Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (44772 Views)

"Binary Option Trading (become A Millionaire In A Year)" / Addendum To "The 5 Proven Tips To Be A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria" / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by zenatta: 3:38am On Sep 23, 2012
I hated the conventional life-style, I guess this attracted me to the first skill I acquired; it was a gold-mine waiting to be tapped but was considered 'low class' for me. I had tons of opportunities and possibilities to outdo those already in the business, they took it for granted and followed the same old techniques year in, year out.
I was fresh, I was bold, I knew I could do it, besides I was educated.
My fear of who I'd become if I devoted my time and productive years to follow my instincts was a set back. I sought advice carefully. In the end I masqueraded to learn this skill but went ahead to get my first degree. That was the beginning; I employed labour while in the university, added to my degree, and grew a firm financial base in unrelated fields.
I would never criticize being educated; going all the way, because, I have enjoyed its immense benefits in many ways. Truth is, I would hate being uneducated. My skills are like hobbies, hobbies that are lucrative.
Being a rookie,it took me the acquisition of several red-hot skills to build up my finances. I am more stable now. Becoming financially independent was my goal and multiple streams of income was the only way I could save.

I am not much of an investor, lost so much in 07 but I follow the rule of ploughing back a percentage of my profits. I don't do all this alone, as I am quite horrible with money, so I have an Auditor and a Financial manager.
What matters really is one's desire, the solution would offer itself. Thanks @OP for post.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 23, 2012
@OP..nice post but one would only end up an average man by applying ur submission. For true riches like dat of great entreprenuers: opportunism,connection in the right & 'wrong' places,criminal mindset,street wisdom & over-confidence unlocks that door.
Out there,d rule of d jungle applies;u either eat or be eaten . Dnt 4get dat lion share goeth with a lion heart

3 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Kay1kay1(m): 4:23am On Sep 23, 2012
...Few words, loaded stuff...like the word 'skill'.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by NeuroBoss(m): 4:41am On Sep 23, 2012
wirinet:

Nigerians love motivational speeches, that is why MOGs make so much money with only motivational/inspirational speeches.
A critical analysis of the OP shows he his a motivational speaker marketing some money making program online.

Now let me analyze his points one by one.
1. You talk about having a skill but you did not talk about acquiring that skill. With our dilapidated and disfunctional educational system, how do you go acquiring a skill. As you pointed put even an MSC golfer is without skill.

2. Create a product? Really? What kind of product physical or digital products? Because in terms of physical products, you cannot compete with cheap imports, not with the high cost of production in Nigeria. When more established companies see closing down and moving their production overseas, you are talking about some small start up Guy producing. In terms of digital products it is possible to produce but you will have to contend with poor infrastructure like poor internet services, poor electricity and difficult online banking procedures.
3. Save? Now that is a joke in Nigeria. Do you know the cost of living in Nigeria? Staple foods like garri, beans, rice, bread have hit the ceiling, transport costs, house rents, school fees, medical expenses, etc have skyrocketed. PHCN bills are put of this world. Even the cost of pure water is high. Most people including the so called big me driving jeeps are unable to meet up with essential expenses and you are talking about saving. Maybe your parents are still taking care of your expenses.
Even if one is somehow able to save, the inflation rate of close to 12% yearly would wipe put your projected savings.

Invest wisely? That is too general. Invest in what, how much is required and how does one source the funds.

So you should understand the perculiarities of the nigerian economic system, you will not find it in any economic or motivational text book. Most successful business and businessmen in Nigeria rely on government.
I'm not surprised. There would always be reasons why FAILURES will not. He's not even started yet or is he trying to sound intelligent discrediting these points?
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Wsdm: 5:20am On Sep 23, 2012
Good skill,CAPITAL, sound moral behavior, patience, sound health,wisdom,long life, and above all 'PRAYER'. @op! More grease to your elbow.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 23, 2012
haha. another useless motivational post by a wannabe. many people have followed those tips and even more and they are still struggling. so how can these be Proven?

utter nonsense.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 6:03am On Sep 23, 2012
shedraq1:

Block head, you should know that there are people in nairaland that are serious minded, not people like you who do not know when and where to be serious...Please go to the jokes thread

u see?? D typical nairalander must resort 2 insults 2 prove deir point!

I just wonder when MOST of u wld grow up!

Na so u dey insult ur father 4 house abi?
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by AutoMahnn: 6:27am On Sep 23, 2012
@OP, this is so inspiring and looks original. If our youths can begin to think like this then there is hope for this country. Sadly some have proffered crime and corrupt practices as the best way to get rich in Nigeria but I wish to let them know that such riches will grow wings and fly away!

