Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824775 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
dunsin125:
if she can't afford Aau, she can't afford Ebsu.....Ebsu is more expensive.
How much is paid as school fee in AAU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Stephneche:
Please anybody that know about this can help advise me, I wrote 2020 jamb and I had 254 while I applied mbbs in udus but I am now considering changing to uj because I have nice WAEC grades, 2A1 1B2 and 3B3 that's for my 5 core subjects and am also from ebonyi state (ELDs) but some people are telling me to change to dentistry that the score is poor for mbbs but some said I can get it please I need advise, if you advise me to change to dentistry I would also want you to tell me how standard uj is in dentistry /dental surgery, please I will be greatful if you can advise me on this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Stephneche:
Please anybody that know about this can help advise me, I wrote 2020 jamb and I had 254 while I applied mbbs in udus but I am now considering changing to uj because I have nice WAEC grades, 2A1 1B2 and 3B3 that's for my 5 core subjects and am also from ebonyi state (ELDs) but some people are telling me to change to dentistry that the score is poor for mbbs but some said I can get it please I need advise, if you advise me to change to dentistry I would also want you to tell me how standard uj is in dentistry /dental surgery, please I will be greatful if you can advise me on this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mandeyy:

I don't know but it's muck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mandeyy:
medical students who are Indigenes pay N130k from 2nd year and above. It's not that expensive.
130k is much pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2020
Mandeyy:
AAU tuition is 162k per session.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 6:30am On Apr 18, 2020
exynos:

Says who?

Please don't just spew what is pun intended!

she can gain admission with her 254 to study MBBS in UJ
Please calm down sir, no one here is fighting with u. Remember she's from Ebonyi and not from the North. I'm only saying cos she may end up wasting that score. Btw, are u a student there?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 18, 2020
aboking:
AAU tuition is 162k per session.
Ok.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by exynos(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2020
Jerrypolo:
Please calm down sir, no one here is fighting with u. Remember she's from Ebonyi and not from the North. I'm only saying cos she may end up wasting that score. Btw, are u a student there?

I'm a student of UJ, a guy from her state got MBBS with same UTME score last year!

The propelling factor to being considered for admission in UJ is to have a very strong O/L grade. Aside this, you risk being admitted, even with 310...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2020
Doc. In the house, is it possible to do direct entry (DE) from MLS to mbbs. And if possible what level will one start from?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gameguy900: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Good Morning. I need your help on this one. Is it possible to change from Pharmacy to Medicine in 200level at Unilag. Pls i need your take. Have a lovely day.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
Damson22:
Doc. In the house, is it possible to do direct entry (DE) from MLS to mbbs. And if possible what level will one start from?
Yes, very possible. You'll start from 200l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2020
Gameguy900:
Good Morning. I need your help on this one. Is it possible to change from Pharmacy to Medicine in 200level at Unilag. Pls i need your take. Have a lovely day.
Honestly if I were you, I'd continue with my pharmacy and graduate then come back if I really have the passion. Pharmacy is a very nice course and you can be using your license to make money while you pursue your medicine dream. It's a win win for you, if you really wish to transfer now though, I believe there are Unilag students here who can be of help. Graciás

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2020
Jerrypolo:
Yes, very possible. You'll start from 200l

But MLS is five years course, I think it should be from 300L
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gameguy900: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jerrypolo:
Honestly if I were you, I'd continue with my pharmacy and graduate then come back if I really have the passion. Pharmacy is a very nice course and you can be using your license to make money while you pursue your medicine dream. It's a win win for you, if you really wish to transfer now though, I believe there are Unilag students here who can be of help. Graciás
Thanks for your advice. But what am seeing online about pharmacy is different. Some are saying the job is getting saturated. And am seeing graduate advising prospects not to go into pharmacy. Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Gameguy900:

Thanks for your advice. But what am seeing online about pharmacy is different. Some are saying the job is getting saturated. And am seeing graduate advising prospects not to go into pharmacy. Thank you.
As a pharmacist, you can have a shop where you sell drugs and I think someone can even use your license to have a shop too and the person will be paying you. From the little I know, you can be independent as a pharmacist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damson22:

No sir, you must start from 200l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donnurex(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damson22:
Is there any OOU mbbs student or doctor here pls signify
yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
donnurex:
yes

Pls, like how much should one be prepare for 100L for all the fee
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donnurex(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Damson22:

Pls, like how much should one be prepare for 100L for all the fee
like 350k sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 22, 2020
Damson22:

It's from 200 level for DE.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Gameguy900:

Same for medicine, but i believe if u put in your all u can make it in pharmacy. Many pharmacists i know are very very comfortable. Change to medicine if u have d passion if not i would advise u continue with pharmacy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephneche(f): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2020
exynos:

I'm a student of UJ, a guy from her state got MBBS with same UTME score last year!

