Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834732 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 7:32am On Jan 18, 2021
ejehijustice:
You understand what I mean. ABU criteria for merit is 2 per state irrespective of your score which is unfair.
It used to be 1 per state in our days. Very silly rule. ABU is a useless school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

I've said my own. You will understand years to come.
Medicine isn't the only course. Especially those of you with low self esteem thinking medicine will help you overcome it.
The depression medical students go into, the regrets some medical doctors have etc.
I'm saying think carefully, be real and think so you don't see you have been chasing shadows all along.
Lol... I have spare time so I'll reply this too

Although you're entitled to give advice to whomever you want to, however it becomes misplaced and a nuisance when nobody asked for it.

Also, any medical student in recent times who isn't aware of the travails of med school with all the enlightenment around, has him or herself to blame. It's been resounded over and over that med school is hard and draining. I'm sure everyone of us knows it by now

Finally, regrets?.... LMAO. Is there any choice that doesn't come with a possibility of regrets? Is there any course where students are all fulfilled after studying it?
You make it seem like regrets as a doctor are the only kind in the world.
People regret studying other courses more often than doctors do for studying medicine. So that statement makes no sense.
Also, can you guarantee I won't regret not studying medicine?

I'm gonna add that I don't get why you're so bothered about other people's depression, regrets, low self-esteem.... Makes me think you're either depressed, having regrets or your self-esteem is low.

Here's my advice to you, as appreciation for the numerous advices you've been dropping; Stop. Stop spending your time obsessing about medical students and doctors, they aren't worth shit. They don't have their life set. Their dreams won't be fulfilled just because they're doctors. You can do better at whatever you're doing. And if what you're doing isn't fulfilling enough, Stop!. Stop whatever you're doing and pick a UTME form, read like hell and get into medicine.
You gain absolutely nothing trolling the students here, they don't care, I don't, I find it amusing and could have ignored it easily. I'm here wondering why you care so much about our problems, you can't be that benevolent with your time.
It's sad seeing you make up assumptions just to discourage future aspirants. Seriously, get your act together, you're better than this.

19 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You really sound pained.
Medicine has and would never be an option for me. I see it as stressing oneself.
The advice I gave might not be for you, but someone would key into it. I know what I'm saying.
Okay dude... Have a great time then

I don talk finish cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You really sound pained.
Medicine has and would never be an option for me. I see it as stressing oneself.
The advice I gave might not be for you, but someone would key into it. I know what I'm saying.
grin grin
Here it is; "Medicine would never be an option."
Good for you!
Desire and passion is highly subjective!

Now allow others be the judge of their own choices.

©️2021.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

3 Million naira per year for 5years.Hmm.
She better start preparing for USMLE.
But why not Babcock or Afe Babalola? That igbinedion isn't a totally serious school
Itz a scholarship

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You really sound pained.
I
I grasp you bro but you know this is a medical Aspirant thread. They will give you every reason to believe medicine is all in all, and they are right for that since it is a medical student thread.
I don't really love Medicine for humans just the fame until I worked with a vet for months now.
My dad died years back and it spurred me to go for Medicine coupled with reading this thread. I said I wanted to be a cardiologist and help people with heart issues but that's not a true decision.
I felt disappointed and I still love helping people. Then last year September I made my final decision of Veterinary medicine,follow my heart then I switched from medicine to it.
Personally speaking I love Agriculture and I have been doing it for sometime spurred me to pick the course.
I also realised If I work hard enough I could help those with heart issues by giving some money to Doctors for treatment. I could even run a Non-profit if God provides more for me later in Life.
Everybody has what is moving him or her.
They are few reasons
* Seeing a loved one suffer or die of Health issues
* Job availability
*Prestige
*Money
* Doing it for a long time
I kindly advise you to move your opinion and advice to another thread to avoid ill feelings. Anyways kudos to you

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 11:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

I only gave my opinions. Helpful opinion cos, many wish to be told but then it's too late after they've wasted all their years chasing mirage. Didn't force no one.
I understand you.
Just that you are giving the right opinion, at the wrong time(most aspirants are sitting for their post-UME or about to) and wrong place(they all want Medicine and Medical related courses).

The right time is always during JAMB registration and immediately after the exam.

But in all, I believe it is noted already.

