Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,264 members, 7,954,027 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:06 AM

Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (15296 Views)

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Femi Gbajabiamila, ACN Role Model, Is A Felon In The USA / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Bukkyade: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dey don dey run their mouth, look @ demX2
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life: Very unfortunate that parties in Nigeria resort to this wasteful bickering. Jonathan may not have issued a response (we do not know,), and YES I won't condone it because there were victims, however, calling him a trainee president is just ridic. Do you go on some special presidential training and certification to become a president?

IMO, I just think ACN is just seeking attention and are trying to capitalize or should I say take advantage of the situation. ACN is as bad as PDD, perfect case of pot calling kettle black. undecided undecided

Theres nothing ridiculous about it because the President has shown incompetence in his handling of our domestic affair.

You cant have bombing and flooding in several parts of the country and not show interest.

This is similar to the situation when he chose to go party in Brazil while the nation boiled. And on calling him a trainee President. They are on Point. below is a Joe Biden comment on Obama

Joe Biden commented on Barack Obama's experience as a Senator and his readiness to become the President. He said "I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training". Biden was asked later if he still 'stands by the statement' and he said "I think that I stand by the statement."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaLEJwkh9c
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
2ru-talk:
ACN is very hypocritical. I strongly believe that an ACN candidate will be worse than GEJ led administration if voted into the office of the President. All ACN is doing is to win the sympathy of the masses to pave way for their 2015 election bid. Who is deceiving who? RUBBISH

Charly, a president's primary concern is not opposition but the governed. Unfortunately for the trainee president, both the governed and the opposition are saying the same thing.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by taharqa: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
The ACN's entire premise for dis silly talk is based on 2 points: the Abuja-Lokoja road's infrastructure 'bad state' caused d flooding(or made it worse perhaps) AND d president didnt send anyone to inspect d flooded areas. These are complete lies and shows d unfortunate shallowness d ACN have to sink to recently. How would the infrastructure of a road stop a river whose depth have risen to its highest levels in a 100yrs(10-15m) from been flooded? It beats d hell out of me. Perhaps if it was paved in pure gold d goddess of d river may have decided to avoid it and only flood d unpaved areas on its other side! obviously d gr8t infrastructure of some roads in Britain failed to protect them 4rm been flooded just ysterday; perhaps Lagos(an ACN state) have d worst road infrastructure in 9ja cos it always has d worst flooding in d entire country everytime rain falls 4 just a day?

On d president not sending anybody to d affected areas and not caring as Lai mohammed alleged- would d ACN tell us that they have not been watching their TV or reading papers where it was widely reported that ministers sent by d President immediately he held an emergency meeting with d northern governors on dis same flooding issue last week(which they took so seriously that d VP could not chair d Power Privatization meeting that was supposed to hold that day) have been visiting 9 states continuously since last week? Would they say they didnt see d 4 or 5 ministers that visited Kogi the day b4 yterday through yterday, which was also widely reported in d media?

It is unfortunate that ACN chose to sink this low and employ LIES to score cheap political points, and what is worst play politics wit d suffering of people(Nigerians); it is even more unfortunate that there are some ignorant/gullible people who would believe this crass propaganda.....to think that even till early this year I thought d ACN was d alternative to d PDP.

PDP, CPC, ACN- birds of same plumage. May God help us in dis country

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by sunkoye: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
fm7070: ACN is not on point.
Who is 'Expert President'?
When OBJ was there, people called him names, now he's an hero
GEJ is trying his best. At least, I can see some level of transparency, sincerity and improvement in his governance.
OBJ hero??.....for ur mind!
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Bukkyade: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
mengi: me.ning b4 2015, he would ve m.stered the process. by 2015 he will become better.
exactly, by then we would vote him in to be the president of Nigeria, I like ACN prophets they are on point.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Koachdee(m): 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
The only reasonable man in ACN is Fashola

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Theres nothing ridiculous about it because the President has shown incompetence in his handling of our domestic affair.

You cant have bombing and flooding in several parts of the country and not show interest.

This is similar to the situation when he chose to go party in Brazil while the nation boiled. And on calling him a trainee President. They are on Point. below is a Joe Biden comment on Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaLEJwkh9c

Really? Come on man, well I shouldn't be surprised. I believe in constructive criticism, though the president may have shown incompetence in few areas of governance, but please, criticize for the right reasons and under the right circumstance. My STAND is CLEAR - given the situation and it's sensitivity, it's just BOGUS to call him a trainee president.