The propelling factor to being considered for admission in UJ is to have a very strong O/L grade. Aside this, you risk being admitted, even with 310...

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michaeladetunde: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thank you for this thread, I believe it is very useful to share information and experiences about Medical Schools and Students in Nigeria. For current and affordable Medical Textbooks you can check Jasper Books Ltd in Lagos, the have all the Medical Books for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies. www.jasperbooks.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Impulse2020(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Good day everyone, I scored 281 in jamb this year. But I am having problems choosing between AAU and Uniben, college of medicine

The reason is because of the finances of which I can't afford in AAU... I need at least 250k to be stable in my 1st year. Which is cheaper in uniben

But I would have completely chose Uniben, but this is my 3rd time take jamb, I have 279, 270 and 281 consecutively.

I have passion for medicine

There are two options in my mind

1. Secure this is Ekpoma, and take Utme and see if I can make it in uniben, so that I don't put my eggs in one basket

2. Just take uniben post ume, if it doesn't work out write next year

I need help please

Secondly, what is uniben cut off for indigenes please I heard it's 74, while merit is 77
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Impulse2020:
Good day everyone, I scored 281 in jamb this year. But I am having problems choosing between AAU and Uniben, college of medicine

The reason is because of the finances of which I can't afford in AAU... I need at least 250k to be stable in my 1st year. Which is cheaper in uniben

But I would have completely chose Uniben, but this is my 3rd time take jamb, I have 279, 270 and 281 consecutively.

1. Secure this is Ekpoma, and take Utme and see if I can make it in uniben, so that I don't put my eggs in one basket

I need help please

Secondly, what is uniben cut off for indigenes please I heard it's 74, while merit is 77
AAU uses O'level grades and jamb score only but you said you can't avoid the money....... You can make it in uniben, just start reading now, study past questions and ask those who have entered how they did.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Impulse2020(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
dunsin125:
AAU uses O'level grades and jamb score only but you said you can't avoid the money....... You can make it in uniben, just start reading now, study past questions and ask those who have entered how they did.

What if they don't give me in uniben?

What do u think I should do??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dannonye(f): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
Impulse2020:

Go in for a med related course
You can always switch
Staying at home is never the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Impulse2020:

I need help please

I assume you're from Edo or Delta so your chances of getting MBBS with that score is low...
But that fact is you can still get Medicine with that score if you score high in the post UTME.
I know someone who had 287 in Jamb and got 77 in Putme...He had 75 agg and he got MBBS admission. He's from Edo State.

Having said that, UNIBEN will be a better choice because it's status and fees.
Even If you don't make Medicine list this year, you may accept any course with the hope of either transferring or writing another UTME to gain admission next year...

I heard they admit up to 700 students in MBBS AAU, I don't know how they do it but that doesn't mean you can easily get it there because many of them most have bought their admissions...Many of them will even be evicted later before they graduate which makes that option not palatable enough.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by igwedehxy: 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
A bit of a dilemma here.

So, my kid bro chose EKSU during Jamb registration. He has 284 as his jamb score but he is from Anambra state. Minority are of the opinion that EKSU may not admit him and even if they do, he may not graduate in due time cos they just got their accreditation and still have some batches waiting to graduate (like a backlog). Now, he is been advised to change to COOU ( formerly ANSU), reason being that he is an indegene and stands a higher chance. Both schs are state uni, do not write post jamb exams and their fee is not a problem for our family. Just want him to compete were he is assured of his admission.

Pls kindly advice him here. Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Impulse2020:

Why don't you do more research for schools that you can easily get admission.....if you are not given in uniben, I pray you are given another course though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
igwedehxy:
A bit of a dilemma here.

So, my kid bro chose EKSU during Jamb registration. He has 284 as his jamb score but he is from Anambra state. Minority are of the opinion that EKSU may not admit him and even if they do, he may not graduate in due time cos they just got their accreditation and still have some batches waiting to graduate (like a backlog). Now, he is been advised to change to COOU ( formerly ANSU), reason being that he is an indegene and stands a higher chance. Both schs are state uni, do not write post jamb exams and their fee is not a problem for our family. Just want him to compete were he is assured of his admission.

Pls kindly advice him here. Thank you.
Let him change to ANSU, check if they don't have accreditation issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.