©️2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

You really sound pained.
You're obviously suffering from inferiority complex. Every man is bound to make his choices and lives to bear the prons and cons. You don't see MBBS students troll over other students in the medical sciences but you wanabees will always come up with one or two facallies to discourage them..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
I
I grasp you bro but you know this is a medical Aspirant thread. They will give you every reason to believe medicine is all in all, and they are right for that since it is a medical student thread.
I initially love Medicine for humans until I worked with a vet for months now.
My dad died years back and it spurred me to go for Medicine coupled with reading this thread. I said I wanted to be a cardiologist and help people with heart issues. I read hard for Jamb three years consecutive. I wrote in my state and never fell short off 275. I was told I could get it if I paid money but I refused.
I felt disappointed and I still love helping people. Then last year September I read of Veterinary medicine then I switched from medicine to it.
Personally speaking I love Agriculture and I have been doing it for sometime spurred me to pick the course.
I also realised If I work hard enough I could help those with heart issues by giving some money to Doctors for treatment. I could even run a Non-profit if God provides more for me later in Life.
Everybody has what is moving him or her.
They are few reasons
* Seeing a loved one suffer or die of Health issues
* Job availability
*Prestige
*Money
* Doing it for a long time
I kindly advise you to move your opinion and advice to another thread to avoid ill feelings. Anyways kudos to you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrEgghead:
A full stop? Just troll me bro it ain't hard
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
You really feel indifferent about medicine and you spend every second of your time on the medical thread seeking the slightest opportunity to pour negativity and fustration on aspirants, using same fustration in giving prejudiced advise? This is a new kind of obsession. This thread is losing it's purpose.

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Supib1997(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Any UI aspirants here

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Supib1997(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=Supib1997 post=98189486]Any UI aspirants here[/quote
Ok

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
hello medics in the house. I'm rigorously preparing for 2021 UTME which might kickstart anytime soon. I need advice from you all. method of preparation, relevant books to prepare with. thanks. I'm aiming to get atleast 330 this year. your advice here will go a long way to help me through. thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
brain02:
hello medics in the house. I'm rigorously preparing for 2021 UTME which might kickstart anytime soon. I need advice from you all. method of preparation, relevant books to prepare with. thanks. I'm aiming to get atleast 330 this year. your advice here will go a long way to help me through. thanks in advance.
Cc Donpre
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
Supib1997:
Any UI aspirants here
Hello
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
brain02:
Yes boss. God will see you through. My advice will not be too much but brief.
Medicine is a good course and I repeat extremely difficult to get if you don't get a good mark. Before I will go to the reading side, I hope your O'level is not below B3 to avoid even more difficulties. I do not say you can't get it with C's but it is quite tasking.
On the Reading aspect I will suggest some books to use:
You can get the Lamlad Series ; Physics, chemistry,Biology which is important. In Lagos it cost over 2500 per book it might be cheaper.
The above book is used for answering questions and get a concise definition of terms.
Next get past questions for the three subjects listed above. This will be to answer questions mainly.
For English Get the "Invisible Teacher" by Dele Ashade it is quite expensive.
OR
Get the list of books below:
* Comprehensive Biology, Comprehensive Physics and Comprehensive Chemistry.
The books above are used to give a concise definition of terms
I am sure you have either New school Chemistry or Essential Chemistry, New school Physics or Essential Physics and Modern Biology or Essential Biology. Use this books alongside the Comprehensive Book series to enjoy and get indepth knowledge.
For the Reading Time, 2hrs a day for each subject to make your Brain work faster.
For example You can Read Physics for like 1p.m to 3.pm and answer the questions.
Make sure you sleep then you can do English from around 10 pm to 12pm.
Make sure you do a tough subject and an easy one.
God will see you through.
UI will not appear on Jamb for 2021 jamb from news I got.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Yes boss. God will see you through. My advice will not be too much but brief.
Medicine is a good course and I repeat extremely difficult to get if you don't get a good mark. Before I will go to the reading side, I hope your O'level is not below B3 to avoid even more difficulties. I do not say you can't get it with C's but it is quite tasking.
On the Reading aspect I will suggest some books to use:
You can get the Lamlad Series ; Physics, chemistry,Biology which is important. In Lagos it cost over 2500 per book it might be cheaper.
The above book is used for answering questions and get a concise definition of terms.
Next get past questions for the three subjects listed above. This will be to answer questions mainly.
For English Get the "Invisible Teacher" by Dele Ashade it is quite expensive.
OR
Get the list of books below:
* Comprehensive Biology, Comprehensive Physics and Comprehensive Chemistry.
The books above are used to give a concise definition of terms
I am sure you have either New school Chemistry or Essential Chemistry, New school Physics or Essential Physics and Modern Biology or Essential Biology. Use this books alongside the Comprehensive Book series to enjoy and get indepth knowledge.
For the Reading Time, 2hrs a day for each subject to make your Brain work faster.
For example You can Read Physics for like 1p.m to 3.pm and answer the questions.
Make sure you sleep then you can do English from around 10 pm to 12pm.
Make sure you do a tough subject and an easy one.
God will see you through.
UI will not appear on Jamb for 2021 jamb from news I got.
amen. thanks chief! I have some of the books you list above. God bless you plenty.

for the reading aspect I'm ready to take up the challenge. it's not a easy road though..I pray God sees me through at the end. thanks once again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

