Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829805 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I was telling him to show me just one single "School of Technology" in the UK offering medicine and he was surprised.
He went as far as dragging "Computer" into it as if UNN, UNIBEN and other schools offering medicine are using Calculators for recording and research.
Boss, you're right. A mentor has reasoned me well on this. Thumbs up. You're intelligent.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 5:07am On Apr 06, 2021
Joecliff01:
please does anybody have an idea what the chance is of securing DE into medicine at Unical?....1 have a 2.1 in Biochemistry.Moreover is NYSC cert. a prerequisite for this mode of entry Admission?... thanks in anticipation of your warm regards..
The chance is still low which is normal for Medicine. but it is not impossible.
You need to smash either her DE post UME or have a good O-level (depending on the one UNICAL uses).

NYSC certificate is not a prerequisite for admission.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2021
samuelpeters:

The chance is still low which is normal for Medicine. but it is not impossible.
You need to smash either her DE post UME or have a good O-level (depending on the one UNICAL uses).

NYSC certificate is not a prerequisite for admission.

©️2021.
NYSC certificate is a prerequisite for DE admission into Medicine atleast in UNIBEN. He should make proper enquires because all this little things matter... I've seen someone whose admission was revoked because of two sitting.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Guys is it possible to cross over from anthropology to computer science at 200L in UI, since they are in the same faculty? Please help a bro with serious details.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akande115: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Timisilver777:
Guys is it possible to cross over from anthropology to computer science at 200L in UI, since they are in the same faculty? Please help a bro with serious details.

Are you already a U I student or you are still an aspirant. If you are a student, go to the admission office to make enquiry about it. You should also ask seniors in the department, if the department allows
her students to cross.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
An aspirant who got 210 in jamb, changed from mbbs to biochemistry, and I think my chances of getting admission is low. Now I changed my mind to study computer science instead. That's why I am asking. So how do I go about it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2021
A
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akande115: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Timisilver777:

An aspirant who got 210 in jamb, changed from mbbs to biochemistry, and I think my chances of getting admission is low. Now I changed my mind to study computer science instead. That's why I am asking. So how do I go about it?

You'll need mathematics in Jamb in computer science which I believe you'll not do in Jamb for MBBS.

This case seems complicated, you can try and come down to U I admission office if you stay around Ibadan.
But I don't know if Anthropology will allow you to cross to computer science. Why not chemistry, mathematics or physics.......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Delight2014(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
Joecliff01:
Please does anybody have an answer to this...I'm a DE aspirant with a degree in Biochemistry 3.8 seeking to secure admission into medicine... Unical or Uniuyo...I'm on track? Is there anything missing I need to know?....thanks in anticipation for your responses
Uniuyo doesn't accept DE to Medsurge
Unical might accept but not too certain
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
Seems like I'm writing the UTME again this year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

All the best bro...
#TeamMBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:
Keep believing.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 11:00am On Apr 08, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:
what happened? I thought you scored high.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:
What happened to your 314?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bolaji1023(f): 11:45am On Apr 08, 2021
HELLO GUYS IS IT POSSIBLE TO CROSS FROM PHARMACY TO MBBS AT 200LEVEL 0 IN UDUSOK?I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE FROM ANY UDUS STUDENT
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iroanthony: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
Good day every one I seek admission to study dentistry but I couldn't get I decided to go into Dental technology , but am done with it even done my internship and nysc but due to my love for dentistry I still want to go back to do dental surgery am about picking jamb form this year my choice is unical.i want some one to to guild me on unical even if it requires logistics I can cos I really need BDS one love to dentalites
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
CentiLion:

what happened? I thought you scored high.
Yea , but my university decided to use O level screening . My O level is bad so my aggregate is low (289.5)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
NewSoul:

What happened to your 314?
I got screwed when my university decided to use O level screening.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2021
I have a study I'm working on . Incase you're writing the UTME this year and you're interested in the study group , you can mention my comment.

Combining my 10 university courses with my UTME preparation is so stressful , I should have rejected my admission.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Yea , but my university decided to use O level screening . My O level is bad so my aggregate is low (289.5)
unizik right, they f up but God dey. Best of luck Chief.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
CentiLion:

unizik right, they f up but God dey. Best of luck Chief.

Yes , thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Which University is that? Did the change occur just this year??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2021
MrEgghead:
Which University is that? Did the change occur just this year??
Unizik, yes just this year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
bolaji1023:
HELLO GUYS IS IT POSSIBLE TO CROSS FROM PHARMACY TO MBBS AT 200LEVEL 0 IN UDUSOK?I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE FROM ANY UDUS STUDENT
It is not possible. Not allowed, even if you have 5.0 in both 1st and 2nd semester.
Best way to get MBBS is either through UTME or Remedial program (the schools pre degree). Good luck!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2021
Just asking for a friend. Is Uniuyo post utme form still on?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Unizik, yes just this year
Sorry brother.. Just try to research on those schools that have not done post UME if you can change to any of them. You have nothing to lose afterall.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:20am On Apr 09, 2021
iroanthony:
Good day every one I seek admission to study dentistry but I couldn't get I decided to go into Dental technology , but am done with it even done my internship and nysc but due to my love for dentistry I still want to go back to do dental surgery am about picking jamb form this year my choice is unical.i want some one to to guild me on unical even if it requires logistics I can cos I really need BDS one love to dentalites
How many years is Dental tech pls?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2021
Good day fam. I have always dreamt of this day and as God will have it, it came to reality. After 6 attempts and 9 years in course of which I even had a degree in Biochemistry I am glad to say I eventually gained admission to study medicine yesterday.
My advice for aspirants is that be persistent, read hard but smart then most importantly look for a school that your chances will be much higher.( I wasted time with UI even to the extent that I had 300+ three times in a row yet I missed out narrowly each time due to the fierce competition).
To the bosses and senior colleagues in the house too pls I'll need your advice and input as regards being successful in medical school especially as I already in my mid twenties and the pressure on me is much.
(P.S: I was admitted to Bayero University Kano)

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2021
zenti99:
Good day fam. I have always dreamt of this day and as God will have it, it came to reality. After 6 attempts and 9 years in course of which I even had a degree in Biochemistry I am glad to say I eventually gained admission to study medicine yesterday.
My advice for aspirants is that be persistent, read hard but smart then most importantly look for a school that your chances will be much higher.( I wasted time with UI even to the extent that I had 300+ three times in a row yet I missed out narrowly each time due to the fierce competition).
To the bosses and senior colleagues in the house too pls I'll need your advice and input as regards being successful in medical school especially as I already in my mid twenties and the pressure on me is much.
pls help tag the bosses in the house I don't know their monikers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2021
zenti99:
TONYE001, samuelpeters, horpeyemmi66

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

TONYE001, samuelpeters, horpeyemmi66
thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2021
zenti99:
Congrats bro. Same here for me, 6yrs too here, was already pursuing a degree in Biochemistry as well, was already in my 200l till medicine came along this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.