Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1831722 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=Cardiojosh post=122888004]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nattynate(m): 6:29pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=Cardiojosh post=122888004][/quote] Hmmmmmmm. This connection/slot of a thing is becoming a plague and gradually engulfing nigerian institutions. I have came across a guy that had applied for mbbs for three years in UNIJOS with jamb scores 280+, 290+, and 270+ but couldn't get it and another lady who's currently studying the same mbbs at the same UNIJOS with jamb score 197, whose father is a prof. at the university. I fear who no fear UJ oo. Meanwhile, you school at UNIMAID ??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spiritualmubi: 6:38pm On May 02, 2023
Eben331:

In addition to the aforementioned textbooks, I will recommend the following
Chemistry - Lamlad Chemistry, Understanding Chemistry
Physics - Science Physics
Biology - Explicit Biology
Thanks Boss I appreciate. What about use of English?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 11:04pm On May 02, 2023
Victorized:

I graduated from university of Benin
You don't want to school in UNIBEN again?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:53pm On May 02, 2023
spiritualmubi:
Thanks Boss I appreciate. What about use of English?

Invisible Teacher by Dele Ashade for Use of English

You're welcome boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AkinPeters: 1:00pm On May 03, 2023
Any OAU just-admitted medical student here pls..
There's something important I want us to talk about.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chidoziekingsley: 2:51am On May 04, 2023
Pls, I have a nephew who just finished the just concluded jamb exams, he scored 238(he chose unn and I'm sure no amount of luck in putme without money or connection will grant him admission) pls, which less competitive University do u advise me to tell him to change to when change of institution/course begins.
He said some of his friends who wrote while awaiting last year where admitted to uniport with a score of 220. What are ur thoughts?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 5:34pm On May 04, 2023
chidoziekingsley:
Pls, I have a nephew who just finished the just concluded jamb exams, he scored 238(he chose unn and I'm sure no amount of luck in putme without money or connection will grant him admission) pls, which less competitive University do u advise me to tell him to change to when change of institution/course begins.
He said some of his friends who wrote while awaiting last year where admitted to uniport with a score of 220. What are ur thoughts?
Honestly that score is really low(considering the competition). If he can afford a Private Medical School, that's where his admission is guaranteed. But for Public universities?? :-x

No harm in trying. Probably a university that would require post ume score. That will give him a fighting chance. He could go to the North as well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2023
chidoziekingsley:

Yes he can be admitted in to the university..

Medicine noooop.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chidoziekingsley: 1:59am On May 05, 2023
RuyiMedicDiary:
Honestly that score is really low(considering the competition). If he can afford a Private Medical School, that's where his admission is guaranteed. But for Public universities?? :-x

No harm in trying. Probably a university that would require post ume score. That will give him a fighting chance. He could go to the North as well.
that's y I'm asking between unical and uniport. He wants to switch to uniport because of his peers but I saw that the departmental cut off mark for unical last year was 227.
So b/w uniport and unical which would offer him admission if he can get up to 300 in post utme
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:14am On May 05, 2023
chidoziekingsley:
that's y I'm asking between unical and uniport. He wants to switch to uniport because of his peers but I saw that the departmental cut off mark for unical last year was 227.
So b/w uniport and unical which would offer him admission if he can get up to 300 in post utme

Unical will be a big mistake
grin

I will rather someone with 269 attempt UI than unical lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HeliumStar: 10:38am On May 05, 2023
RenegadeX:

grin

Well I don't really know what you mean by this but candidates with 300, 320, 330 even a few 340's get retired in UI every year, it'd be suicidally impossible for a 269 to secure an mbbs admission at UI.

Putting this here for nothing else than the purpose of clarification.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:58am On May 05, 2023
HeliumStar:

Well I don't really know what you mean by this but candidates with 300, 320, 330 even a few 340's get retired in UI every year, it'd be suicidally impossible for a 269 to secure an mbbs admission at UI.

Putting this here for nothing else than the purpose of clarification.

