Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824015 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2022
Vitamin17:

Math inclusive abi dem don change am
No math again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2022
Clinton39:

No math again

Okay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2022
The5DME:
Take Jamb again. You can't get medicine with this score.

It depends if she scores very high in post utme she will get it

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 16, 2022
Clinton39:

Go to unical and smash their post utme, I heard it is not that hard.
seriously? Lol......

Be like say them never tell you..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 8:53pm On May 16, 2022
Leonardoshawn3:
seriously? Lol......

Like I said.....I heard
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 9:02pm On May 16, 2022
Leonardoshawn3:
seriously? Lol......

Unical self one olodo wey I know way don rite jamb 7times got admitted via connect tins she payed 400k sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 16, 2022
The5DME:
Take Jamb again. You can't get medicine with this score.
Guy why na ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 10:47pm On May 16, 2022
Clinton39:

No math again

They included maths in my set, that is the very last set that wrote post utme this past September....
So yeahh, prepare for anything
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2022
Commmy:

They included maths in my set, that is the very last set that wrote post utme this past September....
It is indeed a unique university.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 11:11pm On May 16, 2022
ARCHEMEDESME:
Guy why na ?
I wondered too. Too harsh and pessimistic if u ask me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 11:13pm On May 16, 2022
MelaninGold:
Good evening house. I'm vying for medicine and surgery in uniport. I need advice. Scored 254. I'm aware this score isn't good enough, however, there is still post UTME ahead. I need honest advice on what to expect in the exams, grading system, how are questions set. Just anything.
Everything is welcome, especially from students, medical students particularly.
Thanks.
Go for nursing ma'am, Success to all aspirants.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 1:55am On May 17, 2022
Lets be realistic at times. What chance does 254 really stand for med in most unis??
Don't even think those with 300+ are complacent enough to sleep on those scores ....baba even 320s 330s 340s will jack with every muscle
They'll put in same effort as you for post utme, probably more self

All these motivation and optimism is pretty surreal

And to that lad saying go and smash UNICAL post utme grin you make it sound so easy

P.S I'm a student of Unical and the competition is every where

All the best tho wink

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 1:58am On May 17, 2022
Commmy:

Oga mi I sight you wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wonderkidsam: 11:12am On May 17, 2022
Good morning docs, got 299 MBBS UNIMED,
just wanted to make enquiries about the medical school �....

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 11:42am On May 17, 2022
DrEmmy01:

Yes
Good day!
Please, I have some questions

1) Is Uniport's PUTME past Jamb questions?
2) Will 263 suffice for Medicine or Dentistry?
3) What is the total tuition for 100L?
4) Is Hostel payment compulsory?
5) Does UNIPORT operate a fast academic calendar or a slow one?
6) Does UNIPORT do Catchment stuffs?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 11:47am On May 17, 2022
Wonderkidsam:
Good morning docs, got 299 MBBS UNIMED,
just wanted to make enquiries about the medical school �....
That school wey need students?

It's still kinda new, so you have got a very good chance.

Na the school fees dey pursue people.

Cc. Millex
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 11:48am On May 17, 2022
Gemineye:
Lets be realistic at times. What chance does 254 really stand for med in most unis??
Don't even think those with 300+ are complacent enough to sleep on those scores ....baba even 320s 330s 340s will jack with every muscle
They'll put in same effort as you for post utme, probably more self

All these motivation and optimism is pretty surreal

And to that lad saying go and smash UNICAL post utme grin you make it sound so easy

P.S I'm a student of Unical and the competition is every where

All the best tho wink
What did Unical cut last year for MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2022
pelhurmy:
Good day everyone. Please, is there any Unilorin MBBS student here or anyone who has adequate information about the course and its admission requirements in the school. I'll be really appreciative. Thank you.
what do you want to know?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2022
Dvd4:
Good day!

