Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835099 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranidoo(m): 1:50pm On May 23, 2023
EmpressC36:

About post utme hopefully I pray she does well, she’s really very good at chemistry, so yeah hopefully she will really pass bio chemistry in post utme
Your friend like taking changes.
Bro tell him/her to change to a state university, what's even bad in attending a state university sef.
Honestly his/her chance in getting admitted with that score is slim considering the fact that there was massive Success in this year's UTME.

And remember what happened in Uniport and RSU last year, they set very difficult questions for their students, even students with high jamb only managed to pass the exam.

But if he/she insist on going to Uniport by all means she's free to, but must blast the Post UTME and get admission on merit since Imo state in not under the catchment state for Uniport

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 2:04pm On May 23, 2023
NL1960:

Please a few questions on KWASU.

(1) What is the chance of a non indigine from Edo state getting admission in KWASU?.

(2) I have three people that got 218(Law), 182 (Accounting) and 172(Medicine and Surgery). Federal university is out of it. What will be your advise if they want to switch to KWASU?. They are all from Edo state.

(3) What is their fees like?.

If you are a non-indegine, you must beat merit. I used to know peeps who were non-indegines but gained admission same year I was seeking admission. They got Med. LAB and Computer Science respectively

I don't know about now. I think then, they wrote PUTME.

As per your folks; they actually applied the most competitive courses in KWASU. Chances are low. Change of course is advisable.

Their fees are quite high (not so much though), but not unexpectant for a State University. Check Google for a comprehensive fee structure.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 2:12pm On May 23, 2023
EmpressC36:

Actually she’s part of those writing waec this year, she’s from imo state and she doesn’t want to school here either

Uniport gives more priority to POST UTME.

But trust me, the Post UTME is not so easy. She needs extra study, else she could even score 100 even with intense study.

The sweetest part of Uniport's Post UTME is that you see your score once you submit.

She could actually get Biochem with that score if her POST UTME is impressive. Even if she doesn't get the Biochemistry, she could apply for supplementary.

Meanwhile, FUTO is not a bad idea after all. She should calm down about FREEDOM---e dey choke.

Well, I think she is still young. Let her change to Biochemistry and use the FREEDOM PRESSURE to study painstakingly for the POST UTME, she will get it.

As per sorting the admission. I know someone, but it's not advisable. Let her thrive for excellence she will get in effortlessly.

My opinion though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 2:14pm On May 23, 2023
EmpressC36:

About post utme hopefully I pray she does well, she’s really very good at chemistry, so yeah hopefully she will really pass bio chemistry in post utme
It's not about being good in a subject oh.

My sister wey dey good in Biology got 46 there, while Physics graced her with 70.

Also, it's not only Chem that she might encounter in the exams.

Just take away that part of her being good in Chemistry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 2:15pm On May 23, 2023
Dvd4:

If you are a non-indegine, you must beat merit. I used to know peeps who were non-indegines but gained admission same year I was seeking admission. They got Med. LAB and Computer Science respectively

I don't know about now. I think then, they wrote PUTME.

As per your folks; they actually applied the most competitive courses in KWASU. Chances are low. Change of course is advisable.

Their fees are quite high (not so much though), but not unexpectant for a State University. Check Google for a comprehensive fee structure.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:01pm On May 23, 2023
Finally done with medical school...
I wish those of us still in med school and those aspiring to get in the very best. May we all have reasons to celebrate!

16 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HeliumStar: 5:21pm On May 23, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
I wish those of us still in med school and those aspiring to get in the very best. May we all have reasons to celebrate!

Huge congratulations, which medical college?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2023
HeliumStar:

Huge congratulations, which medical college?
Thanks boss.... UNILORIN

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 9:13pm On May 23, 2023
Congratulations Doc.
Wish you the very best in your Medical Profession..
Mammangaddafi:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2023
mete3:
Congratulations Doc.
Wish you the very best in your Medical Profession..
Thank you boss..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spiritualmubi: 9:35pm On May 23, 2023
Eben331:

You have a mail.
Thanks alot Chief, I do appreciate

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spiritualmubi: 9:37pm On May 23, 2023
Mammangaddafi:
Wow, congrats Doc, very happy for you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:42pm On May 23, 2023
Mammangaddafi:

Congrats to the latest doctor in town
Wish you the very best in the medical profession
All the best!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:43pm On May 23, 2023
spiritualmubi:
Thanks alot Chief, I do appreciate

You're welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2023
Dvd4:
Send what exactly?
I MEAN, YOUR FACEBOOK USERNAME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:46pm On May 23, 2023
Salarys:

Kai, It's amazing how time flies. Visiting this thread again and seeing a lot of admission discourse got me feeling nostalgic. Spurred me to visit old posts I made when I was still searching.