Anything to make u sleep better at night. Inferiority complex indeed.
You're just a pained Nurse or Nursing student, whosoever you are. We all know 80% of guys in your class wanted Medicine, so I'm not surprised.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrEgghead:
You're just a pained Nurse or Nursing student, whosoever you are. We all know 80% of guys in your class wanted Medicine, so I'm not surprised.
Oga you said you won't Troll anybody na just calm down and move on
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
yunqdady:

U always cry all over Nairaland. Cry me a river. 80%, which research did you conduct to arrive at this? Uniben has gone to the dogs cos I can't believe you are a her student with this nasty attitude.
Why you act so pained is beyond me, I guess the truth of the reality hurts.
You will soon come to reality.
Bro you need to calm down and let things slide. I had these mentality of yours bro. Maybe that's the reason I decided to move out of human care.
There's nothing bad being a Radiographer, Physiotherapist, Nurse or anything as long as you feel happy about it.
Once again I respect your opinion Sir but this Medical thread won't let you go Contrary grin.
*Nurses quarrel with Doctors
*Radiographers against Radiologists
* Optometrist against Ophthalmologist
* Lab Scientist against Pathologist
JOHESU against NMA and so on.
Doctor are trying we can't rule that out and they deserve more pay than any other health care giver.
I thank God my Profession is under the Ministry of Agriculture. I could go private if I like or work with govt if it pleases me.
If you don't want to have problems you can as well stay out of Human care and go elsewhere.
Godspeed!!!!!
I wish Medical student could be more accommodating though.
MrEggHead remember you were once a science student so be more accommodating
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
brain02:
Someone asked this same question a couple days ago, going back one or 2 pages should give you a lot of answers.

Good luck bro!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrEgghead:
Please stop that!
This thread is for ALL medical students. I hate it when people say " All of you wanted Medicine."

We all wanted medicine because our secondary schools lack information. Most of us do not know about MLS, Physiotherapy and Radiography, then maybe Nursing and Pharmacy until we started sitting for JAMB etal. We only know Medicine and had built a passion around it before we "Fvcked it" and move on to other courses.

So don't rub it on anyone's face here.

©️2021.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Bro you need to calm down and let things slide. I had these mentality of yours bro. Maybe that's the reason I decided to move out of human care.
There's nothing bad being a Radiographer, Physiotherapist, Nurse or anything as long as you feel happy about it.
Once again I respect your opinion Sir but this Medical thread won't let you go Contrary grin.
*Nurses quarrel with Doctors
*Radiographers against Radiologists
* Optometrist against Ophthalmologist
* Lab Scientist against Pathologist
JOHESU against NMA and so on.
Doctor are trying we can't rule that out and they deserve more pay than any other health care giver.
I thank God my Profession is under the Ministry of Agriculture. I could go private if I like or work with govt if it pleases me.
If you don't want to have problems you can as well stay out of Human care and go elsewhere.
Godspeed!!!!!
I wish Medical student could be more accommodating though.
MrEggHead remember you were once a science student so be more accommodating
Is that why you left human Medicine entirely?

I always advice students to know what each course in the medical field could fetch them. So they don't graduate and start fighting up and down.
The fight in the health sector is the fault all professionals in it.
JOHESU are correct in some aspect and failed in some other, same with NMA. But no one wants to admit their faults.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Everybody should calm down abeg.

There's no point to this ruckus, afterall when the pandemic hit, neither doctors, nurses, MLS, radiograhers etc in this country could do shit.

Maybe instead of arguing and ending up not making sense, we all should put our ego into getting better as healthcare practitioners.
Its disappointing seeing people who still won't be able to do sh!t when the next pandemic hit argue about which course is and isn't supreme.

I'd expect the discussion here right now to be about how the mRNA vaccine works and possible side effects but this is Nigeria, only stupid discussions/arguments can be found even amongst scholars

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
samuelpeters:

Please stop that!
This thread is for ALL medical students. I hate it when people say " All of you wanted Medicine."

We all wanted medicine because our secondary schools lack information. Most of us do not know about MLS, Physiotherapy and Radiography, then maybe Nursing and Pharmacy until we started sitting for JAMB etal. We only know Medicine and had built a passion around it before we "Fvcked it" and move on to other courses.

So don't rub it on anyone's face here.

©️2021.

The truth is really bitter and the realities are on ground..You fvcked it but you still come to troll it..That's my point. If they don't come to throw tantrums at medical students, Nobody will say anyone's inferior..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
MrEgghead:
The truth is really bitter and the realities are on ground..You fvcked it but you still come to troll it..That's my point. If they don't come to throw tantrums at medical students, Nobody will say anyone's inferior..
Who are the Medical students, if I may ask?

Medicine? Dentistry or All Medical courses?

©️2021.

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.