Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (28461 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Desola(f): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: What a load of cr.ap! Lagos has NO indigenes, it's no man's land. How can they go about deporting Nigerians when Togolese still boku for there? This is like saying New York deports citizens of Arizona. Stewpid Africans.

I must be stateless, then. Why do you people go about with such myopic mindset and spew ignorance everywhere?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chino11(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2012
Why would yorobbers dump their own northern cousins in my dear state of Anambra? Why not Taraba or Gombe are they afraid of Boko Haramists.. or what??

The last I checked Anambrans provides the highest private sector employment all over the country. Anambrans are hardworking and industrious breeds of igbos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by TonySpike: 9:29am On Sep 26, 2012
safarigirl: What a load of cr.ap! Lagos has NO indigenes, it's no man's land.[color=#990000][/color] How can they go about deporting Nigerians when Togolese still boku for there? This is like saying New York deports citizens of Arizona. Stewpid Africans.

Did I hear you say Lagos has no indigenes? I bet indigenous Lagosians like Shymexx, bittyend, Dudu Negro, Alh harem will take this up with you. Are you trying to say that the Europeans met no one on ground when they arrived Lagos in the 1800s? Interesting...
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by sayitout1: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2012
What right does lagos state government have to deport ''Nigerians'' from one state to another unlawfully and forcefully in their country.

Am not supprise cos Lagos state government does not have the interest of even her own people in mind. They just wake up and impose any law they like cos NO ONE question's them.

If Anambra state in turn starts deportation, what would then happen?

This was how the incident that happened between Nigeria and South Africa started when Nigerian were deported unlawfully and Nigeria retaliated.

I sometimes wonder if ''some'' of our so called leaders are educated cos of some actions they take without considering the long term or after effect.

The truth is clear ''the leaders'' don't work together as one for the success of their people and the nation at large.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by akpunku1: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2012
the heading misleading, the story untactful, can't believe i wasted my time reading almost half of this junk. The article is due for d garbage.

In ur wildest dreams...
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by icon8: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2012
ME? To be drawn into a diatribe with you?? You clearly left me in no doubt to your state of mind and reasoning ability, given that all that made sense to you in my submission is my indigeneship of a particular place! You seriously don't expect me to start a tete-a-tete with you, do you?
Dudu_Negro:

.....yeah, name three Agbole in Epetedo and briefly tell me how Igunnu came to Epetedo if you are truly an indigene of Epetedo.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by luvinhubby(m): 9:31am On Sep 26, 2012
Tony Spike:

Who prepared this constitution? Was it adopted by the generality of Nigerians? Was there a referendum to agree on what terms this constitution operates?
At least they were Nigerians that did it and we have accepted to live by it, at least for now, till then i think it should be respected by Obi, Kwankwaso and Fashola.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:31am On Sep 26, 2012
That customary laws are given prior recognition before a national constitution (people drafted or not).

Luvinhubby,

I dont believe i ever said customary law supersedes the national constitution. Review my post for accuracy.

I said customary law is backed by constitution!
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by naptu2: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2012
icon8: @naptu2: we need to ascertain if they CHOSE to RETURN and if their state governor was contacted prior to their return, which I doubt (if the write-up is anything to go by) anyways. At any rate, thanks for the insight!

That's why I said

naptu2: There's something missing in the article above & that's the voice of the people that were returned
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Slizbeat(m): 9:33am On Sep 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

now that this ridiculous story has been confirmed can amala eating fashola tell me why he has to turn my state into a dumping ground. I can guarantee 98% of those are not igbos talk more of industrious Anambra people.How did fashola tell who is Anambra or not before dumping them there. I dont know why any time is being wasted, the only sensible thing peter obi should do is to bundle them back and send them back to Lagos govt house. no brainer or protocol there.
No my brother, the most reasonable thing Obi should do is keep them in Anambra and use the labour force they would produce for the betterment of the people and the state. A reasonable govt. believes in the strenght of Diversity, per say, check U.S.A and China. Very soon i would teach Nigerians how to govern, i guess much hailing and praises turns their heads around. OBI pls think wise b4 u act, FASHOLA am dissappointed.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by luvinhubby(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Luvinhubby,

I dont believe i ever said customary law supersedes the national constitution. Review my post for accuracy.