I wished I had someone tell me all this when i was your age, I would have been close to a billionaire by now but better late than never. We learn from our mistakes and move on. He that has hears let him listen to the words the poster.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 6:29am On Sep 23, 2012
noblemuk: I agree that those five principles are true.
I am 33 years of age. I followed these principles since i left the university in 2004 and i have been blessed.
I am a multimillionaire approaching the 100s.
I developed exception engineering consulting skills from school. Just after university i worked for 6 months but didn't think my life as an employee will be fulfilling even though i worked in an oil and gas consulting firm. I desired to build a business empire. I left my job after 6 months. I concentrated on building exceptional and rare skill in an area of engineering. I presently run an engineering consulting firm and my company gets paid millions to consult for organisations..the government inclusive. I now have a construction company also that is doing well. I have always saved and now i am investing into real estate. I had planned to be a billionaire before age 30. I suffered some setbacks trusting too many people but i can assure you that these principles works for who ever is ready to work hard and smart...It is proven. I have friends who are just about 30-35 who have been able to make it close or cross the billion mark just following these principles. One thing i noticed in common is. We are hardworking, We follow the supernatural (for me, i am a christian), we are never scared to take on the big stuff..cos we see our selves as being able to do it. Finally. I grew up in the midst of abject poverty...So i think i am qualified to tell you these principles work.

nice 1! I just hope dis ain't trumpet blowin'

...but 1 thing i deduced from ur post was dat U STRICTLY MADE UR OWN RULES ND FOLLOWED THEM JUDICIOUSLY: being/working smart! Not just following some text book; money-selling crap¡

Kudos; millionaire, billionaire-to be
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by justwise(m): 6:39am On Sep 23, 2012
This is funny really, suddenly people are jumping out of woodwork claiming that those 5points works magic..... grin grin grin this is just poorly organised way of selling one of those worthless e-books on how to get rich quick.

How many of this praise singers are actually millionaires?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by ariyokunle: 6:49am On Sep 23, 2012
[quote author=inspire101]1). Have a skill: I see most people moving about with Bsc without any skill….Some even go cap it with Msc from Uk or wherever but Unfortunately, they were not taught that employers don’t pay u 4a certificate….they pay u 4d value u can add to an organization! Now, let me ask you sincerely…Do you go to the market to buy what you don’t need? If you were the employer, would you employ a “valueless” staff?

2). Create a product/service: Create a product or service and charge a fair rate….even if you will still go look for a job. Make sure you carry a solution to someone’s problem (could be a potential employer or end-user). Exchanging your time for money is a short term strategy…Don’t ever rely on that as your income. Your skill is the only thing that would guarantee a continuous flow of income.

3). Save as if your life depends on it: Listen my friend, to arrive too soon is to arrive too small. Don’t be moved by the pressure to look like the Jokes and the dejis. Live within your means. Paying bills without paying yourself is the number 1 secret to financial suicide. There will always be a reason not to save…so do Save, save and save at every opportunity you have.

4). Invest Wisely: A fool and his money would soon part ways. Avoid funny schemes. Run away from “Get rich quick programs”. High yield investment programs come with high yield of loss and disaster. Your race is a marathon and not an 100meters dash. Seek to understand the dynamics of investment before getting involved.

5). Know God: Understand that there is an infinite intelligence that oversees the affairs of the Universe. That you and I have his spirit within us and we can achieve a lot more that we are achieving if there is an alignment with this source. That he that dwells on our inside has no religion or skin color. That he hears our deepest thoughts and aspirations. Share your thoughts with him, whatever you conceive him to be and I am sure he will strengthen your desires.

There are a lot more but these are the basic principles I set in motion about 6years ago.I am 30years old now and I can tell you that i have achieved many of my financial goals.

Are there people here who have tested similar principles and would like to share or add to these ones…kindly go ahead.

stay inspired.
*PLEASE REFFERENCE* - very important
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Sike(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2012
NOTED!
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by maninmood(m): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2012
Billyonaire: I need someone to teach me how to become a trillionaire. Been searching for that. To be a millionaire, its easy. Find a service or product to export, the foreign exchange sends you into millionaires class within a couple of months. To be a billionaire, use your millions to buy 2 houses in Lekki or Ikoyi, use the houses as collateral in 5 banks to borrow billions of naira and invest in real estates, importation, exportation, manufacturing and construction but can someone teach me how to become a trillionaire ? May be I should buy oil wells from Equatorial Guinea and Ghana grin grin grin

