Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” (13438 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by EkoIle1: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
thelastPope:

You didn't read the part where Fashola made a request abi? Your daftness is incomprehendable. It is sad that NL is now flooded by kids. Effects of 20mb free Etisalat

The request was for the federal government to accord the state special status which should have been done decades ago way before Retardeen and that's not the same thin gas working with Retardeen on any level.

...but the dumb Retardeen fool instead of granting the request and call it a day, the fool is talking about working together with his weak and incompetent a/s/s/s. How do you work with dullards sef? You won make den slow you down and mess up your work and good name?

In fact, working with anything PDP means writing yourself off. Where is Ribadu today after agreeing to work with the useless PDP, den don shift the man to the curb and keep am quiet with plush job and benefits.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by buhak: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
is good, let them work together since fashola is not doing anything for us in alimosho local govt maybe jona will help us out

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by PEREP: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
ojesymsym: Work with You? Why?

Can Oil and water mix? NO
Can someone who cares work with someone who does not give a damn? NO
Can the most praised governor work with the most critised president? No
Can an IQ of 130 work with an IQ of 70? NO
Can a high speed vehicle of 300Km/hr work with one of 60Km/hr? No

No Mr president, the best he can do with you is walk with you, but working with you? we non go even allow am. You will drag lagos back or at best slow it down.

Please who is praising the Governor of Lagos state for having so much resources with very little to show for it. This is a Lagos where 52% of the nations GDP is generated?? Lagos of today is characterized by citizens walking and living in an environment where you pay for almost everything (we will soon pay for air) and the road network expected to be on the laps of State government is so rugged that every trip on Lagos road send aches all around the body.

The government run enforcement units with targets expected to pay their salaries. Can't really imagine what will happen if Lagos have armed Police with targets to deliver revenue to the state government.

With Land use charge alone, Lagos rake in billions on a monthly basis not to talk of multiple taxation all over. There are many exploitative efforts by the Lagos State Government and yet we are talking of an investment friendly environment.

If many of us living in Lagos can connect Speed train to Ibadan/Abeokuta daily, we won't think twice before moving.

The Federal government of today is not there too but the efforts are yielding positive results and I know all will pay off in a couple of moments. I just hope if this government deliver on power, Naija won't come up with another excuse why they cannot grow a business successfully.

Just my thots
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by OtunbaGm: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dats will only happen if Tinubu gives the go ahead
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by EkoIle1: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
buhak: is good, let them work together since fashola is not doing anything for us in alimosho local govt maybe jona will help us out

Fashola inaugurates 13km road network in Alimosho

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fashola-inaugurates-13km-road-network-in-alimosho/

Fashola Hands Over Network Of 11 Roads In Alimosho

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2012/05/24/20120524N01.html

New Shopping Mall In Alimosho In The Offing

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88070:new-shopping-mall-in-alimosho-in-the-offing&catid=181:cityfile&Itemid=708
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by EkoIle1: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
PEREP:

Please who is praising the Governor of Lagos state for having so much resources with very little to show for it

Lagos state is the only state in Nigeria and the whole of west Africa getting a big bang for their money. And if with 20 million people the state is still able to achieve so much, what about some states in Nigeria with more money than Lagos state and 1-5 million population and still nothing to show for it.

To even say Lagos state has nothing to show means you are hopelessly clueless.

This is a Lagos where 52% of the nations GDP is generated??

The size of the Lagos economy put at $50 billion at the end of 2011, currently accounts for 20 percent of Nigeria’s GDP.

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/35904-lagos-to-drive-nigerias-growth-generate-investment-opportunities.

And GDP has nothing to do with the budget the state actually work with. GDP means the state of the economy, not what goes inside the state's pocket, most of it goes to Abuja in form of taxes and VATs.

Go back to the drawing board and Educate yourself a little...
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by igbsam(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Before i can approve fashola to work with you MR. JONA, please take a look at all the federal roads in Lagos, They are death traps. Fashola working with you, will only spell doom for lagosians because you don't even care about the state, and dat's the federal roads.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by saintneo(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Very repulsive & stuup1d title.

Which president of any nation would not want the economic hub city of the his/her to country progress?
In the UK, Cameron voted against EU polices so as to protect the City of London; note there is a London Mayor - Boris. Even Sarkozy - French president then was very critical of Cameron accussing him of creating two-speed Europe.
Nigerians are filled with so much hatred, a situation that requires co-operation, we get politicized and tribalised.
Finally this thread will not affect the price of G4rrrrri & ewudu soup.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by pendusky(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
ojesymsym: Work with You? Why?

