Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power (8620 Views)

Ngeria - The Next World Power / A World Without Technology. Who Do You Think Will Hold The World Power? / Nigeria Has All It Takes To Be A World Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 18, 2012
Βουκέφαλος: super world power in corruption YES!
and for wush sch dem tell u say una no face challenges be u archive good thing. America wey una dey shout face the thing wey 9ja dey face before dem come tanda. Good thing no come easily as i dey ye ram
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Horus(m): 1:17am On Sep 18, 2012
The world used to view China as a poverty stricken overpopulated state. look at China now; Nigeria is following.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by ektbear: 1:39am On Sep 18, 2012
1. China has nearly 10x the population of Nigeria.
2. Moreover, it actually was one of the richest and most powerful countries on earth up until 1700 or so.
3. China has been achieving 10%+ GDP growth/year for what, 30+ years now?

China and Nigeria are not very similar, imo
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Shalome(m): 2:24am On Sep 18, 2012
Our forefathers tried but our Fathers fail us. This Ginger swagger wizzy fimile MTV Warreffa Generation can't steer us to World domination...i am sorry
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by OneNaira6: 4:47am On Sep 18, 2012
oluface: Is it possible?

Is this a serious question or are you joking? I can't seem to tell.

You are not serious are you?
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by BIZNESSMIND: 5:16am On Sep 18, 2012
oluface: a country powerful
enough to influence
events throughout the
world

Very impossible, because of our atitude towards the rule of law & our indiscipline. Mind you, a country with so much corruption like Nigeria will keep on dreaming to attain a great height. Anyway, I still wish us goodluck though.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by crackhouse(m): 5:36am On Sep 18, 2012
U are still talking abt Nigeria being a world power but i am here to let u know that Nigeria will be out the World map if care is not taken.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by crackhouse(m): 5:39am On Sep 18, 2012
Horus: The world used to view China as a poverty stricken overpopulated state. look at China now; Nigeria is following.
my dear stop consoling and confusing yourself. With the way things are going, Nigeria will soon be outta world map.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by divinelove(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2012
Yes nigeria can when nigerians becomes corrupt free n merit enthroned.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2012
I feel like weeping for my dear country naija. Her citizen never wish her well. We hate naija personately. What have u contributed to the growth of naija?
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by AjanleKoko: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2012
Nigeria is more likely to dissolve into separate ethnic-oriented states than become a world superpower. But in the next one hundred-odd years, who knows?
We don't have the elite who can transform the nation at this time. Maybe they're a generation or two away. What we can do now is to try and develop the country, like Brazil and China have done. Then we see what happens next.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Akwusike: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2012
Mtchew! Malaria dream' :-XMtchew! Malaria dream'
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by sniperwolf(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2012
We can't even host an Olympic. It's so unfortunate that we can't be a world power before this world comes to an end
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by ektbear: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2012
sniperwolf: We can't even host an Olympic. It's so unfortunate that we can't be a world power before this world comes to an end

To some extent, it is out of our hands. Our ancestors did not conquer vast amounts of land, which is a prerequisite for empire-building (and arguably also for becoming a world power).

Imo, just try to make your life and that of your family/descendants as pleasant as possible. Stressing about stuff like this isn't worth the headache.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by lovehouse(m): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2012
Nigeria can be, but it depends on our character as Nigerians. We are the Nigeria. Every Nigerian's mindset starting from d poor to the rich, from the smallest to the biggest, from the followers to te leaders, we all should should have a new mindset of optmism and positivity. We should all stop corruption and think of making Nigeria great. Lets sacrifice for the greatness of this country...
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by psalmizt(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2012
ekt_bear:

To some extent, it is out of our hands. Our ancestors did not conquer vast amounts of land, which is a prerequisite for empire-building (and arguably also for becoming a world power).

Imo, just try to make your life and that of your family/descendants as pleasant as possible. Stressing about stuff like this isn't worth the headache wink wink wink wink.

@Bolded, but it is worth the fun cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

On a more serious note bros (that is under the assumption you are a guy), don't you think the whole "make your own life pleasant" got us to this point we are at This mentality is antiprogress and utterly retrogressive... Check out the countries that have made it to the pinnacle of human achievements, Individualistic tendencies were flushed down the drain while Nationalistic Behaviour was embraced. The truth is until we truly get our acts together, the whole mentality of running our own local govts will keep us at the bottom of the food chain while more civilized environments 'd be giving us handouts.... shocked shocked shocked Hopefully e no go reach that level
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by vanstanzy(m): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2012
oluface: Is it possible?

This is a question for another time. Meanwhile lets face our "hoard of" problems as a nation, which are so many like a legion of demons. U get my drift? wink wink wink
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by vanstanzy(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2012
ekt_bear:

Imo, just try to make your life and that of your family/descendants as pleasant as possible. Stressing about stuff like this isn't worth the headache.

Sorry to spill ur beans, but u are one of those that keep amasing wealth with the goal of (making your life and that of your family/descendants as pleasant as possible) at the expense of others. This will take us nowhere, believe it or not.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by ektbear: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2012
I think that if you try to make your life pleasant in honest ways that don't involve looting public wealth, the end result will be a pretty prosperous society.

Yes, there is an element of communal sacrifice/contributing to the greater good necessary. But communal sacrifice alone is no replacement for individual progress.

In short, try to make your life as happy as possible, while not stealing and while also paying your taxes, etc.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by AjanleKoko: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2012
ekt_bear: I think that if you try to make your life pleasant in honest ways that don't involve looting public wealth, the end result will be a pretty prosperous society.