I said customary law is backed by constitution!
I`ve done so, you seem to justify the `deportation` with customary laws, which i think should be, the least unacceptable.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by SlyIg(f): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2012
Freiburger: Deporting people within their own country. How rediculous. undecided undecided undecided
Cos they dont pay tax.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2012
Desola:

Wow!!!You this man! You just dey make my heart go "jigijigibambabam!" grin

Desola, sorry our noise woke you up. lol. Omo Yoruba ti gun oke agba, we are moving on.....constitution is a drag on our vision and progress, we cant be slowed down any further.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by redsun(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2012
kingingkinging:

This is one of the infurating and annoying statements, very inciting that are causing problems. How can u say Lagos is no man's land? How can u say it is has no indigene? The Epe people, Ikorodu people, Ibeju Lekki, Isale Eko, Badagary people, Agarawu,Isolo,etc jumped from heaven? The hospitality of the West should not be taken for foolishness pls.

Nonsense.

Cities evolve to overcome tribal affiliations,divisions and traits,that is what lagos is doing.Lagos can be said to first urbanized city in te federal republic of "nigeria",devieloped by "nigeria" for "nigerians" not for area boys and fathers like ekoile and tinubu.

Live with it or summon the guts to secede.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by TonySpike: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2012
luvinhubby:
At least they were Nigerians that did it and we have accepted to live by it, at least for now, till then i think it should be respected by Obi, Kwankwaso and Fashola.

I, for once, doubt the Nigerian constitution - just like over 90% of the entire Nigerian populace - who have no stake in the constitution drafted by the military.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:39am On Sep 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
why is fashola even worried about non indigenes in his state when FG money (of which lagos state contributed nada) was used to develop and industrialize the state at the detriment of othrrs. every nigerian has equal right in lagos atleast until the nation is dividided – which we pray for.

Fashola is not worried about non-indigenes. He is worried about "unproductive non-indigenes."

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by samkoro: 9:39am On Sep 26, 2012
Eko Atlantic: Fashola no dulling grin

Send those murtherfvckers back to their erosion ridden villages

Eko oni baje lailai !!!
cheesy

Ha ! Ha! Ha! I laugh in Oduah republic. I'm very sure those deportees are already back to Lagos the next morning. Peter Obi will just dash them pocket money to find thgeir way back after entertaining them with Jelof rice and egusi soup.Aboki trailer could charge only an N300 naira or a free ride to get them back.And when they are back,they become wiser and you-robber-hating .

This You-robber people sef. Ethnocentric manouvering is what they love.They fail to understand that it is counter productive

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by luvinhubby(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2012
Personally, i think Fashola has started playing to the gallery, first it was the traffic law that will culminate in you going to jail for 1yr and your vehicle impounded and auctioned for traffic violation, to asking Landlords to `LANDSCAPE AND PLANT`flowers or pay the govt. cost for doing that for you and spend 6months in jail and now deporting people (whether Ibos or Efiks is irrelevant) out of Lagos and dumping them in an open space at Onitsha, gooossshhhh, that is irresponsible governance in the highest order.
From the same constitution Fashola derived his power to be governor of Lagos, those `refugees` also derived the power to be Nigerians in any part or state in this country. This is more serious than we are portraying it here.
Have we given a thought to what will happen if a few other governors start `deporting` non-indegenes from states.
Lets call a spade a spade and not a farming implement.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Slizbeat(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2012
By the way, how do you know one's state of Origin? And in the 1st page of this thread, one posted "what makes Ade a Native of Lagos and Emeka a Native of Anambra?" the simple answer is NOTHING. my cousin bears BOLAJI and if one would answer the question above, u would say my cousin is 4rm the SW which u would fail 100% in any exam. The fact that they bear ADE or EMEKA doesnt make u knw their state of Origin or Nativity, it only makes u knw that one of the parents is either 4rm the SW or SE and u cnt even guess correctly. A yorubaman+Igbowoman could marry and give birth to a kid they would call EMEKA. Without the surname, u would never believe the Afformentioned EMEKA is a yoruba. So i just answered the question in my own terms.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2012
Republic of Lagos.LMAO! ;grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2012
icon8: ME? To be drawn into a diatribe with you?? You clearly left me in no doubt to your state of mind and reasoning ability, given that all that made sense to you in my submission is my indigeneship of a particular place! You seriously don't expect me to start a tete-a-tete with you, do you?

