Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Things We've Learnt From Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Things We've Learnt From Nollywood (6393 Views)

The Things We've Actually Learned From Nollywood / 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / Things We've Learn't From Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
word but still the best way for me to cure my boredom sha
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2006
Those who are complaining that Nollywood movies are bad should go and direct their own movies. To criticize is easy, but to build something great requires hard work and sweat which few are willing to go through!
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by LoverBwoy(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2006
criticism is part of life don't u get it SEUN

Criticizing Films is a career,  u think western films don't get criticized?

how do u get to improve when everybody says you're good when u really suck!!

na wa o,
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Dauda(m): 1:21am On Apr 15, 2006
Alariwo:

Those who are complaining that Nollywood movies are bad should go and direct their own movies. To criticize is easy, but to build something great requires hard work and sweat which few are willing to go through!

@ Alariwo, I'm almost certain that every contributor on this issue would love to see the Nigerian film industry blossom into what we can be proud of. What we have now is a situation that is really bad and is getting worse by the day. Everybody and their mama that can afford a camcorder are reeling out these substandard movies and all you want us to do is commend them? How would they improve if there are no critics.? Have you had the opportunity to watch any movie by Herbert Ogunde?The video quality and the plot will put to shame most of these 2 cents movies being produced by the so called nollywood actors and directors. Should the stars of nollywood not be trying to improve on the legacy of their predecessors? Where are the Jimi Odumosu's? (Evil Encounter)
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Ynot(m): 3:17am On Apr 15, 2006
Zahymaka:

That's right. Instead of dimimng the lights and allowing us to hear only moans, you see two fully-clothed humans intertwined in such a way that their chests don't even touch and the next thing you hear is that the girl is pregnant.

@Zah
HAHA. Do you actually want them to show full nudity? I know i do.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by hotangel2(f): 3:19am On Apr 15, 2006
Ynot:

@Zah
HAHA. Do you actually want them to show full nudity? I know i do.

No, at least they should make it realer. Like he said, deem the lights and lets hear moans. Or show the shadows of two humans dry humping each other, that's real.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sade511(f): 3:23am On Apr 15, 2006
Yeah smiley. Nudity is not even needed for sex scenes.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by omogenaija(f): 3:41am On Apr 15, 2006
i saw nudity in The Prostitute. The only thing wrong with that sex scene was every time they was having sex they used the same sex scene.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sade511(f): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2006
lol that is funny.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Zahymaka(m): 3:45am On Apr 15, 2006
That's another thing. And the titles -- where do they get them from ([b]Sharon Stone [/b]for example)?
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sade511(f): 3:47am On Apr 15, 2006
And in the yoruba movies their translations(subtitling) be way off sometimes.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2006
That's another thing. And the titles -- where do they get them from (Sharon Stone for example)?

Emeka Enyiocha is related to me and we were all together when I had my own Nigerian "Sharon Stone" and I always called her "Sharon Stone" and the title soon showed up in one of their movies.

Alariwo,
We are producing our own movies already.
One is being edited now and the next one "Changing Faces" with an international cast will begin in Summer.
Are you interested in "Wakapass" role for N5,000? grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by queen2(f): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2006
Good one Diva cheesy
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Seun(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2006
A lot of people enjoy these movies. That's all that matters in entertainment. It's not about how sophisticated, accurate, or awe-inspiring the movies are; it's about how well people enjoy them and a lot of people really seem to enjoy these Nollywod movies.

Remember the movie about penguins that was popular in the US last year? Explain that!
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Priscila(f): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2006
Nollywood fool us alot and they make the whole thing very fake.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2006
I have just seen all the pictures of the hottest females on Nairaland and I am quite impressed to an extent.

Some of you are more photogenic than Genevieve and Omotola. And I wonder why you are shy of acting in Nollywood.

Queenzy the first one to post her picture is bold at 17.

Well, what I saw were mostly faces and pictures can deceive us from a distance.
Make-up beauties are all over the net. The finest one was proud to give us good views of her physical qualities.

I would have loved to see front and back shots.

If anyone you like Sade and three others are interested in acting in a Nigerian international film, I can ask the director to give you a chance. And if you are already in modeling, you are invited to feature in Linda Ikeji's Fashion, Modeling and Beauty (FM&B) magazine coming out in summer. And if you are interested in music, my Italian partner Manuel Marino is in LA now and you can contact him before he leaves the US.

I am proud of you.

Those who are Nigerians should keep the Nigerian flag flying high.

"Only the best is good enough for us"
~ Bishop Ajayi Crowther.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sade511(f): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2006
Thanks but Im not really all that talented to be acting, or singing.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2006
Shooting of our film will begin in July.
So, the door is still open as at present for any hottie on Nairaland to take up the challenge.

Our film is not another Nollywood movie.

Let us take Nigeria to the level South Africa has taken their own film industry with two Oscars to show for it.

On behalf of our studios, I promise you Two Academy Awards(Oscars) in the next five years.

