Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176680 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:18am On Mar 30, 2013
loconzo00: Hello House,
This is my 2nd day in US, New Jersey.
I understand i have to apply for SSN.
Pls let anyone who has applied in New Jersey or who knows where kindly direct me to the office.
Thanks

google the department of Homeland security in your location and go with your passport and birth certificate.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:20am On Mar 30, 2013
Allybert: HI everyone. I and my wife just arrived San Antonio lastnight. I will like to know if anyone lives here too....

you are welcome Allybert, which state is that?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
Dannyam: Hi guys, had my interview yesterday and thought i should share the experience with you.
Interview
Co: Do you swear that whatever you have provided here in this and what you will in this interview is true?
Me: Yes I do
Co: Good
Co: What is your current occupation?
Me: Unemployed
Co: Are you looking for a job?
Me: Yes
Co: What kind of job?
Me: Finance or Banking
Co: Are you married?
Me: No
Co: Do you have children?
Me: No
Co: When did you graduated from school?
Me: University?
Co: Yes
Me: 2010
Co: Daniel, am gonna ask you to come on the 5th April to pick up your visa. Don't make any traveling arrangement
until you have your visa.
Me: I want to change my host's address. can i do that?
Co: Sure
Co: Take this paper and write the address for me
Me: Thanks, but i already have it here on a piece of paper.
Co: Oh, great!
Co: That will be all
Me: Thanks grin grin grin grin
My POE is NYC. how is searching for a job in NYC like? i have a degree in economics. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to you all!!!!

Congrats ! Welcome to America.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

google the department of Homeland security in your location and go with your passport and birth certificate.

Thanks brother.

We also received immunization records each on a single sheet of A4 paper(apart from the one in sealed envelope for embassy)from the doctor who conducted our medical tests for us at Ikoyi, Lagos.
The doctor told me its for Point of Entry. It was not asked for at our POE (New York JFK). We have the records with us.
I hope this does not matter much as to affect our records.

To anyone who knows about New Jersey, kindly let me know the best part of New Jersey to stay with kids.
We are presently in Newark, but its all blacks (not being racist here pls) and we'll like to live where its at least missed race.

Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
loconzo00:

Thanks brother.

We also received immunization records each on a single sheet of A4 paper(apart from the one in sealed envelope for embassy)from the doctor who conducted our medical tests for us at Ikoyi, Lagos.
The doctor told me its for Point of Entry. It was not asked for at our POE (New York JFK). We have the records with us.
I hope this does not matter much as to affect our records.

To anyone who knows about New Jersey, kindly let me know the best part of New Jersey to stay with kids.
We are presently in Newark, but its all blacks (not being racist here pls) and we'll like to live where its at least missed race.
Thanks

loconzo00 forget about that immunization shit they gave you, nobody will ever ask that from you. Adzovia lives in NJ try to contact her.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by emebeteaderashn(m): 11:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
just got my green card... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
emebeteaderashn: just got my green card... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ope o,how about your Shola?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 1:10am On Mar 31, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

loconzo00 forget about that immunization shit they gave you, nobody will ever ask that from you. Adzovia lives in NJ try to contact her.

Thanks brother.
God bless u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by seal777(m): 1:18am On Mar 31, 2013
Seal777 reporting from the Doha International Airport in Qatar en route Houston Texas aboard Qatar airways.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by brightmon: 1:27am On Mar 31, 2013
seal777: Seal777 reporting from the Doha International Airport in Qatar en route Houston Texas aboard Qatar airways.
Enjoy my brother, we are expecting you in the States were the only Oga @ the Top is God not man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:45am On Mar 31, 2013
seal777: Seal777 reporting from the Doha International Airport in Qatar en route Houston Texas aboard Qatar airways.

enjoy your flight bro

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 5:00am On Mar 31, 2013

Enjoy your flight.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
Greetings to you all and compliment of the season.
I'm yet to be interviewed but while I wait, I decided to keep my brain a bit busy by reading Drivers' Manual. I'm reading for the State of Connecticut and I came across something that got me confusing. I quote;
" Applicants who successfully complete driver education through a commercial driving school school MUST wait 120 days after issuance of the learner's permit before taking the road test".
Please can someone shed more light on this because I can't seem to understand it. Does it mean one will have toi stay for 120 day aftr d issuance of learners permit before taking the road test?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ seal777, enjoy ur flight
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
junkerhill: Greetings to you all and compliment of the season.
I'm yet to be interviewed but while I wait, I decided to keep my brain a bit busy by reading Drivers' Manual. I'm reading for the State of Connecticut and I came across something that got me confusing. I quote;
" Applicants who successfully complete driver education through a commercial driving school school MUST wait 120 days after issuance of the learner's permit before taking the road test".
Please can someone shed more light on this because I can't seem to understand it. Does it mean one will have toi stay for 120 day aftr d issuance of learners permit before taking the road test?

the interpretation be say;if you pass through driving school,and you passed the computer base driver's test, you have to wait for almost 4 months before you can go for the real practical driving test.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

the interpretation be say;if you pass through driving school,and you passed the computer base driver's test, you have to wait for almost 4 months before you can go for the real practical driving test.
Ok brother thank you so much.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

you are welcome Allybert, which state is that?

