Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823796 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2019
donaldking10:

to be frank with you, 241 can't get u a competitive course like MBBS in any Nigerian university. you needed to score at least 270 to have stood a chance. I'll advice you to do a change of course to a lesser course like med'lab, anatomy or Physiology before it's too late.
Your perspective I guess.
Even in top federal universities he stands a chance only if he can clear doubts by doing exceedingly well in their post utme

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by exynos(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

Bro I dey o . . . I'm tired of asking questions so I'll just lay low and wait for PUTME
Ok! best regards

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by raje914(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2019
Pls medics, do any one knows about kogi state both the state university and the federal university if they are offering medicine.. I scored 292 in my previous jamb but I was given soil science to study... I went to lodge complain to the provost of the college and he told me outright that its mainly for indigine of the state (Bauchi)... I really want to this course but I'm considering going to my state (kogi) if medicine is now for only the indigine of the state.... I might also be considered in my state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
Tatarison:
Your perspective I guess.
Even in top federal universities he stands a chance only if he can clear doubts by doing exceedingly well in their post utme

Do u know of anyone in a federal university who got into MBBS with a jamb score less than 250?
show me the person.

mtcheeeeeeeew.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donwyz(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
donaldking10:

Do u know of anyone in a federal university who got into MBBS with a jamb score less than 250?
show me the person.

mtcheeeeeeeew.
ah ah bros no talk like this na....I know plenty of them. Some and are even my friends. I mean close friends.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrCommy: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hello Medics in the house.... I want to know, is there any other fees that medical students pay in school that is different from normal school fees and dues?
If yes please I really need a list of such fees.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
donaldking10:

show me the person.

mtcheeeeeeeew.
It happens. I have a classmates with that kind of score
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
Abcruz:

Cheer up bro. I got in with that same score by the grace of God alone. You too can do it!
You mean you got admitted to medicine with that same score? Which school are you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
raje914:
Pls medics, do any one knows about kogi state both the state university and the federal university if they are offering medicine.. I scored 292 in my previous jamb but I was given soil science to study... I went to lodge complain to the provost of the college and he told me outright that its mainly for indigine of the state (Bauchi)... I really want to this course but I'm considering going to my state (kogi) if medicine is now for only the indigine of the state.... I might also be considered in my state
I don't think medicine is accredited there. What's ur jamb score this year to knw how to advise you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LMDyaya(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hello
About catchment area , can someone from north east be given MBBS admission in a northwest university ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
donaldking10:

show me the person.

mtcheeeeeeeew.
Musty001 on this forum got into Abu Zaria with 207 as JAMB score.
Aliandro on this forum got into Unilag MBBS with 233.
Without connection, they both did well in post utme.
Musty had 312 or so in post utme.
Aliandro had 75% or so in post utme.
You're welcome to read their posts...
Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2019
Abcruz:

Cheer up bro. I got in with that same score by the grace of God alone. You too can do it!
Abcruz what school? and what year? and what did you score in post utme?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:35am On Jun 26, 2019
Tatarison:
Shalom!

without connections?
were u there with them?
i seriously don't believe their lies.
smh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:36am On Jun 26, 2019
Donwyz:
ah ah bros no talk like this na....I know plenty of them. Some and are even my friends. I mean close friends.

i know a lot too in my school, but they all used connection.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:37am On Jun 26, 2019
Brukx:

It happens. I have a classmates with that kind of score

i know a lot too in my school with that kinda score, but they all used connection.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ajibade123(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2019
Are you a University aspirant willing to be in the medical field.... check out these careers you can pursue in the medical field
https://explicitsuccess.com/types-of-careers-in-medicine/
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 9:29am On Jun 26, 2019
donaldking10:

without connections?
were u there with them?
i seriously don't believe their lies.
smh.
Cc: aliandro
Cc: musty001
Please come and clear doubts if you're less busy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abkreizi: 10:31am On Jun 26, 2019
I am an 18 year old boy from Benue state I scored 266 in jamb....
My Waec is as follows
Maths b3
English b3
Chemistry c4
Biology c5
Physics b3

What university can you guys recommend to me...
My parents are pushing for jos buty friends are saying Jos is slow
Please advise me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abkreizi:
I am an 18 year old boy from Benue state I scored 266 in jamb....
My Waec is as follows
Maths b3
English b3
Chemistry c4
Biology c5
Physics b3

What university can you guys recommend to me...
My parents are pushing for jos buty friends are saying Jos is slow
Please advise me

I don't know a lot but I have to say UJ is truly somewhat slow...
They should be conducting their first semester examinations in about 5-6 weeks...
And certain school like UniMaid and UNN etc are already in their 2nd semester
So you'll probably resume early next year if you're given admission!
Right about the same time UNN will be conducting their first semester exams for this years jambites who may also get admission alongside you so..
And most times their admission process gets a bit funny such that it no longer becomes merited but somewhat random if not by "connections"
I'm also from Benue state
"Otukpo"
Sometime in 2016 249 in jamb got me nothing in that school
And then you get to seen people with 233 being given nursing or other courses

Everything at the end basically comes down to how much you're willing to risk...

