Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1831996 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SufferHeadAjebo: 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2018
Dvd4:
Your school of preference is a very significant factor.
What are your preference, lets help advise you?
Bro. My Preference is UNIMAID I have been applying there for all my jamb and my state is Bauchi which is catchment there.... I don't know, I don't know. Please advice me in the best way
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OBGEE: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2018
SufferHeadAjebo:

Bro. My Preference is UNIMAID I have been applying there for all my jamb and my state is Bauchi which is catchment there.... I don't know, I don't know. Please advice me in the best way
Godfatherism and indigen palaver is to the brim in unimaid. Unless you can make 300+ then you can get mbbs on merit.
Is God's favour one needs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dedekc: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Senior co
Please can one survive medical skul without knowing how to draw?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2018
SufferHeadAjebo:
Seeing People celebrate getting MBBS is so depressing for me right now!!
Not that I don't wish anyone well right now
I do and I congratulate everyone of you right now
Is just that I am just frustrated by my situation
I have been chasing MBBS since 2014 though my score in 2014 2015 were Low. But Since 2016 I have scored 255, 278 and this year 287 but still no admission. Is so frustrating. Most of my secondary school mates are already serving and I am yet to see the four wall of lecture hall in university till probably next year...
Guys please help me with tips to get that 300+ everyone have been talking about
I need it
I am Just Confused and depressed right now..
Hope you guys understood my post
COMGRATS TO ALL THE MEDIC. THAT WERE GIVEN THE COURSE OF THEIR DREAMS !!!
GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH!!!

Baba, I think you need to move on o. I had 281, 278 and this year 330 in utme and 70 in putme yet no admission. But I'm moving on, so find reason to trudge on. We go dey aiit joor.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vikkeee(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
Iamemjay:

See my course mate.
Congratulations bro mi.
BUK rocks. grin

joseph??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
SufferHeadAjebo:

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Dedekc:
Senior co

This is a question of germane foundation grin
Seniors abeg.. will we be drawing during dissection?? angry

Pls say no embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
Dedekc:
Senior co
CAPITAL YES!
But it would be a plus, especially in anatomy courses.
FOR EXAMPLE, WRITE ON THE GROSS ANATOMY OF THE ANTERIOR MEDIASTINUM
Drawing is the first thing you put down before introduction. It wont make you fail as long as you can draw something that looks like it, noting the importanf aspect.
For me drawing is not my problem, I could clone what FRANK NETTER drew in his ATLAS, and that makes Anatomy much easier for me to remember as I often try to draw then before exams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ksudr:

You will have to work hard. MBBS isn't easy anywhere now. With 280+ in jamb u can get MBBS in Unimaid without any God father. And when you come you will really like the school. Got in this year with 310. Wish you all the best.
Boniface?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wuyiseducon(m): 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
This is what makes this information vital to all admission seekers as many applicants when they were trying to make sure they uploaded all their subjects have uploaded subjects in which they didn’t have at least a C, to go against JAMB’s instruction to them on uploading only the subjects they passed at credit level. So, if you uploaded any grade lesser than a C to JAMB’s website, please go back to the CBT center and make amends. If you do not need the subject in your 5 required subjects core to the course you have applied to, please go and remove it! It won’t let your results visible to the admission officer who will upload your admission status, hence you will be perceived as not qualified for the admission offer. But if you need the subject in the 5 required subjects core to the course you have applied to, you will have to take some chances here. You will still have to go and change the grade you have in such subject to a C and wait for what happens when you are offered admission and you are asked to undergo the credentials screening in your school. The school could change your admission offer to another department that does not necessarily require such subject. What matters is gaining the admission first. When you have been offered admission, you can change to another course if your papers don’t qualify you for the course you are initially offered admission to. Please act on this information fast. Click on this link to read the whole write-up >>> https://wuyisblog..com/2018/10/vital-information-for-all-utme.html

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by rasaquadri: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
DrAuthentic:

Baba, I think you need to move on o. I had 281, 278 and this year 330 in utme and 70 in putme yet no admission. But I'm moving on, so find reason to trudge on. We go dey aiit joor.
which school is that?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SufferHeadAjebo: 1:35am On Oct 25, 2018
OBGEE:

Godfatherism and indigen palaver is to the brim in unimaid. Unless you can make 300+ then you can get mbbs on merit.
Is God's favour one needs.
thanks for concern brother. Please do you have any strategy on getting this 300+ you speak of ??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SufferHeadAjebo: 1:39am On Oct 25, 2018
Ksudr:

