Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances (5895 Views)

The Social And Cultural Implications Of Living In The West / Does Anyone Know How/why So Many People From Rivers State Have English Surnames / Why Don't White People Have African Surnames? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Lord reed.....

You dont run nothing.

What does that mean?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Kim Kardashian isn't Black and she is more endowed then some of the Black women regardless of skin color.
well some Armenians and Persians are naturally endowed.. most endowed girls of countries like the Italians, Portuguese , Spanish have black blood in them anyway.. tongue..

Btw you made some points in your earlier responses I will address them when I get home. Left home Using my phone right now. Only do short responses with my phone
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

What does that mean?

Exactly what it said...you don't run nothing.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
nyameke: well some Armenians and Persians are naturally endowed.. most endowed girls of countries like the Italians, Portuguese , Spanish have black blood in them anyway.. tongue..

Btw you made some points in your earlier responses I will address them when I get home. Left home Using my phone right now. Only do short responses with my phone

There is no such thing as black blood and in fact many theories have stated that Whites came from Blacks originally and they were byproduct of albino babies left in the wilderness to die because Blacks in ancient times thought pale babies were demonic or infected.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Sure I am not a gun runner or drug runner or love-vendor so yes you are right, I don't run nothing.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

There is no such thing as black blood and in fact many theories have stated that Whites came from Blacks originally and they were byproduct of albino babies left in the wilderness to die because Blacks in ancient times thought pale babies were demonic or infected.

ok don't play dumb you know what I meant . We all know at least some of us, that humanity came from one common ancestor or one man..
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Kim Kardashian isn't Black and she is more endowed then some of the Black women regardless of skin color.

HER AZZ IS FAKE. tongue
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
nyameke: " most" endowed black women do I just think iMO that darkskin women fits the rod better. wink

i have noticed that too.

but there are some thick light chicks. i guess because i am used to seeing dark chicks who are, whena light chick is thick, she looks "extra thick". grin Like "Deelishis" from Flavor of Love...her bootay isn't as big as Buffy the Body but it looks huge! grin

well good cuz one I have a high metabolism and love to eat and now know our kids won't go hungry. tongue . what's your favorite food and recipe..

our kids? lol na wah! grin

i just like good food.
i do prefer caribbean and asian food though. smiley
haven't tried a lot of african.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

lol stay telling someone off. grin
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I disagree with your response to number 2 because I know several women who have kept their father's surname as an honor to their late fathers and they love and respect their marriage to the core. I even asked the husbands how did they feel and they were like it is just a surname and I respect her decision to keep the father surname and all of the children has HIS SURNAME because both agreed PRIOR to marriage.

I have an African friend who is married to an African woman and they both have different surnames and the children has hyphenated surname of both parents. They have been married for 22 years. Don't look like they are living as two people to me.

interesting post.

hyphenated last names are in deed common.
and regardless of how anyone looks at it, from a historical point of view, last names were invented to "name property".
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
*Kails*:

i have noticed that too.

but there are some thick light chicks. i guess because i am used to seeing dark chicks who are, whena light chick is thick, she looks "extra thick". grin Like "Deelishis" from Flavor of Love...her bootay isn't as big as Buffy the Body but it looks huge! grin
no wonder my man flavor couldn't handle the deelishious love... you right about thick light skins though.

our kids? lol na wah! grin

i just like good food.
i do prefer caribbean and asian food though. smiley
haven't tried a lot of african.
most definetly. I'm thinking a basketball team too grin.... You should try some more African food.. I love Jamaica food though. One of my friends mother makes the best curry goat..
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

I disagree with your response to number 2 because I know several women who have kept their father's surname as an honor to their late fathers and they love and respect their marriage to the core. I even asked the husbands how did they feel and they were like it is just a surname and I respect her decision to keep the father surname and all of the children has HIS SURNAME because both agreed PRIOR to marriage.

