Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833177 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Deebliss(m): 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
DrImmaculate:
Thanks alot.. Success awaits you. All the best bro
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
khingTony:

Congrats Bro

Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pes13:

Congrats bruh, welcome to the league of Doctors in the making.

Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
GdexFolami:
I guess you just have passion for medical field
You have to b specific about your goals in life.
And I think it's high time I speak about this to every aspirant ...
Okay ,what's the basis of your passion really?
Is it to save lifes?
Is the monetary aspect?
Is it that you want to b respected for being a doctor or wareva?
Is it the pressure from home?
OR you want to prove to people that have underated you?
Truth be told ,many people are deluded about medical ambitions. You need to have at least one solid reason for going for what you're going for not vague and ending reasons.
I won't tell you the best reasons because inside of you ,you know the reasons that can't fail you along the way .For you to survive as a medical student or medical practioner without lamenting on minor hurdles you may face along way ,your reason for starting the journey must be solid enough to fall back on when little challenges arise.

ok first of all i dnt knw if ur reply is an advice or just an assumption from u dat my passiin fr medicine is fr some hullabalu purpose owk to clear ur doubts or so
My passion fr medicine started from my jss3 d day i watched ben carsons gifted hands ..ever since then av been inquisitive and fascinated purely by the human body,medical processes,surgical processes e.t.c just thinking of all this pumps adrenalin tru my veins i dnt gv a shit of d name or the pay
All i knw is i love everything about it just imagine d smile dat will be on yur face after a successful surgical operation ever since av fallen fr biology as a course and health related courses

Hope that clears your doubt undecided

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wuyiseducon(m): 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Leaving all jokes apart now to talk about the cutoffs, if you have been following my publications about this admission, it means you must have read a blog I published to predict how the cutoff of most of the departments will be very high this year; and here are the reasons why I made these claims… Continue reading article here>>>>http://wuyisblog..com/2018/09/the-coming-of-oau-cutoff-tags-nairaland.html

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
ok first of all i dnt knw if ur reply is an advice or just an assumption from u dat my passiin fr medicine is fr some hullabalu purpose owk to clear ur doubts or so
My passion fr medicine started from my jss3 d day i watched ben carsons gifted hands ..ever since then av been inquisitive and fascinated purely by the human body,medical processes,surgical processes e.t.c just thinking of all this pumps adrenalin tru my veins i dnt gv a shit of d name or the pay
All i knw is i love everything about it just imagine d smile dat will be on yur face after a successful surgical operation ever since av fallen fr biology as a course and health related courses

Hope that clears your doubt undecided
Hmmmmn cheesy
Anyhow sha ,like I said earlier “be specific about your goals ,chase it and don't settle for less" and I know God will help you through that.
I wish you all the best in your way through life. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joy080: 12:10am On Sep 26, 2018
pls,i need a medical student(esp in ui) to clarify me on this.what is the chance of a physiology or human nutr student with very high cgpa to be accepted into mbbs if he wish to cross in 200l.
cuz,someone said that it's somehow impossible.most esp if there were no available space in the mbbs department..and that one also need connection for it.
pls how true is it.and, i need someone to clarify and enligthen me on this...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:40am On Sep 26, 2018
Dvd4:
Please can I get ur contact? Preferably, Facebook?
drop your name, I'll add you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 2:34am On Sep 26, 2018
stemmez:

Re u amnesty student?
No am not
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 3:06am On Sep 26, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
heres my story thats been giving me sleepless nights and depression finished 2017 scored 235 but i was scared my score was low so i changed to biochemistry i wrote jamb dis yr got 241 and was not admitted to pharmacy now am thinking of applying 2019 and a thousand more if am not giving medicine or pharmacy
My love for pharmacy and medicine is endless
I have no joy at all in biochem
Now am having peer pressure against my choices and telling me time is wasting and all that bullshit at first i dnt actually listen but now dey are starting to get to me i turned 17 this yr
And am studying biochem at a university of technology so nothing like changing from one department
I need ur advice
My brother you know what you want, go after it without looking back. Just a little of my story. I finished my first degree 2010 wrote jamb again in 2011 but could not gain admission because of low scores. Wrote jamb again in 2013 with good scores but behold there was serious crisis in Mali which I was nominated for peace keeping operation and as a military officer I cant say no. Celebration at airport on the day I was told and brieft that we are flying back home to Nigeria and we shall land at Abuja air port but the story changed as we landed at Maiduguri air port. Battle with boko haram started immediately but yet with passion and love for medicine I sneaked at war front wrote 2016 jamb and today am on 6years study leave. If medicine is what you want be crazy about it.

10 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 7:28am On Sep 26, 2018
Am a potential 100 level medical student. I rep (NAU-UNIZIK). Any medical student of the school to help throw more light on what medizik is all about

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2018
aboking:
My brother you know what you want, go after it without looking back. Just a little of my story. I finished my first degree 2010 wrote jamb again in 2011 but could not gain admission because of low scores. Wrote jamb again in 2013 with good scores but behold there was serious crisis in Mali which I was nominated for peace keeping operation and as a military officer I cant say no. Celebration at airport on the day I was told and brieft that we are flying back home to Nigeria and we shall land at Abuja air port but the story changed as we landed at Maiduguri air port. Battle with boko haram started immediately but yet with passion and love for medicine I sneaked at war front wrote 2016 jamb and today am on 6years study leave. If medicine is what you want be crazy about it.

shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Vikky014:
Thanks dear.Hope medsurg dnt write maths in postutme

Yes, they do, like 4to5 questions in mathematics.
Believe me they ask simple maths questions.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vikky014(f): 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
Iamemjay:

Yes, they do, like 4to5 questions on mathematics. Believe me they ask simple maths questions.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
Any WhatsApp group for 2019 jamb aspirants for mbbs. If there's any, I'd like to join. Phone number is zero nine zero nine eight zero nine one seven six nine
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
heres my story thats been giving me sleepless nights and depression finished 2017 scored 235 but i was scared my score was low so i changed to biochemistry i wrote jamb dis yr got 241 and was not admitted to pharmacy now am thinking of applying 2019 and a thousand more if am not giving medicine or pharmacy
My love for pharmacy and medicine is endless
I have no joy at all in biochem
Now am having peer pressure against my choices and telling me time is wasting and all that bullshit at first i dnt actually listen but now dey are starting to get to me i turned 17 this yr
And am studying biochem at a university of technology so nothing like changing from one department
I need ur advice
Depression at 17 hmm..
I'll through with my first degree this year and I've already gotten admission into Medicine.
Sometimes, dreams are not achieved on a platter of Gold; sacrifices have to be made.
It now depends on whether you're ready to pay the price.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
Dsplendid:
Am a potential 100 level medical student. I rep (NAU-UNIZIK). Any medical student of the school to help throw more light on what medizik is all about
Welcome to Unizik. Medical student though not medicine.

What info do you need?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Deebliss(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Benjax:
Today, 25th September, 2018 will always be remembered!!!

UNICAL is a goal!
Dentistry is a goal!!
BDS is a goal!!!

It really ended in PRAISE!!!

Thanks to all senior colleagues whose stories and admonitions gave me courage to hope on.

Pals, I've been admitted.

Congratulations.
��

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
aboking:
I so love this especially the last line, really inspiring

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rasmodox101(m): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Unimaid admission list is out..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cardiologist(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
University of ibadan college of medicine cut off
Biochemistry 62.375
Dentistry 70.0
Environmental Health 57.25
Human Nutrition 61.625
Medical Lab Science 69.0
Medicine and Surgery 76.5
Nursing 68.125
Physiology 61.0
Physiotherapy 68.0
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Deebliss:

Congratulations.
��

Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Learson: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2018
I have finally gained admission to study medicine at last after the third attempt. All thanks 2 God

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
Millex:
Congratulations to the newly admitted into medicine and dentistry.... Keep the fire burning...