Anyone who is in Lagos can visit our studios.
I am presently on location on Bonny Island and will be in Lagos on Thursday.
You can book appointments to see what we have done so far and what we are doing.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by kimba(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2006
@diva11
Every problem you have is spiritual.
Ive not seen a serious nigerian movie o, i mean real action, there is always a spiritual something somewhere. Its either that the movie is about somebody killing someone, or using some diabolical powers to do something evil, and the special effects are not so realistic, i suggest the Nollywood stakeholders should go get some training on computer graphics, even if they wont use the knowledge for a movie like jurassic park, at least, they'll use it to kill themselves.

And these evil-spiritually-infested films corrupt children easily. By the time you see juju on film, u'll want to know what it is in reality.

@tatenda
its all about juju as u call it and its starting to give us non Nigerians the perceptin that Nigerians are evil people which is very wrong, 
I remember a friend of mine asked me some years ago: "why is it that in your country, you guys only make scary movies", the reason, whatever the scenes are, the babalawo scene will overshadow the whole movie.

@Zahymaka
That's right. Instead of dimimng the lights and allowing us to hear only moans, you see two fully-clothed humans intertwined in such a way that their chests don't even touch and the next thing you hear is that the girl is pregnant.
Dont you get it, the pregnancy is "wireless", thats how far nija has gone with supernatural powers
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Zahymaka(m): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2006
Nice one Kimba. What about madness -- that's almost always the reward of evil-doers?
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2006
How I wish these Nollywood traders/producers are reading all your posts.
Many of them are not even Internet literate.
One of the most popular Nollywood actors cannot even operate the mouse.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by LoverBwoy(m): 1:43am On Apr 17, 2006
Seun:

Remember the movie about penguins that was popular in the US last year? Explain that!

That was a documentarty about penguins, what about them? they never faked anything it took SEVERAL MONTHS to put that film together, all natural

oh yea can i add

Our appreciations to

Chief Mrs Dr amaka obnon-nice house
Alh danjuma yaro-nice cars
Emeka Motors
Ipaja Hotel
Dat Boutique desmond elliot gets his small shirts undecided
and others grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Ynot(m): 2:04am On Apr 17, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Chief Mrs Dr

Just curious ~ do people still go with such long title
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by LoverBwoy(m): 2:07am On Apr 17, 2006
Oh that one isnt long , grin

Ive seen longer ones, that even ends with (M.O.N, DGN, CCC.) lol grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by gidig(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2006
Part of the solution should be that they should not set this high standards for themsleves yet. Let us begin with the basics. Someone mentioned 'scent of a woman' and such films have nore strength in their scripts and plot. We cannot meet the fx standards of Hollywood. We can begin with films that are deeper politically or socially and with very strong acting and direction by someone like Tunde kelani and Lola fani kayode(these guys are trained) we can still have decet film that we can watch.

The economic implications of the our home video indystry is that the little sales is closing their eyes to the possibilities that will emerge if there are films that people outside their sale group can watch.It is an industry that can really blossom.I have seen and heard some of the leaders of this industry and to be very frank, it does not look good at all escept really creative people begin to get involve at all levels.

HUman nature abhor changes.If these guys are making so much money,they are les likely to change.The problem is an indication that something new is required.Anyone out there with something new?
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2006
Most of the comments have fallen between ignorance and arrogance. Because, Nollywood movies come cheap to most of those who have been watching the pirated copies or those borrowed from others. And they are ignorant of the films being produced by Nigerian filmmakers such as Adaora Nwandu, Remi Adefarasin, Faruk Lasaki, Mak Kusare and other Nigerians.

Most Nigerians don't even know the difference between video and film.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by GREED(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2006
No matter where nollywood actors go from Us to uk,they never can tie a tie properly.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by omogenaija(f): 4:16am On Apr 18, 2006
let me break it down:

lets say u have 1000 naija movies
500 won't work (VCD is blank or only 5 mintues of the movie is recorded, this has happened to me)
so your left with 500 movies
out of the 500, 250 of those movies will be the same story ( i have also been through this)
now your left with 250
out of the 250, 150 wont make sense or will have a bad ending ( i go through this alot)
that leave u with(10%) 100 movies left which will be excellent movies. and because of movies like that u continue to buy nigerian movies.

Well as for me i will always buy nigerian movies because even if all of them suck because they keep me current with naija fashion and slang. and i get to see what naija looks like . one more thing i love about naija movies is even the trashiest movie has a lesson or moral.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by diyobdw(f): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2006
just cant stop laugh'g nollywood? get plenty K-leg undecided
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by IBBFan(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2006
@omogenaija

just come down to naija and we can make all preparations for that. you're not so expensive!
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by maki(f): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2006
hey guys i'll soon be a star

watch out for me

i love nollywood
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by GREED(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2006
We've learned that mercedez is the best car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Loves Patience Ozokwor? / How To Download Free Movies / Supernatural Season 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.