Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823765 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Justice102: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Suspect33:
i know of the science aspect as I'm a medicine aspirants, but for those commercial stuff, i don't know, my kid bro made changes from accounting to banking and finance, i want to know if those subjects i listed meet the requirement of the course
Hope you and your brother have done the Jamb's O level uploading of result and you guys have paid for your Jamb's original result slips?
If no, go to any accredited Jamb's CBT center with your O level print out/statement of result to do the uploading which will attract service charge. For your Jamb's original result slip, log in to your Jamb profile, click on the icon of pay for result and generate your Remetia's RRR, use the RRR , go to the bank and pay the sum of 1000 naira which will attract a token of service charge from the bank. Once you are through with the payment, log in to your Jamb's profile again, click on payment icon, you will see if the payment that you have made has been approved by Jamb or still pending. If it has been approved, then click on the print result icon, select 2019 UTME, key in your Jamb Reg number and click on the print out result icon. Your original Jamb's result slip will be downloaded which has your passport. Have a great day.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stryllex: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
Start your PostUTME preparations today by registering with us
Contact 09077430421 to register for tutorials in UI

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Drmoh090:
Owoukourua that's how i see it too(childish) and decided to bring it out for better study suggestions

bro . . . Try and read faster
and <==> don't waste your time trying to rewrite what you've read word for word.Rather,take down notes.

The notes should be according to your own understanding of what you've read,using your own words where possible.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
K thanks alot,i will try and change my pattern immediately

OwoukoUrua:

bro . . . Try and read faster
and <==> don't waste your time trying to rewrite what you've read word for word.Rather,take down notes.

The notes should be according to your own understanding of what you've read,using your own words where possible.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by WinningEleven(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2019
Starkid3010:
grin grin grin This is stoic
shocked

Stoic, na you be this?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Preye21: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2019
A medical student in Uniben told me that last yr nobody was admitted through DE. How true is this? Are Uniben medical students here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Success2019: 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
Join the latest ANSU/COOU ASPIRANTS GROUP CHAT
CHAT ME UP 09034913484
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 3:25am On Jul 26, 2019
WinningEleven:

shocked

Stoic, na you be this?
angry So you casted me from here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Preye21:
A medical student in Uniben told me that last yr nobody was admitted through DE. How true is this? Are Uniben medical students here?
I don’t think it's true... But in my set they admitted through DE for sure
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by WinningEleven(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
Starkid3010:
angry So you casted me from here
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2019
Goodmorning nairalanders. This is to inform those that choose UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN that the UPDATED, REAL and VALIDATED post UTME past questions (2012-2018) is now available. Call/whatsapp:08037737245

See screenshot of some the 2018 post UTME questions below. This is so real!

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
Anybody here admitted through JUPEB for medicine(note Jupeb not IJMB), let me know and school you did the program....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Supxel: 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone...

One of my friends did IJMB & currently having issues securing admission as a DIRECT ENTRY student. Most of the schs she has tried are not accepting IJMB taken outside the said sch. Pls any advice from learned/experienced individuals here would be gladly welcomed.

Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2019
Please I'm asking for some one what subjects are the ABU medical aspirants expected to seat for during their post utme
Is it same as jamb (eng phy bio chem ) or different
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
EdOgah:
Please I'm asking for some one what subjects are the ABU medical aspirants expected to seat for during their post utme
Is it same as jamb (eng phy bio chem ) or different
The same as the UTME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 01, 2019
horpeyemmi66:

The same as the UTME.
Thanks....
Sorry medics please 1 Last thing for today
For UNN post utme reg can you leave out the testimonial and or FSLC
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GoggleB(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2019
*UNILAG POSTUTME REGISTRATION*
Register for Unilag Post-Utme in few minutes.
✅ *NO ERROR*
✅ *NO QUEUE*
✅ *NO COMING TO UNILAG*

Just send the following details to Whatsapp (08130685211) and get your exam pass in few minutes.

▶ *Full Name*
▶ *UTME Reg. Number*
▶ *Date of birth (DD/MM/YY)*
▶ *Phone number*
▶ *Email address*
▶ *Home address*
▶ *A picture of your O'level result*

� *Contact: 08130685211*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2019
EdOgah:

Thanks....
Sorry medics please 1 Last thing for today
For UNN post utme reg can you leave out the testimonial and or FSLC
You can leave out one.
But one of them must be included.
Either TEST OR FSLC.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

You can leave out one.
Either TEST OR FSLC.
Thanks bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:

You can leave out one.
Either TEST OR FSLC.
U can leave it nd complete ur reg
But I tink is sure u need wen u are doing ur clearance
#congrat_in_advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Whitetalker: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
Good evening everyone

I'm really excited to be here. I registered on this forum mainly because of this thread. I've been an ardent guest viewer on this thread and a lot of comments here helped me in the pursuit of gaining admission into medical school. I'm glad to say that I GOT THERE. God did that.

