Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176575 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Yusmash00: 5:39am On Sep 04, 2013
jidex001:

I pay $40 for simple mobile with 250mb. Free International text message incusive.
Are you using BB? Is the 250MB enough for a month? I was using Simple Mobile when i first got here but paying $50 for 2G including free international text. I switch to Tmobile when my phone crash and bought another BB from Tmobile. I couldn't get on contract because i don't have any credit yet. So i paid the full payment of the phone.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Jinny123: i wasn't given anything like welcome to america package, what next then?

you wont receive by hand, they will only send it to your designated address.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
hello house is there anyone in texas in the house? pls i need your help on this: i have a nigerian drivers permit can i use it to get a texas driving license ?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogba1: 2:10am On Sep 05, 2013
baba ajala: hello house is there anyone in texas in the house? pls i need your help on this: i have a nigerian drivers permit can i use it to get a texas driving license ?
Nope you can only use it to drive for 90 days by which time you will have gotten ur texas driver license after passing all the necessary tests. pls visit any of the Department of Public safety (DPS)
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2013
ogba1:
Nope you can only use it to drive for 90 days by which time you will have gotten ur texas driver license after passing all the necessary tests. pls visit any of the Department of Public safety (DPS)
tanx @ ogba1 but can i go to the DPS office with only the driving school certificate i got from the driving school were i learnt how to drive in nigeria?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by idriez: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
jidex001:

I pay $40 for simple mobile with 250mb. Free International text message incusive.
Try Lycamobile, I thinks its cheaper & better, also runs on the same network with Simplemobile plus gives you cheap rates to Naija... Check it out.
I used it in UK & now here too.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by missannie: 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
House Help!! How can i get a JOB in Houston TX oo! I've search & search, on the internet, I went to stores around, I tell people!! What else can i do I'll appreciate any help. Thanks & God bless
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by iikkwwoo: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Please help me oooooo
I need advice on what short courses or certification i can do so i can get a job. i don't mind health sector but please don't tell me about CNA or RN. i want something short cuz i need to work ASAP. Have you guys heard about health information technology? is it worth it? what about medical assistant?? or any other field??
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hello house,pls I need ✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶Ɣ☺ΰr✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ advice,I will have M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ interview very soon ,d the highest level of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ qualification is Degree and the statement of result dat was given †̥Ooº° ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ has been valid since last year december which the school has collected back from us in other †̥Ooº° give us the certificate but Ϟ•ώ ASUU is on strike.The only evidence I have Ϟ•ώ is M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ "to whom it may concern" and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ NYSC discharge certificate,I hope those ones are enough as an evidence for completion of the degree program,thanks for ✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶Ɣ☺ΰr✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ response.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:15am On Sep 07, 2013
iikkwwoo: Please help me oooooo
I need advice on what short courses or certification i can do so i can get a job. i don't mind health sector but please don't tell me about CNA or RN. i want something short cuz i need to work ASAP. Have you guys heard about health information technology? is it worth it? what about medical assistant?? or any other field??

Medical assistant will take you 7mths plus and you may need to pass the state exam before you can be employ, if you really need a short course go for CPR/AED it is just a day to two days training and you can get a job in one of those Homes around, you can also crown it up with Medication administration training it is just 5 days training.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:16am On Sep 07, 2013
Fortsucc: Hello house,pls I need ✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶Ɣ☺ΰr✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ advice,I will have M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ interview very soon ,d the highest level of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ qualification is Degree and the statement of result dat was given †̥Ooº° ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ has been valid since last year december which the school has collected back from us in other †̥Ooº° give us the certificate but Ϟ•ώ ASUU is on strike.The only evidence I have Ϟ•ώ is M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ "to whom it may concern" and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ NYSC discharge certificate,I hope those ones are enough as an evidence for completion of the degree program,thanks for ✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶Ɣ☺ΰr✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ response.

good to go.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks for your response
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Fortsucc(f): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks for your response @ adesoji,pls my questions still remain. My waec certificate has a wrong DOB instead of september 17,they typed November 17, which I had only 3 credits there and my neco result has 6 credit.My question now is that can I go with that wace certificate or I should go with Neco certificate only? In my form I submitted to kcc I wrote both waec and neco,if I then go with neco alone won't they ask for the waec certificate,I hope that will not disqualify me? Secondly,I hope laminated document are acceptable at the interview? Thirdly,my national population birth certificate has recent date,I hope that is not a problem too? Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojisalara: 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Fortsucc: Thanks for your response @ adesoji,pls my questions still remain. My waec certificate has a wrong DOB instead of september 17,they typed November 17, which I had only 3 credits there and my neco result has 6 credit.My question now is that can I go with that wace certificate or I should go with Neco certificate only? In my form I submitted to kcc I wrote both waec and neco,if I then go with neco alone won't they ask for the waec certificate,I hope that will not disqualify me? Secondly,I hope laminated document are acceptable at the interview? Thirdly,my national population birth certificate has recent date,I hope that is not a problem too? Thanks.

