Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176682 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
xmelly4lov: maryland is a very cool place you can get a job with better pay like $15/hr, depends on your skil bor
Thats right!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by xmelly4lov: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Remmy488: Whre in Bmore do u live?

hyattsville anapolise RD MD.U?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 27, 2013
Remmy488 pls how is the flight u booked to maryland??...is it frm lagos to BWI airport or frm lagos to JFK..please I need to hear from you as I am about to book my flight too....thanks God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by xmelly4lov: 2:56am On Mar 27, 2013
tovalli: Remmy488 pls how is the flight u booked to maryland??...is it frm lagos to BWI airport or frm lagos to JFK..please I need to hear from you as I am about to book my flight too....thanks God bless
If you are booking through emirate airline, you have to use a connecting flight, because You can't get direct to BWI, you connect from lagos to dubai,from dubai to New York, from NY To BWI or other connecting means.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 5:35am On Mar 27, 2013
xmelly4lov:
If you are booking through emirate airline, you have to use a connecting flight, because You can't get direct to BWI, you connect from lagos to dubai,from dubai to New York, from NY To BWI or other connecting means.
He could also fly Delta to Atlanta(about 11h 45mins),then connect to BWI(about 1h50mins).Less hassle compared to some other options.BA ALSO FLIES flies to BWI via Heathrow,but the wait time at Heathrow(from about 6:30am to 2:00pm) is rather long.However,the wait time for BA'S flight to DULLES,transiting through Terminal 5 is about 4 hours.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Gbenge 77: He could also fly Delta to Atlanta(about 11h 45mins),then connect to BWI(about 1h50mins).Less hassle compared to some other options.BA ALSO FLIES flies to BWI via Heathrow,but the wait time at Heathrow(from about 6:30am to 2:00pm) is rather long.However,the wait time for BA'S flight to DULLES,transiting through Terminal 5 is about 4 hours.
i guess connecting md via newyork wld be cheap.....compared to almost $1500 of BA and delta airline......if it were my case as uncle adesoji adviced....wld connect peter pan bus to md
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
i guess connecting md via newyork wld be cheap.....compared to almost $1500 of BA and delta airline......if it were my case as uncle adesoji adviced....wld connect peter pan bus to md
Yeah,Delta doesnt come cheap)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
Ok,if he looking to cut costs,then Delta might not be his best bet as They dont come cheap.I only flew with them when they were flying a new 777:Not flown with them since they changed to an Airbus though.Been flying BA since they offer a lower price:However,Delta offers an advantage as they allow two 30kg bags ,while BA allows two 23kg bags.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Dannyam: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys, had my interview yesterday and thought i should share the experience with you.
Interview
Co: Do you swear that whatever you have provided here in this and what you will in this interview is true?
Me: Yes I do
Co: Good
Co: What is your current occupation?
Me: Unemployed
Co: Are you looking for a job?
Me: Yes
Co: What kind of job?
Me: Finance or Banking
Co: Are you married?
Me: No
Co: Do you have children?
Co: When did you graduated from school?
Me: University?
Co: Yes
Me: 2010
Co: Daniel, am gonna ask you to come on the 5th April to pick up your visa. Don't make any traveling arrangement
until you have your visa.
Me: I want to change my host's address. can i do that?
Co: Sure
Co: Take this paper and write the address for me
Me: Thanks, but i already have it here on a piece of paper.
Co: Oh, great!
Co: That will be all
Me: Thanks grin grin grin grin
My POE is NYC. how is searching for a job in NYC like? i have a degree in economics. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to you all!!!!

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2013
Gbenge 77: Ok,if he looking to cut costs,then Delta might not be his best bet as They dont come cheap.I only flew with them when they were flying a new 777:Not flown with them since they changed to an Airbus though.Been flying BA since they offer a lower price:However,Delta offers an advantage as they allow two 30kg bags ,while BA allows two 23kg bags.

Arik give 32kg.

How can I connect from newyork to baltimore.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dannyam: Hi guys, had my interview yesterday and thought i should share the experience with you.
Interview
Co: Do you swear that whatever you have provided here in this and what you will in this interview is true?
Co: Daniel, am gonna ask you to come on the 5th April to pick up your visa. Don't make any traveling arrangement
My POE is NYC. how is searching for a job in NYC like? i have a degree in economics. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to you all!!!!

Congratulations Dan.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dannyam: Hi guys, had my interview yesterday and thought i should share the experience with you.
Interview

Congrats
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Dannyam: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
jidex001:

Congrats
thanks man.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Dannyam: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations Dan.
Thanx!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Interview

Congratulations.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 6:38am On Mar 28, 2013
Nt yet but I intend staying @ 2123N bmore.

xmelly4lov:
hyattsville anapolise RD MD.U?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 6:45am On Mar 28, 2013
I didn't kwn u were goin to Bmore untill dt day I saw it on ur post here Washington Dulles should hve been d best option for u cos it is closer to Bmore dan NY wt about an hour by road.

jidex001:

Arik give 32kg.

How can I connect from newyork to baltimore.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2013
The flight I booked was to Washington Dulles cos is closer about an hour to Bmore by road. Direct flights to BWI are scarce and expensive.

tovalli: Remmy488 pls how is the flight u booked to maryland??...is it frm lagos to BWI airport or frm lagos to JFK..please I need to hear from you as I am about to book my flight too....thanks God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by emebeteaderashn(m): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2013
hello temmy and the whole house help me out,today i recieved a welcome letter from uscis and what i dont understand is on the letter it states about form os155a,what is it?does it have anything to do with my green card?when should i expect my green card?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hello temmy and the whole house help me out,today i recieved a welcome letter from uscis and what i dont understand is on the letter it states about form os155a,what is it?does it have anything to do with my green card?when should i expect my green card?
you should expect your green car in next 5 working days
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Oh kk bro..what airline and how much did u pay for it??
Remmy488: The flight I booked was to Washington Dulles cos is closer about an hour to Bmore by road. Direct flights to BWI are scarce and expensive.

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
It was a qatar airways and I paid 140k through a friend that works in an airline ticketing firm

tovalli: Oh kk bro..what airline and how much did u pay for it??
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hello House,
This is my 2nd day in US, New Jersey.
I understand i have to apply for SSN.
Pls let anyone who has applied in New Jersey or who knows where kindly direct me to the office.
Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Kk bro thanks...so wen are u leaving naija
Remmy488: It was a qatar airways and I paid 140k through a friend that works in an airline ticketing firm

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
HI everyone. I and my wife just arrived San Antonio lastnight. I will like to know if anyone lives here too....

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
Next Month precisely 2*th less dan a mont frm nw

tovalli: Kk bro thanks...so wen are u leaving naija
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 29, 2013
Remmy488: Next Month precisely 2*th less dan a mont frm nw

oh cool...same with me I just saw a cheap quatar flight to washington dulles on wakanow.com too
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 29, 2013
tovalli: oh cool...same with me I just saw a cheap quatar flight to washington dulles on wakanow.com too
cost plz

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2013
May be we re goin to be on-board of same flight. Hve u gotten d PNR code for ur flight?

tovalli: oh cool...same with me I just saw a cheap quatar flight to washington dulles on wakanow.com too
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2013
Even Emirate is cheaper it's around 133k for 2nd of May why not go for dt?

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
Remmy488: Even Emirate is cheaper it's around 133k for 2nd of May why not go for dt?

yh bro I saw it tooo...but the stop over @ dubai is too long..

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.