Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832459 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingdomofbaby: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
I am preparing for NEET 2019...And I am 1000% sure that I will surely become a Doctor.✌..Thanks for motivating me.
[url]https://www.kingdomofbaby.com/the-benefits-of-swaddling-your-baby/ The Benefits of Swaddling Your Baby[/url]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
kingdomofbaby:
I am preparing for NEET 2019...And I am 1000% sure that I will surely become a Doctor.✌..Thanks for motivating me.
[url]https://www.kingdomofbaby.com/the-benefits-of-swaddling-your-baby/ The Benefits of Swaddling Your Baby[/url]
You want to study MBBS in India?
Are you going to AIIMS Delhi?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MTAIYEM: 12:50am On Jul 11, 2019
drdrei09:
Everyone here should create some time to congratulate me please.
Our preclinical 2 result was released yesterday and I passed cheesy
By God's grace, I'm now a clinical 1 student wink ...
Glory be to God smiley

I am back!

Glory be to GOD! our result was released yesterday! Guess what? I passed!
I am also a clinical 1 student through God's grace!

Thank GOD for me all!

12 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 11, 2019
donaldking10:

Fortune Teller.
Soothsayer.
I hail thee.
To each his own.
Goodluck my man.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicmed1(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2019
MTAIYEM:

I am back!

Thank GOD for me all!

Congrats Cheif.
Which school?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thefantaboy: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2019
*PLEASE* DOES BINGHAM UNIVERSITY ACCEPT Bsc in Microbiology for D.E in MBBS? Any student from Bingham here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drdrei09: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
MTAIYEM:

I am back!

Thank GOD for me all!
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Win95: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Can someone please explain the effects or clinical manifestations of congenital adrenal hyperplasia?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ayomide98: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
Olajumoke11:
Good day fellow medical students
I would like to ask a question...
I have a first degree in physiology from Olabisi Onabanjo Uni with 2:1. My O’level result is below;
Maths B3
Eng B3
Chem C4
Bio C5
Phy C5
I actually applied to OAU due to low tuition fee but now im thinking of switching to another Uni because I don’t want to gamble/lose with my admission this year.
Do you think I have a chance in OAU? If OAU is not visible, which other fed uni can I choose putting my o’level and 1st degree result into consideration?
Don’t tell me to switch to OOU because I know that my chances of gaining admission into OOU for MBBS is very high considering the post utme exams that will be done and the fact that it’s my alma mater but the tuition fee is something else(200k+).

Am also in the same shoe you are, pls can I have your whatsapp contact, so we can talk better
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Please, this is the period i need ur help here dear seniors.

Where should on work on more in metab n how do i go about it??
Since i've been hearing stories of this dreaded course.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MTAIYEM: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2019
drdrei09:
Congrats bro

Thanks bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MTAIYEM: 12:38am On Jul 12, 2019
vicmed1:

Congrats Cheif.
Which school?

Thanks

University of Maiduguri .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thefantaboy: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Thefantaboy:
*PLEASE* DOES BINGHAM UNIVERSITY ACCEPT Bsc in Microbiology for D.E in MBBS? Any student from Bingham here?
any information on this?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2019
ISISs:
Please, this is the period i need ur help here dear seniors.

Where should on work on more in metab n how do i go about it??
Since i've been hearing stories of this dreaded course.

1. Ignore all the stories you've heard about it. Write your own story.

2. What is expected of you is the basics. You can be pardoned for not knowing highfalooting stuffs but the basics? Not likely.

3. Know your normal CHO metabolism plus the various connections between the pathways. Rate limiting points and enzymes extremely important. Ignore chemical structures of those molecules, just know the basics like glucose, fructose, etc.

4. There are some pathways that are constant questions anywhere, irrespective of the school. Eg, urea cycle. Identify regular pathways that turn up in exams and know them.

5. You may not be asked to write long pathways. Rather, they'd synthesize questions from the pathways and their medical application (especially). But whenever you come across a short pathway, KNOW IT! it's a likely exam question.

6. KNOW YOUR STORAGE DISEASES.

7. Most importantly, start early.

I know I've missed thousands of more important points but the above would get you going, at least. My chiefs would add up when they see your post.