Can Oil and water mix? NO
Can someone who cares work with someone who does not give a damn? NO
Can the most praised governor work with the most critised president? No
Can an IQ of 130 work with an IQ of 70? NO
Can a high speed vehicle of 300Km/hr work with one of 60Km/hr? No

No Mr president, the best he can do with you is walk with you, but working with you? we non go even allow am. You will drag lagos back or at best slow it down.

Are you from lagos? no
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by danjohn: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
thelastPope:

Another ignorant kid on NL. Who needs who? Lagos need FG not the other way round. Fashola is the one asking for Mega city. I wish GEJ will shun him and take it somewhere else.

Take it to where? Your village? Abeg go and sit down.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by DANILSA(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
thelastPope:

Learn how to read. He was responding to Fashola's request for mega city. He didn't come to beg Fashola to work with him. Is it that people is Lagos don't know how to read?
They know how to read but some people are naturally endowed with unlimited ignorance and ssttuuppiiddttyy.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by danjohn: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
PEREP:

Please who is praising the Governor of Lagos state for having so much resources with very little to show for it. This is a Lagos where 52% of the nations GDP is generated?? Lagos of today is characterized by citizens walking and living in an environment where you pay for almost everything (we will soon pay for air) and the road network expected to be on the laps of State government is so rugged that every trip on Lagos road send aches all around the body.

The government run enforcement units with targets expected to pay their salaries. Can't really imagine what will happen if Lagos have armed Police with targets to deliver revenue to the state government.

With Land use charge alone, Lagos rake in billions on a monthly basis not to talk of multiple taxation all over. There are many exploitative efforts by the Lagos State Government and yet we are talking of an investment friendly environment.

If many of us living in Lagos can connect Speed train to Ibadan/Abeokuta daily, we won't think twice before moving.

The Federal government of today is not there too but the efforts are yielding positive results and I know all will pay off in a couple of moments. I just hope if this government deliver on power, Naija won't come up with another excuse why they cannot grow a business successfully.

Just my thots

My friend you dont have to live in Lagos. You can always move to Ado Ekiti or Abeokuta. In fact why havent you moved to Ibadan already?

Nigerians want everything from government but they dont want to pay for it. We have to pay taxes in order to develop our society. I live in the US and I pay a lot of taxes. 33% of my salary goes to federal, state, and city taxes. Everything is taxed. When I lived in Chicago almost all the highways had tolls. When I go out to buy anything, I pay a 7% - 8% sales tax. When I buy a house I will pay property taxes. By paying those taxes I get to drive on good roads, go to good hospitals when I fall sick, enjoy security, and can call 911 when my safety is threatened etc. There are so many states in Nigeria country with people who pay no taxes. These are states whose commissioners of finance go to Abuja every month hat in hand begging for Niger Delta oil money. You can criticize Lagos all you want but you live in Lagos because it is the economic hub of Nigeria.

Governor Fashola has done a good job. He has made Lagos less reliant on the federal government by making the citizens of the state to fund the government in the state. If you want a state where you pay no taxes and where everything is free then you are free to go elsewhere. Just remember while you are at it that you will get what you pay for.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by hakanai(m): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
Exponental:
U dey vex ooooo, how can a man with shoe walk with one with no shoe.
Birds of d same feather .........

2 be sincere, lagos is d heartbeat of nigeria.
The man has a point here, but his party will not make things work 4 him.
BTW____Fashola beware, they are desperate 4 Lagos!

