Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833229 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
CentiLion:

Spot on!Boss i came across supplementary list last year and 448 were admitted for mbbs. Over 100were admitted for merit list. The current 100lvl are more than 550 for a quota of 200 max. It is sickening.
The rate at which people will be withdrawn after 100L will be too much.

The funny thing is that it's only the number of students within the admission quota that will be allowed to write 2nd MBBS Professional exams.

I don't know how they will do it. That UNN is becoming something else and with the number they admitted, the cut off was too high. Many people entered by paying huge amount.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
CentiLion:

Spot on!Boss i came across supplementary list last year and 448 were admitted for mbbs. Over 100were admitted for merit list. The current 100lvl are more than 550 for a quota of 200 max. It is sickening.

UI has the best medical school in Nigeria, and highest carrying capacity for Mbbs, proven by NUC.

Yet UI with a capacity of 180, doesn't go beyond 165 for both DE, and Utme during admission process.

I understand what UNN is doing, they will admit student in their numbers, then weed them off en mass, as they go higher.

I am not in support of this kind of system.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
Pes13:

UI has the best medical school in Nigeria, and highest carrying capacity for Mbbs, proven by NUC.

Yet UI with a capacity of 180, doesn't go beyond 165 for both DE, and Utme during admission process.

I understand what UNN is doing, they will admit student in their numbers, then weed them off en mass, as they go higher.

If one looks intricately into this anomaly, one would see that it's a matter of everyone high and mighty wanting a spot for their wards, children or candidates.

If the Vice Chancellor, Prof Igwe brings his candidates, the admissions officer cannot say no, same goes for other powerful persons within the UNN. Same thing happens if the Ooni of Ife who happens to be the Chancellor there brings his candidates for admission, who is the admissions officer to decline his request?. It just goes on and on.

Don't forget the admissions officer also has his own persons that have paid "honorariums" for admission.

It's the reality. It's not as though they don't know it's wrong. They, in most instances can't just help it.

If only most of them in 100L know the sword of Damocles hangs over their heads...

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
Pes13:

You are right. Chief my main problem with UNN is still their high cutoff point. The merit for mbbs is 323,merit list comprises of merit,catchment and elds.note merit list has 112 names for mbbs, less than 55 made 323 and above. And You admit over 500 students. If you want to admit 500 student let everyone who have 300plus get admitted into med but no !210and other low scores are getting admitted into med because of connection and money while many 300ers are thrown into irrevelant courses.
UNN even lower putme eligibility cut off from 200 to 180 in a time departmental cutoff is skyrocketing . UNN is money minded.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
Slimdan360:

Might be changing to delsu
u no wahala, we gather de.....there is a group BTW.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 11:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

If one looks intricately into this anomaly, one would see that it's a matter of everyone high and mighty wanting a spot for their wards, children or candidates.

If the Vice Chancellor, Prof Igwe brings his candidates, the admissions officer cannot say no, same goes for other powerful persons within the UNN. Same thing happens if the Ooni of Ife who happens to be the Chancellor there brings his candidates for admission, who is the admissions officer to decline his request?. It just goes on and on.

Don't forget the admissions officer also has his own persons that have paid "honorariums" for admission.

It's the reality. It's not as though they don't know it's wrong. They, in most instances can't just help it.

If only most of them in 100L know the sword of Damocles hangs over their heads...
If they loose accreditation, I wonder where those people will take their children to.....UNN will loose accreditation with time if they're not careful

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Slimdan360: 12:45am On Mar 23, 2020
dunsin125:
u no wahala, we gather de.....there is a group BTW.
Ok add me to it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ademola47(m): 3:24am On Mar 23, 2020
Ui MBBS Aspirants, gather here let's know ourselves.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Nice diary you've got wink
I've been following it

Thanks dear

Lemme blush small cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
cardiologist:

How is university of enugu like, do they write post utme, and what is the chance of someone with 285

Yes, they write postutme. The post utme consists of maths, English and biology only... Each having 15 question, total of 45questions.

You have 100% chance if you can replicate this 285 in post utme.

If you really want them to give you medicine, you must make sure they are your first choice, if they are your second choice, Just forget about medicine

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
No one is talking about uniport here.. cry cry cry cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
chukwukapromise:
No one is talking about uniport here.. cry cry cry cry

How is gross treating you sire?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cardiologist(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Starfx:

Yes, they write postutme. The post utme consists of maths, English and biology only... Each having 15 question, total of 45questions.