How do you mean "not show interest"? How has he not shown interest? Hasn't there been recovery efforts since after the events? YES or NO? Or, do you want him to fly 5,000+ miles away from NY to ABJ to participate in the recovery process before you know he has shown interest?

As for the Joe Biden comment, I'm sure his VP can say the same thing. Words do not translate into action and vice versa. Joe Biden made that comment, question is, how many Americans or should I say Republicans share his view?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Bawss1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life:

So going by your own theory, "Nigeria is a scam= BAD", I guess that makes you and I bad or scammers right?

You, in your comment earlier stated that "ACN is just as bad as PDP", meaning PDP is just as bad as ACN, therefore PDP is bad. cheesy grin

No need trying to twist this into whatever theory you want to attribute to me.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by lacasa: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Tell me you have gotten your own laptop.

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
tpapi: Acn is jus seekin cheap publicity,always takin adv of any sad occurence to attack,but i can assure acn,they wil neva smel d presidency FOR LIFE

Hey, there is nothing like cheap publicity here. They are on point! Can you debunk what they posited?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by tunapar(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
I call him an insensitive, clueless, an opportunist and an absentee president. But I believe if given a second term, he might perform better.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by DisGuy: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
Laff wan tear my belly o!!!

trainee presido lol

whats with all the muppets saying ACN is taking shots at hime, what do oppositions do?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Bawss1:

You, in your comment earlier stated that "ACN is just as bad as PDP", meaning PDP is just as bad as ACN, therefore PDP is bad. cheesy grin

No need trying to twist this into whatever theory you want to attribute to me.

YES, I stand by my own words.

I did say ACN is as bad as PDP in terms of leadership and other attributes. I said the entity was bad not the hundreds of people who are part of the entity... Hope that clears the confusion. Therefore, just like ACN and PDP, they have both the good and bad, but the core principals of both parties are eroded with everything being irrelevant.

As for the attribute to you, I was only giving an example. True or NOT, haven't people called Nigeria a country of scam? Does Nigeria not have a bad reputation globally? Does that make you and I who are Nigerians BAD? Answer that question and you will grasp the concept of my argument.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by omoalaro: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
All of una dey say Jonathan no perform, Jonathan no perform. If una send pikin go school and he no perform, una no go make am repeat?. Abeg make Jonathan repeat for 2015, he go perform.

Sounds like words from a Benin High Chief.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by truth4meal(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
admcompub: Indeed, a trainee President, at the end of his tenure in office, he will become a Professional Leader and will prove it in his next four year term in office as the President, and Commander in-Chief of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
dream on
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Koachdee(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
The only reasonable person in ACN is Fashola, even dia so called party leader is a bag of shit. Could ACN's presidential candidate(Ribadu) done any better?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: What does Jonathing have to offer at UN Assembly?

Were you in my mind?
Please this is a serious question.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life: Really? Come on man, well I shouldn't be surprised. I believe in constructive criticism, though the president may have shown incompetence in few areas of governance, but please, criticize for the right reasons and under the right circumstance. My STAND is CLEAR - given the situation and it's sensitivity, it's just BOGUS to call him a trainee president.

How do you mean "not show interest"? How has he not shown interest? Hasn't there been recovery efforts since after the events? YES or NO? Or, do you want him to fly 5,000+ miles away from NY to ABJ to participate in the recovery process before you know he has shown interest?

As for the Joe Biden comment, I'm sure his VP can say the same thing. Words do not translate into action and vice versa. Joe Biden made that comment, question is, how many Americans or should I say Republicans share his view?

Show any interest because any sensitive President would have visited the people in the areas affected at least. Lokoja flooding is over a week now. You are an American would any American president ignore an incident of such magnitude?

And regarding the Joe Biden comments, its to show you there is nothing ridiculous about the ACN comment. America a country of several century democracy still attack their leaders using similar verbiage.

So when Jonathan is showing the attributes of a trainee, Should the ACN say otherwise?

What is the right reason and ight circumstance to criticize? You mean bombing in Bauchi is not enough reason or Flooding in the 2 biggest Nigerian rivers destroying life and properties is not big enough a circumstance?

Fly back 5,000miles, How many hours would that take? Are you saying if a bomb explodes in America killing people and Obama was in Korea or even in the Space, he wont fly back? even if its 50,000 miles?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
hillsate:

Were you in my mind?
Please this is a serious question.

