Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823694 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Win95:
Am a 300L MBBS student about to write my pre qualification exams for my 1st MB. The thread is nice
Whc school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khingtee01(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
dkstv:
Would read fron page 1 till the end, so help me God. I hope it would not take me a month to finish it though
Omo... may God help u shocked cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
Khingtee01:

Omo... may God help u shocked cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
afol4dam:
Which level will one start using stethoscope?.....do dental students use it?
Lmao. Na steth dey shack u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
jayone15:
According 2 d info i got on d net as at april last yr....
1.University of Ibadan
2.University of Lagos
3.University of Maiduguri
4.Obafemi Awolowo Uni.
5.University of Benin
6.University of Ilorin
7.U.N.N. NSUKKA
8.University of P/HARCOURT
9.Lagos state uni
10.A.B.U. ZARIA
Shhhhh!
Glorified schools living on oast glories. Their teaching hospitals are death traps. UPTH especially.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
DrGboy:

i'm into medicine for d pay and other attractive thingscheesy due to pressure 4rm my parents. as for d zeal and passion attached mayb i wuld develop interest later:/ undecided
Hmmmm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
dkstv:

Shhhhh!
Glorified schools living on oast glories. Their teaching hospitals are death traps. UPTH especially.

Jesu shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dkstv: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
Page 18 since. Abeg. I giif up
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by femianski: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
dkstv:

Shhhhh!
But not UCH
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:22am On Oct 12, 2018
dkstv:

Shhhhh!
@bolded... seriously?

some things just shouldn't be said, by a medic no less
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:46am On Oct 12, 2018
Congratulations Optimist1998, welcome to med school bro... it's about time wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Win95: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
dkstv:

Whc school?
Madonna University. That post was like 3yrs ago or so, am in 500L now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phrancis99(m): 4:10am On Oct 13, 2018
Naldogen:

depends on your school. Better you ask your senior colleagues

Ambrose Alli University
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Lagusta:

2go: idris930

Whatsapp: +2347033422401

BBpin: 56439c1d

Twitter: @dr_idris_laguda

Facebook: idrees femi laguda
Just saw u on facebook now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
Win95:
Madonna University. That post was like 3yrs ago or so, am in 500L now
Wow since then. God is your strenght. Hope Father Edeh is now pevel headed and aunty Philo? How much is u guys fees now?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
Donpre:

@bolded... seriously?

some things just shouldn't be said, by a medic no less
Just putting the records straight. Asides theory, many are lacking practically. Not a fault of the students, but fault of the system. When no machines to work with, you improvise and endager patients lives. Many consultants would tell u not to take them to a teaching hospital if they fall sick.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
dkstv:
Page 18 since. Abeg. I giif up
cheesy cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Doctors and Medical Students, Which Nigerian university can one study mbbs in terms of school fees, easy admission, standard of teaching and learning facilities, good medical school, exposure to the use of modern and standard medical equipment, good teaching hospital, more practical-oriented rather than theory-based and recognition? Please give the reasons why you choose (a) particular university(ies). Help a troubled soul. Thanks in advance and God bless.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2018
Eben331:
Doctors and Medical Students, Which Nigerian university can one study mbbs in terms of school fees, easy admission, standard of teaching and learning facilities, good medical school, exposure to the use of modern and standard medical equipment, good teaching hospital, more practical-oriented rather than theory-based and recognition? Please give the reasons why you choose (a) particular university(ies). Help a troubled soul. Thanks in advance and God bless.
I'd advice you forget all of this criteria if you must study in Nigeria. Being good depends largely on your self development not school development. As long the school is accredited, its good for you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hussmanov: 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Alhamdulilah robili alamin.....
I have always anticipated this day to come to pass and by Allah it's here...
After 5 years of trying to get medicine,God has finally done it ....
I believed l would one day make it and here I am staring at the congratulatory message like nothing happened.l want to cry now even when l am meant to be rejoicing...Glory be to God Almighty..
Started writing jamb since 2013 when the so called brain was hotter than fire coming back from one of d best secondary schools in Nigeria FGA,suleja..
2013 .. jamb 221 and 278 oau not admitted
2014 ... Jamb 247 and pume unilorin 66.. admitted to study bio and Ed even though l didn't like d course l was forced to study for 4 yrs , alhamdulilah l still tried my best was close to 1st class but still ended with 2:1 ..when d desired isn't available ,the available becomes desired..
2015 ..jamb 267 ,pume unilorin 68....plant biology..l declined the admission
2016 j amb 318 ....the year where students passed waec in flying colors,UI 's calculating method wasn't favourable still few points below cutoff 0.25 or so...2017 was a busy year for me 300L a break or make level ,l didn't write ..
2018 ...323 and pume unilorin82% ,I was finally admitted..sequel to d admission l had earlier chosen BUK and l was to write an exam in d Eve of my pume exam ,I did night traveling to Kano l still didn't make it l got to BUK by 4 pm and my exam was scheduled for 12 pm......

