Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion (18277 Views)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

I reckon that it would sound childish and absurd to you, but then, most religious fables have the same childish and absurd quality about them.

This says it all. I already told you that neither ridiculous notion negates the existence of God.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

This says it all. I already told you that neither ridiculous notion negates the existence of God.

Of course, they only show how absurd the arguments for him are.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

The FSM theology does not negate the existence of god. Rather, it proposes that the FSM is indeed the much talked-about god.

We seem to be going back and forth.
Are we on the same page or are we having arguments on seperate threads?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MrAnony1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Escapism.

ADDRESS THE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED OF A CAUSE.

SIMPLE.
lol, they won't. they'd much rather ridicule

@plaetton, all he is asking is that you describe what attributes first cause would have. Simples. A conceptual analysis if you may.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by cyrexx: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony: lol, they won't. they'd much rather ridicule

@plaetton, all he is asking is that you describe what attributes first cause would have. Simples. A conceptual analysis if you may.

why not start by giving us reasons why you think there is a first cause?

you just assume there is one and you would want us to agree to your assumptions.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Because the universe demonstrably had a beginning.

you just assume there is one and you would want us to agree to your assumptions.

FSM also presupposes first cause.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MrAnony1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
cyrexx:

see deep sight's answer
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Anony, please dont try your tactics here oooo!

I dont want to see your debunked and ridiculed like in the other thread. Please oooo

Deep Sight has suffered enough, do you want to carry his cross?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Because the universe demonstrably had a beginning.

And of course, by your logic, god demostrably had no beginning ., Right?

I just dont know how you can so fiercely argue that the universe must have a first cause, but magically, god cannot.
Because the universe occupies a spot in space and time, and ,god magically does not. right?

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony: lol, they won't. they'd much rather ridicule

By what means?
Through my imagination, or by revelation?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

And of course, by your logic, god demostrably had no beginning ., Right?

I just dont know how you can so fiercely argue that the universe must have a first cause, but magically, god cannot.
Because the universe occupies a spot in space and time, and ,god magically does not. right?

Conscisely, because the universe is matter,and matter cannot cause itself and as such, the cause of matter cannot be matter: and is therefore immaterial. That which is immaterial is naturally permanent and uncaused.

Simples.

Now answer my questions!

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

By what means?

By reason.

It is logical to say that a first cause is eternal or immaterial:

Is it logical to say that a first cause is Indomie Noodles?

Come on. Be serious.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Deepsight:

Pls answer honestly.
No matter how elegant,complete and reassuring it sounds, Is god, the uncaused cause, the eternal, immutable overlord of space and time, not a mental construct?

Can you demonstrate how god is demostrably eternal, immutable, uncaused, or that god even exists at all?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Conscisely, because the universe is matter,and matter cannot cause itself and as such, the cause of matter cannot be matter: and is therefore immaterial. That which is immaterial is naturally permanent and uncaused.

Simples.

Now answer my questions!

"The cause of matter can not be matter"

#things that Deep Sight pulls from his Azz
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

"The cause of matter can not be matter"

#things that Deep Sight pulls from his Azz

So your responses to premises are not counter premises but only mockery?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton: @Deepsight:

Pls answer honestly.
No matter how elegant,complete and reassuring it sounds, Is god, the uncaused cause, the eternal, immutable overlord of space and time, not a mental construct?

Can you demonstrate how god is demostrably eternal, immutable, uncaused, or that god even exists at all?

1. Something exists.

2. Something cannot come from nothing.

3. Thus something pre exists.

4. The pre existent cannot be nothing.

5. It is thus a permanent something.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

By reason.

It is logical to say that a first cause is eternal or immaterial:

Is it logical to say that a first cause is Indomie Noodles?

Come on. Be serious.

Seriously speaking, first cause, eternal, immaterial; all these are mere mental gymnastics.
I should have the same liberty as you have to add noodles to the entire mental exercise. Why not?
Why should you display such prejudice against my own version of the mental gymnastics?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

So your responses to premises are not counter premises but only mockery?

