Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834757 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

You are right not all, but out of these 51 with 300+, like 40 are for MBBS if I'm not mistaken
That's true, but I don't care about the figure. Most of them will relent las las. You can check Tbose jamb and post utme statistics last year.

The guy that was the highest last year in UI's post utme (92) wasn't their student. He scored 302 in jamb and another 91 scored 304 while those with 320+ were following and even some didn't make it.

War is not about who is right, it's about who is left. To me, MBBS is war!!! Manpower and strategy are necessary.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DreamChaser1672: 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
I am in some kind of dilemma as to which school I should go to with my jamb score. I scored 305 (which is not too high a score) and I picked Unimaid now. I am from a southwestern state and I heard that Unimaid only pick about 2 students from each non-catchment state. Now, I am so scared of being pushed to lower courses because of other people from my state having higher score than me so I just want to confirm from the bosses here if there is anyone that has applied to Unimaid with 300+ and is not given. Pls I don't want to make a mistake as I have been through a lot. Thanks. Any additional info about Unimaid would be welcome too. Thanks a lot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2020
DreamChaser1672:
I am in some kind of dilemma as to which school I should go to with my jamb score. I scored 305 (which is not too high a score) and I picked Unimaid now. I am from a southwestern state and I heard that Unimaid only pick about 2 students from each non-catchment state. Now, I am so scared of being pushed to lower courses because of other people from my state having higher score than me so I just want to confirm from the bosses here if there is anyone that has applied Unimaid with 300+ and is not given. Pls I don't want to make a mistake as I have been through a lot. Thanks. Any additional info about Unimaid would be welcome too. Thanks a lot
apply Udus
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2020
David2O:
That's true, but I don't care about the figure. Most of them will relent las las. You can check Tbose jamb and post utme statistics last year.

The guy that was the highest last year in UI's post utme (92) wasn't their student. He scored 302 in jamb and another 91 scored 304 while those with 320+ were following and even some didn't make it.

War is not about who is right, it's about who is left. To me, MBBS is war!!! Manpower and strategy are necessary.

You just boost my morale. I have been thinking of all these 320+ guys.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saaeonline(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
nice information
if you want to go abroad with ielts or pte
click on signature links
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
Eben331:

Same here

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Eben331:

grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrEgghead:
The rate at which people will be withdrawn after 100L will be too much.

The funny thing is that it's only the number of students within the admission quota that will be allowed to write 2nd MBBS Professional exams.

I don't know how they will do it. That UNN is becoming something else and with the number they admitted, the cut off was too high. Many people entered by paying huge amount.

I think they have reduced it two days ago
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

I think they have reduced it two days ago
How?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Pocohontasboo:
5th attempt and medicine seems not to fall in place, for the sixth attempt next year I'm tightening my lace, all these years wasted shall not be in vain, no no I have to absorb the pain...
OK OK enough of the rhymes.... I need someone to guide me, one last attempt before I stop chasing...
I was just skimming your previous posts and sighted this. Wow!!! You deserve my salute. 6th attempt? ah You're such a strong and resilient Lady. May God bless your hustle...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 12:21am On Mar 26, 2020
MrEgghead:
How?

From 582 to 220
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 26, 2020
David2O:
I was just skimming your previous posts and sighted this. Wow!!! You deserve my salute. 6th attempt? ah You're such a strong and resilient Lady. May God bless your hustle...
Lol....This is the last one, giving my best shot

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Helicobacter: 3:09am On Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone. My younger sis has been writing jamb for over 5yrs now, applying medicine. She has been scoring well too. Like last yr she had 273 but BSU disappointed. She scored 296 this year. I want to find out if this score's enough to help her cope @unilorin. I advised her to put UniJos but she's worried she had 2Bs and 3Cs in waec. I'd appreciate ur advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

From 582 to 220
You mean many people failed and were dropped?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LamaNewton(m): 7:49am On Mar 26, 2020
please o
if i switch from unical to uniben,will it hinder my chances of getting admitted into medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emarvel(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:
please o
if i switch from unical to uniben,will it hinder my chances of getting admitted into medicine?
first of all, why do you wanna switch??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LamaNewton(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2020
Emarvel:

first of all, why do you wanna switch??
my dad forced me to fill unical,so we had a bet.if i beat my target score,i'll change to uniben....now i want to change to uniben
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emarvel(m): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:

my dad forced me to fill unical,so we had a bet.if i beat my target score,i'll change to uniben....now i want to change to uniben
well, for clarity sake
i will advice that you leave it as unical.
if you have a pretty high score, you will even have an upper hand in unical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

Lol....This is the last one, giving my best shot
I don't pray you miss your shot. Heaven knows you've tried. Remember we are trying to outrank Gurus. Thus, prepare like do or die lol Hope you have sample past questions cause UI do repeat questions?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2020
Helicobacter:
Hello everyone. My younger sis has been writing jamb for over 5yrs now, applying medicine. She has been scoring well too. Like last yr she had 273 but BSU disappointed. She scored 296 this year. I want to find out if this score's enough to help her cope @unilorin. I advised her to put UniJos but she's worried she had 2Bs and 3Cs in waec. I'd appreciate ur advice.
Irrespective of her state of Origin, I'll advise her not to near UNILORIN of all schools and she should go with a school that conducts Post UTME exams for her to stand a better chance.

