Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1828727 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello people!
Done with 2nd MB.
About starting 4th year.
Would like to know the best textbooks(soft copy) by Indian authors for - pathology and pharmacology.
In fact if you have the link to all the textbooks(soft copy) needed for 4th year medicine, pls do post here or better still mention it here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Anonymous0967:
Bosses in the house I am currently studying BSc. chemistry.. I am still aspiring for MBBS.. Can I do de for MBBS with my chemistry
University of Calabar and NDU consider graduates of Chemistry for DE into Medicine.

LASU states that she "will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of Second class Upper Division for admission." (LASU doesn't specify the disciplines)

You will do well to enquire more about DE with Chemistry into the above institutions.

Source: JAMB Brochure.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrCommy: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
OloladeWrites:

Hi MrCommy!
In the past, OAU post utme subjects are the same subjects you sat for in your Utme. That is still what is going on except that Use of English has been substituted with Aptitude Test.
OAU post utme questions are kinda technical, quite simple to pass. Time duration is 1Hr or thereabout for 40 questions. (10 Bio, 10Chem, 10Phy and 10Aptitude Test) for medical aspirants.
To calculate your aggregate: Divide your Utme by 8. Total :50
Post utme is over 40 so no division here. Total: 40
And your O'levels in 5 compulsory subjects (A1 =10, B2 = 9,bB3 = 8, C4 = 7, C5 = 6, C6 = 5) Agg/5
Total: 10

Case Scenario: Utme score of 330, 5 A1 in wassce and 35 in Post utme will give you an aggregate of (41.25 + 10 + 35) = 86.25.

Thanks bro.

Can you tell me about admission transparency at OAU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
kempreze:
Hello people!
Done with 2nd MB.
About starting 4th year.
Would like to know the best textbooks(soft copy) by Indian authors for - pathology and pharmacology.
In fact if you have the link to all the textbooks(soft copy) needed for 4th year medicine, pls do post here or better still mention it here.
What is the name of your medical school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HenryHenry177: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
pls anyone from AAU here ? is AAU MBBS very strenuous ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
kempreze:
Hello people!
Done with 2nd MB.
About starting 4th year.

https://medicostimes.com/all-mbbs-books-pdf/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
GideonOmach:

SIWHIZZY, The BOOK KILLER!!! Laughs! WELL DONE SIR!!! SUCCESS!
Lol...Well done too bro. smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
HenryHenry177:
pls anyone from AAU here ? is AAU MBBS very strenuous ?
One here. Is there any medical school that isn't strenuous? It's thesame thing or at least almost thesame thing everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HenryHenry177: 2:03am On Nov 06, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:

One here. Is there any medical school that isn't strenuous? It's thesame thing or at least almost thesame thing everywhere.
k tnx r u studying medicine there?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
HenryHenry177:
k tnx r u studying medicine there?
Yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docyomex(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
MrCommy:

Thanks bro.

Can you tell me about admission transparency at OAU?

If you meet the catchment or merit score, you'll get admission....
Oau aspirant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrCommy: 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
docyomex:

If you meet the catchment or merit score, you'll get admission....
Oau aspirant

Okay bro.
Are you a medical student there?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HenryHenry177: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:

Yes
pls r u on WhatsApp app pls if u are can I get ur contact pls I just got admitted
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docyomex(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
MrCommy:

Okay bro.
Are you a medical student there?
Not yet jare
DE admission list is what I'm waiting for
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrCommy: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
docyomex:

Not yet jare
DE admission list is what I'm waiting for

Alright..
Goodluck...
I'm preparing for next year jamb

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
HenryHenry177:
pls r u on WhatsApp app pls if u are can I get ur contact pls I just got admitted
Yes. My number is at my siggy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emperor272(m): 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Please medics in oau ,is it true Ogun state in not under their catchment area ...���
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HenryHenry177: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:

Yes. My number is at my siggy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
emperor272:
Please medics in oau ,is it true Ogun state in not under their catchment area ...���
Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo are the catchment states of OAU.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EOS101: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
You have to change it from RAD to DEG, just try it out,had same issue
Pocohontasboo:
Somebody help me, how do I set my calculator on my phone, it is giving me wrong trigonometric values, e.g sin 30 is giving me -0.9880 instead of 0.5, how do I fix it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayunion(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please I need you guys to advise me.