^^^ You hit it on the head.Please also note that Lagos is key to the survival of any party in the SW.Especially an opposition party for that matter. Considering the PDP hold more states,Fed gov and Nigeria's resources at the top.Giving them the muscles except for the SW.Anytime Lagos fall to PDP.I doubt if the opposition have any hope again.Except a mass revolution to jolt or halt there power grab for ever. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
If GEJ needs to help.It is still good thing.I don't also believe that the issues should end at the MEGA city.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
This politics section is not for kids, Kids Stay off Politics Section! You can go to Jokes & Romance section. That being said; GEJ's leadership style evokes hope for Nigeria. Humility and wisdom has been personified. Lagos State is Nigeria's former Capital and most of the infrastructures were put in place by the Federal Government. Lagos is where and what it is because of its history as a function of former Capital Territory. Any elected Political office holder ceases to be be partisan to his party and blind loyalty after successful election in order to work for the benefit of all Citizens irrespective of who votes you. Although the ripples from the opposing electorates are always loud, one has to be diplomatic in winning the compatriots from opposing political divide into the vision of the government. Fashola is intelligent enough to understand this and I am sure he has little other choice than to dance to the rhythm of the FRESH AIR music. When the beats change to Azonto from Etigi, great dancers change their dancing style to the popular Azonto dance. GEJ, Leads; Others follow. FRESH AIR!
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by bubadaniel13: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: This politics section is not for kids, Kids Stay off Politics Section! You can go to Jokes & Romance section. That being said; GEJ's leadership style evokes hope for Nigeria. Humility and wisdom has been personified. Lagos State is Nigeria's former Capital and most of the infrastructures were put in place by the Federal Government. Lagos is where and what it is because of its history as a function of former Capital Territory. Any elected Political office holder ceases to be be partisan to his party and blind loyalty after successful election in order to work for the benefit of all Citizens irrespective of who votes you. Although the ripples from the opposing electorates are always loud, one has to be diplomatic in winning the compatriots from opposing political divide into the vision of the government. Fashola is intelligent enough to understand this and I am sure he has little other choice than to dance to the rhythm of the FRESH AIR music. When the beats change to Azonto from Etigi, great dancers change their dancing style to the popular Azonto dance. GEJ, Leads; Others follow. FRESH AIR!
Gbam!i think it will be nice if those that make posts on politics on NL are properly scrutinized if not we will continue to have people who are suffering from paralysis of analysis distorting people's thought with their myopic and sentimental ideas.If cooperation has become a crime then I pity who those who don't see the humility of GEJ in making Nigeria better,in this light those opposers are enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by denitro(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
mamikky:
There is no president in this country that will play with Lagos.

LOL.. GEJ: Are you sure?
Ask OBJ
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by danjohn: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: This politics section is not for kids, Kids Stay off Politics Section! You can go to Jokes & Romance section. That being said; GEJ's leadership style evokes hope for Nigeria. Humility and wisdom has been personified. Lagos State is Nigeria's former Capital and most of the infrastructures were put in place by the Federal Government. Lagos is where and what it is because of its history as a function of former Capital Territory. Any elected Political office holder ceases to be be partisan to his party and blind loyalty after successful election in order to work for the benefit of all Citizens irrespective of who votes you. Although the ripples from the opposing electorates are always loud, one has to be diplomatic in winning the compatriots from opposing political divide into the vision of the government. Fashola is intelligent enough to understand this and I am sure he has little other choice than to dance to the rhythm of the FRESH AIR music. When the beats change to Azonto from Etigi, great dancers change their dancing style to the popular Azonto dance. GEJ, Leads; Others follow. FRESH AIR!

Sycophant!
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by 1025: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
my bible tells me that light and darkness can never work together. one must give way to the other.
jonathan, if you are still looking for who to work together with, i hereby recommend bode george, bankole, obasanjo, annenih, boko haram, your mentor(ibb), bamanga tukur, hembe, and other tested and trusted criminals in the country.
just take a look at all the fraudulent committees that you have formed under ur administration, tell us which of them is fruitful till date.
you are a symbol of corruption.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
dasarge:

Can posters like you get a Job and get Nigeria better? NO!
Can you improve your mentality and stop being cynical about Nigeria? NO
Can you stop being Fooolish? No!
Hmm. Truth dey pain. Let's the serious, ur presido dey guff. It is the bitter truth and i dare say u cant compare LASG achievements with FG. Igi imu jinna sori
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by bubadaniel13: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025: my bible tells me that light and darkness can never work together. one must give way to the other.
jonathan, if you are still looking for who to work together with, i hereby recommend bode george, bankole, obasanjo, annenih, boko haram, your mentor(ibb), bamanga tukur, hembe, and other tested and trusted criminals in the country.
just take a look at all the fraudulent committees that you have formed under ur administration, tell us which of them is fruitful till date.
you are a symbol of corruption.
I wish you the President....we would have seen your exploits,there is no harm in working together except if you have a different sentiment.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Now the 40 man laptop here again trying to share 4rm lagos state matchless achievements. The truly slowspoke clueless gvt trying to reap where they didnt sow. Gej is trying but i'm yet to feel his impact exept the holabaloo bout corruption in 9ja. Abeg let him do sometin tangible that we all can see.Roads,health,education and transformation in the arms of govt from senators to councillors. Sorry,i refuse to agree that lagos is what Fct has made it.Compare lagos of 2000 to that of 2012 and see the difference. Abeg this guy Fashola is a visionary leader who prefers action to talking that we knw Gej to be.We are now wiser. GEJ has few more years to prove himself else he could humbly ask for Fash's help in ruling.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Now the 40 man laptop here again trying to share 4rm lagos state matchless achievements. The truly slowspoke clueless gvt trying to reap where they didnt sow. Gej is trying but i'm yet to feel his impact exept the holabaloo bout corruption in 9ja. Abeg let him do sometin tangible that we all can see.Roads,health,education and transformation in the arms of govt from senators to councillors. Sorry,i refuse to agree that lagos is what Fct has made it.Compare lagos of 2000 to that of 2012 and see the difference. Abeg this guy Fashola is a visionary leader who prefers action to talking that we knw Gej to be.We are now wiser. GEJ has few more years to prove himself else he could humbly ask for Fash's help in ruling.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
This might be positive ooh!