Listen to yourself......you knew before you chllenged me that my state of mind is below yours but yet you called me out. Faced with my counter challenge now and unable to get answer and prove your false claim you suddenly discover that you are more refined than i am.

Dont bite into meat that will choke you if it stuck halway down your throat. You hear? I will let you save face this time.... cool
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by SkyBlue1: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2012
sayit_out1: What right does lagos state have to deport ''Nigerians'' from one state to another.

Lagos state does not have the interest of its people in mind. They just wake up and empose any law they like cos NO ONE question's them.

If Anambra state in turn starts deportation, what would then happen. These was how the insident that happened in south Africa started.

I sometimes wonder if our leaders are educated cos of some actions they take without considering the lond term effect.

The truth is clear ''out leaders don't work together as one'' for the success of its people and the nation at large.

Don't say no one question's them, say no one pays attention and that would be closer to the truth. What do you know of the laws currently being deliberated in your state? Because it is either that or Lagosians back the law. But don't turn a blind eye to the laziness of Nigerians in taking any part in the task of governance.

As much as I find this very questionable (which I really do), I must say it felt refreshing to see a state passing laws which in their own head sounded good for their citizens. I wish more states passed laws they thought was in the interest of their citizens, let us start challenging to see how far we can push the current constitution.

But let us as well be honest, this law seems racist. I wonder how many Yorubas have been deported or will ever be deported as a result of such a law. Or do all Yorubas including the ones outside Nigeria automatically qualify as indigenes of Lagos state?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by chucky234(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2012
Tony Spike:

Did I hear you say Lagos has no indigenes? I bet indigenous Lagosians like Shymexx, bittyend, Dudu Negro, Alh harem will take this up with you. Are you trying to say that the Europeans met no one on ground when they arrived Lagos in the 1800s? Interesting...
Shymmex Lagosian? I laff your face,person wey no know the colour of MMA na him you dey call Lagosian,e be like some nuts don loose comot for your head.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2012
...oh by the way, my mother is an indigene of Epetedo. I will school you on the beginnings and ends of Epetedo before it recently became a haven for ibos.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by andyanders: 9:55am On Sep 26, 2012
I think Fashola is getting out of his mind over his action by deporting people out of Lagos. He should remember that one day, he will be out of power and become a common man. Power intoxicates and the way Fashola is behaving having no sympathy on the common man, one day, he will also leave this world. He should remember that God equally created these individuals he is pursuing. Their been sick does not portray them not to be the children of God. T.B.Joshua has shown love to the less privileged, abandoned children, widows, widowers orphans, Housa destitute,and many others like them, offering them accommodation through his ministry, but these government individuals who power intoxicates, see no harm in their actions to treat the sick and the less privileged inhumanly.God is watching you, Fashola

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by TonySpike: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2012
chucky234: Shymmex Lagosian? I laff your face,person wey no know the colour of MMA na him you dey call Lagosian,e be like some nuts don loose comot for your head.

