Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1839862 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lenghtinny(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2023
I just passed my part 1 MB examination....
I remember when this thread was my go to corner on NL when I used to scout for info 3-4 years ago and the early days of my preclinicals, so it's best I share this news with you guys smiley

12 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:08am On May 26, 2023
Dvd4:

Uniport gives more priority to POST UTME.

But trust me, the Post UTME is not so easy. She needs extra study, else she could even score 100 even with intense study.

The sweetest part of Uniport's Post UTME is that you see your score once you submit.

She could actually get Biochem with that score if her POST UTME is impressive. Even if she doesn't get the Biochemistry, she could apply for supplementary.

Meanwhile, FUTO is not a bad idea after all. She should calm down about FREEDOM---e dey choke.

Well, I think she is still young. Let her change to Biochemistry and use the FREEDOM PRESSURE to study painstakingly for the POST UTME, she will get it.

As per sorting the admission. I know someone, but it's not advisable. Let her thrive for excellence she will get in effortlessly.

My opinion though.
Sorry the reply is coming late thought, yeah thanks so much I will really tell her I appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:11am On May 26, 2023
Adranidoo:
Your friend like taking changes.
Bro tell him/her to change to a state university, what's even bad in attending a state university sef.
Honestly his/her chance in getting admitted with that score is slim considering the fact that there was massive Success in this year's UTME.

And remember what happened in Uniport and RSU last year, they set very difficult questions for their students, even students with high jamb only managed to pass the exam.

But if he/she insist on going to Uniport by all means she's free to, but must blast the Post UTME and get admission on merit since Imo state in not under the catchment state for Uniport

Omo she’s so bent on going to uniport, I really hope it favors her, thinking of switching to Enugu state university na coz of her low score, but sorry if I may ask what about Enugu state is there better chances of getting admitted than uniport
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:13am On May 26, 2023
Dvd4:

It's not about being good in a subject oh.

My sister wey dey good in Biology got 46 there, while Physics graced her with 70.

Also, it's not only Chem that she might encounter in the exams.

Just take away that part of her being good in Chemistry.
Omo l understand same did with me in jamb CRS I know the subject wella but how It became the lowest score in my jamb eeh I wonder 😂 hopefully I pray hers won’t be the case
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:21am On May 26, 2023
horpeyemmi66:

Hey there, it seems your friend might have a misconception regarding the relevance of being good at Chemistry for studying Biochemistry. It's important to clarify that while Chemistry is indeed a foundational subject in Biochemistry, it shouldn't be the sole criterion for pursuing it. Encourage your friend to explore their passion and aptitude for the field beyond just Chemistry.

Furthermore, it's crucial to advise your friend not to make hasty decisions that could lead to regret. Choosing a career path solely based on gaining admission may not result in long-term satisfaction. Instead, suggest that they carefully consider their interests, strengths, and aspirations before committing to a specific field of study.

When it comes to pursuing Nursing, it's worth noting that there are two options available: the School of Nursing and universities. The Nursing and Midwifery Council has now standardized the admission process through UTME for both options. In the past, the School of Nursing simply required the purchase of a form, but things have changed now, and they have been asked to align with the new system or face closure.

Considering your friend's current UTME score, it might be advisable for them to apply to both universities and schools of nursing in their next attempt. This will increase their chances of securing admission and allow them to explore different avenues within the field.

Remember, setbacks happen in life, and it's important to approach them with resilience. Encourage your friend not to be disheartened but to embrace the opportunity to try again and work harder. With determination and perseverance, they can achieve their goals. Tell her to try again, to try harder.