I have an African friend who is married to an African woman and they both have different surnames and the children has hyphenated surname of both parents. They have been married for 22 years. Don't look like they are living as two people to me.
" ...a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.".. im sure you have read or head about this quote... Yes there are numerous people doing what you just said but i say it still doesn't make it right. just because the husband is ok with and still love each other( which they should)doesn't make it right for the woman to come into the unit with her fathers name. A wife's identity and future lies with her husband and not the father. a married woman becomes one with her husband and their destinies one so to speak
Mrs..Chima:

Some slave owners treated their slaves better than some husbands have treated their wives. Don't lie. It doesn't matter how you spin it....you know damn well many of you men view your wives as commodity. The moment a man say that she is to be submissive and subservient to me turn into a boss/employee aura.
ok i dont think you understood my point at all because you are making the point i was making but in a different way. i said no one dares actually maltreats the things or people they love. Now if a husband treats their wife badly and demeans them does that sound like love to you.

here another quote for you..."However, let each one of you love his wife as himself" So now if a husband views his wife or so called soul mate, one supposedly coming from own ribs, as a commodity, does he appear as one who loves his wife or even himself since it is written that a husband and a wife becomes like one flesh..

btw are you suggesting that just because some slave owners treats their slaves better than some husbands, it makes their inhumane acts right and should be applauded?

Just like you said...husband and wife become one...how is the man the head if the wife is one with him? A person can't be the head and equal to those beneath him. It is like trying to chew and swallow at the same time.
mami the man being the head of the family does not mean he is greater or more important than a woman. head here means leadership. The only difference between a man and a woman are the roles but both are important and equal in status.it is always the nature of the fimenine to be led and the nature of the masculine to lead. The man leads, protect,direct and above all loves and cherishes his woman and the woman follows, helps, nurtures, grounds and also loves her man.

the man is the head and the woman the body and heart. its like your conscious and subcouscious mind. when the two are in harmony and each is doing their job the sky is the limit.. so by head i was not talking about greater in rank or equality. its only ignorants that thinks that way.

yes the man seems to have the greater power because the decisions making abilities lies with him as the leader of the union. but we all know with great power comes great responsibilities. and you know what happens when we don't make those important decisions correctly, all hell breaks loosetongue
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nym....

You said:

" ...a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.".. im sure you have read or head about this quote... Yes there are numerous people doing what you just said but i say it still doesn't make it right. just because the husband is ok with and still love each other( which they should)doesn't make it right for the woman to come into the unit with her fathers name. A wife's identity and future lies with her husband and not the father. a married woman becomes one

My answer:

This applies to those who are followers of the Bible and therefore is not applicable to those who DO NOT FOLLOW the Bible and in fact the above quote is for those who practice Christian tenets. Please give me something else that doesn't involve something you read in a book. Thank you very much.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nym.

You said:

tw are you suggesting that just because some slave owners treats their slaves better than some husbands, it makes their inhumane acts right and should be applauded?

My answer:

Neither should the husbands who beat/mistreated their wives and later repented shouldn't be applauded either. Either way it doesn't change what was done therefore are we going to punish them in totality?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nym....

You said:

ami the man being the head of the family does not mean he is greater or more important than a woman.

My answer:

Tell that to the manbitches that think otherwise.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Nym....

You said:

" ...a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.".. im sure you have read or head about this quote... Yes there are numerous people doing what you just said but i say it still doesn't make it right. just because the husband is ok with and still love each other( which they should)doesn't make it right for the woman to come into the unit with her fathers name. A wife's identity and future lies with her husband and not the father. a married woman becomes one

My answer:

This applies to those who are followers of the Bible and therefore is not applicable to those who DO NOT FOLLOW the Bible and in fact the above quote is for those who practice Christian tenets. Please give me something else that doesn't involve something you read in a book. Thank you very much.
you dont have to follow the bible to know that when a positive and a negative charge meet they stick together grin grin
Mrs..Chima:
Nym....

You said:

ami the man being the head of the family does not mean he is greater or more important than a woman.

