level result you've got. At least you are one step ahead.
I can remember vividly, few years back I was in this state. Had a desire to do well, but didn't know how to go about it. I could remember I was particularly afraid of the jamb exams because everything was pointing to the fact that it was not an easy exams. But at a point I stopped panicking and decided to confront it.
Fast forward...

How I scored 302 in my first jamb.

At the time of registration I was meant to be in SS2, but got my GCE O level the previous year, so I stopped going to school.
I prepared for this exams in 4 months.
First, I started with the textbooks. Ababio for chemistry, new school physics, modern biology. And for English I only read news papers, journals and the dictionary.
I dedicated the first one month to studying the above listed books, and I went over them 2 times, from cover to cover by the end of the month.
Then I started with the past questions.

How did I study the past questions?
The three subjects. Physics, chemistry and biology.
I normally solve minimum of 5 years for each subject per day. Let say, 1980-1985.
First, I tried answering the questions based on my knowledge(timed 30 minutes for 50 questions), after which I will mark and do correction.
When doing correction, I check the explanations for both the ones I got right and the ones I failed.
Then, I move on to the next subject and do the same.
So, in a day I do a minimum of 15 years for the three subjects.

Then the next day, I will try and read around most of the topics that appeared on the past questions I solved the previous day, in my textbooks.
I continued in that manner, one day for answering the next day for reading.
When I was done answering the whole questions. I started all over again in that manner, and again and again until I lost count.

When I started, my best performance was, 29/50 for biology, 22 for physics, 26 for chemistry. But I didn't give up, even though I knew I was so deficient.
But as I went on my scores improved until I was consistent at 46/50 for biology, 46 chemistry, 49 physics.
It worked.

Exam day. I finished in 3 hours, and had 30 minutes to sleep.
Result came out.
English 59
Biology 75
Chemistry 81
Physics 87
Total 302.

My regrets. I didn't study for English at all, and I almost failed it.
I wish you the best bro.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pls guy how do i study to pass jamb and study Medicine in the university .i have less than 6 months left
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by makkosky(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
shiffynaani:
PLS WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS WE GOING TO BRING TO THE EXAM CENTRE

Need sure admission @oou

Contact 080(62)5698-22

I have slots
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
James150:
yes,u are right.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
Pls guy how do i study to pass jamb and study Medicine in the university .i have less than 6 months left
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
ARCHEMEDESME:
can we chat on fb ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
please @charleymed can we chat on fb ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bigboy289:
please @charleymed can we chat on fb ?
Off course.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 1:28am On Jul 30, 2018
charleymed:
Off course.
my username is Fashina Adebayo Samson Olaotan
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2018
Pls I'm still asking for clinical neuroanatomy by Vishram Singh
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2018
Please some one should answer my question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2018
Donpre:
Congrats Dr Millex... Success all the way
i need ur help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2018
Millex:

I understand that bro but in the end you are all you got you gotta be the "Rock" have faith in ur self
i need ur help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2018
lomaxx:
The Nairaland Medics Thread is a phenomenon. I cannot tell all the testimonies from this association. I cannot count the number of people who eventually studied Medicine because we demystified the experience. I get emails upon emails to that effect. I cannot count the number of people who appreciate the ageless mentorship we provided for medical education. I'm happy within the short time I was active, I was able to motivate, inspire and counsel.

What makes me happy the most, is that you are all succeeding. I'm happy. I'm proud. I want us to take the world from this community and I see that happening very soon. ��

I see globally renowned surgeons, ministers of health, and presidents from that community. I see AmbFitSaint, the OAU guy, becoming a Nobel Laureate �. They are not ready.
i need ur help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrBESTJC(m): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hello UI Bosses here....

A friend of mine told me that UI does not allot equal marks to all the questions.

According to him,English Language, calculations in Chemistry and physics always carries higher marks.

Please, Is this True ?

And if yes,
Is there any other good English textbook I can buy to be more proficient in Use of English(and smash UI PostUTME)....apart from Inviscible Teacher ?

Very Serious and Urgent Please !

Cc:
Pes13
TheHistorian
Nltaliban
Condomsir
Babablogger
Rursh
Ajet001
Oldfoolnigger
Samuelizz
Bobola07
ChomaMee
Sirgalahad26
Eben331....
...and others.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2018
DrImmaculate:
Donpre, pls are you in UNIPORT?
I am
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bigboy289:

Choosing a school, I think, depends on factors you alone can consider: school fees, proximity, catchment, etc....

I recommend Invisible Teacher and,or A-Z in English both by Dele Ashade for Use of English.
Lamlard series for Chemistry. Make sure you take down all key points topic by topic, especially the ones that are new to you. That's what you'd revise at the die minutes.

Past questions and answers for the four, especially the ones with detailed explanation can do magic.

I wish you the BEST!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
DrBESTJC:
Hello UI Bosses here....

A friend of mine told me that UI does not allot equal marks to all the questions.

According to him,English Language, calculations in Chemistry and physics always carries higher marks.

Please, Is this True ?

And if yes,
Is there any other good English textbook I can buy to be more proficient in Use of English(and smash UI PostUTME)....apart from Inviscible Teacher ?

Cc:
Pes13
TheHistorian
Nltaliban
Condomsir
Babablogger
Rursh
Ajet001
Oldfoolnigger
Samuelizz
Bobola07
ChomaMee
Sirgalahad26
Eben331....
...and others.....

FELAR by S.C. Chuta of UNN. It has both question&answer version and textbook version.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
DrBESTJC:
Hello UI Bosses here....

Please, Is this True ?

And if yes,

Cc:
Pes13
TheHistorian
Nltaliban
Condomsir
Babablogger
Rursh
Ajet001
Oldfoolnigger
Samuelizz
Bobola07
ChomaMee
Sirgalahad26
Eben331....
...and others.....

Fundamentals of English Language and Register-- FELAR.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please guys how do i study to gain admission to study medicine ,please i dnt want to write jamb more than twice,i would also be glad if some one can mentor or coach me .i am ready to take instructions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Qpwo: 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Apply for the miralpharm essay competition and stand a chance to win 500 thousand naira. Hurry now as it ends in a month time. https://m.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.miralpharm.com%2Fessay%2Fvote.php%3Fusr%3D825104517-nkem-obiakor

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.