Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830233 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
MrEgghead:
Make sure you find out to be on the safer side..I witnessed a guy's admission forfeiture in UNIBEN because he was using two sittings..I felt sorry for that guy after everything he had passed through to gain admission.
Ok.....thank u very much......I will make more inquiries
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hayzed0601:

Ok......thanks.i actually have a complete result in one sitting but it is filled with 1B and 4C's.
I have another one much more better than the first one above but maths spoil it.
The school I chose(OAU)gives 10% to o'level(there is a way to calculate it based on ur grade in the five core subjects).If I use two sittings,I will have a higher percentage than using the first one with 1B and 4C's.That's what is giving me headache.
Once again,thanks bro
why not put in for a Federal University that does not lay emphasis on your O.level grades?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
OwoukoUrua:
why not put in for a Federal University that does not lay emphasis on your O.level grades?
I'm doing pre degree in OAU,so I can't pick any other uni except OAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hayzed0601:

okay . . . I see
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zico5(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hayzed0601:

Ok......thanks.i actually have a complete result in one sitting but it is filled with 1B and 4C's.
I have another one much more better than the first one above but maths spoil it.
The school I chose(OAU)gives 10% to o'level(there is a way to calculate it based on ur grade in the five core subjects).If I use two sittings,I will have a higher percentage than using the first one with 1B and 4C's.That's what is giving me headache.
Once again,thanks bro
Just want to come in, OAU accept two sittings for any course. Just go online and confirm just that I don't know if there is modulation for using two sittings. Don't allow anybody to confuse u, some graduates of OAU here will be able to guide u right.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hayzed0601:

Once again,thanks bro
You are welcome bro, I think your best choice is finding a school that doesn't use olevel and of course, a good one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by funso4life(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2020
FOR UNILAG ASPIRANTS

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2020
Zico5:

Just want to come in, OAU accept two sittings for any course. Just go online and confirm just that I don't know if there is modulation for using two sittings. Don't allow anybody to confuse u, some graduates of OAU here will be able to guide u right.
I've checked online and it said two sittings is accepted,just want to confirm because some bloggers can be so misleading.
Thank u very much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mhizfateemah(f): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hayzed0601:
can we chat on WhatsApp? am an aspirant, I want to ask a predegree student something pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hayzed0601:

I've checked online and it said two sittings is accepted,just want to confirm because some bloggers can be so misleading.
Thank u very much

I'm a Medical student in OAU and I can authoritatively tell you that OAU accepts two sittings for any course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Major0303(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2020
Our BOSSES here should tell us something about OAU post utme. Is Lamlard Bio, Phy and Chem okay for the preparation. Thank you very much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Orezy5:

I'm a Medical student in OAU and I can authoritatively tell you that OAU accepts two sittings for any course.
wow.....thanks,Is it going to be calculated just like a single sitting or there will be some deductions all in the name of two sittings.Thanks once again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mhizfateemah:
can we chat on WhatsApp? am an aspirant, I want to ask a predegree student something pls.
No problem,u can drop your whatsApp number or send it to me through mail
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hayzed0601:

wow.....thanks,Is it going to be calculated just like a single sitting or there will be some deductions all in the name of two sittings.Thanks once again

Your O'level point will be calculated like a single sitting.
All they require of you is to have credit passes in the required subjects.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
Major0303:
Our BOSSES here should tell us something about OAU post utme. Is Lamlard Bio, Phy and Chem okay for the preparation. Thank you very much

OAU's post utme isn't as difficult as most people assume. Your Lamlad texts should be enough for major study. You should also try to get OAU Predegree past questions booklets. They tend to lift questions directly from there. About 70% of my post utme questions were directly from Those Predegree booklets. Solving thousands of questions will provide you with experience and an idea of what to expect in the exam proper.

For the Aptitude Section, you should be well grounded on Nigerian Current Affairs and Also be able to do minor calculations and conversions.

You can check Google PlayStore for some Apps on Aptitude Test. They will really help.