You will have to work hard. MBBS isn't easy anywhere now. With 280+ in jamb u can get MBBS in Unimaid without any God father. And when you come you will really like the school. Got in this year with 310. Wish you all the best.
Happy for you brother. Since you are in the School can I get your contact in any way ?? And also What was your strategy to get 310. Can you please Search. So I can adopt ..Thanks for the Concern overall !
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 25, 2018
vikkeee:

joseph??
No
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2018
Tatarison:
Boniface?
Nop, Shadrach.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 8:19am On Oct 25, 2018
SufferHeadAjebo:
Happy for you brother. Since you are in the School can I get your contact in any way ?? And also What was your strategy to get 310. Can you please Search. So I can adopt ..Thanks for the Concern overall !
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oxladexo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
DoctorRo:
seconded!with the tips to score 300+,I really need it,tested and proven ways to score 300+,Abeg seniors,make una help me,though my scores have progressively increased from 194-240-270,I need to hit it this time,biko

I'm willing to help. Text me on whatsapp. 0-7-0-8-9-8-2-7-9-6-4
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Umarlawal(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
extrovertAishat:

what's the school admission criteria,how is there aggregate calculated?
The creteria is that when your Aggregate meets the merit cut of mark you will be admitted irrespective of your state of origin.
With regards to how they calculate their aggreagate is simple their post utme is 400 marks what ever your score add with your JAMB score and divide by 2 for example mine was JAMB 288 POST UTME 328 Aggregate 308 Here is my phone number for more clarification 08062775807 sorry for my late reply Busy preparing for my MB 1 coming up december
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OAUupdates: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
If you like to join the OAU Aspirants Whatsapp group to be connected to other OAU aspirants, click on this link https:///LEWWXppkuHU3owe94jius8
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
rasaquadri:
which school is that?
UI Ibadan
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwumexes: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
please brothers, I need past questions on pharmacology to enable me prepare for a test. Madonna students please help a brother . Dr. Amazu
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DoctorRo(f): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
oxladexo:

I'm willing to help. Text me on whatsapp. 0-7-0-8-9-8-2-7-9-6-4
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
DrAuthentic:

UI Ibadan
I'll advice you come to the undergraduate admission and show interest in courses like Physiology or Biochemistry.

Please do that asap.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tony142: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
SufferHeadAjebo:

the textbooks u used to prepare 4 d exams matters, if u did not use d right textbk no matter how u study, u will not score up to ur expectation

which textbks do u use?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 8:03am On Oct 26, 2018
DrAuthentic:

applied twice nw
235 first o was given biochemistry
Now 241 no admission
By Gods grace come 2019 am sure we will be here sharing our testimonies as the newest intakes of mbbs
#,2k19
#team 300+
#usman dan fodio university sokoto
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Godsfavour78: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2018
DrAuthentic:

UI Ibadan
ui doesn't consider jamb score when giving admission mainly putme. It seems a lot of peeps got 80+ in the putme. Not a medical aspirant just came across this comment by chance. You should have known these all this years. And UI has a relatively fair admission process. So sorry to say sir 70 in the putme was not good enough.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oxladexo(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2018
DoctorRo:
Thanks a lot
uwc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chinikes: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2018
Godsfavour78:
ui doesn't consider jamb score when giving admission mainly putme. It seems a lot of peeps got 80+ in the putme. Not a medical aspirant just came across this comment by chance. You should have known these all this years. And UI has a relatively fair admission process. So sorry to say sir 70 in the putme was not good enough.
ui considers both putme and utme score.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Godsfavour78: 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
chinikes:
ui considers both putme and utme score.
I don't write for writing sakes. Go find out.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fidelium7(m): 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
Godsfavour78:
It's not true sir. UI calculate aggregate like this
(Jamb score ÷ eight )+(PUME ÷ two)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
Godsfavour78:
UI started using both since last year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hussmanov:
Alhamdulilah robili alamin.....
I have always anticipated this day to come to pass and by Allah it's here...
After 5 years of trying to get medicine,God has finally done it ....
I believed l would one day make it and here I am staring at the congratulatory message like nothing happened.l want to cry now even when l am meant to be rejoicing...Glory be to God Almighty..

Started writing jamb since 2013 when the so called brain was hotter than fire coming back from one of d best secondary schools in Nigeria FGA,suleja..
2013 .. jamb 221 and 278 oau not admitted
2014 ... Jamb 247 and pume unilorin 66.. admitted to study bio and Ed even though l didn't like d course l was forced to study for 4 yrs , alhamdulilah l still tried my best was close to 1st class but still ended with 2:1 ..when d desired isn't available ,the available becomes desired..
2015 ..jamb 267 ,pume unilorin 68....plant biology..l declined the admission
2016 j amb 318 ....the year where students passed waec in flying colors,UI 's calculating method wasn't favourable still few points below cutoff 0.25 or so...2017 was a busy year for me 300L a break or make level ,l didn't write ..
2018 ...323 and pume unilorin82% ,I was finally admitted..sequel to d admission l had earlier chosen BUK and l was to write an exam in d Eve of my pume exam ,I did night traveling to Kano l still didn't make it l got to BUK by 4 pm and my exam was scheduled for 12 pm......

Mennnn!!! You've really got patience bro. Welcome to da family. I can tell the feeling..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.