Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1840422 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2021
anastasius:

God bless you!
Please, you jambites should read this and digest. If Doctor dey hungry you, you can get a doctorate in your chosen profession.

If you are business minded and want healthy biz, go for pharmacy
If you are Ben Carson like(you love surgery and believe you are destined) , go for MBBS
If your aim is to leave Nigeria the easiest way, go for nursing,
Go for Radiography if you are biophysically inclined
Go for Med Lab, if you are investigatively inclined..
I don't see the need for Vet Med, all Vet Meds in Nigeria I know would discourage anyone from going into it.
Stay away from Biochemistry, Anatomy or those basic medical sciences.

I thought you were knowleidgeable bro until you displayed ignorance now.
I work with A vet per time. I can tell you She makes your salary a week. She has her personal business and also works with NAQS. To enlighten you more bro. Vets and Pharmacist are the only licenced professions to import drugs. Also a vet is the only individual Licenced to import Animals and certain vaccines.
Oh because you see Animal scientists running about looking for Money? Even dog breeders can rake 500k per month minimum. You don't know shit bro.
There are less than 10000 vets in Nigeria. No school can churn out more than 45 vet because it is too hard bro.
You can continue fighting with Docs and become their side chickgrin.
Vets don't really care about working with govt because we mostly work privately.
I currently run a poultry and boy I can tell you what I make annually and a fishery.
You think Veterinary is Dog and cat?gringrin. Livestock is our money bro. Just chill and side chick your Doc.
We are not under Ministry of Health. So you JOHESU boy can fight with NMA.gringrin
Check Bala Muhammad or Blueblood vet.
Only importation of drugs sef will rake you nothing less than 300k if you no want import sef.
I am currently shadowing a vet here and
I know this. Ask Pharmacist dem go tell you.gringrin

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I work with A vet per time. I can tell you She makes your salary a week. She has her personal business and also works with NAQS. To enlighten you more bro. Vets and Pharmacist are the only licenced professions to import drugs. Also a vet is the only individual Licenced to import Animals and certain vaccines.
Oh because you see Animal scientists running about looking for Money? Even dog breeders can rake 500k per month minimum. You don't know shit bro.
There are less than 10000 vets in Nigeria. No school can churn out more than 45 vet because it is too hard bro.
Vets don't care about working for I that is why we work privately.
Only importation of drugs sef will rake you nothing less than 300k if you no want import sef.
Bro, I'm only judging from all what my vet friends said. None of them would everly encourage anyone to go into vet in Nigeria.
Na naija spoil all these courses, not like they're not good.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
David2O:

A real medical aspirant does not give up easily. We already know the struggles ahead yet, we move. We are resilient and determined. Their clamours and rants can't lift a rock.

They are well informed boss. This issue has been on ground for long. Those before us have tackled them, they didn't listen and can never. It's either jealousy, envy or hatred.

Our responses will continue to prolong this controversy. Don't you think it's time we started using the Report option? violation of rule number 2, 3 & 8

God bless for you this...We don't throw tantrums because we're okay the way we're.. There's no need to report anybody sha..you just have to put them in their place.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
anastasius:

Bro, I'm only judging from all what my vet friends said. None of them would everly encourage anyone to go into vet in Nigeria.
Na naija spoil all these courses, not like they're not good.
Whyn yourself bro. They are either animal Scientist or Animal husbandry Students.gringrin. If not they are lazy and unintelligent considering they did Animal Science till they finish school. Bro just calm down. They are over 12 schools offering it and they can't churn out more than 45gringrin. Even Animal scientists they make money from poultry Not to talk of vet?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Vets don't really care about working with govt because we mostly work privately.
I currently run a poultry and boy I can tell you what I make annually and a fishery.
You think Veterinary is Dog and cat?gringrin. Livestock is our money bro. Just chill and side chick your Doc.
We are not under Ministry of Health. So you JOHESU boy can fight with NMA.gringrin
Hahahaha!
You dn de chest beat again grin

I sha know say Vet na good course. Especially if you meet someone that loves the course not people dumped into the course.

I love vet because they are the Doctor,Dentist, pharmacist,Lab scientist,Nurse, Radiographer...
All in 1 not like Human Medicine that is divided. grin

©️2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
samuelpeters:

Hahahaha!
You dn de chest beat again grin

I sha know say Vet na good course. Especially if you meet someone that loves the course not people dumped into the course.

I love vet because they are the Doctor,Dentist, pharmacist,Lab scientist,Nurse, Radiographer...
All in 1 not like Human Medicine that is divided. grin

©️2021.
Boss I respect you na no vex for me. I am not even a student yet and from my farm I dey rake over 200k per month not to talk of vet wey go school for six years? Many vet student were dumped in the course. By Final dem don drop almost all of them. Guy thinking of govt work sef no pay.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
Boss I respect you na no vex for me. I am not even a student yet and from my farm I dey rake over 200k per month not to talk of vet wey go school for six years? Many vet student were dumped in the course. By Final dem don drop almost all of them. Guy thinking of govt work sef no pay.
Just do your thing.

