Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (28463 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Germannig: 10:45am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

...because we do not recognise anything before Onitsha to be iboland. You may have ibo speaking people living there but thats not iboland. I suggest you guys go open the archives and gazzettes of yestrryears and read up on the formation of native authority and how the old Eastern region was formed. Read up on the congregation of igbo tongue for missionary campaign so you can properly understand what is meant by native land.

States have no meaning to us.....we hold dear to our native lands. States may be your holy glory...but to us states is just a drawing on paper....artificial lines of scribbles.

Why did Fasola deport non-Igbos to Igbo land? Do you have an answer to that or do yo want to be prattling like a new-born baby?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

The customary laws of Lagos state recognizes the traditional and cultural kinship that exist within the[b] Yoruba commonwealth.[/b]....from one to the other there is a tie of kinship and brotherhood. A Yoruba from another state is not a foreigner in Lagos. A non-Yoruba in Lagos is a foreigner on the land.

You are either "Omo Kaaro o jire" or you are not.......we dont recognize alloyed nativity in our customs.

Did you type this, now i know your Bigotry has no bound. Any person who started this wild goose chase is an EEdiot because as I am typing Now, there r thousands of these so called refugees at [b]Agufere and The young [/b]moving back to naked Lagos grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2012
If Lagos begins to deport non-indigenes, no problem. Only issue is that Lagos must also begin to rely solely on its indigent revenue, she must reject all federal derived revenue, least she begins to enjoy resources derived from would be deportees' homeland to their detriment. So this move should be accompanied by resource control and confederation of the Nigerian states to work. Citizenship in a state funded by federal resources and whose major infrastructure were created by federal resources cannot be determined by customary laws but federal laws. And least we become confused revenue from federal funded ports are also not indigent, but owned by Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Germannig: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

The customary laws of Lagos state recognizes the traditional and cultural kinship that exist within the Yoruba commonwealth.....from one to the other there is a tie of kinship and brotherhood. A Yoruba from another state is not a foreigner in Lagos. A non-Yoruba in Lagos is a foreigner on the land.

You are either "Omo Kaaro o jire" or you are not.......we dont recognize alloyed nativity in our customs.

But Fasola also deported non-Lagos Yorubas. What does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2012
naptu2: Now, my criticism of the article.

1) They did not interview Lagos State Government officials to get their own side of the story.

2) They did not interview the people that were "dumped" to hear their own side of the story.

3) It is clear to me that the story is designed to inflame passions (particularly with the use of the words "deport" and "refugees" ).

They did not even look at the precedents.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dozies: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2012
This is blatant nonsense and we are talking of one Nigeria and to the Ibo's in particular no matter how highly placed this can happen to you if unabated. Remember the farm rat case. It is simply playing out here. Most of your investment is in Lagos state and its environs because you believe in one Nigeria. This Lagos state government action is a proof that there is no such thing as one Nigeria.
To Ndigbo in general, if you are not among those people deported today because you are privilege to stand on your feet, know it that it is a special gift to you the batten can change hands tomorrow if not in your generation it may happen soon after you. Learn from this treatment and adjust your stand today. Nigeria is not one and will never be one. So let us stop deceiving ourselves.

And for this reason an Hausa man will loot the treasury because he believes that the Nigerian state is temporal. Our togetherness as one nation is temporal. So grab as much as you can if you have the opportunity but you Ibos will expend you lives developing another man's land tomorrow your Children will be deported from thesame land you labored so much to develop........Ohhhhhh what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by montili(f): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2012
wissezy: What is wrong with that thing called ashiomole!! Someone should better go and tighten that loose nut, in that nuts head, before things gets out of hand with his stupid policies.

Guy na Lagos state Governor not Edo state Oshiomole, is your eye sight ok? grin grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2012
naptu2: Now, my criticism of the article.

1) They did not interview Lagos State Government officials to get their own side of the story.

2) They did not interview the people that were "dumped" to hear their own side of the story.

3) It is clear to me that the story is designed to inflame passions (particularly with the use of the words "deport" and "refugees" ).

Seconded carried to NL by the chief Bigot himself EKO-ILE, old fooool
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2012
Germannig:

Why did Fasola deport non-Igbos to Igbo land? Do you have an answer to that or do yo want to be prattling like a new-born baby?

How many of them are non-igbos ?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Germannig: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Did you read the original post that you have gleefully been prattling over?

Beyond that, and even more seriously, there is the question of ascertaining the criteria used in determining the eligibility of the affected persons for deportation, as well as their states of origin. Indications are that several of the affected persons are Igbo, but that many are not. Some do not even have confirmed biological nor other relationships with Anambra State. We wonder, for instance, whether the relevant liaison office, or state government, was contacted and what responses were received. There is the further question of who determined the appropriate spot to deposit the affected persons and in whose custody were they put, given the prevailing security situation in the country at the moment?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Obinoscopy(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2012
This is a disturbing news and portends doom for this country. And for BRF of all person to be the masterminder! Not good!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by redsun(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2012
There will come a time when lagos will be crying for resourceful people to come and inhabit the land once again.In no distant time,with the way things are going,mark my words.