Same thing ALL past presidents have contributed.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by unekwubaby: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
hillsate:

You call what GEJ is doing as "trying his best?"
No one tasked with leadership of any nation is ever told to try his best. D0 THE WORK is what is advocated. Unfortunately GEJ is not interested in learning how to govern nigeria. A classical example is hiding the illness of his wife same thing Turai did for her husband.

you are completely out of point
go back to jss1 for orientation
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by truth4meal(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life:

Really? Come on man, well I shouldn't be surprised. I believe in constructive criticism, though the president may have shown incompetence in few areas of governance, but please, criticize for the right reasons and under the right circumstance. My STAND is CLEAR - given the situation and it's sensitivity, it's just BOGUS to call him a trainee president.

to show u how insensitive the trainee president is - flooding is not list as an agenda for discussion @ FEC meeting
Flood disaster not on FEC agenda for Wednesday, contract awards top list http:///gzYof8Y5
How impassive can a president be?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
tunapar: I call him an insensitive, clueless, an opportunist and an absentee president. But I believe if given a second term, he might perform better.

After knowing all these, you think a second term will make them disappear?
Common!
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life:

Same thing ALL past presidents have contributed.

But Jonathan has contributed nothing.

Always sitting on the fence on every issue.

Jonathan is just a Pen in the hand of Godfathers.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Jyde89: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Me fink's ACN is just angry cos GEJ isn't doing his IT under jagaban like so many other's, including Fashola.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by eledalo: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum! See insult!
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Clerverly: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
I like this ACN of a party. Their shots always set these[i] Laptop Gang [/i]sweating on their key boards to justify their pay. Trainee President indeed grin but me think say na IT him dey do for Aso Robtongue
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
unekwubaby:

you are completely out of point
go back to jss1 for orientation

I just passed common entrance to Jss1 Ma.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by omiobo: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
tpapi: Acn is jus seekin cheap publicity,always takin adv of any sad occurence to attack,but i can assure acn,they wil neva smel d presidency FOR LIFE

Must PDP gives room for ACN to seek cheap publicity? I beg go find somewhere rest your head,make you no dey jabo anyhow.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Demdem(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
Biggyd2:

However, even worse is the fact that the president has not deemed it fit to comment on this disaster, neither has there been any visit by a federal minister or any co-ordinated response to the disaster from the central government, the ACN statement said.
On a weekend of multiple disasters such as the Lokoja flooding, the bomb blast in Bauchi, and the two weeks of non-stop flooding all around the country, the ACN alleged that the president’s handlers showed more concern in informing Nigerians about President Jonathan’s trip to the United Nations General Assembly summit than explaining or proposing a co-ordinated response to these calamities.

The disposition of President Jonathan’s administration to the welfare of Nigerians, the ACN said, confirmed the widely held belief that the welfare or well-being of Nigerians is definitely not a priority to his government, otherwise why could the president not find time to visit even by helicopter the disaster zones to at least give hope to the victims or their relations, the party queried.

The above is so on point. It reminds me of the earth summit which the retardeen claimed he went for when evil Boko was busy bombing his citizens to death. The retardeen simply doesnt care about those he is governing. thats a fact.
Already, he has stated that he will not appeal the Bakaasi Judgement despite his people's cries, isnt that madness?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Bawss1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life:

YES, I stand by my own words.

I did say ACN is as bad as PDP in terms of leadership and other attributes. I said the entity was bad not the hundreds of people who are part of the entity... Hope that clears the confusion. Therefore, just like ACN and PDP, they have both the good and bad, but the core principals of both parties are eroded with everything being irrelevant.

As for the attribute to you, I was only giving an example. True or NOT, haven't people called Nigeria a country of scam? Does Nigeria not have a bad reputation globally? Does that make you and I who are Nigerians BAD? Answer that question and you will grasp the concept of my argument.

This is interesting. So who are the core principals here, I'm curious to see how you intend to distance GEJ from this because by implication you are saying that GEJ is bad. (Hence the "modest" trainee-president remark by ACN is justified?)

As per your question: True, Nigeria has a notorious reputation for scam. But it is an obvious generalization to say that it applies to ALL Nigerians. Let's stay away from the straw-man please.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by MAYOWAAK: 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Somebody should please help me whisper to the president that globally, it is part of the job description of the opposition to take advantage of any situation that presents itself to criticise the sitting government. Oh yes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC To Now Conduct Local Government Elections – Senate / Oshiomhole, Tinubu Under Fire For Position On Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila / Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.