Already in my Penultimate year and God is still faithful.

To everyone trying to get in, keep fighting! Don't ever give up!!!

May the odds be in your favour.

God will see you through to the finishing line and those of us are just starting or half-way.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chiboyswag: 1:15am On May 24, 2023
Mathematicians in the house I need your help with this I have been trying since
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chiboyswag: 1:16am On May 24, 2023
This is it

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itznekky: 12:04pm On May 24, 2023
Dvd4:

What's your O'level like?

WASCE: Data processing -A1, Christian religion-B2, Economics-B3, Govt-No result, literature-C6, civic-B3, English-B3, IGBo-A1, Math-A1

NECO: English-5, Math-B3, Christian religion-D7, civic-E8, Data processing-C5, Economics- C4, Govt-B3, IGBO-B3, literature-B2

She combined WAEC and Neco
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itznekky: 12:06pm On May 24, 2023
Dvd4:
her chances are high in COOU

What about UNIZIK
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 12:18pm On May 24, 2023
Itznekky:

What about UNIZIK

Her O level is good, yet not perfect for an outstanding match.

She is using 2 O'levels thus loosing 10 marks from the total screening score.

If she can risk it, I'd say she can go ahead, if she doesn't get it, she might be moved to a similar course in same faculty or another faculty with same SUB. COMBO.

If she misses out, she could shop during supplementary. Last year, UNIZIK did supplementary twice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2023
Mammangaddafi:

A hearty congratulations to you sir.

May God perfect the path before you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2023
Clinton39:

A hearty congratulations to you sir.

May God perfect the path before you.
Ameen... Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MedicalFlame10(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2023
horpeyemmi66:

Why are you picking Ibadan/Ile-Ife? Going by age, we know you do not have the luxury to dilly-dally from one university to the other like a teenager does.

Yours shouldn't be a trial and error thing.

The target should be to apply and hit it once.

When was the last time you did intense Chemistry, Physics?

Regardless, I wish you the best.

I'm confident I will scale through at once!!

I study physics and chemistry everyday

Next year will be my 5th and last attempt!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itznekky: 8:00am On May 25, 2023
Dvd4:

Her O level is good, yet not perfect for an outstanding match.

She is using 2 O'levels thus loosing 10 marks from the total screening score.

If she can risk it, I'd say she can go ahead, if she doesn't get it, she might be moved to a similar course in same faculty or another faculty with same SUB. COMBO.

If she misses out, she could shop during supplementary. Last year, UNIZIK did supplementary twice.

Thanks I really appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2023
EmpressC36:
Hi good morning my fellow nairalanders, actually my friend got 184 in jamb to study nursing in uniport, I told her the possibility is low though, let her change to biochemistry since she’s good in chemistry, but the problem is how sure will she get admission with her jamb score to study biochemistry in uniport, she’s also reasoning doing change of course/institution to Enugu state university to study biochemistry or nursing, what do you guys think we both are confused here, and she don’t want to write jamb next year
Hey there, it seems your friend might have a misconception regarding the relevance of being good at Chemistry for studying Biochemistry. It's important to clarify that while Chemistry is indeed a foundational subject in Biochemistry, it shouldn't be the sole criterion for pursuing it. Encourage your friend to explore their passion and aptitude for the field beyond just Chemistry.

Furthermore, it's crucial to advise your friend not to make hasty decisions that could lead to regret. Choosing a career path solely based on gaining admission may not result in long-term satisfaction. Instead, suggest that they carefully consider their interests, strengths, and aspirations before committing to a specific field of study.