All the best.

https://medicalworldnigeria.com/post/Nursing-and-Midwifery-Council-of-Nigeria-Compliance-with-Nursing-Education-Reforms-Deadline?pid=63092

Sincerely speaking I really appreciate all this, okay let me tell you a bit of her story, she wants to venture into acting like it’s her dream, her parents rejected it u know the normal Nigerian parent mentality as seeing actresses as whores, so she was actually in art class and doing well, her parent forced her into going to science, so she’s not really very good at science subjects aside chemistry though, now she wants to play the game of giving her parents what the want and at the same time going for what she wants, her parents are threatening to disown her and she’s scared, the thing is she really wants to go to outside state university away from her home, to school and to pursue her dreams too, you get now, that’s why she seems like she’s desperate to enter school even if it means sorting it out, and she just clocked 18yrs 3days ago, sha she’s saying if she doesn’t get admission this year then she may consider next year,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EmpressC36: 9:25am On May 26, 2023
Okay my own personal case😂 does anyone have Delsu post utme questions for art students pls, coz I’m art not science, I will really appreciate if anyone does coz I really need to study hard thank you 😊
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 10:56am On May 26, 2023
Keeon:
That's a very nice score. Just go and prepare for resumption, all things being equal, you'll get in
Sir are you a medical student at Udusok?
Please help me with ur whatsapp contact?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MedicalFlame10(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2023
Please I need chemistry questions for schools PostUTME

I can solve any chemistry o level questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 4:47pm On May 26, 2023
Dvd4:

Uniport gives more priority to POST UTME.

But trust me, the Post UTME is not so easy. She needs extra study, else she could even score 100 even with intense study.

The sweetest part of Uniport's Post UTME is that you see your score once you submit.

She could actually get Biochem with that score if her POST UTME is impressive. Even if she doesn't get the Biochemistry, she could apply for supplementary.

Meanwhile, FUTO is not a bad idea after all. She should calm down about FREEDOM---e dey choke.

Well, I think she is still young. Let her change to Biochemistry and use the FREEDOM PRESSURE to study painstakingly for the POST UTME, she will get it.

As per sorting the admission. I know someone, but it's not advisable. Let her thrive for excellence she will get in effortlessly.

My opinion though.
This is misleading. Unless you're a student of uniport, you shouldn't go dishing out wrong info like this one.

Uniport uses average of both scores.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2023
EmpressC36:
Hi good morning my fellow nairalanders, actually my friend got 184 in jamb to study nursing in uniport, I told her the possibility is low though, let her change to biochemistry since she’s good in chemistry, but the problem is how sure will she get admission with her jamb score to study biochemistry in uniport, she’s also reasoning doing change of course/institution to Enugu state university to study biochemistry or nursing, what do you guys think we both are confused here, and she don’t want to write jamb next year
Writing another UTME isn't the worst thing in the world. She can't not want to write another jamb and yet scores that low and still want nursing, shey she wants to perform magic ni?

Best advice I can give, she should forget post utme and start reading from now, with eyes set on 270-280. Admissions are harder now, people pull 330 like it's a joke. She better buckle up or settle for whatever she's given

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cisco17(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2023
Pls could I go to UNN with 260. I want to go for Mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:39pm On May 26, 2023
EmpressC36:

Sincerely speaking I really appreciate all this, okay let me tell you a bit of her story, she wants to venture into acting like it’s her dream, her parents rejected it u know the normal Nigerian parent mentality as seeing actresses as whores, so she was actually in art class and doing well, her parent forced her into going to science, so she’s not really very good at science subjects aside chemistry though, now she wants to play the game of giving her parents what the want and at the same time going for what she wants, her parents are threatening to disown her and she’s scared, the thing is she really wants to go to outside state university away from her home, to school and to pursue her dreams too, you get now, that’s why she seems like she’s desperate to enter school even if it means sorting it out, and she just clocked 18yrs 3days ago, sha she’s saying if she doesn’t get admission this year then she may consider next year,
One does not have to study Theatre Arts to actually be on TV/Movies/Soap Operas. Nigeria is crazy already and I may sound biased but your friend's parents her best interest at heart as long as Nigeria is concerned.

Tonto Dike studied Petroleum Engineering, Funke Akindele is a Lawyer by profession, Femi Adebayo is also a Lawyer, Lara George is an Architect, Desmond Elliot is an Economist, Frank Edoho studied Animal Science.

There are many ways that lead into a market and knowing the right people would go a long way too. I'd advise your friend to strive to study what would put food on her table first before she pursues her passion, or else "nah hunger go kill that passion".

How many persons who studied Theatre Arts are actually on TV?