Almost impossible should be the word

92 and jamb score 269
Will pose a threat. But if you think 92 is an impossible score it’s fine. For someone with 340 to get relegated he must have gotten an abysmally low score like 66 or below.

I no get strength for argument.

Funny enough someone running a tutorial in Ibadan had a student with 203 for UI medicine. And the person refused to change course or school. She told her tutor not to be a discourager lol. Now it’s this type you’ll call suicidal.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 11:31am On May 05, 2023
chidoziekingsley:

Honestly, let me be candid.

That score is low for Medicine, with the level of high scorers we see in JAMB these days.

227 can not be the ADMISSION DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF. It might be the cutoff for one to be qualified for the PUTME.

Yes, he might be right about UNIPORT.

UNIPORT prioritizes PUTME more. How ever scoring so high in the PUTME is not so easy. In UNIPORT you find scores like;

JAMB 338
PUTME 250

JAMB 370
PUTME 275

etc.
I have actually seen
Talking from experience though.

If he can score high up to 300 or more in PUTME, I'd think UNIPORT would suffice. Meanwhile, scoring high isn't so easy, take note. He could try Dentistry ij UNIPORT aswell.

Even some private Universities might push him to another Medical course.

Instead of gambling, why dont he switch course to a less competitive one, unless maybe he is young and can take the risk.

If you have got the money;
PAMO
BAYELSA MED. UNI
DAVID UMAHI UNI
EKO MED. SCHOOL etc

Some other new Universities could give him a good chance also

FED UNI. LOKOJA and the rest of them.

I wish him success in whatever decision he takes.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 2:49pm On May 05, 2023
chidoziekingsley:
Departmental cut off?? shocked Except you mean ELDS. And it's definitely not for any of the SE SW or SS candidates
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chidoziekingsley: 2:58pm On May 05, 2023
RenegadeX:

grin

Pls, would you give more info on unical being a mistake
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HeliumStar: 9:34pm On May 05, 2023
RenegadeX:

92 and jamb score 269
Will pose a threat. But if you think 92 is an impossible score it’s fine. For someone with 340 to get relegated he must have gotten an abysmally low score like 66 or below.

Funny enough someone running a tutorial in Ibadan had a student with 203 for UI medicine. And the person refused to change course or school. She told her tutor not to be a discourager lol. Now it’s this type you’ll call suicidal.

Guy! Argument is not my thing but the fact should be said, every single post is as important in the decision making of aspirants here, writing this to avoid had I known situations. A friend of mine was telling me some days ago of how his 322 got wasted at UI in the just concluded admission exercise, worse was that he didn't register for this year's UTME.

You really think somebody who would be able to secure 92 shocked shocked in UI's post UTME would score 270 in Jamb? Let's be sincere with ourselves haba!

When I wrote UTME in 2020, my 305 got wasted by UI, had to rush and change to FUTA, it was there I met people with 330's who were as well ridiculed by UI. Of course 300+ do gain admission there but trust me, they sacrificed a lot for it, it's a very brutal race when it comes to MB;BS in UI.

I really have a long epistle here, but my point to aspirants is: be real with yourself, stop living in an utopian dream of "I will be an exception to that", choose your course wisely. Change if you need to: either your course or your university. Time is money! cry

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintelbs: 7:27am On May 06, 2023
Please I scored 271 in jamb

I am thinking of either Uniport or Uniuyo, medicine and surgery is my intended course of study..

My O level is just C's and 2b's

I am from catchment area...

Do Uniport and Uniuyo use O level for screening, please bosses what are my chances in both schools?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 8:34am On May 06, 2023
HeliumStar:

Guy! Argument is not my thing but the fact should be said, every single post is as important in the decision making of aspirants here, writing this to avoid had I known situations. A friend of mine was telling me some days ago of how his 322 got wasted at UI in the just concluded admission exercise, worse was that he didn't register for this year's UTME.

