Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion (18278 Views)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol really? but in logicboy's world, numbers do not even exist.

Anyway i didn't ask him for color, I asked him for the tangible measurement of the "thought of color blue."

Let me give you your own assignment since you seem to share the same worldview as him. Now Plaetton, think of roast beef. Please be so kind as tell us the exact tangible units of measurement of that "roast beef thought". best evidence would be to provide us with the thought so that we can see it, taste it, touch it, smell it etc. Just hold the thought in your hand and take a picture if you may.

colour gradient, colour hue. Measuring colours

please read up.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

He has not said they don't exist. Get the logic right: he is proceeding from logicboy's statement that real things must be measurable and quantifiable. The colors you see - and much worse - the thought of those colors - are not.

Is there any thought you have which you can extract, measure and quantify?

In fact, there is nothing that you think that you can prove exists.

Think on it.

Catscans use color to identify areas of the brain responsible for certain feelings and emotions. Catscans can show mild or extreme pain and pleasure.
From the above, can we not say that feels and thoughts can now be measured and quantified?.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:
I have alrady explained to you that matter is mutable and as such could not be self existent.

What triggered the big b ang please?

If matter is energy and energy is never created or destroyed, why can't matter be self existent. Because you say so?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Exactly, so how do we know the facebook logo or the sky is not an illusion: since EVERYTHING we see has a pattern or backdrop, no?

lol....so how do we know that God isnt a religious pattern? How do we know that God is an illusion implanted in our heads by fraudsters? Trollolololo

But seriously, the facebook logo is not a complex or overlapping patter. The brain falters on some certain levels of complexity

Logic Boss cool
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

I have alrady explained to you that matter is mutable and as such could not be self existent.

What triggered the big b ang please?

Matter is mutable because matter is condensed energy.

I do not know what triggered it. Do you?

The FSM perhaps?
This one calls for imagination, so I'm just using my imagination
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Catscans use color to identify areas of the brain responsible for certain feelings and emotions. Catscans can show mild or extreme pain and pleasure.
From the above, can we not say that feels and thoughts can now be measured and quantified?.

Can you show me the cat scan that displays a thought of roast beef?

Stop monkeying around: you know as well as I do that such scans only show brain activity: they do not read your mind or show your thoughts.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
Martian:

If matter is energy and energy is never created or destroyed, why can't matter be self existent. Because you say so?

Because the universe demonstrably had a beginning.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Matter is mutable because matter is condensed energy.

Mutable things are not eternal in the past.

Only immutable things such as eternity itelf are.

Such as infinite space.

I do not know what triggered it. Do you?

Primordial energy, a.k.a: God.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mazaje(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Anyway i didn't ask him for color, I asked him for the tangible measurement of the "thought of color blue."

Let me give you your own assignment since you seem to share the same worldview as him. Now Plaetton, think of roast beef. Please be so kind as tell us the exact tangible units of measurement of that "roast beef thought". best evidence would be to provide us with the thought so that we can see it, taste it, touch it, smell it etc. Just hold the thought in your hand and take a picture if you may.

You see the clear dishonesty and lies on display. . . .Thoughts do not come close to your mythical god hypothesis that is why you are playing this games. . .YOU claim god speaks to you, can you record one of your conversatiosn with him and play for us?. . .You claim god performs miracles, can you bring a CLEAR CUT example of your god performing miracles so that we will see and believe like your god healing an amputee and restoring the amputees limbs back. . .You are the ones making all these claims but when asked to substantiate the myths you are parroting around you run to the silly season biting your very long tail. . .
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Stop monkeying around: you know as well as I do that such scans only show brain activity: they do not read your mind or show your thoughts.

If the though of roast beef evokes pleasure, then surely the catscan can pick up the neural activity in that particular part of the brain as a colour variation.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol....so how do we know that God isnt a religious pattern? How do we know that God is an illusion implanted in our heads by fraudsters? Trollolololo

Because of the cosmological question of the causation of the demonstrably finite universe.

But seriously, the facebook logo is not a complex or overlapping patter. The brain falters on some certain levels of complexity

Logic Boss cool

I asked you to describe blue for me. ASSUME i am blind or color blind.

Go on, describe it.

The point is that your senses cannot be the last parametre for what is real.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Are thoughts not a brain activity?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
mazaje:

You see the clear dishonesty and lies on display. . . .Thoughts do not come close to your mythical god hypothesis that is why you are playing this games. . .YOU claim god speaks to you, can you record one of your conversatiosn with him and play for us?. . .You claim god performs miracles, can you bring a CLEAR CUT example of your god performing miracles so that we will see and believe like your god healing an amputee and restoring the amputees limbs back. . .You are the ones making all these claims but when asked to substantiate the myths you are parroting around you run to the silly season biting your very long tail. . .

The point is simply the clear fact that claiming that God needs to be tangible in other to exist is a faulty claim: Wwe are showing you intangible things that obviously exist, such as thoughts.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Are thoughts not a brain activity?

It is activity of the brain that produces thoughts. The thoughts themselves are not your neurons are they? Nor are they just two neurons interacting are they? Because the self same neurons produce different thoughts everyday, no?

Can you please take up anony's challenge and kindly demonstrate for me your thought of roast beef.

Thank you.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mazaje(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

The point is simply the clear fact that claiming that God needs to be tangible in other to exist is a faulty claim: Wwe are showing you intangible things that obviously exist, such as thoughts.