In a few months, I'll be starting preclinical. I thought to myself that the least I can do is return the favor. So guys if you have any question on how to keep your head high while pushing hard to get into medical school, I'll love to give the best advice I can.
It gets hard I can assure you but with God and the right mindset, you'll find yourself there faster than you thought. Stay blessed.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
Whitetalker:
Good evening everyone

I'm really excited to be here. I registered on this forum mainly because of this thread. I've been an ardent guest viewer on this thread and a lot of comments here helped me in the pursuit of gaining admission into medical school. I'm glad to say that I GOT THERE. God did that.

In a few months, I'll be starting preclinical. I thought to myself that the least I can do is return the favor. So guys if you have any question on how to keep your head high while pushing hard to get into medical school, I'll love to give the best advice I can.
It gets hard I can assure you but with God and the right mindset, you'll find yourself there faster than you thought. Stay blessed.

Which medical school are you and are you an MBBS student or BDS student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Whitetalker: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
DrOptimistic:

Which medical school are you and are you an MBBS student or BDS student?
I'm in UNN medical school and an mbbs student.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
Whitetalker:

I'm in UNN medical school and an mbbs student.
Can you give me your whatsapp number?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Whitetalker: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
DrOptimistic:
Can you give me your whatsapp number?

Is there something you want to ask for that you aren't comfortable asking here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
Does red blood cell really need energy to drive its process? If yes, where does it get it from? If it is from HMP shunt pathway, i saw a text that said HMP shunt does not generate energy, how then does redblood cell get its energy?

2) if a diabetic patient metabolise fructose faster than glucose due to fructose metabolism pathway bypassing the insulin dependent enzyme found in glycolysis, therefore; fructokinase instead of hexokinase, also, bypassing phosphofructokinase to produce glyceraldehyde3phosphate using aldolaseB and triose kinase enzyme, how then is the glyceraldehyde3phosphate produced in the fructose metabolism which enters glycolysis able to bypass insulin dependent pyruvate kinase?

3) since anearobic glycolysis occur in redblood cell, what oxidizes the oxidative phase of HMP shunt pathway?

# it is open, i'll sincerly apreciate your contribution.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
Whitetalker:

Is there something you want to ask for that you aren't comfortable asking here?
Yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Whitetalker: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
DrOptimistic:
Yes
I just got here and I'm not too comfortable posting my contact here. You can, however, send me your WhatsApp contact anyway you can and I'll chat you up. That is if you are comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 05, 2019
ISISs:
Does red blood cell really need energy to drive its process?
Yep, they do.

If yes, where does it get it from?
Anaerobic glycolysis which produces roughly 2 ATPs. In fact, this energy is too much for RBCs that it dissipates some of it through Rapoport Luebering shunt.

If it is from HMP shunt pathway, i saw a text that said HMP shunt does not generate energy, how then does redblood cell get its energy?
I don't think energy production is part of the biomedical roles of HMP.

2) if a diabetic patient metabolise fructose faster than glucose due to fructose metabolism pathway bypassing the insulin dependent enzyme found in glycolysis, therefore; fructokinase instead of hexokinase, also, bypassing phosphofructokinase to produce glyceraldehyde3phosphate using aldolaseB and triose kinase enzyme, how then is the glyceraldehyde3phosphate produced in the fructose metabolism which enters glycolysis able to bypass insulin dependent pyruvate kinase

I don't think I get this question cheesy

3) since anearobic glycolysis occur in redblood cell, what oxidizes the oxidative phase of HMP shunt pathway?

NADP is a strong oxidizing agent. In line with the definition of oxidation as the removal of hydrogen, continous removal of H+ from the substrate forms the oxidative phase of HMP.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
Preye21:
It's a lie!
A DE student did his clearance the same day and time with me.

I entered through Utme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itsceejay009(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
Please any UNN medical student or aspirant in the house?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 06, 2019
Hi 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination candidates,as we all know that the ONLY Machine to bulldoze 2020 JAMB UTME is EARLY PREPARATION,in view of this, I created a group on WhatsApp for studious medical aspirants only.
- Target Score: 390
- Completion of the four relevant subjects' syllabus - 1st step
- Completion of all the years in the Past Questions - 2nd
- Online brainstorming session on the WhatsApp group.
To join the group, click this link https:///B5Pvxf8jub8GmSyWfDFqv2

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.