Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27017 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by alienware(m): 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend

update few hrs ago 24/09/12
a white lady called few hrs ago saying i should trek against open defeacation in africa and nigeria in particular, her support are financially and all terrain vehicle( but i dont need a vehicle )

i also got a call from ait and nta to enable us schedule interview ( i havent gone that far for interview abeg)

i got a call from amp energy drink and peak milk

how they got my number is way beyond me, i must have bitten more than i can chew........ have to put off my phone or run away.

26/09/12

Thanks very much, the federal ministry of tourism had contacted me and are wiiling to start me with 7.5mil to promote nigeria on my blog if am willing to do it.

12 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by lifestyle1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
Go ahead,abi wetin you they wait for ? abeg if you see boko haram people tell them say make them stop all the rubbish wey them they do or else....

23 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by unipol(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
it is possible my guy. after all, i trecked from U.S.A to germany last month. just be courageous and fearless.

28 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by MrNigeria2(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
LAUGH WAN KILL ME OH! !!
ABEGI LET THIS ARTICLE GET TO THE FRONT PAGE . THIS GUY NEEDS MORE ADVICE ON HIS MISSION! !

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by andre99(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
See what our Govt has caused, people are going mad every day, may the Lord heal @alienware. AMEN!

30 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by chucky234(m): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
Guy na small thing jare,me wey dey trek from Biafra come Nigeria every month nko.
The only thing wey you go carry na shovel so dem go fit dig ground bury you if you kpai for road,I dey here dey wait for your blog oooo

7 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
it's a healthy thing to do!

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by newmusic: 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
this guy is funny o! though nothing is impossible but maiduguri is suicidal....

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kslib(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
am thinking of what to carry with me like rechargeable battery for laptops, my modems,a pair of trainers, 2 tops, a camera,a blanket. i want t o travel light, pls what would you recommend
@op we will miss you greatly.. Atleat our population will reduce by 1.. Two things are involved.... If the trekking doen't kill you,boko haram is waiting for you...
The only way you will survive that journey,is to make sure you dont forget to carry ijebu garri along....
My guy the secret red bull company will never tell you is that "ijebu garri is the main ingredient in their drink".. If you think am lying,ask google...

29 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by dammytosh: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
Go baby goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only black man sees impossibilities. Whites swim across continents every day to break records.

I am with you and dont mind supporting you any au in my little way for this mission.

4 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by eyenCalabar(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
If what u are saying is true then do it. There's nothing there. Is it not just trekking? I have seen a white man using bicycle to ride all the way from his country down to Africa and finally to Calabar and was still planning to go back by that same bike. What he wanted to achieve I don't know. Just pray and embark. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by unphilaz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
MrNigeria.:
LAUGH WAN KILL ME OH! !!
ABEGI LET THIS ARTICLE GET TO THE FRONT PAGE . THIS GUY NEEDS MORE ADVICE ON HIS MISSION! !

The two posters above made me laf laf

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Screwface(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
The initiative and concept is good. Atleast,u'l be paid. All you have to do is trek ba?
I'll advice you choose another path though...by all means,avoid the north! You can decide to trek through Lagos-Osun-Ondo-Benin-et all. Atleast,u'd be assured of your 'safety',together with the imminent payment u'l be getting.
Goodluck dude!

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by vascey(m): 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Brother please do not be discouraged by the negative comments here. If what you say is true, then I encourage you to do it.
You can attach a theme to it to generate publicity i.e a walk for peace or walk against corruption.

You will need media coverage and extensive physical training.

You will be surprised at the impact one man can have if you set your mind to it. This is the kind of thing one man can do to unite a nation.

I could go on and on. In summary, it is a great idea if you can sell it. Good luck!

