Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843949 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizemmanuel(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2013
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
What is the use of Glibenclamide?,and what site in the body does it produce its effects?....gud afternoon my fellow medics!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yemmytcm(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
charliejose: Hi house!,am new here,and am reali loving what u guys are doing...am an aspirant of unilag,want 2 study medicine and surg,but owing 2 my low jamb score,I changed 2 pharmacology.I wuld like 2 Ask if it is possible 2 swap back 2 med and surg in d future,maybe 100 or 200 level and how wuld it be processed.thank u!
why dnt you ask diz question on the unilag's admission thread ! It might be answered sooner than you can expect.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
charliejose: What is the use of Glibenclamide?,and what site in the body does it produce its effects?....gud afternoon my fellow medics!

glibenclamide is a sulphonylurea, also an insulin secretagogue that acts on the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans to secrete more insulin, it's used mainly in type 2 diabetes melitus, in combination with metformin.....

hi peeps, did anyone miss me

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Smartiegurl(f): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
A question for you guys......when one has a Postrate Cancer, what does it really mean?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2013
Lagusta:

glibenclamide is a sulphonylurea, also an insulin secretagogue that acts on the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans to secrete more insulin, it's used mainly in type 2 diabetes melitus, in combination with metformin.....

hi peeps, did anyone miss me
O boy!,dats reali correct...I saw it in pharmacology test book.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2013
yemmytcm: why dnt you ask diz question on the unilag's admission thread ! It might be answered sooner than you can expect.
thanks! Yemmy,I wuld do just dat.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
okay, let me ask mine!!!!

which drug is given:::

1) once a day

2) once a week

3) once a month

4) once a year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lagusta: okay, let me ask mine!!!!

which drug is given:::

1) once a day

2) once a week

3) once a month

4) once a year
2.once in a week=>prophylactic drugs......**am not yet in skul o**am i korect?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TARCHYCARDIA: 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
hello to all the great medics here,you guys are doing a hgreat job. Please I am an aspirant of uni-ilorin NURSING who score 210 in jamb which I know is low. I am still contemplating either to get another jamb or to go for the postjamb. I want great minded people in this forum to please help me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drealdoc89(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello,
am Michael by name,a 4th year Pharmacy student from DELSU,ABRAKA,DELTA STATE,NIGERIA.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
i ve so much passion for medicine and science but its quite unfortunate dat am in social science, i really like health sciences bt am an aspiring psychologist, how i wish i could study medicine, i really love it,how i wish it wasnt too late for me!!! i wish u all d best in ur professional careers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
yhomz093: i ve so much passion for medicine and science but its quite unfortunate dat am in social science, i really like health sciences bt am an aspiring psychologist, how i wish i could study medicine, i really love it,how i wish it wasnt too late for me!!! i wish u all d best in ur professional careers

but psychologists work hand in hand with clinical psychiatrists in the management of the mentally ill.......

so u can still work in a hospital, if u wish......

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
Prince adebayo: 2.once in a week=>prophylactic drugs......**am not yet in skul o**am i korect?

which prophylactic drug u got an idea tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Hello Dr's,hw'r u all? I've been here a y cos u guyz aren't post which means,Dr r. Busy as usual.Dr Lagusta,D best doc,Dr Aluta continua,Dr Lomaxx n aLl,I've missed u all lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Cathy911: Pls, can i get info on kwara poly SLT pls.

here

https://www.nairaland.com/1185776/kwara-state-polytechnic-ilorin-2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 21, 2013
TARCHYCARDIA: hello to all the great medics here,you guys are doing a hgreat job. Please I am an aspirant of uni-ilorin NURSING who score 210 in jamb which I know is low. I am still contemplating either to get another jamb or to go for the postjamb. I want great minded people in this forum to please help me

Go ahead 4d post utme, ur score is not bad relatively. Goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 21, 2013
To all the medics in the house, I say 'rankadede' ....following since inception, garnered sufficient force to overcome the inertia of posting today..1♡. ......Dr Lagusta, 3 hearty cheers.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xtranoble: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2013
charliejose: Hi house!,am new here,and am reali loving what u guys are doing...am an aspirant of unilag,want 2 study medicine and surg,but owing 2 my low jamb score,I changed 2 pharmacology.I wuld like 2 Ask if it is possible 2 swap back 2 med and surg in d future,maybe 100 or 200 level and how wuld it be processed.thank u!
the possibility is there. in my school(university of uyo) of you hit a ccgp of 3.5 at the end of your year one, you could apply for a change of course, provided the course you are changing to is closely related to the former.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xtranoble: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2013
it's your boy xtranoble, B.pharm 4/5 uniuyo. fellow pansites reach out to me on m.Facebook.com I rep uniuyo,I rep pans national

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
silent don: To all the medics in the house, I say 'rankadede' ....following since inception, garnered sufficient force to overcome the inertia of posting today..... love frm Unilorin, Dr Lagusta, 3 hearty cheers.

osheee cool cool cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
labodinho: Hello Dr's,hw'r u all? I've been here a y cos u guyz aren't post which means,Dr r. Busy as usual.Dr Lagusta,D best doc,Dr Aluta continua,Dr Lomaxx n aLl,I've missed u all lot.

Medicine first, Others follow
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Xtranoble:
the possibility is there. in my school(university of uyo) of you hit a ccgp of 3.5 at the end of your year one, you could apply for a change of course, provided the course you are changing to is closely related to the former.
thanks 4 d info...,but what are the chances if someone does have above 3.5 CGPA?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ImmaOla: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2013
Emzybrown: grin grin

dont get scared it might be a piece of cake for youuu

I pray so
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TARCHYCARDIA: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2013
Thanks to the man who comment.Hmm not relatively bad.Am kind of depress with this mark.Anyway lamenting here is nothing.If anyone here know when the post ume for UNI-ILORIN is out please inform me.Dr Lasguta i hail please sir as alumni of uni ilorin what my stand for NURSING with 210 can i go for the post ume.THANKS TO ALL
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2013
TARCHYCARDIA: Thanks to the man who comment.Hmm not relatively bad.Am kind of depress with this mark.Anyway lamenting here is nothing.If anyone here know when the post ume for UNI-ILORIN is out please inform me.Dr Lasguta i hail please sir as alumni of uni ilorin what my stand for NURSING with 210 can i go for the post ume.THANKS TO ALL

I believe 210 is ok for nursing, but u cn check www.unilorin.edu.ng
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
Charlie jose,To cross over from other courses to medicine and surgery is an uphill task in d University of Lagos.D requirement for crossing over is a cgpa of 4.50 provided there is still available spaces .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
Am I the only one that has a bad feeling about this crossing over in medicine? angry angry angry angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bleznolap(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
I chose physIotherapy nd I'm using two 0'level sittings bt u.I stated clearly that two 0'level sittings is an exception to college of medicine and pharmacy,pls wot can I do?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
lomaxx: Am I the only one that has a bad feeling about this crossing over in medicine? angry angry angry angry

It doesn't work out most times. You just get to find peace with what you're doing at the moment. It's a way of just pushing people away from home, so, they don't waste admissions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.