As far as i am concerned,every made guy i know that use to live in lagos has relocated to some few saner cities in nigeria.Lagos is primarily for hustlers and the more infrastrctures like roads,constant electricity and instant communications are updated in all parts of nigeria,the more people will see the need to live in sane environment which lagos at this point in time and in decades to come,has nothing to offer..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Dude there is no IGBO man that is not doing anything in Lagos , let alone become a destitute, except those born by Yoruba Agberos by mistake or Rape, which means they r still logosians grin grin grin. Fashola knows he cant take any war no matter how minute it is to IGBOLAND , Lagos will be too hot for him to live cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2012
KenGali: If Lagos begins to deport non-indigenes, no problem. Only issue is that Lagos must also begin to rely solely on its indigent revenue, she must reject all federal derived revenue, least she begins to enjoy resources derived from would be deportees' homeland to their detriment. So this move should be accompanied by resource control and confederation of the Nigerian states to work. Citizenship in a state funded by federal resources and whose major infrastructure were created by federal resources cannot be determined by customary laws but federal laws. And least we become confused revenue from federal funded ports are also not indigent, but owned by Nigerians.

...as long you pay tax on all your freight passing through Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Edo, Delta, crossing NIger to gt to alaigbo....no problem
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2012
Germannig:

But Fasola also deported non-Lagos Yorubas. What does that mean?

.....doesnt that then make him a fair person? So why all the anger against Fash? When he deported Hausa, no noise.....he depored Yoruba, no noise......he deports ibo, you all are quoting constiution. You see how foolish ibo people are?

I thought una own Lagos? Where is your license of ownership now to block this return to Onitsha?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by dozies: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2012
This is a political blunder if Lagos is not a home for all Nigerians regardless of your state of origin then the selection criteria should be clearly defined. Nigerians are not free to live in Lagos unless you meet certain condition hmmm. This discrimination is a security risk to the stability of this country oooo. This man should be cautioned immediately. Otherwise the press should delibrate on the hidden agenda.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by basisop(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2012
I can hear the sound of "Igodo". This is going to be an internal war. Igbos are not abokis and will respond with equal measures. "Republic of Lagos"
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2012
Germannig:

Did you read the original post that you have gleefully been prattling over?

...give me a break down by their ethnicity. if you want an answer from me you must work for it.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by ichidodo: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Saintneo,

The people living in Lagos State have a civic responsibility to the state. This action by Lagos State is supported by the customary laws and those laws recognize and identify citizenship strictly by ward and ancestry. The constitution of Nigeria further recognize and empower those customary laws as the basis of indigeneity for any member state in the sovereingty. If you suppress the customary laws in favor of the Constitution then you must also dissolve the traditional Chiefs and fire the Obas and the title holders.....basically erode the culture.

If you do it for Lagos, you must do it for all other states. If the other states must keep their customary laws intact, then so must Lagos.

On the substance of the matter itself, who are these people and why were they deported?

On the lagality, Lagos State, by this action, has not acted in counter to any provision or statutes of Constitution and is therefore not in violation of the right of citizenship clause.
ALL NA GRAMMAR U DEY YARN! THAT ACTION IS WICKED AND EVIL. IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN, IT WILL CAUSE DISUNITY IN OUR COUNTRY. WHAT IS BAD IS BAD.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by CyberG: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2012
There must be more to this issue. Someone mentioned they could be part of the recently freed criminals (255) or so. That said, the Lagos government has repatriated both Yorubas and Hausas previously do doing same to ibos cannot be tribally motivated. Of all of them, ibos are known to insult their hosts in any part of Nigeria anyways so why should such host keep feeding and providing you something your land cannot and all you payback is ingratitude and abuse? To people boasting about their votes, who cares? If you think aspirants at any level should not carry out their legal duties otherwise you won't vote for them, better keep your votes. Also ship out to your motherland and all that will be said is good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Germannig: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

.....doesnt that then make him a fair person? So why all the anger against Fash? When he deported Hausa, no noise.....he depored Yoruba, no noise......he deports ibo, you all are quoting constiution. You see how foolish ibo people are?

I thought una own Lagos? Where is your license of ownership now to block this return to Onitsha?

