Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843985 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
labodinho: "siddon dey look" u ve'nt included hands on chin.....missed u a lot,been a y,aw was/is yur pharmacology test dah day.,if u can recollect.

Missed you too, boss. kiss kiss
The pharm test...hmmmmmm
The professor gave all of us 10 points, for attempting the test! He didn't tell us our scores, guess all of us banged!

But i'm now over the phobia sha, wrote the exam and passed. Besides, i guess the first part of cholinergics and adrenergics was the worst, i'm finding the other parts much more easier now. Thanks for asking, boss!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
lomaxx:

uhmmm..

You have Medscape?

Yeah, but haven't ever used it, maybe when I subscribe!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

Missed you too, boss. kiss kiss
The pharm test...hmmmmmm
The professor gave all of us 10 points, for attempting the test! He didn't tell us our scores, guess all of us banged!

But i'm now over the phobia sha, wrote the exam and passed. Besides, i guess the first part of cholinergics and adrenergics was the worst, i'm finding the other parts much more easier now. Thanks for asking, boss!

haven't you guys started CVS and CNS pharmacology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lagusta:

Yeah, but haven't ever used it, maybe when I subscribe!!!

Medscape is the stuffiest app ever for medicine. There's nothing in medicine you won't find there properly dealt with...conditions, drugs, references, procedures. Na wetin I dey carry shine

Then there's this app Merck's Manual. It's a paid app though. Its equally good.

There's Schwartz Manual of Surgery. A bit stuffy on the surgery side. Haven't had time for surgery in a while.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lagusta:

haven't you guys started CVS and CNS pharmacology

CVS was majorly the adrenergics and cholinergics and it just wasn't funny. embarassed

Just starting CNS now, don't tell me it's anoda horror film in the making. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
And did I add that Medscape has a tab for differential diagnosis for every disorder?

During my case presentations, it really helps me to rule out stuff intelligently.

It's always cute when I'm presenting and a consultant stops me halfway to ask " why did you ask so so and so?''

And I flash that 'medscape' smile way I don derive tight differentials. It's a must-have
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
lomaxx:

Medscape is the stuffiest app ever for medicine. There's nothing in medicine you won't find there properly dealt with...conditions, drugs, references, procedures. Na wetin I dey carry shine

Then there's this app Merck's Manual. It's a paid app though. Its equally good.

There's Schwartz Manual of Surgery. A bit stuffy on the surgery side. Haven't had time for surgery in a while.

*Downloading mode activated*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

*Downloading mode activated*

grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

CVS was majorly the adrenergics and cholinergics and it just wasn't funny. embarassed

Just starting CNS now, don't tell me it's anoda horror film in the making. lipsrsealed

What text do you use?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
lomaxx:

What text do you use?

I don't even know their names.
I'll check when I get home.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
labodinho: wel,to ma sense,i tink she appreciates morphological xterz.Mayb u'll edit yur profile by including a nice pix not d pix u snapped during exam period.....lolz

lol,i just saw this now and i'm cracking real bad.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lagusta: [img]na Wa ooo, na love una dey share, not medical apps again!!!

na Wa ooo[/img]

They are many but the funny thing is that i hardly go through them.
prognosis,Pearls Free,Neuroslice,medical terminology,clinical tests and procedures.
A whole lot of them from google play store.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 1:41am On Jun 28, 2013
D_BestDoc:

lol,i just saw this now and i'm cracking real bad.
U as ma sister,i shuld knw yur taste.....More power to yur elbow.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drealdoc89(m): 2:32am On Jun 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

which skul are u at? Cos am doing cns pharmacology ds semester. From Delsu
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2013
hey guys its been awhile here. hope you all doing good.

please if you know of any openings in your schools for housemanahip please holla right here.

talking about medical apps, android really has good ones. in addition to medscape you can download the app "on exam" this one helped me prepare for finals. its grouped according to systems basically showing you pointers on how to take a structured history, physical exams following IPPA and specific tests you might want to do according to that system. Also contains many clinical signs and practical steps to two eliciting them. Those in fourth year starting clinicals will particularly find it useful.

Another one to get is called "medical doctor". importantly it has lung and heart sounds you can play . both normal and abnormal. it can help you identify fine crepitations, coarse creps, rhonci, wheezes, split heart sounds, and various heart mummurs.