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hussmanov: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
If you want something like someone said be crazy about it ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2018
Hussmanov:
I believed l would one day make it and here I am staring at the congratulatory message like nothing happened.l want to cry now even when l am meant to be rejoicing...Glory be to God Almighty..
Started writing jamb since 2013 when the so called brain was hotter than fire coming back from one of d best secondary schools in Nigeria FGA,suleja..
2014 ... Jamb 247 and pume unilorin 66.. admitted to study bio and Ed even though l didn't like d course l was forced to study for 4 yrs , alhamdulilah l still tried my best was close to 1st class but still ended with 2:1 ..when d desired isn't available ,the available becomes desired..
2016 j amb 318 ....the year where students passed waec in flying colors,UI 's calculating method wasn't favourable still few points below cutoff 0.25 or so...2017 was a busy year for me 300L a break or make level ,l didn't write ..
2018 ...323 and pume unilorin82% ,I was finally admitted..sequel to d admission l had earlier chosen BUK and l was to write an exam in d Eve of my pume exam ,I did night traveling to Kano l still didn't make it l got to BUK by 4 pm and my exam was scheduled for 12 pm......

Congrants bro! Wish you success!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
Hussmanov:

Congrants bro! Wish you success!

Please I just wanna know the textbooks you used.
Wanna confirm
something

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damilola8775(m): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
You're welcome to better by far bro.
Hussmanov:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
phrancis99:
To start reading Anatomy, which should I go for
Moore's or Chaurasia's
Since you're a beginner, go for the latter. Everything is outlined. It will really help you...even though I used the both.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2018
dkstvv:

Just putting the records straight. Asides theory, many are lacking practically. Not a fault of the students, but fault of the system. When no machines to work with, you improvise and endager patients lives. Many consultants would tell u not to take them to a teaching hospital if they fall sick.
I have to agree with you that the system is flawed and grossly mismanaged, but calling them 'death traps' is way too extreme a description. Makes it seems like no one come out of there alive. But then, my actual reason for replying your post was the "especially UPTH" could you explain that?

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tweetyyy: 3:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Hey People my story is confusing me. My mother wants me to study medicine by all cause and i know that medicine is for the 'wizkhids' i know my capacity and i am scared that i might not be able to meet up. I want to study microbiology, even if i still have to study medicine i would like to know the cut off mark for JAMB and PUME for UNN. I want to write JAMB next year i want an advice on what to do or study #confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Amiru2018:
Glory be to God. I have been offered admission to study medicine and surgery (MBBS) in the college of health sciences, Bayero university Kano (BUK)
Congratulations i tap into ur blessings too o

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2018
Donpre:

I have to agree with you that the system is flawed and grossly mismanaged, but calling them 'death traps' is way too extreme a description. Makes it seems like no one come out of there alive. But then, my actual reason for replying your post was the "especially UPTH" could you explain that?
yea yea.

Heard too many bad reports from oatients. From nurses selling corpses, to leaving patiebts to die and all sorts. Evryone just transfering aggression. Some bad news abt dem made front page

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2018
femianski:

But not UCH
A consultant in UCH once told his children never ever to take him to UCH if he fall sick.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2018
Tweetyyy:
Hey People my story is confusing me. My mother wants me to study medicine by all cause and i know that medicine is for the 'wizkhids' i know my capacity and i am scared that i might not be able to meet up. I want to study microbiology, even if i still have to study medicine i would like to know the cut off mark for JAMB and PUME for UNN. I want to write JAMB next year i want an advice on what to do or study #confused
U dont have to be brilliant to study melecine. Just be average but study hard nd daily, u would be a medical doc. But if u r very brilliant but not dedicated with studying, yoy would be flushed out in no time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Dawson126, lenghtinny(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.