Dont hold ridiculous beliefs if you dont want to be ridiculed. cool

The term "matter" is used throughout physics in a bewildering variety of contexts: for example, one refers to "condensed matter physics",[87] "elementary matter",[88] "partonic" matter, "dark" matter, "anti"-matter, "strange" matter, and "nuclear" matter. In discussions of matter and antimatter, normal matter has been referred to by Alfvén as koinomatter.[89] It is fair to say that in physics, there is no broad consensus as to a general definition of matter, and the term "matter" usually is used in conjunction with a specifying modifier.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

1. Something exists.

2. Something cannot come from nothing.

3. Thus something pre exists.

4. The pre existent cannot be nothing.

5. It is thus a permanent something.

Beautiful logic.
By the same token, So if god exists, god cannot come from nothing, so there must be something pre-existent and more permanent than god.right?

Hhhmmm, what should we call it?
Let me see.
I know. please please, lets call it the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).
What do you think?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
^^^^
Pls dont get ticked off by the name.
Its just a name.
After all, the universe is said to be spiral in shape, much like spaghetti.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Beautiful logic.
By the same token, So if god exists, god cannot come from nothing, so there must be something pre-existent and more permanent than god.right?

Hhhmmm, what should we call it?
Let me see.
I know. please please, lets call it the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM).
What do you think?

O no: remember that matter is mutable and hence not self xistent. Thats the key. Simples.

The intagible is not caused. Eternity is intangible. Is it caused? There's your answer.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

O no: remember that matter is mutable and hence not self xistent. Thats the key. Simples.

The intagible is not caused. Eternity is intangible. Is it caused? There's your answer.

Eternity is an infinite. Infinites do no exist n the real world.

#back to life, back to reality

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

#back to life, back to reality

Nonsense. If eternity does not exist,then what else exists? In what does the universe exist? What timeline. Get serious.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

In fact,just to re inforce how wrong this statement is: infinites DO EXIST in our reality.

Every particle can be sub divided to sub particles to infinity. Same with numbers. Same with everything.

So infinity is in fact the only reality.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Nonsense. If eternity does not exist,then what else exists? In what does the universe exist? What timeline. Get serious.

Universe had a beginning? Is that not your argument?

Isnt that the point of the big bang?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MrAnony1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

By what means?
By thinking. I presume you are capable of thought are you not?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

In fact,just to re inforce how wrong this statement is: infinites DO EXIST in our reality.

Every particle can be sub divided to sub particles to infinity. Same with numbers. Same with everything.

So infinity is in fact the only reality.

Ode, numbers dont exist in the real world, they are ideological constructs

matter is the smallest material. No infinite in particles.

#Deep sight debunked

NEXT!
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MrAnony1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01: Anony, please dont try your tactics here oooo!
I dont want to see your debunked and ridiculed like in the other thread. Please oooo
Deep Sight has suffered enough, do you want to carry his cross?
lol, there is a difference between logical arguments and mockery.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Universe had a beginning? Is that not your argument?

Isnt that the point of the big bang?

And the big bang was massive motion. Now tell me: are you unscientific enough to believe that such massive motion occurs without a trigger?

Do you think that such a trigger could be noodles?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Ode, numbers dont exist in the real world, they are ideological constructs

Numbers do exist, otherwise you won't even be typing. I don't expect that you are philosophically mature enough for us to venture into the discussion on numbers though.

matter is the smallest material. No infinite in particles.

O really? Oya, show me the smallest particle na?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MrAnony1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Seriously speaking, first cause, eternal, immaterial; all these are mere mental gymnastics.
I should have the same liberty as you have to add noodles to the entire mental exercise. Why not?
Why should you display such prejudice against my own version of the mental gymnastics?
wow! the bolded is a plain example of willful ignorance. "I do not know, I do not want to ponder it but I am very happy to ridicule it"
I am sorry sir, that's just poor.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

And the big bang was massive motion. Now tell me: are you unscientific enough to believe that such massive motion occurs without a trigger?

Do you think that such a trigger could be noodles?

we dont know what is beofre the big bang. If there was a trigger, yes it wouldnt be noodle, neither will it be spiritual ectoplasm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Do You Think Will Happen By December 21, 2012(so Called End Of World) / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.