I hope that GEJ is going to use Fashola as a consultant on good governance and will try and replicate Fashola's model of governance and development throughout Nigeria.

If only!!
* I caught myself dreaming again angry angry *
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
maryjames9: Now the 40 man laptop here again trying to share 4rm lagos state matchless achievements. The truly slowspoke clueless gvt trying to reap where they didnt sow. Gej is trying but i'm yet to feel his impact exept the holabaloo bout corruption in 9ja. Abeg let him do sometin tangible that we all can see.Roads,health,education and transformation in the arms of govt from senators to councillors. Sorry,i refuse to agree that lagos is what Fct has made it.Compare lagos of 2000 to that of 2012 and see the difference. Abeg this guy Fashola is a visionary leader who prefers action to talking that we knw Gej to be.We are now wiser. GEJ has few more years to prove himself else he could humbly ask for Fash's help in ruling.
But I said kids should not be allowed on Politics section.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by teskyg: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Dgr8tosyn,I just drove through Oshodi and I saw Agberos smoking weed under the Bridge.How come your Majical Fash couldn't tame them?Lagos state speaker has a corruption case hanging on his Neck under Fashola watch.Gov.Fash has a Female Deputy Governor forced down on him by Tinubu.I can go on and on to respond to your comment.If Fashola is ruling Lagos with the Factors I mentioned above,what would be become of Nigeria if he is the President?So many Lazy Sycophant like you and your Brothers in Oshodi will litter Abuja smoking Hemp.The same people that are crying for FEG neglect are the ones now rejectn the good hand extended to them.Sycophants.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by dasparrow: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Post

Whatever! GEJ should just keep in mind though that Fashola is passionate about his work as governor and not lackluster like GEJ. So if GEJ is going to work with someone like Fashola, he should be ready to develop some passion for his job as president of Nigeria and get the job done.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by qleap2all(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
one one Condition :make fashola your running mate comes 2015 outside PDP!
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by 1025: 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: I wish you the President....we would have seen your exploits,there is no harm in working together except if you have a different sentiment.

uncle, i really do not understand what you mean but it is an undiluted truth that LIGHT AND DARKNESS WILL NEVER EVER WORK TOGETHER.
pdp believes in talking while action congress believes in action. joe eats N1b worth of foods and as such will end up been lazy unlike the smart fashola we see arresting offenders on BRT lane. unlce think am very well, joe and fash can never work together because one get sense while the other one get belle. is true that both of them are married, one's wife is more popular than him. abeg, no force words out of my hands ooo.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Jubilee12: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
KINGSNEEZE:

there are very broad margin between ruling a state and ruling the entire country...
Nigeria is one of the worst country to rule

Didnt GEJ rule a state before now? What was his score card?
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
failure is an orphan and success has a thousand fathers

gej wan do attachee so he can claim a had in success

there was a thread on some rice mill or something like that commisioned by fashola - see as tea gej dey fall over their shameless arses to claim fg credit
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by 2mch(m): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Abeg let PDP go and rest. We know how starved they have been without the Lagos state and SW treasury. tongue. They will soon become a village party.
Re: Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” by 1025: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
KINGSNEEZE:

there are very broad margin between ruling a state and ruling the entire country...
Nigeria is one of the worst country to rule

if nigeria is the worst country to rule, why are ur brothers, friends, parents and relatives dying, killing, destroying and stealing to rule nigeria? was jonathan not aware of this situation before he agree to rule? if u are using ur brains, u will know that it is only in nigeria that u rule without accountability. it is only in nigeria that joanathan will give jaga jaga over N100B to print and black and white voters's card. the day we will plan a coloured one or plastic one, we will be talking about trillion.
abeg, tell ur jonathan who ruled bayelsa with nothing to show for it to go and rule america.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / Onoh Picks Enugu Governorship Form, Pledges Loyalty To Ugwuanyi / Kadaria Ahmed Interviews SDP's Vice Presidential, Candidate Yusuf Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.