Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (179710 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2013
Jinny123: Hello forumites, pls help me out, my medical is expiring @ d end of ds month and am still on naija soil, pls ao can i go abt it? Though my visa has been approved but am not planning to travel now until next month end, hope ds won't av any effect on me @ d point of entry. Pls i need ur advice.

You may need to go back to the hospital and take the second dose.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:12am On Aug 16, 2013
lorddom: I DON REACH THE LAND
Welcome to America.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2013
Jinny123: Hello forumites, pls help me out, my medical is expiring @ d end of ds month and am still on naija soil, pls ao can i go abt it? Though my visa has been approved but am not planning to travel now until next month end, hope ds won't av any effect on me @ d point of entry. Pls i need ur advice.

It will not affect you, except they will keep you in another room for about 6 hours, whilst dealing with other issues! Only to tell you to go and do it again and submit, within 30 days. Also doing it in Nigeria is a waste of time because they do not accept anything that is not already in the envelope. Try contacting the US embassy in Nigeria and tell them, otherwise, proceed to US as soon as possible.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by webstradamus: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
jonnywalker: Thanks everyone for ur wonderful work.i recently moved to ohio n i badly need the driving manual to help me pass the knowledge test. im asking if i can study the ones people have posted for different state.if not then i would be very grateeful to get the ohio drivin manual on this thread.thanks n stay bless

Driving manual for Ohio -> http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/hsy7607.pdf

Practice Questions for Knowledge Test -> http://driversprep.com/test.php?state=oh

More Practice Questions for Knowledge Test -> http://www.usdriving.net/dmv_practice.php?state=oh

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by penticom: 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
please house, my twins are just 2yrs, are they going to pay the $165 fee too?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:03am On Aug 20, 2013
penticom: please house, my twins are just 2yrs, are they going to pay the $165 fee too?
Yes.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jonnywalker: 4:05am On Aug 20, 2013
Hi evryone,thank u all.thank the almighty i sucessfully passed the exam today.i google driversprep/state.ohio.i got more practice questions n it really helped.most of the questions came directly.thanks everyone who tried helping
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=MsSantaClaus][/quote]
Thanks a lot. Because I went alone since I hadn't sent them any forms notifying them of my new status, I was asked if I wanted to travel with my wife and I said "of course!". The forms I submitted last year were then brought out and I was asked to edit to include my wife's info. Our interview has now been rescheduled to August 22. I was so over the moon!

We have done Police Report and medicals for her over the weekend too.

I believe the interview will go well and we'll be granted our visas. The prayers of the house are appreciated!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
House, please how long does it take to get the packages on arrival in Texas. I've been here for 2 weeks and still nothing at all in the mail.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 3:20am On Aug 21, 2013
Freshie:
Thanks a lot. Because I went alone since I hadn't sent them any forms notifying them of my new status, I was asked if I wanted to travel with my wife and I said "of course!". The forms I submitted last year were then brought out and I was asked to edit to include my wife's info. Our interview has now been rescheduled to August 22. I was so over the moon!

We have done Police Report and medicals for her over the weekend too.

I believe the interview will go well and we'll be granted our visas. The prayers of the house are appreciated!

So happy for you!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

So happy for you!

Thanks @MsSantaClaus
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chuck87: House, please how long does it take to get the packages on arrival in Texas. I've been here for 2 weeks and still nothing at all in the mail.

3 weeks at least, so be patient! cheesy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
NO. But the bills was eventually paid for; not by me, but Medicaid. I had to apply for an emergency medicaid to pay the bills. The application only covers the bills and does not give me or my wife any medicaid benefits thereafter. I was told that each time we receive any bill from the hospital, we will need to fill out an application for emergency medicaid so that the hospital bills will be paid for.

MsSantaClaus:

Hello , please what eventually happened ? We're u given the Medicaid?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Allybert: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2013
Allybert: NO. But the bills was eventually paid for; not by me, but Medicaid. I had to apply for an emergency medicaid to pay the bills. The application only covers the bills and does not give me or my wife any medicaid benefits thereafter. I was told that each time we receive any bill from the hospital, we will need to fill out an application for emergency medicaid so that the hospital bills will be paid for.

