Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims (20502 Views)

HAJJ Pilgrims Defrauded, Stranded At Lagos Airport / Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by mukina2: 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
As Nigerian and Saudi authorities continue to bicker over the detention of Nigerian women in that country, reports reaching us say the Saudi authorities have begun deporting the detained female hajj pilgrims.

The first batch of 71 women from Katsina and Taraba States have already been deported and arrived the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano (MAKIA) this evening.

The pilgrims arrived the airport aboard a Max Air aircraft with registration number 5N MM at about 4.58 pm.

Four hundred female pilgrims from Nigeria, who arrived in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for this year’s hajj, were on Sunday separated from their male counterparts and detained by Saudi authorities for failing to provide her Muharram that is, the approved male companion accompanying her on her trip, usually a husband, father or brother.

There are reports that the number of detained women had risen to 1000 but that could not be independently verified by this newspaper.

The matter has sparked a fierce diplomatic row between the two countries, with the foreign ministers of the two countries unable to resolve the logjam.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/101646-saudi-deports-first-batch-of-detained-female-hajj-pilgrims.html

1 Like

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
You need to see the face of Sambo some minutes ago on nta while addressing the saudi ambassador to Nigeria.. The terrible look gives the impression like his whole life depends on hajj.. as if he was gonna die if they eventually deport ALL ..

I think if more muslims and christians are been deported like this, we would learn to stop wasting our money on religious infrastructures all in the name of TITLES (as in JP, and Alhaji).

34 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by denitro(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
LOL
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
The most painful part is that most of them were all sponsored by the pilgrimage board from the native state.. Thats fukcing taxpayers money going down the drain, how I wish it was from there own purse
But come to think of it, if I have offended my God and want forgiveness shouldn't I pay from my own pocket? Why must the govt pay? Since Nigeria is a secular state.. This should not be happening..
Those worshipping other deities should also have access to pilgrimage funds.. Equation balance

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Dygeasy(m): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Its crazy... No man to accompany! Very funny people. Last time I checked, hajj is to serve God and to observe one of the five pillars of islam. The only condition Allah (SWT) stated is "if you have the power and the road or route is good, you must perform hajj" when then did having a male to accompany you become a prerequisite for hajj. Abegi make we start our own hajj jor for naija jor.... Arabians too dey vex me

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by asha80(m): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
acidosis™:
You need to see the face of Sambo some minutes ago on nta while addressing the saudi ambassador to Nigeria.. The terrible look gives the impression like his whole life depends on hajj.. as if he was gonna die if they eventually deport ALL ..

I think if more muslims and christians are been deported like this, we would learn to stop wasting our money on religious infrastructures all in the name of TITLES (as in JP, and Alhaji).

of course thei lives depends on hajj grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
I thought the Sultan said they should resist any attempt to be deported? Wetin come happen again? Dem no resist ni? I can see saudis don't give a fucck about nigerian muslims. Smh!

9 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by amosy007: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
71 people? Thats almost 400million naira wasted to d country that see blacks as inferior and on religion that see women as slaves

8 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by amosy007: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dygeasy: Its crazy... No man to accompany! Very funny people. Last time I checked, hajj is to serve God and to observe one of the five pillars of islam. The only condition Allah (SWT) stated is "if you have the power and the road or route is good, you must perform hajj" when then did having a male to accompany you become a prerequisite for hajj. Abegi make we start our own hajj jor for naija jor.... Arabians too dey vex me

so are u saying u know quoran more than the arabs or sabi the religion pass saudi arabians that deported them?
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by subtleb: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hmm re u really sure abt ur suggestion?jst try n reflect more abt it
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Dakingpin: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
I love this "round em up boys shove their arses in a plane n send them back to their boko haram infested waste lands"

12 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by damola1: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yes oh.. finally, we are getting kicked!!!!... from d yansh!!!...
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Kslib(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
See as dem deport them like expired bags of sour garri.. After if any small thing happen for saudi arabia or middle east wey no concern dem..dem go begin protest with hungry belle for dry sun.. Abeg muslim pass muslim joor..

39 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Femmymata2(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deported from holy land, but they can still claim alhaja. I wish we've our own holy land 4 naija, where that one go be hmmm

1 Like

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by jimino(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
D males wey suppose follow dem go form boko haram dey kill innocent and defenceless xtians. Dis is jst d begining, Wat goes around come around.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by photons(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
if Nigeria is where everything goes..... its not so with so many countries.. obey their rules and you are in good terms with them... provide male companions and you are good to go...
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by amosy007: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
Femmymata2: Deported from holy land, but they can still claim alhaja. I wish we've our own holy land 4 naija, where that one go be hmmm
maidiguri... Beside boko haram camp
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nigerian Muslims are not consider faithful enough for the hajj.

House divided against itself can't stand
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Bensilva: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
but if i may ask, naija case always sound different, what of oda countries?
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Hadone(m): 9:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
acidosis™:

WILL YOU SHUT-UP? PEOPLE WERE PAYING HUGE SUM OF MONEY BECOUSE THEY WANT TO PERFORM A RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION, BUT FROM BEHIND YOU'RE CALLING IT WASTAGE. WHO EVEN ASK YOU?
Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by DANILSA(m): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
WAS IT A BIG DEAL SENDING SOME 71 HEAVY MEN TO ACCOMPANY THEM? ATLEAST THEY CAN ENJOY THEM BEFORE THE 77 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Femmymata2: Deported from holy land, but they can still claim alhaja. I wish we've our own holy land 4 naija, where that one go be hmmm
claim wetin? All the women wey dem deport na ALHA dem go dey bear now since dey no complete the hajj.JA don comot for the title.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims by Kslib(m): 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
@seun pls ban ol'dirty till eternity.. Those pictures are too sensitive for my liking.. Even though am not a muslim..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting? / Hajj Miracle: Sudanese Woman Regains Vision After Years Of Blindness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.