You really think somebody who would be able to secure 92 shocked shocked in UI's post UTME would score 270 in Jamb? Let's be sincere with ourselves haba!

When I wrote UTME in 2020, my 305 got wasted by UI, had to rush and change to FUTA, it was there I met people with 330's who were as well ridiculed by UI. Of course 300+ do gain admission there but trust me, they sacrificed a lot for it, it's a very brutal race when it comes to MB;BS in UI.

I really have a long epistle here, but my point to aspirants is: be real with yourself, stop living in an utopian dream of "I will be an exception to that", choose your course wisely. Change if you need to: either your course or your university. Time is money! cry

Did you later gained admission into FUTA MBBS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 4:43pm On May 06, 2023
saintelbs:
Please I scored 271 in jamb

I am thinking of either Uniport or Uniuyo, medicine and surgery is my intended course of study..

My O level is just C's and 2b's

I am from catchment area...

Do Uniport and Uniuyo use O level for screening, please bosses what are my chances in both schools?

I won't advice Uniuyo.

UNIPORT is a better option. Prepare for the POST UTME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintelbs: 8:09pm On May 06, 2023
Dvd4:

I won't advice Uniuyo.

UNIPORT is a better option. Prepare for the POST UTME.

Okay thank you sir

Do you know the best material for uniport postutme?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 7:02am On May 07, 2023
saintelbs:

Okay thank you sir

Do you know the best material for uniport postutme?
Email me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiunlimited(m): 9:07am On May 07, 2023
All Unical aspirants , a whatsapp group has been created for you guys. To be a member and interact with your aspiring medical course mates and get vital information on Unical admission process. Add this number up 08024129637
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saintelbs: 10:50am On May 07, 2023
DarkPheonix:

Email me.
Okay have done so
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 2:37pm On May 07, 2023
saintelbs:

Okay have done so
Alright.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2023
Eben331:

Did you later gained admission into FUTA MBBS?

Good evening Chief, please chat me up on WhatsApp
I lost my phone, and your number along with it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:12am On May 08, 2023
Good morning everyone, I’m actually not a medical student, I hope I won’t be banned, pls my friend and I wrote jamb this year this concluded one already, though I wrote on Saturday (rescheduled) but hers her result is out, our first choice is DELSU she got 205 and non indigene can she really get admission with her score? To study mass comm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 2:29pm On May 08, 2023
EmpressC36:
Good morning everyone, I’m actually not a medical student, I hope I won’t be banned, pls my friend and I wrote jamb this year this concluded one already, though I wrote on Saturday (rescheduled) but hers her result is out, our first choice is DELSU she got 205 and non indigene can she really get admission with her score? To study mass comm
Congratulations to you both. But sadly you can't find a Mass Com student or aspirant here. I will suggest you search for DELSU admission threads here and on Facebook as well. I wish you both all the best smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 10:34pm On May 08, 2023
Dvd4:

Someone got Pharmacy in UDUSok with 223 Jamb score on merit list.
Another got MBBS with 249 merit list UDUsok. For this 2022/2023 admission session.

He went ahead to tell me that he knows many people who got Medicine with the ranges of 243, 261, 270, etc.
All these ranges are for catchment area and those who did the school's Predegree.
Mind you, the cut off for MBBS this year was 280 (merit), 270 (ELDS) and 250 (catchment).
The 243 am seeing up there is for Matric student if I may hazard a guess.
PS: am a 100 level medical student in the said institution
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AlacrityVictor(m): 4:03am On May 09, 2023
horpeyemmi66:

How time flies, I definitely remember, I hope you're doing great Bro. I thought UNN has stopped the over admission thing? What are you studying now? Dental Surgery or Medicine?

BDS sir!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:54am On May 09, 2023
AlacrityVictor:

BDS sir!!
Many Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TeflonBlixx: 1:35pm On May 09, 2023
RenegadeX:

92 and jamb score 269

Lol. 92 is not impossible.

The problem is whether or not things will go according to plan.

Things never go according to plan. 🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: aguone(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.