Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. (16368 Views)

Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: my advice to Sexkillz: i know you like saying your mind without fear or favour and all that(blah blah blah). most of the time i actually agree with your decisions and arguments and comments but right now, you have to take a moment, take a deep breath and perhaps consider that maybe, just maybe the majority are right in this case. personally, i think you are doing a great job but alas, i'm the minority here. why not just take a chill pill?
1) you dont have to respond to every accusation here. some are best left unanswered because you know they'll not come to any reasonable conclusion.
2) your incessant bans are becoming too much. seriously.
3)this Mod thingy is seen here as a kind of position of authority and this is why you have to exercise some form of caution and management skills.
you obviously cant please everybody but you still cant just be going about banning people anyhow. i personally have my grudges about some MODs here but i think its simply not worth it. NL no de give me money, instead it takes too much of my time and if a MOD takes it upon him/herself to ban me, fine! i'll never open a 2nd account.
anyway, i hope i made some sense?
you made every sense bro but with the way the guy is going, I think he bought a 40% stake on NairaLand. That could probably be the only reason he is the way he is without getting dumped.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
brokoto: my advice to Sexkillz: i know you like saying your mind without fear or favour and all that(blah blah blah). most of the time i actually agree with your decisions and arguments and comments but right now, you have to take a moment, take a deep breath and perhaps consider that maybe, just maybe the majority are right in this case. personally, i think you are doing a great job but alas, i'm the minority here. why not just take a chill pill?
1) you dont have to respond to every accusation here. some are best left unanswered because you know they'll not come to any reasonable conclusion.
2) your incessant bans are becoming too much. seriously.
3)this Mod thingy is seen here as a kind of position of authority and this is why you have to exercise some form of caution and management skills.
you obviously cant please everybody but you still cant just be going about banning people anyhow. i personally have my grudges about some MODs here but i think its simply not worth it. NL no de give me money, instead it takes too much of my time and if a MOD takes it upon him/herself to ban me, fine! i'll never open a 2nd account.
anyway, i hope i made some sense?
you made every sense bro but with the way the guy is going, I think he bought a 40% stake on NairaLand. That could probably be the only reason he is the way he is without getting dumped.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by onatisi(m): 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:

i have been thinking along that line too
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:

No. . .

I actually own Nairaland, and i pay seun salary. . . In fact, my being a mod is to hide my true self as the owner of the site. . .
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 12:00am On Sep 19, 2012
onatisi:
haha
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 19, 2012
onatisi:
I always knew you were intelligent. . .
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2012
sexkillz: No. . .

I actually own Nairaland, and i pay seun salary. . . In fact, my being a mod is to hide my true self as the owner of the site. . .
ok. but all am saying is you need to be moderated yourself.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

ok. but all am saying is you need to be moderated yourself.
Just tell me, and I'll make you a moderator. You have been dying to be one, right? Just say the word. smiley
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by wonlasewonimi: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2012
You guys have obviously not met the only mod whose placenta was fed to the rabid dogs in sagamu... Sagamoron
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 12:18am On Sep 19, 2012
sexkillz: Just tell me, and I'll make you a moderator. You have been dying to be one, right? Just say the word. smiley
Yes oh. Only if the take home pay is $25000 or more a month. Sign me up. Am learning you got that 40% stake.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Yes oh. Only if the take home pay is $25000 or more a month. Sign me up. Am learning you got that 40% stake.
The take home pay is more than that. . . Still interested?
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 12:22am On Sep 19, 2012
wonlasewonimi: You guys have obviously not met the only mod whose placenta was fed to the rabid dogs in sagamu... Sagamoron
hahahahaha, Chineke Mo!!!!!!!!! Guy you need to fear God. which section is that btw.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by MrGlobe(m): 12:25am On Sep 19, 2012
sexkillz: The take home pay is more than that. . . Still interested?
Even withthe Google inflicted recession? Nah am not. I can't trust the source now.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by cantell(m): 12:25am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:
SEUN WHY IS IT THAT YOU ONLY USE Yorubas AS YOUR MODERATORS, AND PLEASE DONT TELL ME ABOUT THOSE FEW REJECTED IGBOS YOU CHOSE WHO HAVE ALL LOST THERE IDENTITIES AND ARE TRYING TO BE MORE Yoruba THAN AWO.
O boy dis guy dey craze! I've read this comment like a million times and yet i still manage to laugh each time i read it.
"trying to be more yoruba than Awo"lol
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by olivertwist: 12:28am On Sep 19, 2012
ekt_bear: At a minimum, maclatunji should be made the junior mod of the islam forum, stripped of his ability to ban people and hide posts.

