Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832126 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
Last year BDS was new. This year, BDS already has lots of aspirants. Many that won't be admitted. In fact, there is no guarantee that all that choose BDS will be admitted, not to talk of someone who did not choose BDS but was hoping to be 'thrown' to BDS. I'm sorry, but the throw may end in applied chemistry, Edu or Microbiology. Aspirants need to stop assuming that if I did not get MBBS, I'll be given BDS or worst nursing or Mls. Those that choose MLS initially would be considered first.
In fact if you have 302 and they did not give you MBBS, udus will consider someone who has 275 that choose MLS first before considering you that has 302 for the same MLS. They believe you did not want MLS that's why you did not choose it initially, so they'll first settle those that choose it initially and only if there are still slots before they'd consider you.
True, and in Reality, there won't be Slot. All these Medical courses are Competitive.
In UNN once you didn't make the Merit list and didn't buy Shopping form to change course. Even with that 302 you will not get Agric Edu. The person might just Lose Admission Entirely.
It happened to a Friend of mine, with an Aggregate of 285,he didn't get any Admission for the year because he "Assumed"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bolaji1023(f): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
PLEASE IS UDUSOK DOING SCREENING BEFORE GIVING ADMISSION OR SHE JUST MOVE STRAIGHT TO ADMISSION WITHOUT SCREENING
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oppemipo(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Greetings everyone!

I have a question about DE,
Can a graduate of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) get Direct Entry to study MBBS in the same university(oau). Please if you have additional information, kindly help a brother. Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
oppemipo:
Greetings everyone!

I have a question about DE,
Can a graduate of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) get Direct Entry to study MBBS in the same university(oau). Please if you have additional information, kindly help a brother. Thank you
Ofcourse you can..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
is there any unizik medic here

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
Udus will tell you their merit is 280, but if you believe that shii, then you're on a long journey to applied chemistry.
Truth is 287 is supposed to be enough, but the issue is that with 287, you may be the 10th on the list for MBBS from kogi and maybe God helps you only top 5 are admitted then you'd be left with no choice than to manage Agric, Edu etc.
I hate to tell people to change course, but except you're confident and you have terrestrial backings, I'm sorry to say your 287 may not be enough.
During the last admission process, only 4 kogi students were admitted via jamb, the rest made it in via Matric and I'm not sure their totality is up to 8. I can suggest BDS, Pharmacy, MLS, and Nursing. Those courses have a good number of Kogites with scores in this range and less of yours.
you've said all already.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by trevorhorace(m): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2020
Please what chance do I stand for BDS in UI with 260 jamb score.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Okesilas15: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2020
Message me through 07066176003 for affordable prices ,soft copies of any textbook you want.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
trevorhorace:
Please what chance do I stand for BDS in UI with 260 jamb score.
Score 86 in post ume and it's a done deal

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:
I want to ask something .
I did change of institution from a university to another university. JAMB has sent my details to the school and I have registered for post utme.

Can I change to another school? while I haven't written the one I changed to post utme? when I want to be given admission in the first school I changed to will it appear on caps even if I had made a second change(caps is suppose to notify you that you've been admitted into any institution whether you choose or didn't choose them?). I hope someone understands this question
1understand your question because I have been in a similar situation

1. Yes,you can still change to another school,provided the new school you want to change to hasn't closed registration for post utme and won't close registration in the next two weeks because It takes about 2 weeks for jamb and the uni to accept your transfer(Pls this is from what I experienced,I stand to be corrected)

2. I didn't get the second part of your question.
Have you done postutme screening/exam for the first school already?
If yes,you'll see your letter of admission on the school portal,but you won't see it on caps.
You'll only see the admission status of the current uni you changed to on your caps.

Hope you're clear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
1understand your question because I have been in a similar situation

1. Yes,you can still change to another school,provided the new school you want to change to hasn't closed registration for post utme and won't close registration in the next two weeks because It takes about 2 weeks for jamb and the uni to accept your transfer(Pls this is from what I experienced,I stand to be corrected)

2. I didn't get the second part of your question.
Have you done postutme screening/exam for the first school already?
If yes,you'll see your letter of admission on the school portal,but you won't see it on caps.
You'll only see the admission status of the current uni you changed to on your caps.

Hope you're clear.

Ok thank you Alexaonfleek for answering my question. I just wanted to be sure. I'm am yet to write my current school's post utme.
The school I want to change to is still on sale, reg closes in 3 weeks. If I effect a change it will be my second (and I heard it can only be done twice). My fear is after doing this second change then the other gives me admission which will not reflect on caps but just on the school's portal. If I do a third change backto the 1st school that offered me admission, will it work since they are saying change of institution can only be done twice, and if it works and reverts back to my previous school and now become visible on caps, since accepting admission on caps is very compulsory.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oluwaseun1995: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:

Ok thank you Alexaonfleek for answering my question. I just wanted to be sure. I'm am yet to write my current school's post utme.
The school I want to change to is still on sale, reg closes in 3 weeks. If I effect a change it will be my second (and I heard it can only be done twice). My fear is after doing this second change then the other gives me admission which will not reflect on caps but just on the school's portal. If I do a third change backto the 1st school that offered me admission, will it work since they are saying change of institution can only be done twice, and if it works and reverts back to my previous school and now become visible on caps, since accepting admission on caps is very compulsory.

