Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (27018 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2012
pro01: Lazy man. You wan trek from Lagos to Maiduguri na im you open thread. Those of us wey don trek from here to Libya enroute Italy (without ECOWAS passport, talkless of visa), wetin make we do? All these ajebota pikin of nowadays dey make me vex.
gringringrin gringringrin
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by logo77: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2012
@OP: Good idea. And like other NL'ders I like to come with you. Its cool to go as a team.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2012
1,600 km anybody can cover that up! The path and other factors have to be taken care of. Haven't people been trekking through desert in the old from Egypt to Israel, Saudi Arabia to Sudan, from Sokotto to Morocco? Please, this is not even something as bad as people are trying to make it looks like here. Just be fully prepared, you can do it within few weeks.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2012
EASY 39: See poverty. Den don get u @op

So na poverty you dey call thatgrin ?
Ok-define poverty then?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by freecocoa(f): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2012
Firstly OP is really bored,idle and is going mad, thinking anyone will give him $20,000 is a clear sign of that.

Secondly things like this are not possible in this country, you go just die for road, if armed robbers no attack you, one thing one thing must attack you so OP return to yabaleft, that's where you belong.

Btw, where you dey plan sleep if night catch you for road sef?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2012
obo_man: In the west, so many of these enduring and remarkable feat happen to raise money for charity.........

I don't know why most of you all are branding this man a mad man..... Our Ancestors trekked 1000s of miles to set up new habitat, in which we are a product of, today.

Walking ( a therapeutic form of exercise) is good for the brain.... I watched the news yesterday of a couple in their 70s that trekked from United Kingdom to their home in Italy.

However, my concerns are your security, and whether you have any survival tip to cope with the Journey. Skills like how to set up a tent, start a fire, protecting yourself from dehydration, gather wild food when you short of supply, having an anti-Venom shot, knowing how to swim, having the right dose of anti-biotic e.t.c.

For people branding you mad, they are mostly what is wrong with Nigeria.......

They see inactivity as a form of enjoyment.

well said bro- when our ancestor trek 1000KM in d olden days why not now?
Security is d only problem.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2012
GO AHEAD AND DO IT. AT LEAST UR DOING SOMETIN DIFFERENT FROM THE REST OF 9JA(STEALING AND PHUCKING). USE UR GPRS FOR ASSISTANCE. AND TRAVEL ONLY DAYTIME. YOU"LL MAKE IT.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2012
tiniyata:

physical fitness indeed, my brother pls go ahead with ur adventure, maybe ur trekkin will finally make the bokoharam boys to consider stoppin all this their wahala, cos they might conclude that the southern nigeria has been so frustrated by their act that they had to send a delagate to come interced for them, and the only thing that makes it more real is the fact that u will get there on foot....so the OP might be the messiah nigeria needs. And my friend (OP) before u start that move u need to ask any cow how it feels like to trek, whatevr the cow tells u, either by talkin or gesture, will make u reconsider.... And for a start, u do not need a trainer, but a HOOF....my 2kobo tho....
just see what you wrote,,jst read it, ha!!!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2012
tiniyata:

physical fitness indeed, my brother pls go ahead with ur adventure, maybe ur trekkin will finally make the bokoharam boys to consider stoppin all this their wahala, cos they might conclude that the southern nigeria has been so frustrated by their act that they had to send a delagate to come interced for them, and the only thing that makes it more real is the fact that u will get there on foot....so the OP might be the messiah nigeria needs. And my friend (OP) before u start that move u need to ask any cow how it feels like to trek, whatevr the cow tells u, either by talkin or gesture, will make u reconsider.... And for a start, u do not need a trainer, but a HOOF....my 2kobo tho....
just see what you wrote,,jst read it, smh!
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2012
Most comments here prove why Nigeria can not change. The simple truth is that nobody is willing to do something different. Almost all are afraid to die for a course(who definitely must die one day).
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by waja(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2012
Madness does not come from weed alone but from poor govt.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2012
@op,Don't be discouraged, atleast they are treking Naija- saudi in d olden days. So its vry possible.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by ceaz4r(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2012
@ op its a cool idea. Quite adventurous too. Am intrested if you need a company.which you will need, at least for company sake. We could make it a team worrk. Here'. Call me if you cool with it we can talk more.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by gtmutu(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2012
i wantto advice you, this is a channce for you to blow like timaya but you have to make good plan and preparation first before you start. your ideas may make you rich over night
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Acelifted: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
Draw inspiration from this story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blessitt

God be with you Brother.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
life_style: Go ahead,abi wetin you they wait for ? abeg if you see boko haram people tell them say make them stop all the rubbish wey them they do or else....

Purewater grin
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Dermie: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
U can Trek, its nt a bad idea...
If u cant finish d mission, call on me.
I'll continue 4rm where u stopped.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
andre99: See what our Govt has caused, people are going mad every day, may the Lord heal @alienware. AMEN!

AMEN.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by maasoap(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
chucky234: In the west you can trek day and night because there are no security issues,this is Nigeria where we have ritualists,boko haram,robbers,night crawlers all looking for their prey to fist on.
Even the animals in oyinbo land have kind hearts but not the ones in Naija,guy no basis for comparing Nigeria to the west.
You're joking right?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
ForzaRaphael: LET HIM TREK,WHEN HE'S TIRED,HE'LL GO BACK HOME.

You dey talk like gran''mama.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
chaircover: LOL hope you dont get confused with those mad people walking along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

He is one of them.

Moreover he wont be trekking along the express lanes to avoid hit and run drivers as well as policemen. He might also get tired and hop a bus. Rather, he is taking the fulani herdsmen route inside thick forest. The guy go be like Nebuchadnezzr by the time he gets to maiduguri.

2 Likes

Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by ignis: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
This guy must be a comedian.
Moderator please move to joke section.
I blame the Nigerian Government for not creating jobs for her people. This thought is as a result of joblessness if it is not just a mere joke.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Etumgbe(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Chei I don die::: is dis one endurance trek? NYSC must employ u
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by BlueMurder(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Godman_n: If I get this opportunity, I will grab it with both hands.

You have enough financial motivation already; and what you are going into is enough fun.

The only risk is Boko Haram, But I don't see them coming to attack you.

[/b]

Guy, are you sure that's the only risk?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by sylve11: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

He is one of them.

Gawd! grin grin grin cool
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by item1: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Even I-GO-DIE no make his money like dis. I bey easy ooooo. Remember plenty mortuary de along the road oo.
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by purplekayc(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good idea ... This should be some sort of Guinness book of world record?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by kemoolala: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Carry go now e no kuku far like dat. Pele alarinka
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kingzyice(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
dridowu: enof gari dey wit me, just holla at ur boi if u are ready.......................................we go even trek reach sudan, somalia, libya
as u wicked so. angry
dridowu: enof gari dey wit me, just holla at ur boi if u are ready.......................................we go even trek reach sudan, somalia, libya
na so u wicked reach?
Re: Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me by Kabikala(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
jamal230: Carry bomb dectator,also hospital

As in... carry a hospital too!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc / Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.