I'll advise her to go with UNICAL or UNIBEN.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:

Don't do something you'll later regret.
I'm a student of UNIBEN but you stand a far better chance in UNICAL.

what's your Jamb score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LamaNewton(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2020
MrEgghead:
Don't do something you'll later regret. I'm a student of UNIBEN but you stand a far better chance in UNICAL.
what's your Jamb score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 11:57am On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:
please o
Medicine is medicine everywhere oga. Unical is even a federal university, I wonder why you want to change to Uniben. Your chances in Unical with 349 jamb score is like 90% compared to Uniben that I cannot even assure 50%. Let me tell you, I had over 327 in 2018 and applied for Uniben. I was disappointed and thrown to another department and here I am writing another jamb. Luckily for me, I was still able to get 315 and I'll try not to make silly mistakes this time around. Just be wise sha, if you play with this 349 that you claimed you got, trust me you may never get it again. NOR BE SWEAR. Uniben post utme is not something you can boast of scoring high. #PEACE

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
To everyone who scored between 280-310 Applying for Mbbs in South west Federal university.

You guyz should triple fold your reading effort above 320+ candidates, you really have greater work to do.

No one with 300+ will be careless to see it go down the drain.

In fact, someone who scoreed 320+ is no longer aiming for Mbbs admission, but aiming to break their school putme highest mark record.

I know 280-310 is a very great score, sadly, competition has reduce it to peanut.

And it keeps getting more competitive and bloody yearly.

To back up my claim, someone on this forum with 88% in putme, couldn't make it into UI Mbbs, because his Utme( 278) makes him 0.1 below the cutoff..

Very painful, so anyone one with less than 300, opting for UI Mbbs should please aim for 95% in putme.

We have seen 93%, the guy that had 90% in 2014 scored 240+ in Utme, so it is possible.

Let me drop a bad news, hundreds of 300+ mark wasted last year among UI Mbbs aspirants alone due to competition.

And I am sure it is same for many universities, your assignment is to make sure yours won't be part of the wasted 300+ this year.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:

This is a pretty nice score and it can almost guarantee you Medicine anywhere.

Don't be complacent and over confident too.

Goodluck and congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2020
Jerrypolo:
Medicine is medicine everywhere oga. Unical is even a federal university, I wonder why you want to change to Uniben. Your chances in Unical with 349 jamb score is like 90% compared to Uniben that I cannot even assure 50%. Let me tell you, I had over 327 in 2018 and applied for Uniben. I was disappointed and thrown to another department and here I am writing another jamb. Luckily for me, I was still able to get 315 and I'll try not to make silly mistakes this time around. Just be wise sha, if you play with this 349 that you claimed you got, trust me you may never get it again. NOR BE SWEAR. Uniben post utme is not something you can boast of scoring high. #PEACE
Bro are u an aspirant for Unical??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Helicobacter:
In all you do,do not apply unijos. My guy with 310 was sent to geology while someothers were admitted with lower scores.
Unilorin competition is fierce and she might be sent to other departments.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:
Ok, that's a great score in any school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
CentiLion:

In all you do,do not apply unijos. My guy with 310 was sent to geology while someothers were admitted with lower scores.
Unilorin competition is fierce and she might be sent to other departments.
You're right.
Unijos will not look at that score twice.
Seriously, I don't understand what is happening in Unijos currently. Since the coming of this VC, things has really changed, coupled with the fact that post utme was scraped. During my time, once you have a decent score in post utme, you're very sure of admission... People with 72% even got merit. But now, everything is chaotic. You need to have an extremely good results, before you will get in, unless you're an indigene or catchment area. Stay away from Unijos if your score is less than 320, if not... You will cry.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmyLeo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
Pocohontasboo:
Please your advice is needed, this is the final attempt cry

What Is The Latest Now?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tlmiracle: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
please join my thread. I need your opinion and advice please https://www.nairaland.com/5757453/physiotherapy-course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephaustin(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
LamaNewton:

Wow!
This is really a great score.
I really hope you don't waste this score out of preference for one school, only to regret your action tomorrow. Many persons I know are victims of this and still regret the effect(s) till date. I hope you don't be a victim.

I guess you know that admission into medicine these days is becoming as tough as you cannot imagine. As the number of applicants keep increasing with geometric progression every year, the number of medical schools in Nigeria remains constant and the quota for the available ones remains constant with no remarkable increase (if there's any at all).

As far as I know, undergraduate medical education is of very negligible (that's if there's any at all) or no difference at all in Nigerian medical schools. You can make your own enquiries/study and draw your conclusion(s) from there.

To me, the basic things I consider while selecting/suggesting a medical school include a school that:
1) has full accreditation by MDCN;
2) is able to retain the accreditation over time (not losing accreditation over a long period of time is my index for measuring this. It is not a perfect index though; so you can choose yours);
3) does not delay her students unnecessarily (imagine spending 8+ years studying the medicine your classmates in other schools spend 6+ years (with maximum of 7) to study;
4) has produced doctors who have proven their worth in the society.

Every other thing is secondary.

If you confirm you have better or even best chances in Unical than any other school, I think it's better you leave it there.

When you become a doctor, you can choose to go to Harvard Medical School and the like, if you have the money and make it into such schools, for your postgraduate studies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: morbash and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.