Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How To Identify Refurbished blackberry - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Refurbished blackberry (19781 Views)

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards / How To Identify An Unknown Caller! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by gambus007(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89: I just brought this curve4 from someone and when I switch the phone off it show funny image. I wanted to know if the phone is refurbished.
Am using curve4,imy BB get d logo.Na so curve4 dey display.its orginal.no fear guy,but curve4,bold5 get wahala o.Na promblmatic fone o.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by kfree: 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
Guy u don 4uk up plenty ooo wen u on da fone e suppose show u obasenjo face 4 de screen oo.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by aryzgreat: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89: alleluia!!! maga don pay!!! cheesy cheesy

Guy I no be maga the phone is working 100% with the full function of blackberry I just upgrade the OS to 7.1 now. tongue

Re-fur does not mean chinko, it works like ur normal phone, but d life span is short, if it falls thats the end or u over-charge it, it can close eye and no naija phone repairer can fix it unless they take it back to china.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Now am confused.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Felixadded(m): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89: alleluia!!! maga don pay!!! cheesy cheesy

Guy I no be maga the phone is working 100% with the full function of blackberry I just upgrade the OS to 7.1 now. tongue
Guy how did you upgraded ur phone n may know d model?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Felixadded(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
[/color][color=]
stunt89: Now am confused.
Why are confused?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Felixadded(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
[/color][color=]
Why are you confused?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
Goto option~device~software update then download the latest OS for ur device.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by austin4real(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
The logo simply implies dat the phone wuz not assembled in Canada, where RIM is located. It means it wuz assembled in china. U're still gonna be able to do all the basic BB functions tho, however, it won't be as durable as the Canada assemble BB phones...
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Felixadded: [/color][color=][b][/b] Why are you confused?

Beacuse I don't know maybe the phone will last long.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by ay0201(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
jamil!:
Never mind using Nokia E5 it will all the time browse NL and other important site on request.
You are so on point. NOKIA phones for life.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Etihad: 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
The phone is okay,dats an unbranded bb phone
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by davades(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89: I just brought this curve4 from someone and when I switch the phone off it show funny image. I wanted to know if the phone is refurbished.

Why it is displaying †ЂΞ blackberry hologram is bcuz †ЂΞ smart phone itself is from †ЂΞ blackberry company example verizon , AT&T etc have their blackberries too which are †ЂΞ most common ones...as simple as ABC...mind Ɣ☺ΰ‎​‎​ blackberries from verizon, AT&T displayed theirs too
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by skykid86: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
I think dat logo only shows in blackberries assembled in malaysia, cos mine shows dat wen I switch it on and off and its made in malaysia, oda ones don't.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
skykid86: I think dat logo only shows in blackberries assembled in malaysia, cos mine shows dat wen I switch it on and off and its made in malaysia, oda ones don't.

The phone is also made in malaysia
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by Emmykeyz(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
There is a simple way to check that your newly purchased BlackBerry Smartphone is really new. (Forget the packaging!!!) Cuz Lately, many 'NEW' devices are being sold as rebuilt or refurbished.

To access the hidden menu that will show you the data, head to the menu OPTIONS and then STATUS, while on that screen type BUYR and a new chart information that was hidden will appear.

Data Usage:
Voice Usage:

If the Blackberry is indeed brand new, values ​​must be zero. :|

On devices with OS 6 go to: Options / Device / device status information, in that screen type BUYR on keyboard
On devices running OS 7 or 7.1 go to: Options / Device / Device and Status Information then type BUYR.

Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by mizzyboy007: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
some blackberry locked fones are like dat...mine had d same thing even when I unlocked it...u r good to go, therez no problem with d fone. Av even used mine for 3 years. Never had an issue. Its just branded that's all. Good luck.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by obinnamaxwell: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89:

Omo I don buy refurbish phone, there is a blue paper on one of the screw.
lolzz ur own don be oº°˚˚°º
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by AbdulMajeed2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
hey i stay in Abuja nd i need a 2nd hand blackberry 07032487977,08181837159...call me
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by AbdulMajeed2(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
also looking 4 nokia E5 or N95 to buy at an affordable price,08181837159
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by vitality22(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
stunt89:

Omo I don buy refurbish phone, there is a blue paper on one of the screw.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by castrokins(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
I need a blackberry curve II london used ASAP. got one? ping 234ed139. thanks
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by flexya: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
Emmykeyz: There is a simple way to check that your newly purchased BlackBerry Smartphone is really new. (Forget the packaging!!!) Cuz Lately, many 'NEW' devices are being sold as rebuilt or refurbished.

To access the hidden menu that will show you the data, head to the menu OPTIONS and then STATUS, while on that screen type BUYR and a new chart information that was hidden will appear.

Data Usage:
Voice Usage:

On devices with OS 6 go to: Options / Device / device status information, in that screen type BUYR on keyboard
On devices running OS 7 or 7.1 go to: Options / Device / Device and Status Information then type BUYR.

Thanks bro. Best answer of the lot!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by femi4: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
Felixadded: Guy how did you upgraded ur phone n may know d model?
https://www.nairaland.com/978446/update-blackberry-os-7.1-best
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by aieromon(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
Emmykeyz: There is a simple way to check that your newly purchased BlackBerry Smartphone is really new. (Forget the packaging!!!) Cuz Lately, many 'NEW' devices are being sold as rebuilt or refurbished.

Data Usage:
Voice Usage:

In addition,refurbished phones are sold as brand new. Once you follow the instructions highlighted above, you will be fine.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by lordmassac(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
My people abeg how do I upgrade the OS?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by mrkels(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Emmykeyz:
Guy my IT policy is disabled?please How do I enable it?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by kpolli(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2012

Very original
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by day4(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Beware!!!
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by sans59: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2012

Data Usage:
Voice Usage:

What about an anti-theft app that works like avast antivirus/anti-theft on android phone? One that can't be un-installed even if the blackberry is formatted or a hard reset done on it, the anti-virus will still be there and rooted and can be put on stealth mode......you know any?
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by moilovie: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hia abeg oh... I bought a new Bold 5 but each time i switch it on it shows vodacom...... I have always doubted if the phone is new, it came with the corect packaging.
Re: How To Identify Refurbished blackberry by aieromon(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
mrkels:
Guy my IT policy is disabled?please How do I enable it?

You dont need to enable it since you are'nt on an enterprise package.

moilovie: Hia abeg oh... I bought a new Bold 5 but each time i switch it on it shows vodacom...... I have always doubted if the phone is new, it came with the corect packaging.

Oga,there is nothing wrong with your phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price / Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / Have Android Updates Become Useless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.