They claim god is tangible. . .He speaks to them, appears to some of them etc. . .The idea that god is intangible is just a LIE apologist use to push their various gods into the realm of the unknown. . . .
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Mutable things are not eternal in the past.

Only immutable things such as eternity itelf are.

Such as infinite space.

Primordial energy, a.k.a: God.

So once again, god is energy.
Helleluyah

But is it possible for a change of name? Can we drop god in future discussions and use Energy instead?
It is just to avoid unnecessary confusion and keep the jehova people at bay.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Because of the cosmological question of the causation of the demonstrably finite universe.

I asked you to describe blue for me. ASSUME i am blind or color blind.

Go on, describe it.

The point is that your senses cannot be the last parametre for what is real.

I am partially colour blind.

Just because my sight is deficient, it doesnt mean that the colour doesn exist.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Deep Sight did you miss my last comment?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
mazaje:

They claim god is tangible. . .He speaks to them, appears to some of them etc. . .The idea that god is intangible is just a LIE apologist use to push their various gods into the realm of the unknown. . . .

Just like your thoughts, no?

Do you thoughts exist?

Since you cannot demonstrate your thoughts to me, cold i rightly conclude that your thoughts do not exist?

Please demonstrate to me that you have thoughts.How do I know you are not an automaton?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I am partially colour blind.

Just because my sight is deficient, it doesnt mean that the colour doesn exist.

Please just assume that I am color blind.

I ask you again to describe the color blue to me.

Why are y'all running from questions?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

It is activity of the brain that produces thoughts. The thoughts themselves are not your neurons are they? Nor are they just two neurons interacting are they? Because the self same neurons produce different thoughts everyday, no?

Can you please take up anony's challenge and kindly demonstrate for me your thought of roast beef.

Thank you.

Nonesense! To prove what?

Maybe after he shosw us holy spirit.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
mkmyers45: I brought up virtual particles and you refuted it but did not go on to tell me what causes them..Remember that you said also that nothing can never exist which i showed to be not true..

Virtual particles do not arise from nothingness because the quantum vaccum in which they occur are not nothing. They contain gaseous pressure. Can nothingness contain gaseuos pressure?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Please just assume that I am color blind.

I ask you again to describe the color blue to me.

Why are y'all running from questions?

It is like asking me to describe myself to someone whi has been blind from birth. You mad?

Why dont you describe God for me?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mazaje(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Just like your thoughts, no?

Do you thoughts exist?

Since you cannot demonstrate your thoughts to me, cold i rightly conclude that your thoughts do not exist?

Please demonstrate to me that you have thoughts.How do I know you are not an automaton?

Thougts exist and there is a definate way of analyzing them, we all have thoughts and every human being agrees to that. . Gods do NOT have definate evidence for their existence as such people do NOT all agree to their existence. . .Your god is YOUR own MAKING and you have labelled him as oneness of infinity, anonny's god is the mythical construct of the ancient jews and the greeks. . .Thoughts are real, gods are not and thats is the major difference. . .Actually god's exist only in thoughts. . .You can only think about oneness of infinity and ascribe to it what ever qualities you chose to ascribe to it. . .outside your thougts it does not exist in reality. . .

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mazaje(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

It is like asking me to describe myself to someone whi has been blind from birth. You mad?

Deepsight should tell us what his god is and how we can get to know its real as an entity on its own independently. . .
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
plaetton:

Nonesense! To prove what?

Maybe after he shosw us holy spirit.

Exactly: and so the point remains that you can no more prove your thought of roast beef than he can prove holy spirit. So you have no grounds to allege that holy spirit does not exist, any more than he has grounds to allege that your thought of roast beef does not exist.

The binding point is that it is flawed to assert that reality is limited to perception of the senses or tangible things.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Good: so you CANNOT describe the color blue.

How then should I accept that it exists?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
mazaje:

Thougts exist and there is a definate way of analyzing them, we all have thoughts and every human being agrees to that. . Gods do NOT have definate evidence for their existence as such people do NOT all agree to their existence. . .Your god is YOUR own MAKING and you have labelled him as oneness of infinity, anonny's god is the mythical construct of the ancient jews and the greeks. . .Thoughts are real, gods are not and thats is the major difference. . .Actually god's exist only in thoughts. . .You can only think about oneness of infinity and ascribe to it what ever qualities you chose to ascribe to it. . .outside your thougts it does not exist in reality. . .

No: God is inferred from the fact that the universe demonstrably had a beginning. It would be unscientific, you know, to assert that the massive motion of the big b ang occured without a trigger.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

Good: so you CANNOT describe the color blue.

How then should I accept that it exists?

I can see blue.

Anyways, I can describe it to you if you see colours.

blue is the shade between violet and green

lololol
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I can see blue.

Anyways, I can describe it to you if you see colours.

blue is the shade between violet and green

lololol

There you are. Even you had to laugh.

Point: Reality is not limited to senses.

Just like I told you: the wall you see is not really there. There are atoms there, but they do not form solidity. The only reason you cant walk through the wall is the motion between them. This is science:check it up if you doubt me. So is the wall real?

This seals the point that your argument about defining things that exist, as things that can be perceived with our senses only, is flawed.

Just like time exists. Just like galaxies which we cannot see, and will NEVER see, exist.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

lol.........classic, bro! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

What Do You Think Will Happen By December 21, 2012(so Called End Of World) / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.