If you're looking to change though
With your score
I would suggest maybe ABU (if you can murder their post utme)
BUK(also if you can do well in the post utme)
Or maybe UniMaid which is exceptionally fast with a great MBBS squad...(no post utme though) Which may also be where I end up

If its just your parents pushing you and you have no love for the school explain things to them
Sit and think and make an informed decision (after loads of research obviously) on an institution and quickly change if you want to too before they start post utmes
Good luck

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abkreizi: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
EdOgah:

I don't know a lot but I have to say UJ is truly somewhat slow...
They should be conducting their first semester examinations in about 5-6 weeks...
And certain school like UniMaid and UNN etc are already in their 2nd semester
So you'll probably resume early next year if you're given admission!
Right about the same time UNN will be conducting their first semester exams for this years jambites who may also get admission alongside you so..
And most times their admission process gets a bit funny such that it no longer becomes merited but somewhat random if not by "connections"
I'm also from Benue state
"Otukpo"
Sometime in 2016 249 in jamb got me nothing in that school
And then you get to seen people with 233 being given nursing or other courses

Everything at the end basically comes down to how much you're willing to risk...

If you're looking to change though
With your score
I would suggest maybe ABU (if you can murder their post utme)
BUK(also if you can do well in the post utme)
Or maybe UniMaid which is exceptionally fast with a great MBBS squad...(no post utme though) Which may also be where I end up

If its just your parents pushing you and you have no love for the school explain things to them
Sit and think and make an informed decision (after loads of research obviously) on an institution and quickly change if you want to too before they start post utmes
Good luck

Thank you very much. I brought up unijos's pace with my parents this morning and they flared up.

UniMaid is a good school so I've heard but what about insecurity in the far north.

But in all thank you for your advise.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
Do you know Type 2 diabetes can be reversed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good day medics
I was going to ask
If a university starts their post utme process
Is it still feasible to change to that same uni early on?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Justice102: 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
chukwukapromise:

208 in jamb Is Something Most people would Throw a party for should they score up to that.. But For Medical aspirants, They don't belong to that 'Most people' clan...

You're Need combo is Kina Next to Impossible, With 208 and A public university in sight, You'll just be Trying To Push your luck off its carrying capacity.....

The best pick is to Either Gamble your chances in A state university, Or Secure An Admission by Doing change of course..

Or better still you can enroll in a public university pre-med or predegree program Or you Apply for A-level program.. The choices are left for you to buy.
Can someone with 204 as his jamb score gain admission in unizik to study Med Lab Science?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:47am On Jun 27, 2019
charleymed:
Do you know Type 2 diabetes can be reversed
Tell us more, Sir.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FreshMd: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2019
Hi. Does anyone know what the mbbs program in Bowen university is like? Any information would be appreciated.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tatarison:
Cc: aliandro Cc: musty001 Please come and clear doubts if you're less busy.
Still waiting.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2019
Tatarison:
Shalom!

wonderful . . . But fishy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by juniour4u(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2019
pls help guys I want to do unilorin post ume on July 27. and I I don't know how to go about with my reading. and I really need to get 70+ . pls any help with website, pdf or textbook or area of concentration that I will use to prepare my self for the exam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurex01(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2019
juniour4u:
pls help guys I want to do unilorin post ume on July 27. and I I don't know how to go about with my reading. and I really need to get 70+ . pls any help with website, pdf or textbook or area of concentration that I will use to prepare my self for the exam
just know concords, antonyms, synonyms, Current affairs and little calculations. I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

wonderful . . . But fishy

thank you.
i was thinking am the only reasonable person here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LMDyaya(m): 12:52am On Jun 29, 2019
donaldking10:

thank you.

i was thinking am the only reasonable person here.
Surprisingly MBBS cut off mark for federal university dutse in jigawa is 210! ,What can you say on this?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:55am On Jun 29, 2019
They are here again.
I wish all of you success as u get into the medical profession this year.

Remember, it is not just getting admitted, buh passing ur MB is koko. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.