If you didn't get in dont let it depress you.. Go back to your drawing table, restrategize.... You will make it surely... Many of us here went through the struggle... Some of us are in path and pharm class already some about to graduate... Just keep hitting....

To my chiefs in the journey already... I pray God gives us strength to go on....
To the founding fathers how practice na?
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2018
Dsplendid:
Wow, congrats ooo, I'm abt to enter 200l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dellybanky(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2018
cardiologist:
University of ibadan college of medicine cut off
Biochemistry 62.375
Dentistry 70.0
Environmental Health 57.25
Human Nutrition 61.625
Medical Lab Science 69.0
Medicine and Surgery 76.5
Nursing 68.125
Physiology 61.0
Physiotherapy 68.0

Do you know the ELDS cut off for dentistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrBESTJC(m): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2018
Hello Friends and My bosses here...

This is seriously what I never espected...I have never even given a thought to failure all this while...All my struggles,sleepless nights(studying),prayers,mindset and even the very air I breathe everyday of my preparations were all channelled towards SUCCESS . Imagine,I was so convinced that I will get admission to study MEDICINE this year that I have bought my school bag and some other things.

When my JAMB results were released this year(2018),I was very happy and elated when I saw 303 as my score.I continued to study and prepare for the UI PostUTME with zest.When the results were released, I saw 73 as my PostUTME score and 74.375% as my aggregate score.I was sad and worried because my target score is not less than 90. When I remembered that UI cutoff mark for medicine last year(2017) was 71.88% , I kept my fire of hope burning...but not without serious prayers and fasting.

Now,the cutoff mark for medicine this year has been pegged at 76.5%, and as you can see, I am just like 3 marks away from the cutoff mark.Since yesterday when I saw the cutoff marks,I have not been able to sleep.It is very very painful.

But friends,I am not here to ask you to pity me...no no no....This is my 4th failure since I started to pursue MEDICINE and I have learnt to brace up and struggle harder after each failure,....No matter what people will say..... I am writing this to seek counsel and sincere directions on my next line of action because I believe that a problem shared is half solved.Now,my questions are :

1) Since my score is high enough to get another course, I am thinking of doing a COC to courses that will allow me cross to medicine in year two like biochemistry,human Nutrition and physiology....but I heard that those courses are not advertised on the COC.....Is it true ?

2) What other courses can I go for apart from the aforementioned ones ?

3) If after accepting any other course, can I stay in the university(UI) and write JAMB and PostUTME again in the same UI in 2019? .... Can I abandon my present course then and accept admission to study medicine in the same University of Ibadan?

4) If I should decide not to accept any admission UI will offer me whatsoever(because my passion is seriously tied to medicine), do you think (from experience) that I will be able to study well if I get a job and come back for jamb next year?...The job will take like 8hours of my time everyday.I cannot just stay at home studying for a whole year idle...an besides nobody is willing again to give me any money for anything until I enter school,not even for jamb....because my people have given up on me.

5) Also on the Job issue,I am planning to buy a laptop and an android phone from my savings,but I am thinking of how I can convert it into a good source of income. Please friends,I am alone in the world now... I need to survive. What genuine and profitable online business can I do in my part time to make ends meet ? ......I have heard that students can work online and earn a decent pay,but I don't know much about it.If you are into any one of them,I would like to have your contact...

Please save a soul today.!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

This is seriously what I never espected...I have never even given a thought to failure all this while...All my struggles,sleepless nights(studying),prayers,mindset and even the very air I breathe everyday of my preparations were all channelled towards SUCCESS . Imagine,I was so convinced that I will get admission to study MEDICINE this year that I have bought my school bag and some other things.