Those of you still in the struggle wish you best of luck. one day it'll all be over . its not all about being intelligent, many intelligent people have failed out, you also have to be wise.

Whatever you do just know the basics and know what you're supposed to know. don't go start reading mega stuffs to show off at the expense of the basic stuff you should know. You will be forgiven if you don't know about Meigs syndrome but no examiner will forgive you if you don't know basic stuff about hernia, intestinal obstruction, acute abdomen or appendicitis.

One other thing, get close to repeat students. They have valuable experience that can help you and usually have some very useful materials. that's one tip I learnt back then.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2013
TCD: hey guys its been awhile here. hope you all doing good.

please if you know of any openings in your schools for housemanahip please holla right here.

talking about medical apps, android really has good ones. in addition to medscape you can download the app "on exam" this one helped me prepare for finals. its grouped according to systems basically showing you pointers on how to take a structured history, physical exams following IPPA and specific tests you might want to do according to that system. Also contains many clinical signs and practical steps to two eliciting them. Those in fourth year starting clinicals will particularly find it useful.

Another one to get is called "medical doctor". importantly it has lung and heart sounds you can play . both normal and abnormal. it can help you identify fine crepitations, coarse creps, rhonci, wheezes, split heart sounds, and various heart mummurs.

Those of you still in the struggle wish you best of luck. one day it'll all be over . its not all about being intelligent, many intelligent people have failed out, you also have to be wise.

Whatever you do just know the basics and know what you're supposed to know. don't go start reading mega stuffs to show off at the expense of the basic stuff you should know. You will be forgiven if you don't know about Meigs syndrome but no examiner will forgive you if you don't know basic stuff about hernia, intestinal obstruction, acute abdomen or appendicitis.

One other thing, get close to repeat students. They have valuable experience that can help you and usually have some very useful materials. that's one tip I learnt back then.

smiley smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2013
@TCD, thanks!
@drealdoc, i'm nowhere close to Delsu.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2013
I have medical doctor app, that app is one of the best any medic must have!!!! very useful, u'll hear the breath sounds, heart sounds and murmurs clearly!!!

Eiyaaa, and UiTH just finished their interview ooo, when another form is out, I'll let u know!!!

TCD: hey guys its been awhile here. hope you all doing good.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by classicdzeko(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Fraternal greetings to all medical students, here it's my delight to meet u all and i say well done, ßest wishes and goodluck to u all am an aspirant of ßeta by far, unilorin i opted for pharmacy with 231 in ume... Post ume await me. I need u all to knw what gonna meet in dat dept/faculty assume am admited God help me..b3,b3,C5,C5,C6 Phy,chem,mth,eng,bio, respectively thanks bro/sister
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lagusta: I have medical doctor app, that app is one of the best any medic must have!!!! very useful, u'll hear the breath sounds, heart sounds and murmurs clearly!!!

Eiyaaa, and UiTH just finished their interview ooo, when another form is out, I'll let u know!!!

Thanks boss. would like to go to any place up north. since you're closer if you hear anything from any teaching hospital that region, please help a brother .

having schooled everywhere from southwest where I'm from , east and south south, I 'll love to experience what life is like in the North.

There's an app you'll like to check out. will be helpful for house job and practice. if you have an android device download "Safe dose" from Google play store. it gives drugs, their doses which you can adjust according to patients weight, their IV infusion and titration rate. adverse effects, remarks etc. check it out if you can.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
D_BestDoc:

smiley smiley
alutacontinua: @TCD, thanks!
@drealdoc, i'm nowhere close to Delsu.
D_BestDoc:

smiley smiley

you're welcome. feel free to ask any question and I'll help to the best of my ability. A wise woman once old me, if you ask questions from those who have been there you'll hardly miss your way.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
TCD:

you're welcome. feel free to ask any question and I'll help to the best of my ability. A wise woman once old me, if you ask questions from those who have been there you'll hardly miss your way.

Sure boss! smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gudaftnun medicos. Hmmmm, I jst cant control d excitement I do feel whenever I open dis thread, but I still see myself as a visitor to the thread cos am not yet a medico. Am a 100level Microbiology student of Uniabuja but my passion 4 medicine is stil driving me crazy, this is my 4th JAMB attemptig Medicine and I just pray I get it this time around. House please pray 4 us the aspirants in this room as we prepare 4 our post-ume that this year shall not pass us bye.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Alhaji Lagusta, allahu akbar! Pray for us!
Pastor Lomaxx, let us pray!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
TCD:

Thanks boss. would like to go to any place up north. since you're closer if you hear anything from any teaching hospital that region, please help a brother .

having schooled everywhere from southwest where I'm from , east and south south, I 'll love to experience what life is like in the North.