Did you read my post where I said what he did was not tribalism? The only thing I know is that his political ambition outside Lagos is done with, based on his deporting northerners and easterners (Igbo and non-Igbos alike) from their own country.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by aryzgreat: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2012
I WAS EVEN THINKING FASHOLA WAS A LEARNED PERSON NOT KNOWING HE IS AN ANIMAL! HE HAS LOST ALL RESPECT I HAVE FOR HIM. TO EVEN THINK THIS KIND OF ANIMAL WAN'T TO CONTEST FOR PRESIDENCY IS A JOKE OF THE CENTURY.

IF THE "DEPORTEES" COMMITTED OR BREACH THE STATE LAW, UNDER WHAT ARRANGEMENT DID HE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEY ARE ALL ANAMBRARIANS? AND WHY WOULD HUMAN BEINGS BE DUMPED UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS IN ONITSHA AT SUCH AN UNHOLY HOUR? WHY DIDN'T ONITSHA TRADERS SEIZE THE DRIVERS AND CONFISCATE THE 9 BUSES? THAT WOULD HAVE DRAWN THE BATTLE LINE BTWN LAGOS AND ANAMBRA AND THIS MATTER ADDRESSED APPROPRIATELY. FASHOLA IS A FOOL! A BIGOT! AND A COWARD!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2012
redsun: There will come a time when lagos will be crying for resourceful people to come and inhabit the land once again.In no distant time,with the way things are going,mark my words.

As far as i am concerned,every made guy i know that use to live in lagos has relocated to some few saner cities in nigeria.Lagos is primarily for hustlers and the more infrastrctures like roads,constant electricity and instant communications are updated in all parts of nigeria,the more people will see the need to live in sane environment which lagos at this point in time and in decades to come,has nothing to offer..

When has Lagos ever begged for manpower and talents?

Yes, Abuja is developed...Calabar is developwd, make una go try somwhere else.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Germannig: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

But why did Fasola deport non-Lagos Yoruba from Lagos. You have just claimed Yoruba are no foreigners in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by ichidodo: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

ITS URE FATHER THAT IS FOOLISH, WHETHER U LIKE AM OR U KNOW LIKE AM WE OWN U.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Dude there is no IGBO man that is not doing anything in Lagos , let alone become a destitute, except those born by Yoruba Agberos by mistake or Rape, which means they r still logosians grin grin grin. Fashola knows he cant take any war no matter how minute it is to IGBOLAND , Lagos will be too hot for him to live cool

I am surprised it took this long, five pages, before ibos start to brag about war and taking assault to people. grin

We got take ibo blood paint the lane marker from toll gate past Ore past Bini all the way to Niger bridge.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2012
Don't know why you people are wasting your time on this article posted by a dimwit, juvenile troll. No direct quotes or interviews of any involved party and details shrouded in ambiguity that leaves room for wild speculation. A real waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2012
basisop: I can hear the sound of "Igodo". This is going to be an internal war. Igbos are not abokis and will respond with equal measures. "Republic of Lagos"

Like you did 12 yrs ago when your people chartered ekenedili out of town?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2012
ichidodo: ALL NA GRAMMAR U DEY YARN! THAT ACTION IS WICKED AND EVIL. IF CARE IS NOT TAKEN, IT WILL CAUSE DISUNITY IN OUR COUNTRY. WHAT IS BAD IS BAD.

Did u say cause disunity? since when have we been united?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by redsun(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

When has Lagos ever begged for manpower and talents?

Yes, Abuja is developed...Calabar is developwd, make una go try somwhere else.

Who do you think made lagos a thriving burstling commercial city that it is today?Area boys like ekoile?agberos like tinubu or imoile like ekoatlantic,aka ekoile?

You must be dreaming to think that lagos can be the heart beat of nigeria without the ingenious efforts of resouceful "nigerians",take that out,lagos will be for the dogs,just like the once thriving cities like kano and kaduna in the north have become.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2012
Germannig:

Did you read my post where I said what he did was not tribalism? The only thing I know is that his political ambition outside Lagos is done with, based on his deporting northerners and easterners (Igbo and non-Igbos alike) from their own country.

Look at you..... his political ambition was secured after removing hausas and yorubas.....but now that he has removed ibos his political ambition is dead. How does that sound to your ego?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by aryzgreat: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

U are a fool, if u choose not to make noise dats ur headache, when he sent mad indigenes of ekiti to ekiti state, did he join hausa bambiallah beggers to ekiti? was the state Governor informed or not? and why would a so called learned Govnor act like a rascal in dealing with human beings? what stops him from bringing them in when people would notice it? cos he knows what he just did is unlawful and the outcome would av been brutal.

Onitsha people would have seized the buses, drivers and await fashola's explanation had it been the returned those people at such time suspecting eyes would have caught up with them. The manner and timing of d whole exercise was odd suggesting an unlawful act. Fashola my anus!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Igbo Quit Notice: I'm Ready To Be Arrested - Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima. / Obi In Abia For Alex Otti Governorship Flag-Off Not For Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.