Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823512 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
samuelpeters:

That one is UNILORIN. Around 2015, UNN transfer fee was just 70k. It was later increased to 170k+ I'm sure its not up to 200k irrespective of courses sha..
Mind you, i know there will MUST be some connections here and there na grin
That was why i said " the person will have to visit the proposed university and check if there's space etal"
exactly where I'm driving at..but mehnnn you gas be very connected for things like that.. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good evening Everyone,I have some questions to ask.

Is it possible to go for a US elective while in a Nigerian Medical School?

If you have done it from Nigeria before or know someone who has please reply.

I want to know if it's possible to do, in this tight Nigerian Medical educational Setting.

Thanks as I look forward to your replies
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Mandeyy:
It's acceptable, although it's not easy.
okey boss, though I have seen a lecturer's son who wanted to transfer from Delsu to AAU in 400l but AAU said they can't accept transfer in 400l.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 10:17am On Oct 06, 2020
hi guys I wanna ask a question: pls can I use the O'level I used to gain admission last year to register for next jamb?... I'm currently in 100lev bt I'm considering next jamb (mbbs)...can I use the same O'level I used to gain admission? note I wrote my waec in 2017...nd what is the validity of O'level?....I need a sincere ANS pls.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Lordsagna:
hi guys I wanna ask a question: pls can I use the O'level I used to gain admission last year to register for next jamb?... I'm currently in 100lev bt I'm considering next jamb (mbbs)...can I use the same O'level I used to gain admission? note I wrote my waec in 2017...nd what is the validity of O'level?....I need a sincere ANS pls.
You can use it, O'Level have no expiry date. It is valid for life.

Most agency or institution that put a cap of O' Level do so to vet age owing to how people change their age in this country. However, for admission purpose, O'Level is valid for life except stated otherwise by your intending institution.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SESARS: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please who has successfully registered for unizik DE. I have been trying to register but the site is not responding. I used my phone (chrome). I have been able to create account but to proceed is becoming a problem.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
ejehijustice:
You can use it, O'Level have no expiry date. It is valid for life.

Most agency or institution that put a cap of O' Level do so to vet age owing to how people change their age in this country. However, for admission purpose, O'Level is valid for life except stated otherwise by your intending institution.

Alright sir... I'm grateful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 7:35am On Oct 07, 2020
SESARS:
Please who has successfully registered for unizik DE. I have been trying to register but the site is not responding. I used my phone (chrome). I have been able to create account but to proceed is becoming a problem.
Pls can i get your number, i need to ask u some questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SESARS: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Gemineye:
Pls can i get your number, i need to ask u some questions

Modified
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2020
SESARS:

Please remove before you quote this.
Done
Will send u a pm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dukeprince50: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2020
Jolene201:
ok.thanks..
Jolene, is that ur name or the moniker was inspired from something?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
SESARS:

Modified
Pls is that your whatsapp number, it didn't show
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adenols: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
Pls how many years does it take to study medicine and surgery and how demanding is it �..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SESARS: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
Gemineye:
Pls is that your whatsapp number, it didn't show
Not on WhatsApp for now. I will respond to your mail when I get home.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Adenols:
Pls how many years does it take to study medicine and surgery and how demanding is it �..
In Nigeria, normally it takes 6 years (+ X years: where the prevailing circumstances are beyond one's control viz ASUU strike, Repeats, MDCAN strikes, Accreditation issues) to finish the academic work of Medicine and Surgery.

You have to be smart and consistent to study Medicine not necessarily brilliant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
Adenols:
6 years if your school is fully accredited and is not affected by strike. You can spend as much as 11 years as the current medical students of IMSU and yes, medicine is very demanding because..
1. It has to do with life
2. You are to cover a lot of work in a very small time.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 08, 2020
please, I have question to ask.
if someone fails two out of the three course in one's 1st MBBS exam in unical, does one still has chance to write it again or repeat the class?

or if one fails one out of the three, what will happen?

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 3:30am On Oct 08, 2020
CynthiaSonia:
please, I have question to ask.
if someone fails two out of the three course in one's 1st MBBS exam in unical, does one still has chance to write it again or repeat the class?

or if one fails one out of the three, what will happen?

You should your school,MB policy

Like in UNN the former policy was that if you fail 1 or 2 you CAN resit the two exams in September,if you fail them again,you are leaving med school.

Now,it is only one attempt,if you fail one or two you are leaving automatically,no more resit in UNN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by feelme2020: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2020
These are the top scholarships for medical students
To find out more go to
http://scholarshipavenue.com.ng/

Top PhD Scholarships in Medicine for African Students in 2020

Are you a medical student looking to further your studies abroad without having to worry about the financial implications? Then you’re only a few steps away from making that dream a reality. Simply apply for the top PhD scholarships in Medicine for African students and you’ll be on your way. However, note that because this list is in-exhaustible, it is subject to updates.