Bro, why not have faith in God and stick to the one you feel you have a better chance of being admitted... Change of Institution can only be done twice. If you go for another change of Institution now, that'd be all for you for this year.

So bro, please strategize well sir and go for the one you are likely to have a better odd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:

After this change of institution you do, you CANNOT do change of institution again for this year for any school.
So you'll have to decide which is best for you right now.
Whether to change to your original 1st choice and hope that they'll give you admission or take the risk to change to your third uni and try your possible best to beat cutoff.
If you're so confident that the first school you chose will give you admission,why are you still changing uni?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DRPAIT123(m): 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good day house.
Given that OAU just got back its accreditation for Dentistry, I figured out that it might not be included in this year's admission, but on the flip side, since its been more than 5months ago, I feel it could have been added already, because I really want to change from pharmacy to Dentistry OAU, pls if anyone here has an idea about this, kindly help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:

it's okay to be scared or unsure of your chances in a school.

However letting it weaken your resolve to get admitted is not allowed.

Whatever school you decide to stick with will require some work on your own part.

Take a deep breath, think clearly and pray about it.

After deciding on which to go for, burn the proverbial boat and declare war against the Putme of that school.

No going back.

No room for dilly-dallying.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
NewSoul:

The school I want to change to is still on sale, reg closes in 3 weeks. If I effect a change it will be my second (and I heard it can only be done twice). My fear is after doing this second change then the other gives me admission which will not reflect on caps but just on the school's portal. If I do a third change back to the 1st school that offered me admission, will it work since they are saying change of institution can only be done twice, and if it works and reverts back to my previous school and now become visible on caps, since accepting admission on caps is very compulsory.

Sorry to say but you sound very confused. Sounds like you're trying to create a win-win situation and to be honest it's weirdly funny how you're going about it

Why all the multiple changes? Make up your mind, read hard and shoot your best shot.

I don't mean to sound harsh but guy stop jumping from school to school, dashing jamb money for COC.

post your score, school and state of origin and let people advise you. Pick one of the schools advised and slug it out via hard work. Worse case scenario you fail, you won't be the first, it won't be the death of you. This your technique might lead to you losing on all fronts, hence back to where you're running away from in the first instance.

Just an advice, feel free to do what you're doing. I hope it works for you

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
DRPAIT123:
Good day house.
Given that OAU just got back its accreditation for Dentistry, I figured out that it might not be included in this year's admission, but on the flip side, since its been more than 5months ago, I feel it could have been added already, because I really want to change from pharmacy to Dentistry OAU, pls if anyone here has an idea about this, kindly help
They would definitely admit students into Dentistry this year if they now have full accreditation for it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DRPAIT123(m): 12:27am On Aug 20, 2020
MrEgghead:
They would definitely admit students into Dentistry this year if they now have full accreditation for it..
Thanks sir, God bless
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
is there any unizik medic here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2020
Yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2020
yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dsplendid: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
yes sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Dsplendid post=93023711][/quote] is it true that you you get four chances for each MB exam at nnewi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

U said that you are in 100 level abi? Come on don't spill rubbish you are a pre-med student not a medical student yet. Don't complain they switched your course to biochemistry or Anatomy. Even Ebsu medicine is safer than UYO. I prefer to go to a school with 75 quota and above than going for one with 50. We must be watchful. Although I pray you will scale through
I know the post is not recent but whenever I make some searches on nairaland about MBBS and stuffs and come across this post, damn, I always feel somehow towards zeeknow3245. I think you should edit off this post....it's such a bad thing for someone with no admission yet into any school and who can only dream of gaining admission to study MBBS even in the least competitive schools in this country to say to an MBBS student. And then you added that he should pray they don't switch him to anatomy or biochemistry. That's harsh. Considering the fact that he said nothing bad. He only said what he has confirmed by being a student of the school.

.. people dey this life sha.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DRPAIT123(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
drvt:
you've said all already.
hello boss, I read through the trend and saw comments on UDUS, I will like to know their modalities for admission, is it just UTME or UTME and Post-UTME.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
DRPAIT123:
hello boss, I read through the trend and saw comments on UDUS, I will like to know their modalities for admission, is it just UTME or UTME and Post-UTME.
Thanks
utme only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DRPAIT123(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
drvt:
utme only.
thanks man,
Pls can I have your WhatsApp contact, I have got some other stuff to ask you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
HumanCalc:
I know the post is not recent but whenever I make some searches on nairaland about MBBS and stuffs and come across this post, damn, I always feel somehow towards zeeknow3245. I think you should edit off this post....it's such a bad thing for someone with no admission yet into any school and who can only dream of gaining admission to study MBBS even in the least competitive schools in this country to say to an MBBS student. And then you added that he should pray they don't switch him to anatomy or biochemistry. That's harsh. Considering the fact that he said nothing bad. He only said what he has confirmed by being a student of the school.

.. people dey this life sha.
And you felt it right to quote me? Na wa for naija but did I lie about biochemistry and Anatomy? Let us be sincere here. It is harsh for me to tell him to choose biochemistry,physiology or Anatomy? I wouldn't comment more than this. Just to dig in and find comment come off it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
DRPAIT123:
thanks man,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
DRPAIT123:
thanks man,

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.