Yes, there is an element of communal sacrifice/contributing to the greater good necessary. But communal sacrifice alone is no replacement for individual progress.

In short, try to make your life as happy as possible, while not stealing and while also paying your taxes, etc.

. . . and also doing your bit to create some prosperity and opportunity for others. Not in the usual Naija-handout way of course, but you could invest in businesses that create jobs, maybe social entrepreneurship.

There's also scholarship opportunities, donations to schools, hospitals, etc. If everyone does that, life will improve for a lot more people. Right now, we spend a lot of energy and time complaining about stuff we have no way of influencing.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by psalmizt(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2012
ekt_bear: I think that if you try to make your life pleasant in honest ways that don't involve looting public wealth, the end result will be a pretty prosperous society.

Living pleasant cannot be overemphasized but for a Nation to move on and make giant strides, little drops of water won't cut it... The proverbial 1 broom stick and a collection of sticks puts it all in perspective... We need to drop the individualistic mentality and "only me" syndrome... wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

. . . and also doing your bit to create some prosperity and opportunity for others. Not in the usual Naija-handout way of course, but you could invest in businesses that create jobs, maybe social entrepreneurship.

There's also scholarship opportunities, donations to schools, hospitals, etc. If everyone does that, life will improve for a lot more people. Right now, we spend a lot of energy and time complaining about stuff we have no way of influencing.

And praying about the ones we can. Super power my foot!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by nedu2000(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2012
Of course we can,naturally we've got d population,everyother thing can work out eventually
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2012
naijababe:

And praying about the ones we can. Super power my foot!!!

Nah, I think we pray about everything. Which isn't such a bad thing in itself, if we could only pray first, and do next. Not just pray and pray, and pray some more, without doing squat. embarassed
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Kenyanstar: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2012
Nigerias obsession with being a super power or dreaming thereby is fantasy taken to the extreme. the following steps i will highlight clearly proves that:-
1. infrastructure- the countries road network is in pathetic condition, air tranport is archaic with saftey records an issue, railway system is creaking and rustic. transportation is a nightmare.
2. housing sector:- it is in shumbles with poor plannig, basic housing components are null. gabbage collection is non existent. access to housing is almost impossible. electficity is errortic. water is a pipe dream.
3. health- it is in dissaray. medicine either lacks or are fake,stolen oru expired. lack of basic healthcare facilities. affordability of healthcare.
pathetic medical equipments.uderpaid hospital staff.
4.politics-it the most descripit system of governance in the world. the constitution is the most contradictory law of the land. visionless leaders. defunct separation of governance and power. corrupt politicians. dormant civil service. tribal politics.nepotism. big man syndrome.

what steps have nigerians taken to lend credit towards becoming a super power. there are dozens of countries who are better of than superpower countries. newzeland,canada, japan and indonesia are few of the countries who are in the league of contention of superpower but never seen them fighting for that title. nigerians should be preoccupied with the fighti for better living condition and governance not how powerfull you are. nigeria has bigger oil deposits than botswana but has life improved for the better for the ordinary nigerian compared to any ordinary botswanans.no! bigger or super is not always better .
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by solomon111(m): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Kenyanstar: Nigerias obsession with being a super power or dreaming thereby is fantasy taken to the extreme. the following steps i will highlight clearly proves that:-
1. infrastructure- the countries road network is in pathetic condition, air tranport is archaic with saftey records an issue, railway system is creaking and rustic. transportation is a nightmare.
2. housing sector:- it is in shumbles with poor plannig, basic housing components are null. gabbage collection is non existent. access to housing is almost impossible. electficity is errortic. water is a pipe dream.
3. health- it is in dissaray. medicine either lacks or are fake,stolen oru expired. lack of basic healthcare facilities. affordability of healthcare.
pathetic medical equipments.uderpaid hospital staff.
4.politics-it the most descripit system of governance in the world. the constitution is the most contradictory law of the land. visionless leaders. defunct separation of governance and power. corrupt politicians. dormant civil service. tribal politics.nepotism. big man syndrome.

what steps have nigerians taken to lend credit towards becoming a super power. there are dozens of countries who are better of than superpower countries. newzeland,canada, japan and indonesia are few of the countries who are in the league of contention of superpower but never seen them fighting for that title. nigerians should be preoccupied with the fighti for better living condition and governance not how powerfull you are. nigeria has bigger oil deposits than botswana but has life improved for the better for the ordinary nigerian compared to any ordinary botswanans.no! bigger or super is not always better .

STFU and focus on your god-forsaken country.
Bitter fool!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by AjanleKoko: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: STFU and focus on your god-forsaken country.
Bitter fool!

LOL.
But I feel you. Who needs a Kenyan clown who can't spell right commenting on the fate of Nigeria?
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by onyxo76(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
to be honest...i don't think so.maybe not in our generation,we can keep dreaming though!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
onyxo76: to be honest...i don't think so.maybe not in our generation,we can keep dreaming though!!!
All things are possible with God .
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by juman(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
I don't think so in this present form of nigeria.

May be it could be possible if there is restructuring. But the best thing to do is to divide the country.

No to one nigeria.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power by onyxo76(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Air_Lord: All are r possible with God .
all is possible with God i agree but are we living to please God as a people?we are disunited among ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions / Emergency Rule: Reps Withdraw Jonathan’s Power Over States’ Funds / Sanwo-Olu's Speech As He Presents 2021 Budget To The Lagos House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.