Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836551 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 8:04am On Jul 01, 2019
horpeyemmi66:

In a bid not to be unnecessarily superfluous, here's what I feel:

You don't want to even attempt what you're thinking out loud apparently. It's better in your head, where for your good, I advise it remains.

This is funny. Just negodu

Ps: This isn't an attempt to discourage you. Obviously, you don't know what this entails. Being under a lecture of Anatomy and the lecturer flips through 50 slides in 30 mins or less and this guy has about 150 more to go.

Talk less about having to crash read for a Physiology test whose format is German and True/False. For which every wrong answer results in - 1 not 0.

On the contrary, many people do it. Many have done it. Med students from Delta can testify.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oladele2393(m): 8:54am On Jul 01, 2019
As we all know the process as began for the admission of new students into the University(Ambrose Alli university) the school pume is out for new jambite and Direct entry students, so kindly go to get your form before it's too late.
Eligible students with jamb score above 180 can apply for any courses including medical courses. I'm definitely a living testimony I got my admission into medicine and surgery with just 204 in JAMB and if you have any questions as regards the application form you can join the what's app group also for aspirant.... https:///FpyLNgOsHjMKFORlckmFMH
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 9:04am On Jul 01, 2019
Oladele2393:
As we all know the process as began for the admission of new students into the University(Ambrose Alli university) the school pume is out for new jambite and Direct entry students, so kindly go to get your form before it's too late.
Eligible students with jamb score above 180 can apply for any courses including medical courses. I'm definitely a living testimony I got my admission with just 204 in JAMB and if you have any questions as regards the application form you can join the what's app group also for aspirant....
https:///FpyLNgOsHjMKFORlckmFMH
You had connection?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oladele2393(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2019
Tatarison:
You had connection?
i only perform well in my post utme exam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 9:31am On Jul 01, 2019
Oladele2393:
Well, some people here don't believe one can get admission without connection with a low JAMB score.
I've been trying to explain how possible it is, but some people just don't believe it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
Oladele2393:

nigga u are a fvcking liar.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oladele2393(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
donaldking10:

nigga u are a fvcking liar.
u know nothing bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ololadeking(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
Unilorin Post UTME UPDATE
Have a candidate preparing for unilorin's post-ume Test? Here's an opportunity for them to have a feel of what the test looks like.

KWARENT MEDIA PRESENTS
Unilorin Post UTME / Post Jamb Simulator
✅ Answer 50 questions in 20mins
✅ Take test up to 5 times for a one-time payment of N200
✅ Know how fit you are for the test
✅ Visit www.kwarent.com/postume.php for more details
© KWARENT MEDIA

Call/Whatsapp:
Ray-09080699973 Westminster-08143918267
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SkengRay: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
FreshMd:
Hi. Does anyone know what the mbbs program in Bowen university is like? Any information would be appreciated.
What would you like to know bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
Oladele2393:
u know nothing bro

204, M.B.B.S in nigeria?.
who u trying 2 lie to?.
people with 250 are not even qualified to get'in in my school.
my cousin couldn't even get'in with 280 in U.N.N.
who are u trying to lie to?.
u've still not told us d truth wat u did.
204 that can't even get someone microbiology in my school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FreshMd: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
SkengRay:
What would you like to know bro
Mostly the curriculum. And the intercalated program
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SkengRay: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
FreshMd:

Mostly the curriculum. And the intercalated program
Here in bowen university, they finish anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in 300l. Then there's 400l intercalated( they pick either of physiology or anatomy or biochemistry to finish like normal B.SC students. They do their project work and get a degree in whichever they pick). Then 400l Mbbs when they start immunology, microbiology, pathology...they write their first mb at the end of 400l first semester. Then they move to the teaching hospital(buth) in 400l second semester.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
donaldking10:

who u trying 2 lie to?.
Boss Careful with your words,although MBBS admission is competitive in most universities it is possible to get admitted with low scores without connection. ELDS someone from zamfara with 207 will get MBBS in UNN if he is the highest from zamfara. Most times zero applicant from zamfara apply for MBBS in UNN. This option is now commonly used by a lot of Igbo's applicants aspiring for competitive courses like pharmacy, law, medicine,dentistry. You see a lot of aspirants with full Igbo names with state of origin like zamfara,gombe,jigawa and others gunning for competitive courses in UNN all in the name of a lower cut off through ELDS.
The guy who are arguing with might have been admitted through ELDS despite having a low utme score. You never know.