You are a demented slowpoke looking for a slight opportunity to display your insanity. Do you really have millions let alone of billions? Cuz to me, an average millionaire doesn't even exhibit this kind of asinine stupidity of yours, let alone of the fictional billionaire you are airing yourself to be. "Find service or product.....foreign exchange sends you into millionaire class within a couple of months", you said. This having been quoted, I regard you as a fraud. People be careful in dealing with this guy, he apparently has a motive/objective here on NL.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2012
zenatta: I hated the conventional life-style, I guess this attracted me to the first skill I acquired; it was a gold-mine waiting to be tapped but was considered 'low class' for me. I had tons of opportunities and possibilities to outdo those already in the business, they took it for granted and followed the same old techniques year in, year out.
I was fresh, I was bold, I knew I could do it, besides I was educated.
My fear of who I'd become if I devoted my time and productive years to follow my instincts was a set back. I sought advice carefully. In the end I masqueraded to learn this skill but went ahead to get. my first degree. That was the beginning; I employed labour while in the university, added to my degree and grew a firm financial base in unrelated fields.
I would never criticize being educated, going all the way because I have enjoyed its immense benefits. in many ways. Truth is I would hate being uneducated. My skills are like hobbies, hobbies that are lucrative.
Being a rookie,it took me the acquisition of several red-hot skills to build up my finances. I am more stable now. Becoming financially independent was my goal and multiple streams of income was the only way I could save.

I am not much of an investor, lost so much in 07 but I follow the rule of ploughing back a percentage of my profits. I don't do all this alone as I am quite horrible with money so I have an Auditor and a Financial manager.
What matters really is one's desire, the solution would offer itself. Thanks @OP for post.

love ur diction brother .
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2012
noblemuk: I agree that those five principles are true.
I am 33 years of age. I followed these principles since i left the university in 2004 and i have been blessed.
I am a multimillionaire approaching the 100s.
I developed exception engineering consulting skills from school. Just after university i worked for 6 months but didn't think my life as an employee will be fulfilling even though i worked in an oil and gas consulting firm. I desired to build a business empire. I left my job after 6 months. I concentrated on building exceptional and rare skill in an area of engineering. I presently run an engineering consulting firm and my company gets paid millions to consult for organisations..the government inclusive. I now have a construction company also that is doing well. I have always saved and now i am investing into real estate. I had planned to be a billionaire before age 30. I suffered some setbacks trusting too many people but i can assure you that these principles works for who ever is ready to work hard and smart...It is proven. I have friends who are just about 30-35 who have been able to make it close or cross the billion mark just following these principles. One thing i noticed in common is. We are hardworking, We follow the supernatural (for me, i am a christian), we are never scared to take on the big stuff..cos we see our selves as being able to do it. Finally. I grew up in the midst of abject poverty...So i think i am qualified to tell you these principles work.

nice write up dude, however let me bring to your notice that in nigeria, things happen to people differently. we have thousands if not millions of people with similar story to yours but negative outcome. am surprised you mentioned university because the OP never included neither formal nor informal education in his tips. now coming from abject poverty background, struggled to the university, then you worked for only six months and saved enough to start an engineering consulting company, i am very skeptic of your story, no offense, an average nigerian(poor background) university graduate's age subtracted from 33yrs.... i have questions in my head but firstly, could you please tell the house how long your consultant company operated to generate the fund for another construction company that also generated the fund for a real estate investment within that period from your graduation age to 33yrs?

more~ am a self made millionaire too, but i dont just buy the deceptive idea of get-rich-quick-tips! every idea has process which also requires hardworking, focus and time to materialize.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by banmaster(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2012
inspire101:

Thanks for the compliment. I reside in the Omole Phase 1 area of Lagos (Around Ojodu Berger) and my Office is also in the neighbourhood.

@ mr poster Ђow can I locate u !!! I feel the Ideas u have
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by dejiswaggs(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2012
well..all I will say is check out http://www.4shared.com/office/Sdf6rJDx/bloggingcash22.html and download the ebook to know how to be a millionaire
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by mu2sa2: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2012
Of all d things OP said "Live within your means" is the most important. I hav observed that we ar wasteful in this country - both govt and people. I hav always wondered why people spend so much money on wasting assets like motor vehicles and wearing apparels. Why expensive parties year in year out by d same family? What's d point about lavish birthday parties for every member of d household? Will u lose anything if u dont celebrate birthday every year - if u must, how about doing it at 5 or 10 years intervals for adults and every other year for children? Why change cars unnecessarily or keep multiple cars? Why eat out when u can prepare wholesome meals at home? We should cut out waste and live within our means.If we dont curb the waste in our lifestyle I dont see how we can move forward.