Bros, abeg no yab me o. I hands up, biko bianu. grin
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by simeonT: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2012
What many people fail to realise i̶̲̥̅̊S̶̲̥̅ that when you don't have something meaningful doing in any state of the federation you should be returned to your state of origin. There, no-how you will find something to do. Thou it might be little. Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa does not count here. I overheard a Yoruba tout telling his colleague to get ID-Card because Lagos state Govt. Would soon come and raid them again. They all said they had got it. The Yorubas men will always learn semi-skill work like carpentry, Bricklaying etc if they can't go to school. All these tout and agbero you see in Lagos have one occupation or the other. But majority of the Ibos will be learn how to sell market if they can't go to school and hausa will not even learn anyone they do hard jobs initially and later turn to beggars when the power i̶̲̥̅̊S̶̲̥̅ no longer there. Therefore when Lagos state task force get them they can't defend theirselves. Hence, they are returned to there state of origin.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Nobody has violated any constitution my friend........people are simply disillusioned into believing that the gathering of non-consenting ethnic groups into a fraudulent coalition of pretentious sovereingty is a permanent and workable substitute for crossing or bridging customs and cultures.

The piece of composition ratified by non-consenting ethnic groups to serve as document of order and propriety for the native land is nothing but a sham.....it invokes more problems than it resolves grievance.

Dont blame the "effect"....curse the "cause". We are living an infatuation....a perpetual one for that matter the longer we continue to rest hope in a constitution as the harbinger of truth and the savior of our faulty gathering.

Odua is moving on!
All these nonsense grammar is just to state the line Nigerian constitution is wrong and that the amalgamation was wrong. And how those these address the issue of Lagos State deporting fellow Nigerian citizens. What if every other state follows suit.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by DuduNegro: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2012
Slizbeat: By the way, how do you know one's state of Origin? And in the 1st page of this thread, one posted "what makes Ade a Native of Lagos and Emeka a Native of Anambra?" the simple answer is NOTHING. my cousin bears BOLAJI and if one would answer the question above, u would say my cousin is 4rm the SW which u would fail 100% in any exam. The fact that they bear ADE or EMEKA doesnt make u knw their state of Origin or Nativity, it only makes u knw that one of the parents is either 4rm the SW or SE and u cnt even guess correctly. A yorubaman+Igbowoman could marry and give birth to a kid they would call EMEKA. Without the surname, u would never believe the Afformentioned EMEKA is a yoruba. So i just answered the question in my own terms.

How does one come to such a conclusion that a persona named Bolaji has at the minimum one parent who is of Yoruba stock?
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2012
I do not know what qualifies someone to be a Lagosian, I really do not know what criteria they use in determining who a Lagosian is.
Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by MiracleChild: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2012
This Is very interesting.

I support Gov Fashola in everything he does. I come from a state where i cant even go spend a weekend anymore because kidnapping,killings and daytime robbery are the order of the day.where there are no infrastructural developments ,where the government is so corrupt and their major aim in office is to fill their bank accounts and that of their families. bearing in mind that we are one of the riches states in Nigeria.I have settled in Lagos and i am happy to be here.i live like i live abroad and everything works.

The people of Lagos have taken great steps to put their house in order.The people defended their votes and ensured proper leader are elected. the government worked for the people. and Lagos has been a good host. Any Guest that choose to reward by his host behaving badly should be "returned" cos its just not right.Instead of complaining other states should put their house in order so their people should be happy to live there. if not anything you see you should take it.cos nobody will stand by and see their hard work being destroyed by others and i don't expect Lagosians to condone rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees by profola2be(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: This is once again an unconstitutional act and a violation of the right to freedom of movement of the Anambrarians. This is similar to the law passed by Ogun which seeks to do the same to Fulani herdsmen. This is a troubling trend coming out of the SW.

These SW leaders may very well be rascals as stated by GEJ during the election campaign.
just as your SouthEast leaders are rascals.
if you feel embettered about the whole issue,then i will suggest your Governor,Peter Obi also deport Lagosian who have nothing,i mean no any tangible business to do in Anambra.
why do we have Urban congestion in cities like Lagos,Abuja,Porthacort and so on?it's because everybody wants to live in the city,even when majority don't have anything to do there,at the expense of abandoning a genuine work in the village that will fetch them good and cool money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Over 90 Killed Many Injured As Suspected Fulani Insurgents Sack Benue Village / EFCC Invites Tompolo Over NIMASA University Land Scam / CCT Trial: Tribunal Adjourns Saraki's Case Indefinitely..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.