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
Brukx:

On the contrary, many people do it. Many have done it. Med students from Delta can testify.
Everyman to his tent...my opinion isn't the hallmark of opinions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
Oladele2393:
Your claims are phony. You're even using the wrong Tense.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2019
Just shut it.
We've heard enough! Agreed that you did not believe him but you don't need to come tell us your cousin's score and stuffs about your sch & mcb.
Everyone knows that MBBS is hell ya competitive and there are two sides to every story which means you either believe it or not.
Truth be told people still gain admission for MBBS with low jamb score.. I don't need to start quoting peeps or giving you scenarios. And if you think they all worked their way through - that's your own basket of rotten tomatoes. Deal with it.
donaldking10:

who u trying 2 lie to?.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
CentiLion:

Boss Careful with your words,although MBBS admission is competitive in most universities it is possible to get admitted with low scores without connection. ELDS someone from zamfara with 207 will get MBBS in UNN if he is the highest from zamfara. Most times zero applicant from zamfara apply for MBBS in UNN. This option is now commonly used by a lot of Igbo's applicants aspiring for competitive courses like pharmacy, law, medicine,dentistry. You see a lot of aspirants with full Igbo names with state of origin like zamfara,gombe,jigawa and others gunning for competitive courses in UNN all in the name of a lower cut off through ELDS.
The guy who are arguing with might have been admitted through ELDS despite having a low utme score. You never know.

You're so damm right... We have peeps like that everywhere! 3 strong Igbo names from Sokoto.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FreshMd: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
SkengRay:
Here in bowen university, they finish anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in 300l. Then there's 400l intercalated( they pick either of physiology or anatomy or biochemistry to finish like normal B.SC students. They do their project work and get a degree in whichever they pick). Then 400l Mbbs when they start immunology, microbiology, pathology...they write their first mb at the end of 400l first semester. Then they move to the teaching hospital(buth) in 400l second semester.
Oh okay. So is the intercalated program compulsory or optional?. And can you also give the courses offered for the first three years? How is the learning environment generally?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prominentp(m): 3:00am On Jul 02, 2019
Good day doctors, medical students and aspirants.
Please I need serious advise. I'm confused.
I'm already an undergraduate in a federal university. I was offered a course under life sciences but I wrote jamb again this year because honestly there's this burning passion inside of me to study medicine. Any time I see medical students, there's always the joy I have inside of me. I'm always happy when I see them. I just cannot contain the desire to be one.
Well, back to my story. Unlucky for me, I scored 287 in the jamb. A very poor score I must say but I still thank God because of the rate of failure this year. I chose Delsu(Delta state university) we my first choice but I my mind is telling me to change my school, maybe because of how Delsu conducts their post utme(really difficult aptitude test questions). I was considering AAU(Ambrose Ali University) because they don't conduct post utme over there. The issue is the school fees over there is too much so I am kind of discouraged.
Please, I need advise from mature minds here. What school will u suggest for me??... Should I leave it in Delsu and try to perform well in the post utme??... Is there any school that doesn't conduct post utme that the school fees isn't much??.... Please, someone should just advise me. I'm losing my mind
NB. I have a fairly sound waec result.
Bio A1
Chem B2
Phy C5
Eng B3
Maths B3.
I'll appreciate any advice. Insults are allowed. I just need to hear the truth.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2019
EdOgah:

So you're a medical student in the school presently?
Yes, I'm.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 10:57am On Jul 02, 2019
Prominentp:
Good day doctors, medical students and aspirants.
Please I need serious advise. I'm confused.
I'm already an undergraduate in a federal university. I was offered a course under life sciences but I wrote jamb again this year because honestly there's this burning passion inside of me to study medicine. Any time I see medical students, there's always the joy I have inside of me. I'm always happy when I see them. I just cannot contain the desire to be one.
Well, back to my story. Unlucky for me, I scored 287 in the jamb. A very poor score I must say but I still thank God because of the rate of failure this year. I chose Delsu(Delta state university) we my first choice but I my mind is telling me to change my school, maybe because of how Delsu conducts their post utme(really difficult aptitude test questions). I was considering AAU(Ambrose Ali University) because they don't conduct post utme over there. The issue is the school fees over there is too much so I am kind of discouraged.
Please, I need advise from mature minds here. What school will u suggest for me??... Should I leave it in Delsu and try to perform well in the post utme??... Is there any school that doesn't conduct post utme that the school fees isn't much??.... Please, someone should just advise me. I'm losing my mind
NB. I have a fairly sound waec result.
Bio A1
Chem B2
Phy C5
Eng B3
Maths B3.
I'll appreciate any advice. Insults are allowed. I just need to hear the truth.