When my JAMB results were released this year(2018),I was very happy and elated when I saw 303 as my score.I continued to study and prepare for the UI PostUTME with zest.When the results were released, I saw 73 as my PostUTME score and 74.375% as my aggregate score.I was sad and worried because my target score is not less than 90. When I remembered that UI cutoff mark for medicine last year(2017) was 71.88% , I kept my fire of hope burning...but not without serious prayers and fasting.

Now,the cutoff mark for medicine this year has been pegged at 76.5%, and as you can see, I am just like 3 marks away from the cutoff mark.Since yesterday when I saw the cutoff marks,I have not been able to sleep.It is very very painful.

But friends,I am not here to ask you to pity me...no no no....This is my 4th failure since I started to pursue MEDICINE and I have learnt to brace up and struggle harder after each failure,....No matter what people will say..... I am writing this to seek counsel and sincere directions on my next line of action because I believe that a problem shared is half solved.Now,my questions are :

1) Since my score is high enough to get another course, I am thinking of doing a COC to courses that will allow me cross to medicine in year two like biochemistry,human Nutrition and physiology....but I heard that those courses are not advertised on the COC.....Is it true ?

3) If after accepting any other course, can I stay in the university(UI) and write JAMB and PostUTME again in the same UI in 2019? .... Can I abandon my present course then and accept admission to study medicine in the same University of Ibadan?

4) If I should decide not to accept any admission UI will offer me whatsoever(because my passion is seriously tied to medicine), do you think (from experience) that I will be able to study well if I get a job and come back for jamb next year?...The job will take like 8hours of my time everyday.I cannot just stay at home studying for a whole year idle...an besides nobody is willing again to give me any money for anything until I enter school,not even for jamb....because my people have given up on me.

5) Also on the Job issue,I am planning to buy a laptop and an android phone from my savings,but I am thinking of how I can convert it into a good source of income. Please friends,I am alone in the world now... I need to survive. What genuine and profitable online business can I do in my part time to make ends meet ? ......I have heard that students can work online and earn a decent pay,but I don't know much about it.If you are into any one of them,I would like to have your contact...

. contact me via my signature
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RectusAbdominis(m): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

Wow, I am almost moved to tears.
"You are the sole owner of your life, the driver of your car, every other person is a passenger."
You said something about '4th failure'...do you really believe that? Or you just said it out of distress and pain?
303 is a really big JAMB score for an applicant, but the problem is -students often make the mistake of applying to a HIGHLY 'prestigious' University, failing to realize that those institutions are really competitive. I am not berating you, but I hope you learned your lesson.
1) Now...with your average mark, I think UI will offer you a paramedic course which would require you to switch to MBBS if, you get a nice CGPA (i.e if you accept the course proffered to you).
2) Don't relent, apply another JAMB but this time, be WISE - apply to a less competitive school (try schools in the north).
3). If you decide not to accept the course given to you, you will still write JAMB (insofar you have that zeal to be a medical doctor), give it you best and smash it.
Don't sulk or beat yourself because you "think" you're a failure, don't ever do that. Shake off that superficial guilt and make your dreams proud of the dreamer.
I know A LOT of people who studied Medicine after SO many trials. You ain' t the first, neither would you be the last.
#Salam

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good afternoon Drs. Please, I want to ask this question. The idea of UI offering one the course if one does not meet cutoff but close to is it that real? I had 76.25 aggregate too out of the 76.5 published but I just want to know if I should keep reading or suspend it because I have started immediately I saw the cutoff mark.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
aboking:
wow tnx alot for this
Trust me am crazy about mbbs

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hardebaryor(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
DrAuthentic:
Good afternoon Drs. Please, I want to ask this question. The idea of UI offering one the course if one does not meet cutoff but close to is it that real? I had 76.25 aggregate too out of the 76.5 published but I just want to know if I should keep reading or suspend it because I have started immediately I saw the cutoff mark.
It is most likely that you will be later considered for mbbs so don't worry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.