You have 100% chance if you can replicate this 285 in post utme.

If you really want them to give you medicine, you must make sure they are your first choice, if they are your second choice, Just forget about medicine

Thanks boss, can I have your WhatsApp number, so I can contact you for more information
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:16am On Mar 24, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:
Hello Aspirants, congratulations on scaling through your UTME. See, winners embrace hard work. For this reason I've created a WhatsApp platform where the secret towards acing UNIPORT POST UTME will be discussed, and we'll be discussing as much as possible questions in the group... Any question that seems tough or challenging to you come along with them and they shall be solved. Also, all the necessary tips you need to know will be unravelled to you. Thanks and God bless you... I wish you the best of luck.

You can also tag this with your WhatsApp mobile

Yours sincerely,

A year 1 Medical student

Join by following the link below.

*Please note, strictly for science students*

https://chat(dot)whatsapp(dot)com/Diubxsa1TTr7BKTaacxcOg

Copy and paste that link, edit the 'dot' to '.'

Add me to the group please
I guess you know who I am

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:18am On Mar 24, 2020
Horlorlardaey:
you can drop yours, I'd try to message you.

Quote me when you see it. Don't forget to delete my number by the modifying the post before quoting me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:20am On Mar 24, 2020
DarkPheonix:

which course are you going for ?

Medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Ademola47:
Ui MBBS Aspirants, gather here let's know ourselves.

Long time bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Xandre:
Put in for Uniben since you said you're from Delta.

An equally cool score in the putme should get you in
Are you sure? Uniben that doesn't release cut off, and I also heard they introduced maths to their post utme and I don't like maths..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:
Hello everyone, I scored 297 in utme, I chose University of Ibadan, I am from Delta state, I have seen bogus scores from UI aspirants such as 340+,330+ etc.
Moreover, 51 students from Tbose tutorials are sitting on 300+ already, one even have upto 346. I don't even know of Team tutors, I know I can score 84+ in post utme, but I don't want a situation where I am like 0.125 below cut off mark, then I will have to settle for anthropology or any other "mumu" course like that...

That is serious
51, 300+?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Horlorlardaey: 2:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Eben331:

Quote me when you see it. Don't forget to delete my number by the modifying the post before quoting me.
seen
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JahRock: 5:55am On Mar 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

Are you sure? Uniben that doesn't release cut off, and I also heard they introduced maths to their post utme and I don't like maths..

Yes, Uniben doesn't release cut off but according to reliable sources I heard last year cut off was 74. They year before was 77.

And also the maths thing is true. I wrote their post utme last year and they said the maths was a new development then.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 7:07am On Mar 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

They do not officially release cut offs,but you'll still get to know eventually.

If you do pretty well, you'll get in.

For the Maths,it's something you can work on...

In my time though,there wasn't any Maths.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Hey guys that there is no more catchment for federal universities so strive hard you can make it.....!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2020
cardiologist:

Thanks boss, can I have your WhatsApp number, so I can contact you for more information

You are welcome sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:
Hello everyone, I scored 297 in utme, I chose University of Ibadan, I am from Delta state, I have seen bogus scores from UI aspirants such as 340+,330+ etc.
Moreover, 51 students from Tbose tutorials are sitting on 300+ already, one even have upto 346. I don't even know of Team tutors, I know I can score 84+ in post utme, but I don't want a situation where I am like 0.125 below cut off mark, then I will have to settle for anthropology or any other "mumu" course like that...
Not all Tbose tutorial students are aspiring for MBBS in UI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Unical aspirant, any??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
Starfx:

How is gross treating you sire?

Fine when compared to histo... embarassed embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
David2O:
Not all Tbose tutorial students are aspiring for MBBS in UI
You are right not all, but out of these 51 with 300+, like 40 are for MBBS if I'm not mistaken
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
chukwukapromise:

Fine when compared to histo... embarassed embarassed

That histo, sometimes I forget it exists
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
Starfx:

I can't wait to be done with it mate.. It's really a pain in the @$$.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Starfx:

How's your MB prep coming up?.. Strike and this break, is sure helping you with enough time ryt?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
chukwukapromise:

How's your MB prep coming up?.. Strike and this break, is sure helping you with enough time ryt?

Well, mb prep was going smoothly until the virus struck...... I have enough time though, but I need discipline to be able to study at home...

Siblings are something else grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.