Unimaid, Uniuyo, Unijos don't conduct post UTME test and their school fees are cheap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
CentiLion:

RUBBISH.
No matter how dumb students in Zamfara are, their best students am sure would score higher than 250.
or u trying to tell me everyone in Zamfara state is so dumb that they can't score upto that?
are there no good private secondary schools in Zamfara?
wat rubbish are u blabbing.
even Elds states have cut'off.
U.N.N accepts nothing less than 250 for their Elds applying for MBBS, make your research well and stop defending a crook.
Plus it doesn't even matter if it's only one person applying from Zamfara because is not done by state, it's done by zone.
Mostly states in the northern zone, and they have a lot of states with a lot of applicants with high scores too.
So 204 is wayyy toooooo low even for Elds.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
OloladeWrites:
Just shut it.
We've heard enough! Agreed that you did not believe him but you don't need to come tell us your cousin's score and stuffs about your sch & mcb.
Everyone knows that MBBS is hell ya competitive and there are two sides to every story which means you either believe it or not.
Truth be told people still gain admission for MBBS with low jamb score.. I don't need to start quoting peeps or giving you scenarios. And if you think they all worked their way through - that's your own basket of rotten tomatoes. Deal with it.

Well that's the truth, anyone with dat kinda score studying MBBS definitely worked their way through.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
horpeyemmi66:

Your claims are phony. You're even using the wrong Tense.

Very very phony claims indeed.
gone through his posts, and the nigga doesn't even know how to type in proper English.
thank God there's another reasonable person here reasoning along with me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
donaldking10:

Very very phony claims indeed, the nigga doesn't even know how to speak proper English.
thank God there's another reasonable person here reasoning along with me.
Wow!!! I never knew words could be heard in this forum

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Period007(m): 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
donaldking10:

RUBBISH.
No matter how dumb students in Zamfara are, their best students am sure would score higher than 250.
or u trying to tell me everyone in Zamfara state is so dumb that they can't score upto that?
U.N.N accepts nothing less than 250 for their Elds applying for MBBS, make your research well and stop defending a crook.
Plus it doesn't even matter if it's only one person applying from Zamfara because is not done by state, it's done by zone.
Mostly states in the northern zone, and they have a lot of states with a lot of applicants with high scores too.
Stop typing rubbish, Everything the guy said is but the truth.NOTE! I am a unn trained Pharmacist
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
OloladeWrites:

You're so damm right... We have peeps like that everywhere! 3 strong Igbo names from Sokoto.

see how u are even implicating yourself further.
and don't you think that would even make competition for places in the Elds slot tougher for someone with 204 in jamb?
use your head.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Period007:

Stop typing rubbish, Everything the guy said is but the truth.NOTE! I am a unn trained Pharmacist

and where's this one coming from?
What's your point?
what point have u made to backup ur claim?
abeg shift 1 side let pple with reasonable points tawk.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOMINO001: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
donaldking10:

RUBBISH.

Before you doubt him, first ask yourself why will someone from zamfara state get into unity school with a score of 2 while someone with 100+ from imo state will not. Nothing is impossible with the kind of arrangement we have in Nigeria. Let me give you a real life example. A student from Edo state got aggregate of 68 put dentistry. He was not given. Someone from ebony I state got 56 aggregate, he was given. This was 2013/2014 session. Someone with 204 can get admission into MBBS as long as the school allowed him to write putme. I have seen somebody that scored 90% in putme. But then, your choice to disagree does not invalidate someone's view.

The picture is just to show you that anything can happen

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donaldking10: 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
DOMINO001:

Before you doubt him, first ask yourself why will someone from zamfara state get into unity school with a score of 2 while someone with 100+ from imo state will not. Nothing is impossible with the kind of arrangement we have in Nigeria. Let me give you a real life example. A student from Edo state got aggregate of 68 put dentistry. He was not given. Someone from ebony I state got 56 aggregate, he was given. This was 2013/2014 session. Someone with 204 can get admission into MBBS as long as the school allowed him to write putme. I have seen somebody that scored 90% in putme. But then, your choice to disagree does not invalidate someone's view.

The picture is just to show you that anything can happen

Please we are talking about universities here, not secondary or primary schools.
and moreover what were the jamb scores of the Edo and Ebonyi guys?.
Your analysis is incomplete and lacking sense.
Plus you are yet to see anybody with 204 get into MBBS in any Nigerian university.
point one out for me if u have.
Am not saying it's not possible in Nigeria, but if such a thing happens connection was definitely involved.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iboyx: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
donaldking10:

Please we are talking about universities here, not secondary or primary schools.
and moreover what were the jamb scores of the Edo and Ebonyi guys?.
Your analysis is incomplete and lacking sense.
Plus you are yet to see anybody with 204 get into MBBS in any Nigerian university.
point one out for me if u have.
Am not saying it's not possible in Nigeria, but if such a thing happens connection was definitely involved.
Bros i have seen someone with 184 in jamb who is in a fedral university studying medicine

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.