So far you finally get your fulfilment and satisfaction. You are good.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
samuelpeters:

Just do your thing.

So far you finally get your fulfilment and satisfaction. You are good.

©️2021.
Thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2021
wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2021
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2021
cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2021
:O
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Donpre:

Lol... I have spare time so I'll reply this too

Although you're entitled to give advice to whomever you want to, however it becomes misplaced and a nuisance when nobody asked for it.

Also, any medical student in recent times who isn't aware of the travails of med school with all the enlightenment around, has him or herself to blame. It's been resounded over and over that med school is hard and draining. I'm sure everyone of us knows it by now

Finally, regrets?.... LMAO. Is there any choice that doesn't come with a possibility of regrets? Is there any course where students are all fulfilled after studying it?
You make it seem like regrets as a doctor are the only kind in the world.
People regret studying other courses more often than doctors do for studying medicine. So that statement makes no sense.
Also, can you guarantee I won't regret not studying medicine?

I'm gonna add that I don't get why you're so bothered about other people's depression, regrets, low self-esteem.... Makes me think you're either depressed, having regrets or your self-esteem is low.

Here's my advice to you, as appreciation for the numerous advices you've been dropping; Stop. Stop spending your time obsessing about medical students and doctors, they aren't worth shit. They don't have their life set. Their dreams won't be fulfilled just because they're doctors. You can do better at whatever you're doing. And if what you're doing isn't fulfilling enough, Stop!. Stop whatever you're doing and pick a UTME form, read like hell and get into medicine.
You gain absolutely nothing trolling the students here, they don't care, I don't, I find it amusing and could have ignored it easily. I'm here wondering why you care so much about our problems, you can't be that benevolent with your time.
It's sad seeing you make up assumptions just to discourage future aspirants. Seriously, get your act together, you're better than this.

Well said Chief... I don't know why some people will just come here and be offering unsolicited advice or help...
The best thing is to ignore such people. It is not their fault since Nairaland is a faceless forum. Anyone can just come here and write trash.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:51am On Jan 20, 2021
qwertie1234:
I actually wanted to reply the dude since but I don't know where to direct my argument to as well.. I don't want to drag on nurses cos e may not even b a nurse...to the guy, pls just tell us ur profession ..u can't b falsely downgrading medsurg under the comfort of been anonymous.. lets hear your department first so i can start tellin you some facts dat will make u want to pick the closest jamb form

The last statement got me laughing grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
qwertie1234:

bros pls leave all these rants..yea i am still a student, a final year medical studnt with few months to grad befor d corona...during d corona i run PP with 2 differnt hospitals with a monthly pay am sure is higher yours even as a 'professor' ...so pls just forget about your rants and lets constructively engage each other's profession...just state your profession and see how wrong a mistake u av made ..and if u don't mind, kindly do well to to state the name of the international exams you have passed and waiting for biden to lift d travel ban..state d exams and leave d scrutiny for me..u can't just come here and rant

Bros, it is obvious the guy is not what he says he is.... Don't waste your precious time on him.... Channel your time into something productive.
I don't know why he will be keeping his course....lol

I know those kind of parole....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nawa oo smiley
Anyone can be anything on Nairaland
Wetin man no go see
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
All EBSU aspirant start checking your CAPS,dunsin125 & Humancalc be informed goodluck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Undilutedme: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Wow!, wow!.
So much hate on medicine. It's not surpising though, most people who fail to get it into medicine are always frustrated and tend to discourage others from trying with the excuse of medicine being "overhyped". Reminds me of a friend who tried medicine severally but couldn't get in, he wanted medicine so badly but couldn't just get it, he then applied for med lab and got it, if you see the way this boy was badmoutting this same medicine he had been struggling to get ehn, he was like nothing is special in medicine and that he prefers med lab. He decided to try once one when he was already in med lab and luckily he got medicine, I'm just waiting for him to downgarde medicine again now that he has gotten it, he won't dare!. He will claim medicine is the best now.

Many people tend to expend all the frustrations they've had from not getting medicine into hating the course. Medicine is not the cause of your problems, find fulfilment in whatever u studied/studying and let people find fulfilment in theirs, it's childish to keep badmouthing a course just because you couldn't get it. You're not in any shoes to advise anyone on a course he or she wants to do except the person seeks advise from you. Everyone is responsible for the choices they make. The hate is just too much.Take your frustrations outta the thread. The title of the thread read "MEDICAL STUDENTS AND ASPIRANTS THREAD". Bad energy isn't needed here!.

