Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27019 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by item1: 7:19am On Sep 26, 2012
Bros, going public on this attempt is pure wisdom ooo. I know some boys that trekked from MOROCCO enter SPAIN even in hiding and for nothing and still paid for showing them route.

Chaai if you tell them someone is paying $20,000.00 for trekking just from LAGOS to MAIDUGURI they will regret their lifeoooo. In-fact they will quickly come home and trek the 36 states of NIGERIA round for $10,000.00 after all they wasting in EUROPE after all that venture.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by yungboss(m): 7:20am On Sep 26, 2012
Great idea, though it made me laugh to tears when i read the first few comments but as a matter of fact, this is possible and if successfully accomplished with popular awareness,you will be put on the map, you will make a name for yourself and your family. Goodluck bro, but be very careful, make proper arrangements like having a medical team go with you, adequate clothing, proper physical and mental preparation, your feeding etc
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by kaokao: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2012
There is not which is not possible, I believe if only you will have 4hour sleep and also you must have your security and road map. I save journey.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by mhozzis(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2012
A-ZeD:
@OP go for it if you can.
Before you start
1)Like the woman said, give it a name(A walk for/against xyz).
2) See a doctor for check up.
3) Train for at least a month and see a nutritionist so you can change your diet.
4)Start a blog, get enough publicity.
5)Plot your journey. Know the shortest route, the distance between neighboring towns and how long it takes you to walk 1km.
During the Journey
6) Walk at your own pace, you are not timed.
7)With enough publicity, you would get followers who would help you navigate their towns and probably give you accommodation for the night.(Try visiting the rulers of each town you pass.)
coolYou can quit at any time and its no shame. You can always try again.
9)You are allowed to spend days in any particular town of your choice.
10)Take pictures of the good, bad and ugly.

God be with you. Don't mind the negative posters. They all want change in Nigeria but are not ready to work for it.
NB: You already have supporters here who will accommodate you if you pass through their domain. Even the negative ones would house you just so the can discourage/laugh at you.
Accommodation 50% solved.

THE MAD MAN IS ONLY MAD because HE THINKS DIFFIRENTLY. THE MAN WHO SAID PLANES THAT ARE A THOUSAND TIMES BIGGER THAN A BIRD COULD FLY WAS SEEN AS BEING MAD EVEN I SOMETIME DO THINK HE MOST BE MAD TO THINK OF SOMETHING AS CRAZY AS THAT.

MY ADVICE:

DONT RUSH INTO IT TAKE TIME TO PRPARE UR MIND, BODY AND EVEN SOUL. YOU CAN START PREPARATION AND PLANING NOW AND BY NXT YEAR U EMBARK ON IT.

I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN YOU TO THE END BUT I DONT MIND TO DIE TRYING EITHER. IT MAY BE THE ONLY GREAT THING ONE WILL EVER HAVE OPPORTUNITY OF DOING. AFTERALL NO TIME LIMIT.

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by tellwsdom: 7:30am On Sep 26, 2012
Bros, I can come join you so we share the money togetherangryangry.very lucrative business..I tell ya, plus fame...abeg tell me wetin be our share rate make I begin prepare sad sad
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2012
You forgot to call Guiness World Record? Men na fire ur leg go catch, i laugh u!!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2012
Demaejy:
Exactly! Physical fitness indeed..

physical fitness indeed, my brother pls go ahead with ur adventure, maybe ur trekkin will finally make the bokoharam boys to consider stoppin all this their wahala, cos they might conclude that the southern nigeria has been so frustrated by their act that they had to send a delagate to come interced for them, and the only thing that makes it more real is the fact that u will get there on foot....so the OP might be the messiah nigeria needs. And my friend (OP) before u start that move u need to ask any cow how it feels like to trek, whatevr the cow tells u, either by talkin or gesture, will make u reconsider.... And for a start, u do not need a trainer, but a HOOF....my 2kobo tho....
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by dlox147(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2012
Bro, d truth b say, na only u no wetin u want. Guy 4rm ur post I believe u can DO IT!! But d truth is u need 2 involve fittness expert 2 guide ur preparation, lastely broda make it profitable by involving coys...
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by masterpiecer(m): 7:41am On Sep 26, 2012
[size=40pt]I Love this idea, 100o/o support!! cheesy [/size]
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Godmann(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2012
If I get this opportunity, I will grab it with both hands.

You have enough financial motivation already; and what you are going into is enough fun.