My answer:

Tell that to the manbitches that think otherwise.
i tell those that care to listen.
Mrs..Chima:
Nym.

You said:

tw are you suggesting that just because some slave owners treats their slaves better than some husbands, it makes their inhumane acts right and should be applauded?

My answer:

Neither should the husbands who beat/mistreated their wives and later repented shouldn't be applauded either. Either way it doesn't change what was done therefore are we going to punish them in totality?
i never said they should be applauded. thats my stand all along. but i think you re comparing apples and oranges here in my opinion
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
@chima are you using your husband surname or your surname?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
nyameke: [size=44pt]you dont have to follow the bible to know that when a positive and a negative charge meet they stick together [/size]grin ;Di tell those that care to listen. i never said they should be applauded. thats my stand all along. but i think you re comparing apples and oranges here in my opinion

And yet you have many fallen Christians. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I guess you can't give me anything else without retorting to the Bible. It is okay...I figured as much. wink

And to your last sentence...it still won't change facts. wink
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
nyameke: @chima are you using your husband surname or your surname?

My children will honor their father's...it was agreed prior to marriage.

Any more questions?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

And yet you have many fallen Christians. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
what do you mean by fallen christians. i believe there are alot of ignorant christians though
[
I guess you can't give me anything else without retorting to the Bible. It is okay...I figured as much. wink
lol if it is quote you want tell me what you believe in and i will help you. theist, atheist, agnostic i got you..
And to your last sentence...it still won't change facts. wink

what facts?
Mrs..Chima:

My children will honor their father's...it was agreed prior to marriage.
grin grin grin not the answer i was looking for but i get the picture lol

Any more questions?
so in your case what made you want to keep your fathers name and was there resistance from your husband before he gave in?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
Story story, story. Once upon a time, time time.

Ain't gonna change the price of fish or any couples names.

This is just intellectual claptrap.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by nyameke: 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
lol this is intellectual claptrap yet you are more concerned with the price of fish.
are you a market woman,hungry or by any chance a starving somalian? grin
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 11:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
Lord_Reed: Story story, story. Once upon a time, time time.

Ain't gonna change the price of fish or any couples names.

This is just intellectual claptrap.

Why you mad boo? grin tongue kiss
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
nyameke: lol this is intellectual claptrap yet you are more concerned with the price of fish.

He is not Somalian and he is Nigerian.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by MrsChima1(f): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2012
nyameke: what do you mean by fallen christians. i believe there are alot of ignorant christians though
[
lol if it is quote you want tell me what you believe in and i will help you. theist, atheist, agnostic i got you..what facts? grin grin grin not the answer i was looking for but i get the picture lol

so in your case what made you want to keep your fathers name and was there resistance from your husband before he gave in?

Where did you see that I kept my father's name? I spoke of children not me. Keep up suga.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 23, 2012
grin

chima i spoke to d-sense today. grin
got cursed out as usual. tongue
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 3:16am On Sep 23, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Why you mad boo? grin tongue kiss

Me mad? Don't get it twisted, I already dismissed the thread as dustbin material.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 3:17am On Sep 23, 2012
nyameke: lol this is intellectual claptrap yet you are more concerned with the price of fish.

And you are paid to comment I suppose?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 23, 2012
LORD REED!

I DEY VEX! angry

Look at how many times you see and not speak! angry
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 4:48am On Sep 23, 2012
*Kails*:
LORD REED!

I DEY VEX! angry

Look at how many times you see and not speak! angry

Why you dey vex na? Wetin I do?
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Why you dey vex na? Wetin I do?

you acting like you can't speak. tongue

how are you? it's been a while bro.
Re: Surnames And Cultural Expectations/acceptances by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2012
*Kails*:

you acting like you can't speak. tongue

how are you? it's been a while bro.

Yeah sis been a while. What you been up to? Howz work, gaming and all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GENERAL ASORO {the Great Benin Warrior} / What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria / American(black And White) Different Accent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.