Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,460 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (179696 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pakholla: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2013
Pls I av try asking this question in dv 2013 forum but no reply I know u guys will answa for me am sorry if I may ask an agent told me I can't register for the dv lottery until am 18 years of age and I try confusing him by 2015 I will be 19 years of age if I apply for dv 2015 pls am discourage and also want to hear from the mouth of u guys and I av my educational result for me to qualify. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lhasky007: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
pakholla: Pls I av try asking this question in dv 2013 forum but no reply I know u guys will answa for me am sorry if I may ask an agent told me I can't register for the dv lottery until am 18 years of age and I try confusing him by 2015 I will be 19 years of age if I apply for dv 2015 pls am discourage and also want to hear from the mouth of u guys and I av my educational result for me to qualify. Thanks in anticipation
That's not true, age is not a requirement but you must have at least 5 credit in your O levels to qualify. Hope this ans your question.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 3:59am On Aug 27, 2013
Age is part of requirements 4 registration for DVlottery, as a minor you can't apply but rather be a dependant(beneficiary) under either of ur parents if they eventually win.

lhasky007:
That's not true, age is not a requirement but you must have at least 5 credit in your O levels to qualify. Hope this ans your question.

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Freshie: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
pakholla: Pls I av try asking this question in dv 2013 forum but no reply I know u guys will answa for me am sorry if I may ask an agent told me I can't register for the dv lottery until am 18 years of age and I try confusing him by 2015 I will be 19 years of age if I apply for dv 2015 pls am discourage and also want to hear from the mouth of u guys and I av my educational result for me to qualify. Thanks in anticipation

Check number 19 under FAQs in the below link. There is no minimum age requirement but the minimum educational requirement of WAEC would automatically disqualify most people who are under 18 years.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Malcolm28(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
I a DV2014 selectee, I have filed my forms at KCC and they are already processing. Based on my case number, I should be current in November and possibly have my interview in Nov/Dec. My challenge is getting a place where I and my family (wife and 2 kids) can stay for the 1st month before getting our accommodation. We are looking at Washington DC, California, Texas, Ohio or Oregon. Please would appreciate any help in this regard as I would have to provide the address at the interview.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Yusmash00: 6:28am On Aug 28, 2013
Please anybody in TEXAS. I need your help so urgent.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by edojariogba: 7:49am On Aug 28, 2013
hello house pls help me out on this. do i need a driving permit or driving license in nigeria in order for me to get a driving license in texas? pls i need ur urgent reply
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2013
Yusmash00: Please anybody in TEXAS. I need your help so urgent.

Hi, I'm here, wats up?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Yusmash00: 8:25am On Aug 28, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Hi, I'm here, wats up?
I live in Chicago, but will like to relocate to Texas due to the high unemployment and cost of living. I don't know anybody in TX. I need someone i can stay with for the time been. We can pay the house rent together if i have secure a job. I will take care of myself financially. Anyone wanna show love should contact me.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by edojariogba: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
hello mssantaclause pls can u elighten me on how to get a driving license in texas. right now i only knw how to drive but i dont have a nigerian driving license yet
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Andyblaze: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by genlion: 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
House, can someone tell me d benefit of the social security number and its usefulness.is there any financial benefits as regards if
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2013
genlion: House, can someone tell me d benefit of the social security number and its usefulness.is there any financial benefits as regards if
Social Security number (SSN) is a nine-digit number issued to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents under section 205(c)(2) of the Social Security Act, codified as 42 U.S.C. § 405(c)(2). The number is issued to an individual by the Social Security Administration, an independent agency of the United States government. Its primary purpose is to track individuals for Social Security purposes.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by webstradamus: 7:03am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Brethren, I want to know if the BB from Nigeria will work in the US because I just want to get another BB. Please urgent before I pay for it. That is the only phone I will be holding.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Yes it will, but guy the one dat has Gps cos u will need dat for ur movement around

pator: Brethren, I want to know if the BB from Nigeria will work in the US because I just want to get another BB. Please urgent before I pay for it. That is the only phone I will be holding.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by fadinus(m): 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
pator: Brethren, I want to know if the BB from Nigeria will work in the US because I just want to get another BB. Please urgent before I pay for it. That is the only phone I will be holding.

It will work in d US
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Sakirasexy: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
House ,pls how easy is it to get conected to the internet .am heading to newyork by next month and am using a blackberry .I dnt want to rely on my host for fone calls and browzing .if any one know the cost ,pls tell
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Sakirasexy: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Do I have to get my green card in newyork before I will start my cna course .answer needed asap
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
U will need a new Simcard from network providers in US such as Tmobile, AT$T Simple Mobile, but simple mobile is good if you desire to continue using ur BB, it is about $54/month tax inclusive

Sakirasexy: House ,pls how easy is it to get conected to the internet .am heading to newyork by next month and am using a blackberry .I dnt want to rely on my host for fone calls and browzing .if any one know the cost ,pls tell
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ur ssn and either ur or state I'D would be accepted for that, I heard GC takes about 6weeks to arrive now so you can do ur CNA before its arrival

Sakirasexy: Do I have to get my green card in newyork before I will start my cna course .answer needed asap
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Remmy488: U will need a new Simcard from network providers in US such as Tmobile, AT$T Simple Mobile, but simple mobile is good if you desire to continue using ur BB, it is about $54/month tax inclusive

Bro, are you sure of this? $54/month is about 8,640 naira. that is on a high side
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Remmy488(m): 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes! That's what I pay monthly 4 my BB plan on simple mobo though it's unlimited calls and internet. But it's still cheap compare to other networks here.

pator:

Bro, are you sure of this? $54/month is about 8,640 naira. that is on a high side
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Yusmash00: 4:28am On Sep 03, 2013
pator:

Lol.. I paid $69 inc tax to Tmobile for my BB.. No contract
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 03, 2013
pator:

d Lord is ur strength.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Remmy488: Yes! That's what I pay monthly 4 my BB plan on simple mobo though it's unlimited calls and internet. But it's still cheap compare to other networks here.

If it is with call then it makes sense.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls when can i start processing my social security number? i landed in US last week,
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Jinny123: pls when can i start processing my social security number? i landed in US last week,
ASAP
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
is there anything like welcome to america package?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Jinny123: is there anything like welcome to america package?

yes,, but it is just a welcoming letter and notice of action on your card.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 4:05am On Sep 04, 2013
i wasn't given anything like welcome to america package, what next then?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by jidex001(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2013
Yusmash00: Lol.. I paid $69 inc tax to Tmobile for my BB.. No contract

I pay $40 for simple mobile with 250mb. Free International text message incusive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.