When it comes to pursuing Nursing, it's worth noting that there are two options available: the School of Nursing and universities. The Nursing and Midwifery Council has now standardized the admission process through UTME for both options. In the past, the School of Nursing simply required the purchase of a form, but things have changed now, and they have been asked to align with the new system or face closure.

Considering your friend's current UTME score, it might be advisable for them to apply to both universities and schools of nursing in their next attempt. This will increase their chances of securing admission and allow them to explore different avenues within the field.

Remember, setbacks happen in life, and it's important to approach them with resilience. Encourage your friend not to be disheartened but to embrace the opportunity to try again and work harder. With determination and perseverance, they can achieve their goals. Tell her to try again, to try harder.

All the best.

https://medicalworldnigeria.com/post/Nursing-and-Midwifery-Council-of-Nigeria-Compliance-with-Nursing-Education-Reforms-Deadline?pid=63092
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2023
Jago2244:
Hi everyone, I have one of my friends that also wrote 2023 Jamb and he had 298 but he applied to kwara State Univeristy, Medsurg. I discouraged him to applied to a standard and accredited medical school but he won't listen to me. And he was arguing that he is sure of graduating within 6 years and that the school won't have accreditation issues like other schools.

Please what advice can you offer regarding his issue?
Does the KWASU have a Teaching Hospital? Are there any tertiary hospitals close to it? Is it listed on wdoms.org or the mdcn website?

While your friend has his leg in already, tell him to hold on to the KWASU admission and try again for another University.

Does KWASU already offer admission for Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 10:33am On May 25, 2023
horpeyemmi66:

Does the KWASU have a Teaching Hospital? Are there any tertiary hospitals close to it? Is it listed on wdoms.org or the mdcn website?

While your friend has his leg in already, tell him to hold on to the KWASU admission and try again for another University.

Does KWASU already offer admission for Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology?
Yeah they have State General hospital that is converted to Teaching hospital for Clinicals. And the school is not yet listed on the MDCN website because they haven't undergo the first stage of accreditation(i.e they haven't written their first Professional MB exam). In short their first set of students are just moving to pre Clinical stage of medical school.

They have biochemistry as a course but they haven't started Anatomy and Physiology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2023
Jago2244:

Yeah they have State General hospital that is converted to Teaching hospital for Clinicals. And the school is not yet listed on the MDCN website because they haven't undergo the first stage of accreditation(i.e they haven't written their first Professional MB exam). In short their first set of students are just moving to pre Clinical stage of medical school.

They have biochemistry as a course but they haven't started Anatomy and Physiology.
I would advise your friend to continue with KWASU (Kwara State University) and attempt the the UTME again (next year). However, It's important to remember that the first sets of Medical Students in any institution often face certain challenges and adjustments. However, with time and dedication, things tend to improve.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 7:50am On May 26, 2023
ShahRukhKhan:

Hello Keeon, I'm ShahRukhKhan, your senior colleague. Do you guys have a ClassRep yet, I'd like to get his contact? Also, I want to give out my catalogue of Year One Materials (soft copy & hard copy). Send me a DM on WhatsApp 090.6395.7289.
OK boss. I'll let him know.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 7:55am On May 26, 2023
Jago2244:
I had 290 in 2023 jamb and I choose Udusok medicine and surgery, pls do I stand a chance of gaining admission?
That's a very nice score. Just go and prepare for resumption, all things being equal, you'll get in
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 8:08am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=drisaac4luv post=123288651]I am in your shoes too. Did anatomy and graduate with second class upper. Came for my mbbs but was denied admission the year I served. Strike came and 2020 covid. I was 25 that time. Now, I'm 28, I was just given the admission and we've resumed. Along the line of waiting, I applied for msc which i am about to round up with my defence.

My brother, let's pray all things augur well with the country. God gives us life and good health, we will still be alive in the next 6 years without having anything to speak for if we don't pursue this. Now, people will expect me to go for Phd. Definitely, all my friends will be shocked when they see me in class this month. But does that mean that my calling lies In that, NO.

My candid advice, never look down on your age. Never looked into your age. Pursue your dreams. As long as there is a will, there is a way.

Perhaps you can reach out to me for better discussion via WhatsApp.
Zero eight one zero one two three one two five two

I tap into the Grace bro. I'm your course mate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.