Jarus for the most part is a reasonable fellow, without maclatunji's fascist tendencies.

I've never posted anything on the 'islam for muslims only' forum on NL until I saw a topic on the front page. I replied a muslim guy who said something like he can't watch while Mohammed is being ridiculed, and that he had to do 'something'. I asked what he meant by ' do something', whether it means killing his non-muslim neighbours? And that was my crime. The Murderator mr. Maclatunji hide my post and I was banned from posting on that said thread.

Anyway, my best moderators are Jarus and Mukina (maybe coz she's an arsenal fan) wink

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Even withthe Google inflicted recession? Nah am not. I can't trust the source now.
What recession? That is how spurious stories spread. . . This is the chance to be a mod that you have been waiting for.

Take it!
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Katsumoto: 1:23am On Sep 19, 2012
The criticism of OAM4J is unfair.

1. He didn't make the rules
2. He gets blamed for topics not appearing on FP - Seun and the Supermods are responsible for that
3. People who get banned by the bot don't even wait to ascertain who banned them; they immediately assume OAM4J did it
4. The politics section is the most difficult section to moderate for obvious reasons
5. Some posters expect him to take sides while others accuse him of being biased even when there isn't anything to suggest that's the case
6. Some posters have ridiculously accused him of using Seun's account to ban them; how pathetic and childish is that?
7. Why are grown men afraid to confront Seun and Mukina? Why go after the gentle guy?

He is human and may make mistakes but overall, he is a very good and balanced Mod. If you follow the rules, then you shouldn't have issues with the moderators. No point breaking the rules, getting banned, and then complaining that you were banned or that someone else did the same thing and wasn't banned. Mods can not see every single post.

OAM4J,

You are doing a good job. Folks complaining are usually those who get banned.

5 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by dayokanu(m): 1:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Jarus: DK, wetin my partner do you now? smiley

Katsumoto.

The worst thing is when one is never consistent in his use of rules and keep shifting goalposts. There is a set of NL rules which he doesnt follow and he creates his own rules. he is easily the worst mod ever seen on NL.

I have been on here for over 6yrs on Politics, Sports which are easily the most volatile. I have seen Jarus mod, even freaking Kosovo does a better job.

Some ppl are better just where they are as posters without any responsibilities given to them
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Katsumoto: 1:25am On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu:

He is never consistent with his use of rules. I have never had any issue with any mod till now even in the volatile Sports section

Abeg go chill jor. grin grin grin

Free the guy.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by dayokanu(m): 1:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Katsumoto:

Abeg go chill jor. grin grin grin

Free the guy.

Katsumoto.

The worst thing is when one is never consistent in his use of rules and keep shifting goalposts. There is a set of NL rules which he doesnt follow and he creates his own rules. he is easily the worst mod ever seen on NL.

I have been on here for over 6yrs on Politics, Sports which are easily the most volatile. I have seen Jarus mod, even freaking Kosovo does a better job.

Some ppl are better just where they are as posters without any responsibilities given to them
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 19, 2012
Wait. . . so dayo is serious about OAM4J?

I thought it was all a joke. Na wa undecided
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Katsumoto: 1:43am On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Katsumoto.

I get what you are saying but do you think one can find consistency in war? Sometimes, posters are battling on a thread that its impossible for a mod to keep up. His actions may seem inconsistent but the best thing to do is to point out issues and give the mod time to respond.

Jarus is a good guy and mod but he isn't as active as oam4j. That's not a criticism; just an observation. Mods have different day jobs and online access; so thats to be expected.

They are also peeps who also have their own issues to attend to.

Abeg chill o; please go to the nearest naija joint and have a few odeku on me; i will pay when next am in Texas. grin grin grin grin
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by jmaine: 2:18am On Sep 19, 2012
OAM4J is my man . .abeg make una free am . . .body no be machine grin . . . .

Respect the rules by insulting mildly . it's .get's the job done and keeps you out of trouble cheesy
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by ektbear: 2:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Wait. . . so dayo is serious about OAM4J?