You didn't quote me...but I can help although am also an aspirant like you
1. Yes, to an extent
2. Only if you perform exceptionally well in post utme
3. I think is 145,000 although my other bosses can confirm.
4. I don't think so.
5. I would say it operates a fairly moderate calendar
6. All states of Nigeria are catchments. UNIPORT is a designated center of excellence for the South South.
God bless you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by pelhurmy(m): 6:15pm On May 17, 2022
Mammangaddafi:
what do you want to know?
Thank you. My niece scored 239 in her UTME and I've read that there's going to be post-UTME. I want to confirm if she stands a chance. She's very sound academically. She practically didn't study for this exam as far as I'm concerned and for a girl in SS2. But then, I'm looking for the right information so I can use that to push her to be serious.

Firstly, what is the required UTME cut off mark to write the post-utme?

Secondly, what is the mode of admission? Is it only based on one's performance in the post-utme? Or is it an average/cumulative of the 3phases (waec, UTME and post-utme)?

Thank you for your time.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrEmmy01(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2022
Clinton39:

No math again
We wrote maths last year...might be same this year too....to be on a safe side just add maths to the list of subjects to study for the post utme
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrEmmy01(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2022
Dvd4:
Good day!

1) Yes to some extents though during my time I saw new questions that weren't in the past questions.
2) It all depends on the average performance this year and your post utme score....I believe candidates performed better this year than last year from my observations.
3) About 145,000 only just for tuition but there will also be little fees you might pay.
4) Hostel paymen is not compulsory.
5) speed of Academic calendars depend on some factors but UNIPORT'S calendar is okay.
6) Every state in the federation is under the catchment are of uniport.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrEmmy01(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2022
MelaninGold:
Good evening house. I'm vying for medicine and surgery in uniport. I need advice. Scored 254. I'm aware this score isn't good enough, however, there is still post UTME ahead. I need honest advice on what to expect in the exams, grading system, how are questions set. Just anything.
Everything is welcome, especially from students, medical students particularly.
Thanks.

Okay, your score is a bit low compared to others but that shouldn't discourage you much, rather it should push you to study more.
The post utme exam is a CBT exam of 50 questions to be answered in 30 minutes. Each question is an equivalent of 8marks.
The subjects include English, biology, physics and chemistry. Maths might be added so take note of that...it took most of us by surprise last year.
The exam isn't that difficult but the time is deadly. Most people could barely finish halfway....so be conscious of the time when studying.
Another tip I'll give is to start studying on time...a big mistake I made that almost cost me my admission was starting late.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2022
pelhurmy:

Thank you. My niece scored 239 in her UTME and I've read that there's going to be post-UTME. I want to confirm if she stands a chance. She's very sound academically. She practically didn't study for this exam as far as I'm concerned and for a girl in SS2. But then, I'm looking for the right information so I can use that to push her to be serious.

Firstly, what is the required UTME cut off mark to write the post-utme?

Secondly, what is the mode of admission? Is it only based on one's performance in the post-utme? Or is it an average/cumulative of the 3phases (waec, UTME and post-utme)?

Thank you for your time.
The cut off mark for medicine and surgery for last year was 260. The school is likely to maintain the same cut off for this year so i will advice she change to a less competitive course like Anatomy and Physiology and aim to be among the top ten in any of the aforementioned Dept as top ten from these dept after 100L can cross over to MBBS in 200L
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 8:30pm On May 17, 2022
Gemineye:
Oga mi I sight you wink

Baba... I hail cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by barremmanuel01: 9:58pm On May 17, 2022
Greetings to everyone in the house, please I will like to know if Esut will conduct post Utme screening this year.

Please any Esut medical student in the house, will really want to inquire about something.
Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:00am On May 19, 2022
TONYE001:

Congratulations, chief!

This is wonderful.

More wins!
Thank you chief cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:00am On May 19, 2022
RuyiMedicDiary:
congratulations ; cheesy
Thanks alot my brother. cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:02am On May 19, 2022
Clinton39:

UNN Chief Priest!!
How time flies
I was reading past pages of this thread and I saw when you announced your admission, and now 500 level already.
Keep winning bro.
Keep Humbling Dentistry
You know this well grin
Thank you mannn!!
é no easy at all.. They were times i almost gave up. We moveee.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:02am On May 19, 2022
Vitamin17:

Congrats baba
Thanks my guy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:03am On May 19, 2022
Acecube:
congratulations man... What school is that ?
Thank you..
Its UNN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.