The only risk is Boko Haram, But I don't see them coming to attack you.

One more thing. Take a message as you trek. Let the message be one that can unite the whole country.

I will prefer a strong political message. One against Tribalism or against corruption.

Forget the white lady's message unless if there is a strong financial motivation. let us concentrate on our immediate problems. Europe will never understand what our problems are; only we can.

Good luck and do not be discouraged. If you can't embark on it, hand it over to me with all the contacts and I will gladly take it up any day any time.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Woke4all(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2012
smileyDo it on time before others work with your ideas

Congratulations in advance
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2012
unipol: it is possible my guy. after all, i trecked from U.S.A to germany last month. just be courageous and fearless.

U are being sarcastic right? Abi how did u "trek" over d Pacific Ocean?
@ OP: my advice, write ur will first, get measured for a coffin and finally, carry enough chage for pure water along d way!!! Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by spawnx: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2012
Dude,its a noble cause that ll go a long way in transforming your life. Are you ready for it. if yes, then follow the path. you've gotten an offer of an all terrain vehicle, then get a good guide,cameras, gear and go on a road trip. its a new century. what do u got to prove walking all the way to Maiduguri. let's see the picture of Nigeria through your travel.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lamladon(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2012
Mehn guys wey đε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ds thread funny die...I hp d $20 000 won't b for ur burial sha..sa gobe
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by item1: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2012
Listen people this sound exactly like the day someone said he wants to climb the mount Everest and everybody was commenting - positive - negative but today there is history on it.

Bos carry go you could become the beginning of this record in 9-JA
But don't fail to contact TB, and all the Adeb-Oyede-Kilomes because you'll really need their prayers, candles and waters
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by otodeluxe(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2012
I will advice you to write you're will before going on the trip.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by sammmiey1: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2012
Tell my late mum I miss her when you see her pls!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by benJAVA: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2012
Seriously, let's do it together. Call me on dis number 08021417036, but why not east its saver
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Bertbert: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2012
BROS IT'S POSSIBLE EVEN MAD PEOPLE DEY WAKA PASS THAT DISTANCE, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRETEND YOUR MAD,GET NAKED AND YOU WILL SEE AND FEEL THE SPIRIT OF MADNESS CARRY YOU THROUGH WITH ENOUGH VIGOR AND STRENGTH grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by gulfer: 9:16am On Sep 26, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend

update few hrs ago 24/09/12
a white lady called few hrs ago saying i should trek against open defeacation in africa and nigeria in particular, her support are financially and all terrain vehicle( but i dont need a vehicle )

i also got a call from ait and nta to enable us schedule interview ( i havent gone that far for interview abeg)

i got a call from amp energy drink and peak milk

how they got my number is way beyond me, i must have bitten more than i can chew........ have to put off my phone or run away.
@OP, you are in LUCK, push this through and you are a celebrity or back out and you tarnish further the country's Image.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by gulfer: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2012
alienware:...........update few hrs ago 24/09/12
a white lady called few hrs ago saying i should trek against open defeacation in africa and nigeria in particular, her support are financially and all terrain vehicle( but i dont need a vehicle )

i also got a call from ait and nta to enable us schedule interview ( i havent gone that far for interview abeg)

i got a call from amp energy drink and peak milk

how they got my number is way beyond me, i must have bitten more than i can chew........ have to put off my phone or run away.

@ALL, go over the OP's update on the initial post, he seemed to have been joking but now this has become real.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by stupor(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2012
This is obviouosly going to be a journey of no return I can bet it with you

Best of luck
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Cupidkc(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2012
@OP its a good idea you have there.
But remember that this is Nigeria...and the country is too tense for such adventure.
Play save o!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by gorociano: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Dude, you need a Sam to your frodo. You need a wing man as all great feats need support. I'm your man. Here is what you get with me:

1) A writer who can do all the blogging

2) A sociable nerd with penchant for usable knowledge

3) My surname is Ajala. It's in the blood.

No mind all the peeps saying it's undoable. Let us prove the wrong. Yes We Can.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Chidex2442(m): 9:40am On Sep 26, 2012
I think it will b beta alot if u are attached with a beautiful babe in every town u pass with enough f*ck dat nite at least dat will giv u enough strength 4 d nxt day's task!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by blackboi(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2012
abeg no kpafuka ya life because you're being idle. i guess it time you download & play IDLEWILD songs so you stop being idle; 'twill help you a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos / How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.