I thought it was all a joke. Na wa undecided

same
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Odunnu: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Katsumoto.

Na so you vex so tey you begin stammer double post. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by OAM4J: 3:05am On Sep 19, 2012
Jarus:
DK, wetin my partner do you now? smiley

Jarus check his ban log on his profile, you will understand the reason for the hate.

Dayokanu thought he was a sacred cow, above ban and I became the worst moderator to him when I started banning him for his 'tribal' posts. Also I think he has something personal against me so am not surprised he will even blame me when his football team also loses a match. Dont mind him, he just need to grow up and stop his childish tribal wars.

Thanks to Ekt_bear, Katsumoto, Ileke-Idi and many others that understand and appreciate the challenges of our job here, I can only promise to keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by 1025: 3:10am On Sep 19, 2012
hahahahahahahah this is the most interesting topics i have ever seen on this forum.

does any one here know chamotex the moderator in the sports section? wow, if you say anything against arsenal, you posts will never show again. that one lacks everything it takes to be a moderator.
pls let these guys know that we are here to express our feelings no matter how odd they may sound. the moderators shld not force us to buy their own ideas.
those of us here wey never experience that CHAMOTEX de moderator, pls try and visit the sports section especially arsenal thread.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Demdem(m): 3:15am On Sep 19, 2012
jay bee: Nice to see some constructive criticisms not just the outright dislike/hate

R231 is a tout. SIMPLE.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Demdem(m): 3:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Me think this killsex of a mod is actually a disaster. I can feel the pain of those he is moderating. He sounds so arrogant. Seun made a mistake here no doubt. What av seen on this thread alone is more than enough to convince me.
Oam4j is very ok for politics IMO.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by dayokanu(m): 3:50am On Sep 19, 2012
OAM4J:

Jarus check his ban log on his profile, you will understand the reason for the hate.

Dayokanu thought he was a sacred cow, above ban and I became the worst moderator to him when I started banning him for his 'tribal' posts. Also I think he has something personal against me so am not surprised he will even blame me when his football team also loses a match. Dont mind him, he just need to grow up and stop his childish tribal wars.

You are not the first mod that would ban me but I can tell you are the most incompetent even worse than Kosovo who also got me banned several times. And has the ban stopped the tribal posts? Oshi ko da nile pako.

Being a mod is probably the high point of your online career thats why you cant wait to wield the powers that has been denied in more important aspect of life. Many ppl on this forum have declined several opportunities to be what you hold in so much high esteem.

I wont deny you your time in the sun. enjoy it to the fullest who knows when the next recognition would come by.

Omo aijebe ri, ti on ja epo saya.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by naptu2: 4:01am On Sep 19, 2012
All the mods have been good to me and I believe that they are doing a good job. The only "mod" I have a problem with is the anti-spam bot "Pyguru".
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by OAM4J: 4:33am On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu:

You are not the first mod that would ban me but I can tell you are the most incompetent even worse than Kosovo who also got me banned several times. And has the ban stopped the tribal posts? Oshi ko da nile pako.

Being a mod is probably the high point of your online career thats why you cant wait to wield the powers that has been denied in more important aspect of life. Many ppl on this forum have declined several opportunities to be what you hold in so much high esteem.

I wont deny you your time in the sun. enjoy it to the fullest who knows when the next recognition would come by.

Omo aijebe ri, ti on ja epo saya.

Lol. Take your ban like a man just as you used to advise others and stop complaining & whining everywhere cos it now gets to you.

Who cares about your opinion and assessment of me? If you can do a good job at moderating, why didnt you take it up when you were offered. Anyways, it's not too late, you can have the job, will be so glad to leave it for you and see what good job you will do.

You are not wise, you have no damm clue about who I am, whereas your whole life are all over the internet. No, I can not compare you with me. Never. I only laugh at your ignorance cos it doesnt make you look good. Iwo lomo oju o ri ola ri to nfi moto pose.

Just grow up. Am done with you.

And you lied, Kosovo had no power to ban you when he was a mod. Only Seun, Debosky & Mukina2 had the powers then.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Service Of Songs For Alex Ekwueme In London (Photos) / 2023: Sani Yerima Declares For President / Ogun Council Chairmen Prostrate, Beg Governor Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.