Wow, thanks for that info.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 6:32am On Aug 22, 2013
Chuck87: House, please how long does it take to get the packages on arrival in Texas. I've been here for 2 weeks and still nothing at all in the mail.

It takes like six(6) weeks now 2 get ur package (GC) so be patient bro.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
My wife and I got our visas approved today! God be praised!!!!!

She is due to give birth in about 3 weeks, so we were advised not to travel yet. They said that when she gives birth we should come with baby's birth certificate and passport pictures and we'll be issued a letter permitting us to include the baby in our trip.

God is soo awesome, he made it possible!

I wish everyone else yet to go for their interview God's favour!

ATL here we come!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Freshie: My wife and I got our visas approved today! God be praised!!!!!

She is due to give birth in about 3 weeks, so we were advised not to travel yet. They said that when she gives birth we should come with baby's birth certificate and passport pictures and we'll be issued a letter permitting us to include the baby in our trip.

ATL here we come!

Congratulations
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Sakirasexy: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2013
House ,am going to washington dc by october. Is there anything I need to know .I have my ssce. Certificate ,am an undergraduate and also a proffessional hair stylist.do I need to learn how to drive before coming .thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2013

ATL here we come!

Yaay! So happy for you both! Congrats!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by buklan4realyah(f): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Sakirasexy: House ,am going to washington dc by october. Is there anything I need to know .I have my ssce. Certificate ,am an undergraduate and also a proffessional hair stylist.do I need to learn how to drive before coming .thanks

yES! u have to learn aw to drive b4 leaving Nija, so dat d idea will help u
cos dey said u cant get any job without ur driver's licence
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Who says u can't get any job without driver licence in DC? As much as I know, u can get jobs in DC without driver licence, the essence of learning driving befor coming over is to make ur mobility easy wen u com and facilitate ur process of gettng drivers licence here. Please let's stop givng dis ppl all dis hear says information, I work in DC and I have no driver licence, the Metro buses and trains are there 4 ur mobility to work.

buklan4real@yah:

yES! u have to learn aw to drive b4 leaving Nija, so dat d idea will help u
cos dey said u cant get any job without ur driver's licence

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by buklan4realyah(f): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=Remmy488]Who says u can't get any job without driver licence in DC? As much as I know, u can get jobs in DC without driver licence, the essence of learning driving befor coming over is to make ur mobility easy wen u com and facilitate ur process of gettng drivers licence here. Please let's stop givng dis ppl all dis hear says information, I work in DC and I have no driver licence, the Metro buses and trains are there 4 ur mobility to work.

u don dey vex? abeg no vex ooo biko
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Yaay! So happy for you both! Congrats!

Thanks so much! We're so happy for ourselves too! wink
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations
Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Chuck87: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2013

ATL here we come!

Congrats!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Am not angry, I was only trying to tell you U can get a job without driver licence in DC. But dat never stops you from processing ur licence because weather is changing soon u will need a reliable means of transportation to ur work.

[quote author=buklan4real@yah][/quote]
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missbelle: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
hello guys, please i stay in Indianapolis and i was wondering if anyone stays in this area. also if anyone has an idea when a GC will come in or has a contact (telephone no) to the immigration.thanks. i would also like to kn what steps to take.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
missbelle: hello guys, please does anyone has an idea when a GC will come in or has a contact (telephone no) to the immigration.thanks. i would also like to kn what steps to take.
Its usually within 21 or less , I tink it shld b dsame there. U dont contact d immigration not until after 21 days .

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Phone – (603) 334-0700 , (800) 375-5283 , 800) 767-1833

Just b patient bros.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Amedino1: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls my peepz how long it take to get GC, State ID n SSN in Philadelphia
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missbelle: 3:59am On Aug 25, 2013
thanks.
ighoosagie: Its usually within 21 or less , I tink it shld b dsame there. U dont contact d immigration not until after 21 days .

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Phone – (603) 334-0700 , (800) 375-5283 , 800) 767-1833

Just b patient bros.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2013
Chuck87:

Congrats!

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.