Good luck.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TheRealOwner(m): 4:41am On Jul 14, 2019
Good morning thread. Are there any Unilag medical students here?? Not necessarily MBBS. But someone currently studying in Idi-Araba. If you know such a person, please mention them here. Thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2019
TheRealOwner:
Good morning thread. Are there any Unilag medical students here?? Not necessarily MBBS. But someone currently studying in Idi-Araba. If you know such a person, please mention them here. Thanks in advance
I am
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by katebrouwn: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hi there! A writing a case study format APA is one of many research instruments or strategies that are widely used by students, who are studying a particular issue or situation. Case studies are usually assigned at sociology, psychology, education, and anthropology courses. If you are experiencing some difficulties with this task and do not know how to write a case study in APA, we advise you to learn the following guide that will help you understand this task better and become a skilled case study writer.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
@ TONYEOO1 . Hello sir..a big fan of your passion for mbbs*more grace*..i wil like to enquire about uniabuja..
1.ar they full accredited
2.what is their cutoff for mbbs
3.what their quota system
4.how transperant ar they in givining admission
5..school fees..
.hope am not disturbing..tanx in anticipation.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Men them how market... Congratulations to the new clinical students... Cheers
Isis my guy no fear biochem... Just read and know your pathways..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2019
Millex:
Men them how market... Congratulations to the new clinical students... Cheers
Isis my guy no fear biochem... Just read and know your pathways..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2019
Sir, which textbook can you recommend for biochemistry?
l downloaded Harpers but deleted it, I couldn't comprehend it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
Suppose a student used a state of origin certificate other than his real state of origin to gain admission, in order to benefit from the low school fee the indigenes pay, can it be used to expel the student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
CentiLion:

Boss Careful with your words,although MBBS admission is competitive in most universities it is possible to get admitted with low scores without connection. ELDS someone from zamfara with 207 will get MBBS in UNN if he is the highest from zamfara. Most times zero applicant from zamfara apply for MBBS in UNN. This option is now commonly used by a lot of Igbo's applicants aspiring for competitive courses like pharmacy, law, medicine,dentistry. You see a lot of aspirants with full Igbo names with state of origin like zamfara,gombe,jigawa and others gunning for competitive courses in UNN all in the name of a lower cut off through ELDS.
The guy who are arguing with might have been admitted through ELDS despite having a low utme score. You never know.
And they graduated without being expelled? It's hard to believe that a student whose name is Igbo and state of origin Zamfara will not be expelled. How did they get their state (LGA) of origin certificates from Zamfara, for example? Or did they forge it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mandeyy:
Suppose a student used a state of origin certificate other than his real state of origin to gain admission, in order to benefit from the low school fee the indigenes pay, can it be used to expel the student?
If it were UDUSOK, he wouldn't even be able to collect the admission letter.
His admission will be considered null.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tatarison:
If it were UDUSOK, he wouldn't even be able to collect the admission letter.
His admission will be considered null.
How would you know when he wrote he's an indigene and got a genuine certificate of origin from the local govt? Besides, he was born and brought up there, coupled with the fact that his mother is an indigene too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Officiallyme: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Please, any Uniabuja student here. I need information pls
I was told Uniabuja don't conduct post utme. I'm a jambite. I scored. 281 in jamb with 7Bs, 1A and 1C in my waec. I'd love to know my chances pls. Please, anyone.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
So . . . I finally changed institution to Uniuyo.

I'll like to get in touch with Medical Students from Uniuyo and fellow aspirants.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 1:43am On Jul 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
And they graduate without being expelled? It's hard to believe that a student whose name is Igbo and state of origin Zamfara will not be expelled. How do they get their state (LGA) of origin certificates from Zamfara, for example? Or do they forge it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 2:23am On Jul 16, 2019
OwoukoUrua:
So . . . I finally changed institution to Uniuyo.

I'll like to get in touch with Medical Students from Uniuyo and fellow aspirants.
Nice one Boss. No 1 on Merit list sure already. Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2019
CentiLion:

Proof below !
No 103 and last name on the first screenshot (merit list) last year, check the name.
Unn Cut off 327
But he was admitted with 274.
Dude be claiming kano but contact address nsukka.
Third pic No 102 and second to the last on the list claiming Niger State.
Igbo names.
No Big Deal.
Notify me so that I can take down those pictures,cos it is wrong posting sensitive information of people on a public forum like NL without their consent.
Take them down.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
How would you know when he wrote he's an indigene and got a genuine certificate of origin from the local govt? Besides, he was born and brought up there, coupled with the fact that his mother is an indigene too.
The name he used, his appearance will give it away.
There are some people from the North, say Nasarawa state, if those applicants use Sokoto or Kebbi state indigene cert, those issuing the admission letter will find them out and deny them the admission.
They've been doing this for years, you can't fool them
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Tatarison:
The name he used, his appearance will give it away.
There are some people from the North, say Nasarawa state, if those applicants use Sokoto or Kebbi state indigene cert, those issuing the admission letter will find them out and deny them the admission.
They've been doing this for years, you can't fool them
It's a lie. The world is developed now. Anybody can bear any name. Will you tell Victor Moses that he's a White man just because he bears English name? Besides, someone can bear a Nassarawa name whereas he's from Sokoto. Migration and inter-tribal marriage have erased that. For instance, in Igboland, some Ebonyi people now bear surnames of Anambra people. It can happen in the North just because they don't take all these factors into consideration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.