I'm a DE candidate (used my first degree) in UNILORIN. The program I applied for was Medicine & Surgery and I wasn't admitted but I got a transfer offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS. I will ACCEPT the physiology only if I'm sure I can be demoted by the school to 100level instead of starting from 200level as per DE (there's a tradition in UNILORIN in which the 10 best 100level students in each of anatomy and physiology will cross to 200level Medicine which is not applicable if I begin from 200level). Also, I learnt that if I should REJECT the offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS, I'll be placed on the MarketPlace offers in which other universities might offer me Medicine & Surgery but it might be state or private universities which I can't afford monetarily.
Please what do you think I should do?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
Just like yestarday my journey into the medical school started. Today, the 8th of November, 2019, after the examiners board meeting (OAUTHC) I, along with my esteemed colleagues, am certified to have acquired enough training to become a House Officer. Also I have been found worthy both in learning and character to be called a medical doctor and become titled accordingly. The Mr in front of my name has changed to Dr. It is official.
All thanks and praises be to God.

Dr Lagusta, Dr Lomax and others. We appreciate your guidance.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dr lebienconnu, can I have your contact please? So we can discuss on whatsapp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:16am On Nov 09, 2019
lebienconnu:
Just like yestarday my journey into the medical school started. Today, the 8th of November, 2019, after the examiners board meeting (OAUTHC) I, along with my esteemed colleagues, am certified to have acquired enough training to become a House Officer. Also I have been found worthy both in learning and character to be called a medical doctor and become titled accordingly. The Mr in front of my name has changed to Dr. It is official.

Hearty congratulations Dr. Sir

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2019

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2019
lebienconnu:

Congratulations on your induction!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Ifyjoshblaze:
TESTIMONY TIME !!!!!!!!!!

I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone here especially Dr lagusta and other pioneer Bosses who kick-started this thread.

I had given up on studying medicine after staying back home for almost 5 yrs due to financial issues.

I visited Nairaland once in a while but never discovered this thread until last year, accidentally even.

I had just finished 100l in a biological course after getting admission in 2017 when things turned a corner for us financially.

I was generally unhappy with my life and was bordering on acute depression back then,until I saw myself here unintentionally.

The posts I came across here and the diaries that I read( and still following) lit a fire under my belly and I started believing that i could really pull this off inspite of me being a shadow of my Secondary school self academically.

I decided to give it my last shot and by the grace of God and with the help of most people here(bulk of them unknowingly) I am now a fresh medical student in Enugu State University (Esut) by Merit.

I will forever remain grateful to God and my Messiahs here.

Special mention goes to:
Lagusta
lomaxx
Starfx
Elzak
jargo89
Mandeyy

And many others( can't remember all their monikers), in fact everyone here played a pivotal role in my success, even those I kinda ruffled with, I learned from all of it and will make sure I put all I've learnt here to great use.

PS: I have a new account now (Medicblaze), this should my last post with this very one.
Clean slate.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

God bless you All.

A big congratulations chief, welcome on board

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drmohammedjibrin: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2019
Al-hamdulilah,i have just been admitted

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
I have been an ardent follower of this amazing thread... Just felt I should register my present today and drop a little spirit uplifting post, as I have been offered admission into MBBS in Uniben (Utme) and AAU (DE)... Had 88% last year via DE Unilorin and wasn't given anything.

It has been a long time coming but I thank God for the strength given me to always give it one more shot even when all hope seems lost... To anyone who has tried for years without success just be prayerful, focus and get the right mentorship and material for study... Your testimony is next by God's grace... #Shalom

And to the bosses present here thanks for creating time to show us the way in terms of advice and telling us how you overcame your struggles in your quest for admission, may God reward you all beyond your imagination...

10 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Congratulations Acecube
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
Xandre:
Congratulations Acecube
Thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Acecube:
I have been an ardent follower of this amazing thread... Just felt I should register my present today and drop a little spirit uplifting post, as I have been offered admission into MBBS in Uniben (Utme) and AAU (DE)... Had 88% last year via DE Unilorin and wasn't given anything.

It has been a long time coming but I thank God for the strength given me to always give it one more shot even when all hope seems lost... To anyone who has tried for years without success just be prayerful, focus and get the right mentorship and material for study... Your testimony is next by God's grace... #Shalom

And to the bosses present here thanks for creating time to show us the way in terms of advice and telling us how you overcame your struggles in your quest for admission, may God reward you all beyond your imagination...
Uniben all the way.
Congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.