You can go with NECO ok, I used Neco for my interview but I will advice you to go with the WAEC too but present the NECO for them..cheers
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Jinny123(m): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
i landed on US soil last week, when can i start processing my social security number? also is it after receiving WELCOME TO AMERICA PACKAGE? pls i need ur urgent reply
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2013
Fortsucc: Thanks for your response @ adesoji,pls my questions still remain. My waec certificate has a wrong DOB instead of september 17,they typed November 17, which I had only 3 credits there and my neco result has 6 credit.My question now is that can I go with that wace certificate or I should go with Neco certificate only? In my form I submitted to kcc I wrote both waec and neco,if I then go with neco alone won't they ask for the waec certificate,I hope that will not disqualify me? Secondly,I hope laminated document are acceptable at the interview? Thirdly,my national population birth certificate has recent date,I hope that is not a problem too? Thanks.

Just like ojisalara said, go with the two present your NECO certificate and you may do an affidavit to correct the DOB, but if they don't ask for it to present it.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2013
Jinny123: i landed on US soil last week, when can i start processing my social security number? also is it after receiving WELCOME TO AMERICA PACKAGE? pls i need ur urgent reply

Go immediately to the department of homeland security closer to you with you Pali and birth cert. for registration, it varies from state to state sha.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daprof2: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2013
GOOD DAY, pls my question might be so cold to you but pls find a place in your hrt to answer me perfectly , I'm a married woman here in Nigeria with two kids, I have a close citizen friend in US..newyork to be precise, his willing to help my younger brother who just finish serving to come to US .......pls what are the steps we should take?...steps for both my friend and I....and pls is it possible to make his journey by octoiber ending if the processing starts immediately?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 4:59am On Sep 09, 2013
Pls guys what happen when someone misses his flight. What are the likely alternative available?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 6:04am On Sep 09, 2013
pator: Pls guys what happen when someone misses his flight. What are the likely alternative available?

Did you miss your flight? If yes, all i can say as an aviator, is to call the airline or visit their office.
Likely alternative? Your class of ticket will determine what action would be taken.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2013
daprof2: GOOD DAY, pls my question might be so cold to you but pls find a place in your hrt to answer me perfectly , I'm a married woman here in Nigeria with two kids, I have a close citizen friend in US..newyork to be precise, his willing to help my younger brother who just finish serving to come to US .......pls what are the steps we should take?...steps for both my friend and I....and pls is it possible to make his journey by octoiber ending if the processing starts immediately?

Honestly, you may need to ask the Visaofficer here, follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by kevweflex(m): 12:32am On Sep 10, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Honestly, you may need to ask the Visaofficer here, follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me

I think the VO has given her a definitive answer there that the friend can't.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2013
missannie: House Help!! How can i get a JOB in Houston TX oo! I've search & search, on the internet, I went to stores around, I tell people!! What else can i do I'll appreciate any help. Thanks & God bless

For those in Houston, there are a lot of Nigerian professional (non medical field) that offers training in various areas. Try and talk to people in the local community and the good one among them will point you in the right direction.

I just relocated to Houston about a month ago and i have met more than 3 Nigerians that offer training in SAP, EMD and project management.

Network.............
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by genlion: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pls can someone list out sOme certifications a new immigrant can do wen he gets to america. Pls the certification shld come wt their duration tank you
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by oyidiyaagbayi: 4:57am On Sep 11, 2013
hello house , I just got here on sunday . I want to say a very big thank u to all u guys who has in one way or the other contributed in making this dream a reality. u remember me,? d one that missed her interview and got a reschedule . it was an experience that one dosen't forget easily ,any way that's in d history. Thanks once more, am in north carolina.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
oyidiyaagbayi: hello house , I just got here on sunday . I want to say a very big thank u to all u guys who has in one way or the other contributed in making this dream a reality. u remember me,? d one that missed her interview and got a reschedule . it was an experience that one dosen't forget easily ,any way that's in d history. Thanks once more, am in north carolina.

Welcome to America!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 8:18am On Sep 11, 2013
alutaa:

For those in Houston, there are a lot of Nigerian professional (non medical field) that offers training in various areas. Try and talk to people in the local community and the good one among them will point you in the right direction.

I just relocated to Houston about a month ago and i have met more than 3 Nigerians that offer training in SAP, EMD and project management.

Network.............

Nice one.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by babaajala: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
gudday my fellow immigrants. pls can someone enlighten me any good medical training program that that i can use to get a job quick that i can attend in texas. pls tell me the duration and cost of the programs. pls i need ur advise urgently.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chio: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
I really want to thank God for safe arrival to the USA am presently in NY.
am taking my time to read through this thread.
I cam in on the Sept 7th
Am trying to Settle down and know what to do next.
Pls wen do i get my SSN and GC
is there anything i could be doing either work or training before the GC and ssn arrives.
I was was working as QC analyst before i came to the New york
I have and HND in Chemical Engineering
i would appreciate ur advice
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.