I wish you the very best and hope to meet you in COHS OAU very soon smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hayzed0601(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Orezy5:

Your O'level point will be calculated like a single sitting.
All they require of you is to have credit passes in the required subjects.
ok......thank you very much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mhizfateemah(f): 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hayzed0601:

No problem,u can drop your whatsApp number or send it to me through mail
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Carsons(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eben331:

You mean 311 is too low for UI MBBS?
Not that it's too low. It's 'highly-average' in view of UI Mbbs competitiveness. If she is sure of getting 80+ in p.utme, she will surely meet the cut-off mark especially considering the fact that she's from ELDS.
Otherwise, she should restrain and plot her graph in another way.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Carsons:

Not that it's too low. It's 'highly-average' in view of UI Mbbs competitiveness. If she is sure of getting 80+ in p.utme, she will surely meet the cut-off mark especially considering the fact that she's from ELDS.
Otherwise, she should restrain and plot her graph in another way.

Oh okay. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Pls how much is UNN and university of Ibadan medical students school fees including professional fee.

UI medical student pls
UNN pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please anybody that know about this can help advise me, I wrote 2020 jamb and I had 254 while I applied mbbs in udus but I am now considering changing to uj because I have nice WAEC grades, 2A1 1B2 and 3B3 that's for my 5 core subjects and am also from ebonyi state (ELDs) but some people are telling me to change to dentistry that the score is poor for mbbs but some said I can get it please I need advise, if you advise me to change to dentistry I would also want you to tell me how standard uj is in dentistry /dental surgery, please I will be greatful if you can advise me on this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by pinnacletutors: 1:07am On Apr 14, 2020
PINNAKLE ACADEMY
“Stay at home” doesn’t mean, shutting yourself off academic activities.
“Stay at home” doesn’t mean, disengaging from reading and post-utme preparation.
“Stay at home” means toiling morning and night, poring through numerous books, solving questions and being assessed regularly to ascertain your level of preparation for the forthcoming university of Ibadan post-unified tertiary matriculation exam.
We at pinnakle academy have the right mentality, qualified tutors and and appropriate academic materials to genuinely inspire, mentor and ensure that aspirants secure admission into their respective course of choice in the university of Ibadan. We have consistently produced high scoring candidates in utme and in the university of Ibadan post-utme over the years.
Join our free online tutorial and gain assess to pdf materials, mnemonics, teachings, recordings and be regularly assessed.
Send “PINNAKLE ACADEMY UI” to 07035083306 to join ( whatsapp only)
Don’t procrastinate!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by veritasanay: 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
Damson22:
Pls how much is UNN and university of Ibadan medical students school fees including professional fee.

UI medical student pls
UNN pls

100 Level fees and others can be up to 120K (Acceptance Fee and Accomodation inclusive). No Professional Levy in 100L

200L & 300L there is Health Professional Levy of 75K to be added to your fees (it might be add up to 150k -hostel accommodation inclusive)

400L - 600L Professional Levy of 100K applies
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DonJ7(m): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hello Senior colleagues in the house..

Pls i need ur advice ...

D.E 200L Dentistry or 100L Medicine.

Don't vex pls, just seeking an enlightenment...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 8:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
DonJ7:

Pls i need ur advice ...

Anyone that works out and go with your heart

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2020
Please anybody that know about this can help advise me, I wrote 2020 jamb and I had 254 while I applied mbbs in udus but I am now considering changing to uj because I have nice WAEC grades, 2A1 1B2 and 3B3 that's for my 5 core subjects and am also from ebonyi state (ELDs) but some people are telling me to change to dentistry that the score is poor for mbbs but some said I can get it please I need advise, if you advise me to change to dentistry I would also want you to tell me how standard uj is in dentistry /dental surgery, please I will be greatful if you can advise me on this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Is change of institution form out.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephneche:
I think that score is low for mbbs, do they use waec grades in Udus
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonJ7:

Pls i need ur advice ...

It's not really about the years but the interest. Do you have interest in a particular aspect of medicine, then choose medicine and if you love the teeth, choose dentistry but the summary is this do what you will love doing .

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maid007: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonJ7:

Pls i need ur advice ...

Choose the one that interests you the most.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardeynhiyhi: 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephneche:

With that score, you'll get dentistry on Merit at UDUS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maid007: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
dunsin125:
It's not really about the years but the interest. Do you have interest in a particular aspect of medicine, then choose medicine and if you love the teeth, choose dentistry but the summary is this do what you will love doing .
It's not just about the "teeth" like the name implies...you don't spend 6 to 7 years studying just the teeth (think about it)...

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.