21 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kolade9(m): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dem dey find u for Yabaleft.....grin

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by ocheejemb: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Its truely a novel idea @OP, you should definitely go for it. Try to get more companies and organisations on bored, im sure like red bull many people see the advertising potential e.g telcos who might want to advertise that thier product works everywhere u go. You should plan seriously though. This kind of adventure requires some serious logistics and mental and physical training. Im sure it wont take less than a month to walk the distance. Go for it man! dont mind the ignorant ones discouraging you

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wow grin,this is very interesting 0, i just check the thread. Its very possible. What of in the olden days when pple trek from here in Nigeria to Ghana? And they always got there without anything happend to them. Even now,i knw of some herdsmen from ouaga(BF) that always trek in accompany with there cattles down here in Nigeria but almost took them about 3months or thereabout. So now compare with you without cattle i think it would be easier 4 u. Then u made mention of Kaduna-thats would still be easier and more saver compare to maiduguri home of boko..,,,so its vry possible. Gud luck!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kolade9: Dem dey find u for Yabaleft.....grin

I don't think so! Because its very very possible thou it sounds crazy but not..Guy jst be watching,u would soon find his name in currrent affairs books as the first man to trek from LAGOS to KADUNA.

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
jammyng: it's a healthy thing to do!
Exactly! Physical fitness indeed..
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
@OP, if you're serious about this please pursue it. For Red Bull to express interest, it suggests that it's a valuable idea. Just spend some time researching such acts of valour (if I can call it that) done in other countries, understand the preparatory steps taken, get adequate clothing/provisions/shelter arrangements, and voila!

After all Fulani herdsmen traverse the country with their cattle. If they can travel such long distances why can't you?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Cwhyte(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
go for it brother am with you on this. last year, Keiichi Iwasaki had travelled the world for 10 straight years on bicycle, he got so many attention and money through it. accept the red bull deal, get some other companies too.you will be glad you embarked on this adventure. I hope you complete it sha.

I will suggest you get a theme for your adventure like 'trek against corruption '
. get a blog to post your daily activities and pictures. then get social network support too.
visit government houses and schools in every state you visit.
wished I could go with you but I surely don't have the strength. goodluck

visit s Keiichi Iwasaki.blog for inspiration

www.feel-the-earth.com/english.html

3 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
HNosegbe: @OP, if you're serious about this please pursue it. For Red Bull to express interest, it suggests that it's a valuable idea. Just spend some time researching such acts of valour (if I can call it that) done in other countries, understand the preparatory steps taken, get adequate clothing/provisions/shelter arrangements, and voila!

After all Fulani herdsmen traverse the country with their cattle. If they can travel such long distances why can't you?

Infact not only fulani herdsmen but i also knw of mossi pple from french land which the distance is quit longer compare to lag-maiduguri.

@op-If you can invite me,i would be vry happy cos i knw it must be interesting and good adventure. It can't take more than a month.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by alienware(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thank you all for your positive contribution, my Dad just called saying am in deep depth and that my dream is a pipe dream.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by erasergozy: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
So your post got me thinking, well while you at it, you may need some odesh cos there are killers out there, wild animals included. You may also need lots of water for your leg and head esp when you get to kogi upwards.
So go bro, I am with you, and don't forget to write a WILL cos your lapi I want
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by CrazyMan(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Its a free world my man...therefore I won't try to discourage you.

I think its high time Nigerians names get into that Guinness book of record.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Vincent41(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lwkm......trek bro
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by madeinnigeria: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
nonsense
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by ForzaRaphael: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
LET HIM TREK,WHEN HE'S TIRED,HE'LL GO BACK HOME.

1 Like

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by amosy007: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
thats not really a bad idea ... u can break guiness world record and people will try to be like u.... but i think u should publicize it before engaging in such journey ( facebook, TV, radio etc) let people be aware of it...trust me its an excellent idea.... the first man to trek over 3000 miles ...

but i still think u choose another city apart from maidiguri
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by dridowu: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
alienware: yawning...... i was bored today, so decided to trek from my house at cele bus stop to ikeja, i got to computer village at about 10:56am and trekked back to illupeju >>>> oshodi then took a bus back to cele around to 1pm. am also planning of treking from lagos to maiduguri, i have contacted red bulls about 2 weeks ago for support and there are like saying they are going to give me lots of free drinks and i must wear their T-Shirt and will get a support of $20,000 if i can make it to kaduna.do y'all think this is si.lly ? red bull says i must wear their t-shirt and i must create a blog for all photo upload and they insist an agent will monitor me , am bored and tired of being idle
enof gari dey wit me, just holla at ur boi if u are ready.......................................we go even trek reach sudan, somalia, libya

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc / Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.