1 Like

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Sharexgold(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2012
A poor Man is not a Man without money, but a Man without dreams.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2012
mu2sa2: Of all d things OP said "Live within your means" is the most important. I hav observed that we ar wasteful in this country - both govt and people. I hav always wondered why people spend so much money on wasting assets like motor vehicles and wearing apparels. Why expensive parties year in year out by d same family? What's d point about lavish birthday parties for every member of d household? Will u lose anything if u dont celebrate birthday every year - if u must, how about doing it at 5 or 10 years intervals for adults and every other year for children? Why change cars unnecessarily or keep multiple cars? Why eat out when u can prepare wholesome meals at home? We should cut out waste and live within our means.If we dont curb the waste in our lifestyle I dont see how we can move forward.

do you need glasses, Sir?
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by bukky4rill: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2012
uhonmora: haha. another useless motivational post by a wannabe. many people have followed those tips and even more and they are still struggling. so how can these be Proven?

utter nonsense.

I FEEL SO SORRY 4 U FOR UTTERING SUCH A POINTLESS COMMENT. IF U THINK THE TIPS ARE USELESS, WHY NOT IGNORE THEM & LET OTHERS TRY? HOW DO U KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE TRIED THESE AND FAILED? HAVE U TRIED AND FAILED? IF U KEEP UP WITH THIS KINDA MINDSET U HAVE, I WONDER HOW FAR U WILL GO. I THINK ITS A REALLY GOOD POST AND ITS WORTH TRYING, AFTERALL THE POSTER ISNT ASKING US TO PAY MONEY 2TRY THEM. SO WHY NOT?
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by bukky4rill: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2012
omotayokay: @OP, pls dont be decived by this get rich formular of a thing....everythin na GOD! That your a billionaire..or anythin you called it doesnt guaranty is from your formulars, after all millions applied the same formular but couldnt work out...in everything just give thanks to baba God..and HIM ALONE and nt some theorems!
See this: Ecc 9:11
''I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to
the swift or the battle to the
strong, nor does food come to
the wise or wealth to the
brilliant or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to
them all.''
C'est Fini!
Shebi the No. 5 tip talks about GOD? so what are u talking about again? repeating part of what the poster said or u just want ur voice 2be heared? u see in this country we are extremely religious and leave everything 2 GOD. If u dont have a seed (skll/product/service) in your hands, what will GOD bless? do u even understand that scripture u quoted? U can wait all u can 4 GOD 2bless u but if u are not in motion, time and chance can never happen 2u. #quote me#
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by ask4double(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2012
justwise:

You should be a millionaire by now? Are you?
must u quote the entire tread for half a single line of comment? @poster well said my brother, like the aspect where u talked on savings.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Donkarizma: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2012
Thats a nice post
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2012
There are no rules to becoming a millionaire, cos a million naira isnt really money anymore. A lot of people say they havent made a million before. When the real truth is, they have been making millions but havent really saved a million. Many Nigerians spend more than a million in months without knowing, even the Okada riders, bus drivers etc. Because they fail to maintain an account of their expenses and income. Becoming a millionaire, is very simple, but staying a millionaire is what needs rules.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by futurewise11(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2012
@all
Those 5 points is really on point
Point 5 is very very Important,and save a lot as if ur life depend on it.
‎​A̶̲̥̅m greatfull to God that am a millionaire at early 20!s.there's a lot of bogus offer that want to derail me on my way to the M point,but determination and plan really
Help.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by ayoola2002(m): 9:05am On Sep 23, 2012
@OP, thanks so much for the ideal, for those of u that does not believe or critizes the op, i reality pity u. Some years ago, a man called me and asked me that what did i have in plan about my future, i said i want to travel out of this country. He now confuse me not to travel because there are opportunity in nigeria. Immediately, i left his place, i abuse this man, i even swear for this man. He advise me to deal with recharge cards, phone, line etc. Today, that is what am doing, i make nothing less than 150k in month, besides i just move to my house (3 bedroom flat) with my family.

To the lazy one's , be looking for white cola job like my friends.
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Ezegozie(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2012
yes
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2012
ayoola2002: @OP, thanks so much for the ideal, for those of u that does not believe or critizes the op, i reality pity u. Some years ago, a man called me and asked me that what did i have in plan about my future, i said i want to travel out of this country. He now confuse me not to travel because there are opportunity in nigeria. Immediately, i left his place, i abuse this man, i even swear for this man. He advise me to deal with recharge cards, phone, line etc. Today, that is what am doing, i make nothing less than 150k in month, besides i just move to my house (3 bedroom flat) with my family.

To the lazy one's , be looking for white cola job like my friends.

Why not keep quiet and go ahead and become a millionaire with those 5points? Leave some of us who see this as a soft scam.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2012
justwise:

Why not keep quiet and go ahead and become a millionaire with those 5points? Leave some of us who see this as a soft scam.
grin grin
Re: 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2012
991:

firstly, could you please tell the house how long your consultant company operated to generate the fund for another construction company that also generated the fund for a real estate investment within that period from your graduation age to 33yrs?

good question, am also waiting for the answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria / Femi Otedola Spends Time With His Mother (Photos) / Business Ideas For A 5 Million Naira Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.