1. PhD Tuition Fee Scholarship at Australian National University in 2021
The Australian National University is inviting applications for the ANU PhDTuition Fee Scholarship for International Students in 2021. Worth of Award: Full funding. Deadline: Application is ongoing. Click here for more details and to apply.

2. Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students in China 2021
The University Grants Committee in Partnership with the Research Grants Council (RGC) is inviting applications for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students in China 2021. Worth of Award: Full funding. Deadline: December 1, 2020, at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00. Click here for more details and to apply.

3. Doctoral Scholarship at Massey University in New Zealand 2021
Massey University in New Zealand is inviting applications for the Doctoral Scholarships available to full-time and part-time candidates enrolled in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych) or Doctor of Social Work (DSW) in 2021. This is own of the top PhD scholarships in Medicine for African students. Worth of Award: Full funding. Deadline: October 1, 2020. Click here for more details and to apply.

4. PhD Scholarship in Neuroscience for International Students at SWC in UK 2021
Sainsbury Wellcome Center in the UK is inviting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Experimental Theoretical Systems Neuroscience for International Students in 2021. Worth of Award: Full funding. Deadline: November 15, 2020, midnight (GMT). Click here for more details and to apply.

5. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Global Leader Programme in Japan 2021
The Japan International Cooperation Agency invites applications for the sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Global Leader Programme in 2021. Worth of Award: Full funding. Deadline: October 9, 2020. Click here for more details and to apply.

To find out more go to
http://scholarshipavenue.com.ng/

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

Like in UNN the former policy was that if you fail 1 or 2 you CAN resit the two exams in September,if you fail them again,you are leaving med school.

Now,it is only one attempt,if you fail one or two you are leaving automatically,no more resit in UNN
Haaa
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Please, is there any Ondo State medical University student here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Kdtrey5:
why will one transfer from unn to ebsu
The uncertainty in UNN is enormous.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

Now,it is only one attempt,if you fail one or two you are leaving automatically ,no more resit in UNN

This is strong shocked
The uncertainty in the system could be the reason why that fellow had to transfer to EBSU.

Is it that they over admit students and try to cut down the population at all cost?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Abcruz:

This is strong shocked
The uncertainty in the system could be the reason why that fellow had to transfer to EBSU.

Is it that they over admit students and try to cut down the population at all cost?
Yes. They admitted too much plus those that transferred from other departments to medicine and dentistry. Even pharmacy is facing that issue. When i was in 2nd year, my friend in biological sciences transferred to pharmacy and they were almost 498+ and they can't graduate more than 180. So they will make the rules strict and drop so many people on the way.
Med school now is one attempt or you leave. They are also looking at increasing pass mark to 60. Maybe they have implementated that one sef.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

Yes. They admitted too much plus those that transferred from other departments to medicine and dentistry. Even pharmacy is facing that issue. When i was in 2nd year, my friend in biological sciences transferred to pharmacy and they were almost 498+ and they can't graduate more than 180. So they will make the rules strict and drop so many people on the way.
Med school now is one attempt or you leave. They are also looking at increasing pass mark to 60. Maybe they have implementated that one sef.
UNN is becoming a dubious school with their money making mentality..The huge number of students admitted is all about making profits.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

Mehnn this unhealthy competition is so unfair. I've never heard anything of such until now.

By the way, does the rule only apply to 300level MB exam?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Abcruz:

Mehnn this unhealthy competition is so unfair. I've never heard anything of such until now.

By the way, does the rule only apply to 300level MB exam?
I think so. Because that is where there is a big opportunity to drop as many as possible.

This last MB ehhh...chai people failed and those that scaled through sef, the lecturers in clinical class are complaining they are too much. So they will stil look for a way to tackle it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

I think so. Because that is where there is a big opportunity to drop as many as possible.

This last MB ehhh...chai people failed and those that scaled through sef, the lecturers in clinical class are complaining they are too much. So they will stil look for a way to tackle it.

If the lecturers themselves were subjected to this same condition in the time of their training, how many of them would've graduated?

A certain lecturer in my school, in a bid to encourage us, never fails to make mention of how he repeated severally in med school before becoming a doctor against all odds.

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Abcruz:

If the lecturers themselves were subjected to this same condition in the time of their training, how many of them would've graduated?

A certain lecturer in my school, in a bid to encourage us, never fails to make mention of how he repeated severally in med school before becoming a doctor against all odds.
Thats it sha...
Those that will graduate will graduate but it will require extra effort.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

shocked shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

ahhh, this is strong ooo.
but pls, do u know about that of unical's MBBS policy?

or anyone who knows should pls tell me.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

If only those innocent people in 100L know what's up...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.