There's an app you'll like to check out. will be helpful for house job and practice. if you have an android device download "Safe dose" from Google play store. it gives drugs, their doses which you can adjust according to patients weight, their IV infusion and titration rate. adverse effects, remarks etc. check it out if you can.

boss, there are lots of places up north that are free, u can try nasarawa, bauchi and sokoto......

and thanx for the app list, when I subscribe, I'll get them.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lagusta:

boss, there are lots of places up north that are free, u can try nasarawa, bauchi and sokoto......

and thanx for the app list, when I subscribe, I'll get them.....
lol, how do you mean "free"?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
those guys up north are literally begging for doctors, I would've loved to go but I want to get more experience in a private setting first, so that I won't be disgraced among my junior ones!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TCD: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lagusta: those guys up north are literally begging for doctors, I would've loved to go but I want to get more experience in a private setting first, so that I won't be disgraced among my junior ones!!!

I'll put my ears on the ground share. thanks for the heads up.

for the disgrace thingy a consultant that wants to embarrass you well still do so, that's the unfortunate thing about med school in Nigeria. you should be used to it by now. Right from time I never cared , you can't kill me. after all your rant you'll still teach me the correct thing and I learn.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lagusta: those guys up north are literally begging for doctors, I would've loved to go but I want to get more experience in a private setting first, so that I won't be disgraced among my junior ones!!!
Dr Lagusta cheesy
lol @ Disgrace.
My Oga @ the top you won't be disgraced.learning is a process, nobody was born full of knowledge. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
D_BestDoc:
Dr Lagusta cheesy
lol @ Disgrace.
My Oga @ the top you won't be disgraced.learning is a process, nobody was born full of knowledge. smiley
TCD:

I'll put my ears on the ground share. thanks for the heads up.

for the disgrace thingy a consultant that wants to embarrass you well still do so, that's the unfortunate thing about med school in Nigeria. you should be used to it by now. Right from time I never cared , you can't kill me. after all your rant you'll still teach me the correct thing and I learn.

Yeah, thanx guys, it's just that the thing I hate most in this world is embarrassment and disgrace.......

I can't get over it!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Amanda6(f): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
Can some1 tell me more about Eac ibadan,the website doesn't say much, how are classes,lectures,the teacher the school fees is it per semester of yearly.how is d environment, d skul entirely
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lagusta:

I don't think so ooooo, I believe he has to start all over again, its the same anyway, a medic that wants to be a dentist has to start again in dental school.... Remember, a nurse can never be a doctor until he gets his MBBS!!!

Don't worry, dentists are also competitive, DR. Sid is a dentist, he just loves music, he also consults, and u can travel out to SA, australia, canada, etc
THERE IS NO DENTISTRY IN YOUR SCHOOL SO YOU HAV NO BLEEPIN IDEA OF WAT DENTISTRY IS ALL ABOUT; in DENTISTRY, YOU STUDY MEDICINE AND SURGERY IN A PERIOD OF 5YRS AND USE THE REMAININ 1YR TO DO DENTAL COURSES..ITS ONLY O&G WE DONT DO;;Btw, Hav U EVER HEARED OF A MAXILOFACIAL SURGEON IN UR LYF? OR A CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON? OR AN ORAL PHYSICIAN? OR AN ORAL PATHOLOGY?? I GUESS NOT...D FORMER CMD LASUTH IS A MAXILOFACIAL SURGEON, THE PRESENT ASSISTANT CMD OF LASUTH IS A MAXILOFACIAL SURGEON, THE FORMER CMD OF UDUTH IS AN ORAL PATHOLOGIST, THE FORMER NMA CHAIRMAN EDO STATE CHAPTER IS A MAXILOFACIAL SURGEON;;;OF COURSE U CAN GET MBBS AFTA BDS IN 18MONTHS BT DATS NOT EVEN NECCESSARY because U KNW ALL WAT DEY KNW...SO SHUT UPPPPPP

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.