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 8:02pm On May 26, 2023
Cisco17:
NO!

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2023
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:35am On May 28, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
Finally done with medical school...
I wish those of us still in med school and those aspiring to get in the very best. May we all have reasons to celebrate!
Huge congratulations Doc! cheesy smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:37am On May 28, 2023
lenghtinny:
I just passed my part 1 MB examination....
I remember when this thread was my go to corner on NL when I used to scout for info 3-4 years ago and the early days of my preclinicals, so it's best I share this news with you guys smiley
Congratulations! cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:39am On May 28, 2023
Cisco17:
I wouldn't advise that! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Arooostuff(m): 1:41am On May 28, 2023
Best 2024 jamb runz site, 2024 jamb expo site, 2024 jamb runz , 2024 jamb runz, 2024 jamb cbt expo site, 2024 jamb cbt runz @ https://jamb2024.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2023
RuyiMedicDiary:
Huhe congratulations Doc! cheesy smiley
Thank you ma....I appreciate

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maxitomxane(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
Thanks boss.... UNILORIN

Digni reges!!! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Digni reges!!! cheesy grin
Worthy kings!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 5:14pm On May 28, 2023
Jago2244:

Sir are you a medical student at Udusok?
Please help me with ur whatsapp contact?
Yes I am. I'm not always on WhatsApp. But you can still use (0706*82*5*6) to call me. I'll modify when I see you call
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nattynate(m): 8:31am On May 30, 2023
Eben331:

Check your mail.
I need it too pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 4:32pm On May 31, 2023
Nattynate:
I need it too pls

Send me a PM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 5:49pm On May 31, 2023
Doc. Pls am in need of it as well.
Pm sent already.
Eben331:

Send me a PM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
mete3:
Doc. Pls am in need of it as well.
Pm sent already.

I have sent it. Kindly check your mail
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
Greetings to all the amazing personalities of this great forum. Age goes by what it`s called. I am 22 now. Does my age an impediment or a limiting factor still be considered because of not being in medical school by now; going by my classmates and those that i am ahead of in secondary school are now currently in 300l ,200l, 100l. Sporadically as per say some are through with ND, IT while some just gained admission to study one course or the other but not actually their dream course, although some are lucky because they got their heart desired course. My stand here is..is age an impeding factor in medical school using my self as a reference point?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
SF123:
Greetings to all the amazing personalities of this great forum. Age goes by what it`s called. I am 22 now. Does my age an impediment or a limiting factor still be considered because of not being in medical school by now; going by my classmates and those that i am ahead of in secondary school are now currently in 300l ,200l, 100l. Sporadically as per say some are through with ND, IT while some just gained admission to study one course or the other but not actually their dream course, although some are lucky because they got their heart desired course. My stand here is..is age an impeding factor in medical school using my self as a reference point?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please who has the IELTS past questions and answers...softcopy or hardcopy will be appreciable
*how can i get the IELTS past questions and answers?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
EmpressC36:

Sorry the reply is coming late thought, yeah thanks so much I will really tell her I appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
SF123:

I'm 22, will be 23 soon but I've just started 100lvl in Radiography.

In my department, I have a colleague who studied Water engineering, served and worked for some years, but still came back to pursue a degree in ràdiography. Man is in his 30's.

Use your 20's to pursue your dreams and u'll be glad you did in your 30's.

I'm not going to lie though, the zeal and passion for education has greatly reduced compared to when I was much younger. I just hope I get a spark to revamp my passion soon.

I did spend a lot of years trying to get admission into a medical course. Right now, it really doesn't interest me. Nothing actually interest me right now.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
SF123:

When it comes to medical school, age doesn't matter. Forget about your secondary school mates being far ahead of you. Everyone has their own time zone. It is just a matter of time. Before you know it, you are done with medical school. In my class, there is a man who's in his 40's or 50's and he is married. Look at it, if someone at that age can be studying Medicine, then why should you be concerned when you are just 22? There are also those with first degree in my class and in the level lower than mine. Just focus on your goals and make sure they are achieved. Forget about age when it comes to medical school.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.