90% of those hating on medicine are people who couldn't get it. Take that to the bank

Live and let others live. I hate nonsense!.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
GeneralOnovo:
All EBSU aspirant start checking your CAPS,dunsin125 & Humancalc be informed goodluck.
Thanks bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
You people should leave this guy alone..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Undilutedme:
Wow!, wow!.
So much hate on medicine. It's not surpising though, most people who fail to get it into medicine are always frustrated and tend to discourage others from trying with the excuse of medicine being "overhyped". Reminds me of a friend who tried medicine severally but couldn't get in, he wanted medicine so badly but couldn't just get it, he then applied for med lab and got it, if you see the way this boy was badmoutting this same medicine he had been struggling to get ehn, he was like nothing is special in medicine and that he prefers med lab. He decided to try once one when he was already in med lab and luckily he got medicine, I'm just waiting for him to downgarde medicine again now that he has gotten it, he won't dare!. He will claim medicine is the best now.

Many people tend to expend all the frustrations they've had from not getting medicine into hating the course. Medicine is not the cause of your problems, find fulfilment in whatever u studied/studying and let people find fulfilment in theirs, it's childish to keep badmouthing a course just because you couldn't get it. You're not in any shoes to advise anyone on a course he or she wants to do except the person seeks advise from you. Everyone is responsible for the choices they make. The hate is just too much.Take your frustrations outta the thread. The title of the thread read "MEDICAL STUDENTS AND ASPIRANTS THREAD". Bad energy isn't needed here!.

90% of those hating on medicine are people who couldn't get it. Take that to the bank

I applied Medicine thrice and I failed e no make me hate am. I reiterated severally to some of them that it is a Medical Aspirants thread. Our Pioneer DrLagusta ought to name it "MBBS ASPIRANT THREAD" for emphasis sake even though in Dictionary Medical student are people studying medicine.
By the way I am a vet aspirant.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Undilutedme:
Wow!, wow!.

Bad belle go always de.
It's childish to me sha...
There's more to Life than that. All my time in MCB, I didn't talk against Medicine or other Medical courses especially MLS. Because I know I will try Medicine again or MSc abroad. In the end, I tried DE to Medicine and got it.
If I had bad mouthed it, then it would be me eating my vomit right now. embarassed

I always tell aspirants, if you feel other courses won't satisfy you, rather than managing that course that in the end you start beefing doctors, DO NOT GO FOR IT. Because that is how quackery starts. Trying to cut corners.

We are in information age that anyone could get as much info about any course as possible.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mitochondria96(m): 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
Greetings to everyone here.. I need info concerning ebsu admission process thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Oga rest...! only you wants to study vet

Only you want to study medsurg

Only you wants to study physiotherapy

Only you will like to be a radiographer

Only you wants to be a lawyer

Only you wants have worked in computer village

Only you have worked for vet

Guy you are a frustrated go and see a therapist

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

You had to go through my posts?grin. Trolls everywhere in sifia pains.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

He only has knowledge in those areas. I could talk about pharmacy all day and you would think I'm a pharmacy student or an aspirant.

He fancied those courses at some point. But has finally settled for D.VM grin

©️2021.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

He only has knowledge in those areas. I could talk about pharmacy all day and you would think I'm a pharmacy student or an aspirant.

©️2021.
Respect boss, Respect. Thanks for coming to the rescue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mitochondria96:
Greetings to everyone here.. I need info concerning ebsu admission process thanks
Scroll up.
Someone talked about EBSU.
you can quote him.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuelpeters:

©️2021.

I have seen his post on many threads, the guy is just not stable,today he will say medicine or nothing, tomorrow he will say dentistry is not bad, next tomorrow he will insult doctors and say he will sue them that he will have to chase a degree in LAW ,you will still see him in other threads arguing that he will love to study physiotherapy and not medlab, omo this guy is frustrated he wants to be a doctor but naija don frustrate am, that's why he is always vexed

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mitochondria96(m): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
dunsin125:
Thanks bro.

hi bro do you know how ebsu runs thier admission process via utme ie what are the prerequisites to secure admission in ebsu thanks in anticipation....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

I have seen his post on many threads, the guy is just not stable,today he will say medicine or nothing, tomorrow he will say dentistry is not bad, next tomorrow he will insult doctors and say he will sue them that he will have to chase a degree in LAW ,you will still see him in other threads arguing that he will love to study physiotherapy and not medlab, omo this guy is frustrated he wants to be a doctor but naija don frustrate am, that's why he is always vexed
Hahahaha! cheesy
It's not a big deal.

Like I said, he acknowledged that he loved some courses until Veterinary Medicine caught his fancy.

Make una just free the guy. cheesy..

©️2021.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.