It is Texas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by junkerhill(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OUR ARTICULATE MEMBERS OF DIS GREAT FORUM.I NEED AN URGENT ADVICE AS REGARD DIS ISSUE.MY SISTER IN TEXAS BOUGHT QUATER AIRLINE TICKET ONLINE FOR MY FAMILY OF 3 WITH HER CREDIT CARD.WE LATER DISCOVER DAT WE WILL BE DISTURB DURING OUR CHECK IN AT MMA,SINCE D CARD IS NOT OURS.I WENT TO CLARIFY DAT AT QUATER OFFICE AT MMA,I WAS TOLD MY SISTER CAN GO TO THEIR OFFICE OVER DERE 4 VERIFICATION AND SEND US A COPY TO USE HERE TO CHECK IN.SHE HAS LOOKED 4 THEIR OFFICE IN HER TOWN AIRPORT ALL TO NO AVAIL.PLS WAT DO YOU THINK WE CAN DO ABOUT DIS AGAIN,ITS JUST ABOUT FEW DAYS TO THIS FLIGHT.PLS ADVICE.TKS
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
akaniman: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OUR ARTICULATE MEMBERS OF DIS GREAT FORUM.I NEED AN URGENT ADVICE AS REGARD DIS ISSUE.MY SISTER IN TEXAS BOUGHT QUATER AIRLINE TICKET ONLINE FOR MY FAMILY OF 3 WITH HER CREDIT CARD.WE LATER DISCOVER DAT WE WILL BE DISTURB DURING OUR CHECK IN AT MMA,SINCE D CARD IS NOT OURS.I WENT TO CLARIFY DAT AT QUATER OFFICE AT MMA,I WAS TOLD MY SISTER CAN GO TO THEIR OFFICE OVER DERE 4 VERIFICATION AND SEND US A COPY TO USE HERE TO CHECK IN.SHE HAS LOOKED 4 THEIR OFFICE IN HER TOWN AIRPORT ALL TO NO AVAIL.PLS WAT DO YOU THINK WE CAN DO ABOUT DIS AGAIN,ITS JUST ABOUT FEW DAYS TO THIS FLIGHT.PLS ADVICE.TKS

Pls do u mean ur sister didn't give u d ticket or PNR number or Booking reference. What do u mean by dis statement. WE LATER DISCOVER DAT WE WILL BE DISTURB DURING OUR CHECK IN AT MMA. Pls explain.. So we know what to do sharp sharp.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by akaniman: 5:22am On Apr 02, 2013
@Jidex001 Tks 4 ur responce.What i mean is dat, since d credit card is not my own,she has to do verification with quater office there and send us a copy,to avoid check in disturbance.Pls has any one be in dis situation before?pls advice.Tks and i wish everyone a blessed day.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2013
akaniman: @Jidex001 Tks 4 ur responce.What i mean is dat, since d credit card is not my own,she has to do verification with quater office there and send us a copy,to avoid check in disturbance.Pls has any one be in dis situation before?pls advice.Tks and i wish everyone a blessed day.

my brother it doesnt matter who made the payment.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

my brother it doesnt matter who made the payment.

@akaniman:
Yes, it doesn't matter who made the payment. All you need is the confirmation or reservation number, otherwise known as the PNR and your travel documents.
Good luck.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
akaniman: @Jidex001 Tks 4 ur responce.What i mean is dat, since d credit card is not my own,she has to do verification with quater office there and send us a copy,to avoid check in disturbance.Pls has any one be in dis situation before?pls advice.Tks and i wish everyone a blessed day.

My broda, qatar airline is not interswitch or wateva their use over there that will verify the account or payment. If her account has not being debited, she can still re-book the ticket. @MMIA, they don't verify ticket payment bought online. The only thing if ur name is in the system then u are go to go. So ask her if her account has being debited and once she book the ticket again. All she need to do is either she send d copy to ur mail or she sends u the booking reference as called PNR number.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
while staying with a host please avoid:
being the first to on the TV
being the first to wake up and take a bath
going to the refrigerator to pick up drinks all the time
living the light on all the time
using the home phone all the time,or giving the number out to your friends
being the last person to wake up in the morning
cooking while they are at work
being lazy
sending western union to your immediate family
putting on the heat or ac without the host approval...... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
being the first to wake up and take a birth
being lazy

Hmmmmm.....lol. Bro u are right u.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
being lazy

That is to say, ''ma se be bi oya''. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by loconzo00: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
being lazy

$1million advise.
Truth is bitter.
You have just hit the nail on the head.
May God help all (we)the DV 2013 Nairalander guests in the hands of the hosts o

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:29am On Apr 04, 2013
Leripa:

yes my brodaman,if you no won be prey.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 2:25am On Apr 04, 2013
Leripa:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 4:47am On Apr 04, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
being lazy

nice one bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by eduson33(m): 8:25am On Apr 04, 2013
have been following this thread for long but a bit confused,

please pardon my silly question,
can someone tell me about this host?

do you guys mean,your relation or your friend you are gonna stay with?
or are they people that the government have assigned to house you for the mean time of entrance into the states?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.